Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spidey-Man
You probably can already tell, but I'm a huge Spider-Man fan, and I can't wait for this movie to come out.
Sam Raimi (the director) seems to be making all the right moves, and that's cool. Plus, this movie has a great cast:

Tobey Maguire-Spidey (Pleasantville)
Kirsten Dunst-Mary Jane (Wag The Dog)
James Franco-Harry Osborn (James Dean, he won a Golden Globe)
Willem Dafoe-Norman Osborn/Green Goblin (English Patient, Platoon)
Cliff Robertson-Uncle Ben (won an Academy Award, but I've never heard of him before this)
Rosemary Harris-Aunt May (Sunshine, I think she won an Academy Award too)

Spider-Man's supposed to come out on May 3, 2002.

--Thwipp! big grin

http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/art/gifs/new20/spidet-taunt2.gif

Machine
this movie looks great ,sam raimi is a great director the same director one of the best trilogy's around evil dea ,evil dead 2 and army of darkness ,the trailer for spiderman was fantastic i cant wait till this comes out

ToMacco
It looks better than the last two Batmans.

It should get released much earlier, or much later, though. It's gonna get blown out of the water by Star Wars two weeks later.

Spidey-Man
I don't think so. While Star Wars has a lot of fans, don't underestimate Spidey. The character's been around for years, and he's an American icon.

Ushgarak
SO? So was Batman and Star Wars is still bigger.

JediOasis
Yeah, people had been waiting for X-Men forever and while it did could, its no where near as popular as SW. I think Spider-Man will make a lot of money the first 2 weeks then EPII will come out and make a lot more.

Spidey-Man
Man, I forgot this was a Star Wars oriented site wink.
But, anyways, as far as I can see, Spider-Man is recieving a lot more attention than Episode II is. The media is giving Spidey more props than SW; the fanbase is growing a lot more for Spidey, while SW has lost a lot of fans after Ep. I.
Don't count Spider-Man out, I think it's going to do a lot better than most of you think. It's going to be one heck of a box office battle, that's for sure.

Spidey-Man
Yeah, but Star Wars got beat by Titanic stick out tongue.

ToMacco
(to quote THE DUDE for Big Lebowski)

"What the f**k is with this guy, who is he?"

Gundark
I'm really looking forward to spiderman, but I don't think it will gross more than aotc.

ToMacco
SpiderMan will probably make $100 million at the box office.

Ushgarak
But Titanic was a format-breaker, it behaved like no other movie. It will thrash Spiderman as well. So that statement is entirely irrelevant.

Spidey-Man
Sheesh, calm down, people. I like Star Wars just as much as the next guy, but you guys are taking it into obessive range.

ToMacco
I'll go see Spider Man. Kristen Dunst is a hottie!!!!!! rolling on floor laughing

BackFire349
she's alright, she looks good in spider man, she usually looks bad in the other movies though.

ToMacco
Like hell she looks bad.

LanceWindu
I don't care about the whole 'who beats who in the box office'. As long as the movie looks good then I'm gonna try and go see it. I am going to watch Spider-Man and AOTC.

I've seen nearly every comic book to movie adaptations from the US out there. So count me in for watching and buying Spider-Man when it comes out.

Did anyone see the original Spider-Man movies?

BTW. Kirsten Dunst is a hottie! She can be my Mary Jane anytime!

Gundark
Heck I remember she was cute in Interview With The Vampire.

Dim
I don't think she's changed that much personally..

ToMacco
Her name is Mary Jane in the movie?

LanceWindu
Yeah as in Mary Jane from the comic books.

Texas
Spiderman looks really kewl!
I sure hope its good.
Wont beat AOTC at the BO, but who cares about #'s anyways?

LanceWindu
Not me. Like I said earlier, I'll go see it if it looks good. Not by how much money it makes.

Texas
The studio has already signed the main acters to star in a sequel. You can pretty much bet the studio is expecting big bucks this summer.

LanceWindu
Well I think they deserve the money. The film looks pretty great.

Mujaffa
looks like a cartoon at some places

FLIPMODE
Yeah the CGI looks dumb in Some scenes.

and Let me add, Dunst is the ugliest Mary-Jane they could have picked. Dunst's head is shaped like a Cabbage Patch kid.

Look into any Spiderman Comic book, (Not the movie adaptation) and just see how Hot Mary-jane is supposed to be. Dunst is downright horrible in comparison.

Heck just look at the Spidey cartoon, that was on Fox, and Mj looked waay better.

LanceWindu
Yes they could have picked a way better Mary Jane, but who would it have been?

Thane Zereil
What people should be aware of is that the Spiderman film seems to have a lot going for it and at the momment following the huge success of Blade and The X-Men is garnering a comic film fest fervour, the problem is that if the film actually sucks that this may generate a backlash and put other comic films in the midst of production on hold. The other problem that I find is that I think Star Wars is doing good PR in as much that it is having a slow build up, much as X-Men did. Spiderman is being shoved in everyones faces in every direction and as such with so much Hype risks the problem of just being average and as such having people being dissapointed. Already the actors have signed on for a second film and a potential spin off tv series, this is not a good idea, this will thin out the desire for the product. Even Marvel realised this when they finnally cut down the title to just 2 main titles and having more spin offs one offs and mature story lines that at least allowed there to be differing perspectives for different audiences not just loads of the same..I'm looking forward more to the quieter MTV Ultimate Spiderman cartoon being planned using CGI animation

Julie
I'm leaning towards waiting for this one to come out on video, but I might see it....I'll only see it once though....AOTC on the other hand I have plans to see many times

Oniablo
I'm a SW fan for a long time now but I'm also a Spidey fan and am personally looking forawrd to Spider-Man a bit more the Episode 2. The only thing i don't like about the Spidey movie so far is the way they made the Green Goblin. Isn't he supossed to be in tights like good ol' Spider-Man? anyway....Venom will hopefully be in Spidey 2!

LanceWindu
I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Just wait to see if Spidey is any good before you start thinking about the sequel. Venom would be completely CGI.

Oniablo
You're right, but from what I've seen in the trailers so far, I think it will be worth all the hype it's been given.

LanceWindu
Yes it does look good, but then again we haven't heard much dialouge.

Oniablo
Right again my friend!

echoman
I think Spider-Man has a good chance of being one of the highest money-making movies this year...for sure! I don't know one person that hasn't heard about or isn't excited to watch this movie...

LanceWindu
After watching the Spider-Man movie special on MTV is looks freakin more awesome than before!

But I liked how they described the Wallcrawlers history, especially his embarresing stints on TV with live action shows. I liked the one from Japan cause it looked so stupid.

Rockula
eek!

Just saw Spidey and it freakin Rocked. That movie was almost better than anything I've ever seen. Every five seconds I kept saying to my friend "Wow did you see that?" It's a perfect set-up for a franchise. Keep in mind however, I like Spider-man but don't know much about the story told in the comics.

ToMacco
It was pretty good.

LanceWindu
I still need to see it.

Oniablo
Yesterday, I saw Spider-Man with a group of friends. I loved it. Last night, I saw it AGAIN with my girlfriend and it was even better the second time around. I give props ti Sam Raimi and everyone who had anything to do with the production of this movie. The cast was excellent. I definitley recomened this movie to everyone!

Dim
Well, I thought it was just C grade...loved Tobey Macquire though..too bad they didn't do a better job with doing something with the Green Goblin. As it were it was pretty mediocre.. nowhere near what I thought it would be.

Augeybana
year old again someone delete this.

Augeybana
year old again someone delete this.

Nova
yeah this movie was good I liked it ....

Augeybana
Well back to a good conversation not a year ago.

This movie was great and Tobey played a great and looked great like a geeky Peter Parker.

tyrone08
spider man is tight butt i read for sure that he is goin to be in 2 with the villians doct oct and lizard i promise this is right

Spideys Sister
Who renembers this thread. B4 my time.

Arahan
wtf? this thread is old. why revive it?

Spideys Sister
Boredom.

Arahan
Hmm okay. But why dont you go out and enjoy the good weather...
at least in germany the sun is shining...for now

spencerspider
wtf wow this must be OLD lol they r talking about Spiderman lol wow how sad. keep it alive! lol jk anyway in georgia it was cloudy.. and i got a basketball game tomorrow lol(im the star player)

Arahan
Yeah and I got clones.

spencerspider
clones?

Spideys Sister
Its raining and cold as hell in NY. Why is it in USM it never snows?

Mr Parker
wow I must say spideys sister you really must be bored to resurrect this old dead thread.This thread was way before even MY time. eek!

spencerspider
way before my time dude. but anyway lets see it rained here today and guess what I HIT THE GAME WINNING SHOT IN OUR BASKETBALL GAME

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Mr Parker
wow I must say spideys sister you really must be bored to resurrect this old dead thread.This thread was way before even MY time. eek! Before me too.Originally posted by spencerspider
way before my time dude. but anyway lets see it rained here today and guess what I HIT THE GAME WINNING SHOT IN OUR BASKETBALL GAME Congrats...

spencerspider
whats with the congrats... it was very exciting

Spideys Sister
My schools team suck and they're winning you don't se me having a seizure about it.

Lord Magnus
I have nothing to add but I feel like typing something.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Lord Magnus
I have nothing to add but I feel like typing something.

Well at least your trying. Should we try to put a twist on this topic?

Spideys Sister
Yeah like.... I donno. I tried.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.