Sirius Black [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robincooper
i have some information that might intrest people here...
i have heard that sirius balck will be played by garry oldman in askaban although i am more of a reader and have always prefered the books i really can't see him playing him i would apreciate any feedback on the subject!

thanks!

ROB smile

hpluva14
i heard it was gary oldman too i also dont see him playn as sirius

frootlooplucy
gary oldman... ok this is unrelated a bit but hes in a movie on tv tinight and i was reading the tv guide and wondering where id heard of gary oldman before... thats obviously it. i think ill watch that movie and see whether he'll be good as sirius...
told you it was unrelated.

Nefertite
This is Gary Oldman:
http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/columbia_pictures/panic_room/gary_oldman/panicpre.jpg

robincooper
i have had a quick look at the rumored charector lists and have found who will be playing the others... REMUS LUPIN will be played byDavid Thewlis whoever that is? and Timothy Spall will play Peter Pettigrew (the guy who played the brummy from aufwiedesn pet if anyone has seen that! I really can't see tese guys playing the roles and it could be the film may be a disapointment! I hope not....

thanks robin

cool

brookealicious6
ewwwies....Sirius is suppose to be HANDSOME! I'm sorry but Gary Oldman is...well nasty (in that picture). I've never heard of him before though...so maybe I'll think differently after I watch the movie.

Nefertite
Well, I don't think that prisoner should be handsome especially when he ran away from the prison and he has no place for live and has nothing to eat. wink

robincooper
does anyone know it's release date??? big grin

VampVicious
mah first impression of Sirius,.. he must be all hot, even tho he's been in prison n all.
I mean, as itz mentioned couple of times, he's been in Azkaban for years, but u can actually see how handsome he was before.. (it was sumthin like dat)
And I got tis from Harry Potter Lexicon .. dat James n lily got married rite after they're off from Hogwarts.. Sirius (which I take as the same age as James') should be around 35 years old.

my point is.. Gary Oldman is sooo not the Sirius dat I have in mind. Havent checked out the guy who's gonna b Lupin, tho. And am soo not interested wid Wormtail mad

Nefertite
I wonder how they chaged Gary Oldman as Sirius. Maby he will look different than in this photo. smile

BellaButterfly
Hopefully!

frootlooplucy
seriously, gary oldman as sirius is a BIG mistake. hes too old for starters. and... just... so totally NOT what sirius looks like. in my mind at least.

Nefertite
You can't decide now! wink When they show movie we'll have things to talk about. smile You can't say that he's wrong guy or unapt when you haven't seen movie, don't you think so?

robincooper
i agree with other films and other sequels you theink the people won't be right for the part yet in most cases they turn out okay i mean they can do wonders with make-up and hairstyles etc. plus good actors do have the ability to change into difrent roles and do research into that charecter before playing it... so you never know!... it might be good!

robin

brookealicious6
mad it says in the book that sirius is suppose to be handsome mad

VampVicious
brookealicious6
cant agree more!

robincooper
iv'e also seen photographs of the knight bus it's like a tripple decker london red bus but...purple of course smokin'

danradclifeluva
kwl

mina.harker
The knight bus sounds wikid, but ive seen loadsa gary oldman movies and hes always the psychotic bad guy. thats just not sirius! but i see why they could have chosen him - if everyone knows him as the bad guy and they dont know the story, they'll believe the rumours that he really did kill people. he's also a really good actor coz hes supposed to be the luvliest guy in real life! though i cant imagine him with long black hair like it says in the book. cant wait neway.

danradclifeluva
ya gary oldman always playd tha physcotic crazy guy in movies but i tink tha 3rd movie will turn out greati also cant imagine gary oldman with long balck hair the 3rd will be wicked also there is a new director its sum name i cant pronounce but ya

robincooper
what else was gary oldmman in other than 5th eliment? can't remembver him in anyhting else? embarrasment

Seraph

mina.harker
he was in leon, one of my fave movies besides dracula and hp, and air force one. theres loadsa others but i cant remember there names

Morph
Gary Oldman......EEEEE!!!(screams like an obsessed schoolgirl.) love

Phoenix
what else has gary oldman been in?

brookealicious6
! I completely forgot about the Knight Bus! That's going to be so cool smile Woohoo! It's gonna be awesome big grinbig grinbig grin Too bad we have to wait almost a year. sad

fabel
SIRIUS IS GOING TO BE KILLED IN THE 5TH BOOK BELIVE ME I READ IT

"I RULE"

edit - spoilered by phoe

aragorniscool45
i know and i did not even finish reading the book yet, i peaked and i figured.

Nefertite
I haven't seen any movie with Gary Oldman or maby I've seen but I didn't know that he was there. Anyway, I hope taht he did a great job in HP3.
I can't wait to see it! Happy Dance

leigh2010
i agree nefertite i went on gary oldmans website and he can look pretty good...as soon as he is in the right costume with the right hair cut im sure he will look as hot as we all imagined

leigh2010
if youv seen the fith element he was the guy with half of his hair...the bad guy init

Nefertite
No, I haven't seen this movie. I'm sure about this. confused

Seraph

Nefertite
Gary Oldman palyed in Dracula? I've seen this movie. Hmm...
Who was Gary Oldman there? roll eyes (sarcastic)

robincooper
i didn't know he was in dracular either? embarrasment

danradclifeluva
he was dracula in dracula

robincooper
why did sirius have to die? come on everyone liked him!

edit ~ spoilered by phoe

Seraph
he was dracula in "bram stokers dracula". feat. anthony hopkins, keanu reeves, monica belluci...

Nefertite
I didn't know it. rolling on floor laughing

robincooper
neither do i!

Nefertite
I knew it before but I was hoping that it's not true sad If you had said that Sirius died than say how did he die sad
I'll get book only after one week sad

robincooper
Do you think he's relly dead... i mean with the curtain an everything?

Crash_Overload
Yes. It was confirmed that a main charcter was going to die. A lot of people thought it was Ron (befor the book came out) then I read it. At first with the Bogart I really did think he was dead. Then Sirius died.

robincooper
no, embarrasment i mean do you think he's really dead because of those voices behind the curtain and luna sayin about her mother an everything...

VampVicious
the director is alfonso cueren.. think dats how u spell it.. wasnt he the guy who directed Life is Beautiful?
think dat wut it is.. T__T

neways... i've seen some of Garry Oldman movies.. been to his sites, too.

btw, i'd be real upset if they get rid of the quidditch part of the book.. at least dats wut I read.. then they'd get rid of the quidditch cup, too?? n no Quidditch cup on the Goblet of Fire.

airangel429
I do think he really is dead..even with the curtain and stuff...b/c Luna said that her mom wasn't completely gone....dead yes...but I am sure there will be a way he will contact Harry in book 6. I am sure he will still give him information and stuff. I am sure his character has NOT died completely off and I am sure he might end up even wacky....just b/c of being dead and wishing he could do some more fighting...so I think he may still be a huge role..though he isn't living. He did fall behind the curtain and there is no coming back. But then again...he did break out of Askaban..didn't he. =)

LilyGinnyBlack
Too true, too true! Sirius was my favorite character and I had cried for FOUR DAYS over his death!!! I still think that I'm in denial, though I know he is dead, it just doesn't click, ya know? When I would start to cry my parents would be like roll eyes (sarcastic). Yet, I know that every Harry Potter fan was affected by his death. So, I had written this poem/tribute/dedication to Sirius, it was quite a while ago when I had wrote it. Here it is, I thought you guys might want to read it!

LilyGinnyBlack
Here it is:

I Must Stand Tall

~*~

I must stand tall,

Though tears course down my cheeks,

I must stand tall,

Though water escapes my tight closed eyelids,

I must stand tall,

Fight like a man,

Though I am a woman,

I must stand tall,

And let not my heart be taken,

I must stand tall,

Not let my emotions fade and cease to make the line between right and

wrong exist,

I must stand tall,

Though the one I love may not be here in person will always sand forever- I'll post the rest!

LilyGinnyBlack
be imprinted in my soul,

I must stand tall,

Though the one I love is gone,

I must stand tall,

Or for then all my love will be gone. . .

~*~

In loving memory of Sirius Black: Harry Potter's Godfather and the innocent ex-con. The man who stole all our hearts and died honoring himself and the boy he gave his life for, Harry Potter. Thing that meant more to him then his life in itself! Every Harry Potter fan will remember Sirius Black and he will forever live in our hearts, though he may be dead, he will live in our souls for as long as we let him.

I had shed many tears over his death and this is my way of showing my honor for him. Even though he is a fictional character he was apart of me and always will be though a part of my heart will now and for always be empty. This is my way of honoring my favorite character: Sirius Black, the loveable stray that took all our hearts, let him live on. . .
~*~

That is it! Please tell me what you think of it! Thanks. . . ^-^ T_T

airangel429
VERY NICE! =)

VampVicious
awwwhh...smile

think I love Sirius as much as u do.
I mean, 99% of my motivation waiting n reading book 3 n 4 is Sirius. have read like 40 times book 3 n 4 as a whole.. n countless times dat I read only Sirius' parts in those books.

Book 5.. well.. rite naw.. I can only stand reading it 3 times so far, cry evrytime I read it.... its one real depressing book. sadsadsad
*sobs*

LilMimister006
Noooo...Sirius....http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/cry.gif Sirius shouldn't have to die!!!!!!! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/crybaby.gif

frootlooplucy
gary oldman was also in 'Lost in Space' (the remake, not the original)

indiana_zoe
I dont think that Gary is excatly the right sirus

airangel429
Yeah I agree...I read it faster to get to where Sirius would come in. He was by far one of the best characters...aside of Dumbledore..... they are very intriguing....Luna is too........ But I like all the characters...

robincooper
theres' been plenty of actors in the past who you never thought would be 'right' in the role there going to play but do a brilliant job, you see the mark of a good actor is to be able to play more than one role and make sure you can play it best you can so, i think we can trust gary oldman to make a good portrayal of sirius.

RoseBloom
I just don't think Sirius is dead...look at the facts!!! And I don't know how anyone is really saying things about Luna's mom..because in the book, all Luna says is that she is dead, but she will see her again eventually... I want to know what's behind the veil, and IF Sirius is dead, then why wouldn't he come back as a ghost? I am so loaded with questions..here they go:

RoseBloom
1) Sirius was hit with a red spell, a.k.a STUPEFY, not a killing green like Adavda Kedavra, so why is everyone saying he is dead?
2) We don't know what's behind the veil, for all we could assume is that its a McDonalds
3) Luna Lovegood heard the voices too, but does that really mean anything? It could just be something dealing with having dead parents, maybe its their voices...right?

airangel429
JKR said that only unhappy people come back as ghosts. Not the ones that were happy...for the most part...Sirius was happy..though he was vengeful towards Wormtail.

charmaine
why did it have to be siruis its not fair

VampVicious
well.. he could come back when he finds out dat harry is in great danger or sumthin.. not as a person.. remember Harry parents when Harry fought Voldemort in book 4?
same thing could happen to sirius.. dun mind I think it's juss a memory of James n Lily.

LilMimister006
That thing with the veil confused me, they should've been able to check if Sirius was behind it or not...Also...i found it very saddening when Harry opened the package finally and read the note that Sirius wrote him...sad

Nefertite
LiliGinnyBlack, this poem is very nice. I love it!

Nefertite
I agree, robincooper smile

ladyblueyes
ok here is ur oppurtunity to express what ways u think Sirius used to NOT die....or.....how u think he excaped DEATH once again.....
i personally think that he disapparated before he hit the curtain making the illusion of him falling behind it........ big grin

airangel429
I have to agree with you smile

unibrow
yeah sure but in an interview or osmn like that jkr said that sirius was definitely DEAD..and dumbledore even said he was dead himself....

ladyblueyes
that may be the case but think of it like this why jkr tell us something that would be happening in thenext book?????

Metroplex
JKR said that she cried when she had to kill off Sirius in an article i read. So i think he is dead.

iluvharrypotter
I hope your right Ladyblueyes!!!! Sirius was one of my favorite characters!!

ladyblueyes
doesn't it make since though?? y would she tell the public what her intentions were?? she still has 2 more books to write!

airangel429
I think it makes COMPLETE SENSE!! Yes she was sad about it...but we have NO PROOF of his death...like a body or anything.....and at the time she may have thought to have killed him off....but she may come up with another plan.....I mean...she really was sad about it..and he must've been a favorite character of hers....?? maybe not though.....

ladyblueyes
still all in all i believe that he isn't dead and that he disapparated from the room!! who is gonna take care of buckbeak??

airangel429
I agree with you...and I DONT WANT HIM TO BE DEAD EITHER....

TomsGirl
when i read that he was dead i slamed the book shut but what i dont understand is how he died? what was it about the curtain that killed him
confused sad embarrasment

ladyblueyes
ok the "veil" did not kill him! he was supposedly hit with a curse by bellatrex! i dont buy that one bit though! ok look at it this way if she was gonna kill him by the avada kedevra curse then she would have written and sirius was hit with a jet of GREEN light.... but she didn't she kindly left us hanging b/c she did not say what color at all hit him!! the only time she mentioned the colore was when that one spell hit sirius and then he replied with come now is that all u got?? then she said that was a red jet of light!! so there are no facts proving his death or anything of the sort. but as for ur question, Sirius did not die from the curtain and it wasn't a curtain it was a veil

unibrow
i dont think aveda kedavara is the only spell that could kill s/o thatd be totally lame. like in hp3 when harry is beating the **** out of sirius and hes about to KILL him but then lupin came....harry didnt even know about avada kedavara yet so how was he supposed to kill him if thats the only killing curse?

and ladyblue eyes shes not telling us her future intentions for the future books....it was her intention for this book! she just didnt want everybody to be convinced that sirius was coming back or that he was alive and then be disappointed when he didnt return..i mean cmon it would be a totall pissoff if u thought he was coming back and then found out he wasnt...its like closure for the harry potter geeks/fans or whatever ya wanna call em! geek

phindingnemo
Hey you Guys.
Did you hate when Sirius died sad He was not supposed to die Harry Was to live with him. well you can come here if you liked Sirius.

Post your reply down below for me,
Thanx, Roxy
(you can call me Roxy that will be my signed name. Not my real name) smile

ladyblueyes
ok u h ave a point but y would she kill off the person that cares the most FOR harry?? and another thing y has everyone forgotten about buckbeak?? he aint dead and someone will have to take care of him!

ladyblueyes
ok with disapperating there is the lil pop that is made. but as u remember people were still fighting while that happend. so u might not have been able to actually hear the "pop"

frootlooplucy
but if he dissaparated, why didnt he come back immediately and join in the fight again??
and sirius isnt the only person in the world capable of caring for buckbeak....
im not saying that i WANT him to be dead, but it seems that way... but i hope harry can find a way to talk to him or learn more about him anyway...

frootlooplucy
on another site i saw a rumour that it wasnt actually sirius at all, it was regulus (his brother who was 'killed' by death eaters)

airangel429
Well I was thinking...he disapperated and ended up somewhere he didn't want to end up....and that by the time he would have came back Lord V would have been gone. Sirius could have dissaperated back to his house.....it makes sense...b/c with all this going on, he would've figured the ministry was coming and he is NOT completely free yet. I am thinking...somewhere on this line..i am not sure if I said exactly what I mean..... but I tried...maybe some of you know where i am going with this.

so his brother......hrm.....that might've happened.....

airangel429
yeah...but not to be mean...BUT THERE ARE TONS of threads about sirius..... but yeah he was my favorite.

phindingnemo
Yah I bet. But it is a really important to have people in your life that cares for you. Like Harry caring for Sirius. bye,
Roxy

TomsGirl
thanks ladyblueyes

TomsGirl
my friend told me that the veil was some sort of evilcurtain that hides the dead. is she right? and is that why harry would have heard the voices?

ladyblueyes
that im not totally sure of...but i think that we will see sirius again in the near future.

nadiddijaa
but in a way harry will still have a godfather with him... remember at the end of the book where dumbledore says that the people we love will always be with us? near the end of the book when harry confronted nearly headless nick about if sirius could become a ghost and live in the castle i thought it would all be ok! but he can't become a ghost... but nearly headless nick also said the reason he was a ghost was because he didnt want to die... that means sirius obviously wanted to die? doest it? or well he didnt really care... poor harry... i will miss sirius... he was one of the best characters and harrys only family that could take care of him apart from the dursleys... i read that jk rowling will only write 7 books... i dont want her to stp writing the harry potter series after number 7, i want to find out what happens to harry, fred + georges joke shop, all the weasleys, hermione, ron and dumbledore + everyone else after they finish school and stuff! its soooo unfair! : no :

ladyblueyes
i so agree with u! i wish she wouldn't stop with #7!! thats so unfair to us!! grr but i guess she has her reasons. and what u said makes total sense too! but hopefully there is still hope for sirius coming back in the next book or at least in the 7th one!! we hope sad

Hermioneangel
Arial chocolate

Okay you guys....listen up here.....Gary can or cannot be the "perfect" guy to play Sirius....but then again who is? You just dont know until you have seen him in the actual movie! And anyhoo- gary isnt all that bad !!! Oh and just so you know....he has been playing the ruff guy for ages in all his movies and he always looked tha part! So chill out and let the good times flow! lol....

**Hermioneangel*

Tonks
Ok people,
Gary Oldman way does not look the Role of Sirius! I mean Viggo would do way better than him I mean. Well I want to know who is playing Cho Chang in the movie so any info. I need to know. Thanx.
-Tonks-

BOPRecruit 16
gary oldman as sirius black, heard that news along time ago. i can't picture him playing black either. i'm thinking more like: hugh jackman, the guy who played faramir in the two towers (lotr), or someone like that. viggo mortensen wouldn't do either, although he is a good actor.

VampVicious
BOPRecruit, why not Viggo? he's dark yet good lookin ?!
I mean, u definitelly need to find sumone who looks like he's been in jail for soo long, ait?!

as for Garry Oldman, well.. we'll find out soon..well not too soon unfortunately.. (A YEAR!!?!?!?!?!?! dang! )

Nefertite
David Wenham played Faramir in TTT.

I don't know, maby Gary Oldman will play good as Sirius. I can't say now because I haven't seen movie yet wink Will see.

StevenStills
Unless I read it wrong, it isn't like Sirius had his heart ripped out or anything. Granted everyone thinks that he is dead and that he can't come back, but this whole mystery of that veil leads me to beleive there's a bit more to it than that.

And if Sirius never comes back, will Harry ever find a way to talk to him like he tried with the mirrior?

thelotrlovr15
he can fix the mirror and why did j.k. make him open when he died? i mean after he died? he is gonna use it somehoe for some reason...

Evy_O
I don't think he'll be back. His death was the only solution. JKR has said it that the books will get even darker. I wish he could come back, but, IMO, he won't sad

frootlooplucy
i dont think he'll come back to life, exactly, but im sure that mirror will be useful for something. and i think harry will be able to contact sirius somehow, through that veil thing maybe, or learn more about him or something.

airangel429
YEAH I AGREE...if he didn't really fall behind the veil and disapperated...well then I am sure he's gone for good..in LIFE...but he'll come back somehow.... even if he is stuck behind the veil and he escapes...most likely he'll be a ghost..... I wonder if the veil is like a place for trapped souls..... I wonder how Luna's mom got there...I am sure we'll find out though............. I wonder if you have to fall behind it...or if there are other ways to end up there.... hrmmmmmmmmmmmmm

envision
steven....if u want 2 know more about this subject i posted a post about this called.."is sirius really dead" a while back so u can look at that if u want 2...itll answer a lot of ure Q's (maybe)

iluvharrypotter
Sirius is really dead. I think she will include him in the books somehow. Maybe something to do with the mirror? Or the curtian? Or maybe a ghost? Hopefully! I really liked Sirius! but if he doesn't come back, I guess we will all have to live!

sanoschicky69
i really wish i could agree and say he'll be back...but i can't. If JK was to brng him back, she wouldn't hve cried when she wrote it.... sad

StevenStills
Excellent, thanks. smile

Isn't it a pity that Harry didn't just use the darn mirror to contact Sirius before this all happened, I mean unstead of going to Umbridge's office, Sirius would still be alive. But still, I don't know how they would have gotten Umbridge out of the school if that hadn't happened. I think that Dumbledore let it happen because he wanted to prove Voldemort was back so that he could get the school back in order.

cedrics_gurl
Omg lets hope so...I loved Sirius was heaps nice and I reckon Harry might lose a bit of hope with out him...

cedrics_gurl
Im guessng (like some other peopl) that Sirius didnt even die at all... like we never heard that he got his legs ripped off and all that grusoume stuf...maybe he just went on holidayz :P lol nahi was heaps sad when he died :'( and i hope he returns quickly big grin

Laviera_j
There will be a huge mystery surrounding thwe veil, and Jk will make a big issue out of it...

Maybe harry will find himself there in his dreams, and see Sirius trapped in a kind of limbo, and the 6th book will be all about him going on a hopeless rescue...

that leaves book 7 for him and voldemort to battle it out to the death.

Wat do you think?

wink happy

sanoschicky69
hmm...actually, that sounds pretty good, lava.....
heheehehe

i miss sirius.... sad

Tonks
Well,
you have to relize this. My brother said that he never died. and that that veil is something like a secret. well I know of a way that Harry can See him again! well the Room Of Requirment! The Mirror of Erised. ( in the room of Requierment!) and that he may be able to see hom again but i dont belive that he is dead J.K. Rowling will do some thing Bad ass. cya

-Tonks-

Laviera_j
But that's only a reflection - it was what harry wanted in erised - no one said it was actually his parents, it was only his deepest yearning - what his mind wanted.

Sirius will use his mirror to contact Harry, or maybe harry is linked to the veil in his dreams like he was the the DOM (dept of Myst)

le_sainte
yeah u have a good point there! coz if he came back, she woudnt have been so upset over it! i really wish he'd come back, maybe he isnt dead, only trapped in that curtain thing and cant come out ... or maybe hes in a place, stuck between life and death. I cried when i found out sirius died! i kno it's jus a book, but he was my favorite character, ever since the first mentioning of him! the 3rd book was my fav, coz it was basically based all on him. sad sad

iluvharrypotter
I know! I cried too, It's just a book, but I feel like I'm inside it or something or all of things are happening to me also. You feel like you can connect with the characters. It's funny how that happens with good books!

le_sainte
no i cant imagine anybody playing sirius besides johnny depp .... the dude who's gonna b sirius wasn't ANYTHING i pictured sirius to look like
THIS is wut i pictured sirius to look like:

iluvharrypotter
June 4th is the release date

deafmonkey
I think they should put Jason Isaacs as sirius, he would be perfect for the role....if you dont know who im talkin about, hes the guy in "The patriot" that played Col. William Tavington. I just think he would be better than that other guy they have

deafmonkey
the only reason they couldnt use him though, was because they were stupid and put him as Lucious Malfoy....which they shouldnt have done..because he looks more like sirius i think

Devilfish

le_sainte
no they need someone a bit younger then gary! he looks too old!

SlayerChick1188
Gary Oldman's a great actor...i think he might be able to pull Sirius off...

yeah he looks a little too old to play Sirius, but hey, that's qhat makeups for right?

here's a better pic:

SlayerChick1188
smile he looks a little younger in this one though...

SlayerChick1188
found an offical pic! He looks nothing like what i picture Sirius! but depending on how he plays the character, it might work...

it at my other thread! enjoy you guys! Great stuff here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t9306.html

krassin
OK,I DONT THINK HES DEAD

ok,this is my opionion...
thee veil was like a gate to the world of the dead,thats why harry saw thos shadows.BUT,since **** wasnt dead when he passed into the dead world,maybe theres still some chance for him to go back.also,i had dis idea,maybe in one of the next books,harry takes a spacial potion that kills him,and he goes into the dead world,helps sirus,and then harry takes another potion witch revives him.AlSO,are there wizzard gravyards at all,if so, why doesnt harry ever visit his parants' graves?

krassin
and can someone please tell me about luna's mom? wut the whole deal wit her,cant remember anythin bout her

uber123
she died because she accidently back-fired her own spell

krassin
oh yeah,heheh,

mg16
v V \/

mg16
lolz, sry just testin

Phoenix
i think jk originally intended for sirius to be dead when she wrote it because, as previously mentioned, she cried after writing his death. HOWEVER, that does not mean he will STAY dead, she may change her mind and tailor the story to a different line. She never says in the NARRATIVE that Sirius is dead, LUPIN says it.

krassin
well,we wont know for sure till the other books come out

Phoenix
As there are a million and one threads about him...

Luna150
Lets carry on aour convo's from. Is sirius really dead HERE! Rosebloom i know every1 is intitles to there own opinion. I think you should read thread "voldermort hasd a brother". Voldermort clearly says that all his ideas are FACTS! Which i find obnoxious and annoying. Oh and lay of link jees i think he is the most grown up out of all three of us. You must learn to respect your elders and when not snap at people when there just trying to help or prevent an argument.

Linkalicious
Luna i appreciate the compliment, and rose i'm not here to argue with you. Let me be the first to apologize for my "grow up little girl" comment before you get to react. You just managed to get under my skin with your "grow up" comment. Well back to the subject at hand.

How common is the name Sirius in the U.K.? I've heard the name Syrus in the US like 1,000 times, but I've never once heard of an American with the name Sirius. I guess it was just something i was wondering...since i read the whole series of Potter books pronouncing it as sy-rus.

Kristina
I doubt there's any real person with the name Sirius... Sirius is the name for the dog star... but good question, how is that name pronounced?! Is it Si-rius or Se-rius?!

Phoenix
si-ri-us ((which is why it has spouted a zillion 'serious' jokes)

mistyblue772
no one is called sirius in the u.k it is just a name that came out of j.k rowling's head!

tomisfit
^ i think mistyblue882 is right! rolling on floor laughing eek! rolling on floor laughing eek!

Luna150
I think she chosse it because the dogstar is called sirius. Im from uk and i have never met any1 called sirius

Phoenix
I def think it is because of the dogstar

Kitoky
It's extremely obvious isn't it? Sirius is a dog anamagi and his name is based on a dog star! So ya, I agree.
Oh and Sirius is pronounced - 'si-ri-us', si as in seer.

I've been thinking guys, to me when Sirius explained in book 3 how he escaped didn't seem all that true, he himself said that he wasn't sure himself how he did, so these are my theories...
-That the Dementors had let him go under a deal, though I doubt that he'd be staying in Azkaban for 13 years and THEN make a deal.

-Maybe one of Voldemort's group convinced the Dementors into something and so they let Sirius go with a an imperious curse on him to kill Harry, but he was able to shake it off and went after Peter Pettigrew instead...
Barty Crouch Jr. was able to shake his imperious curse off did he not? Is it a possiblilty?

Any debations?

Luna150
nah sirius explanation made perfect sense

Linkalicious
i agree, Sirius's escape made perfect sense to me. There are other HP mysteries that boggle my mind much more than Sirius's explanation of his escape

Candy
Sirius is a star. in the sky i mean laughing im not from uk and i dont know any dog star laughing out loud maybe...because hes a dog... could be.

PadfootsPyrefly
Yea, like already said, Sirius was named after the dog star Sirius. And alreay said, probably because he turns into a dog. And his escae makes sence to me too. He even says pretty much how he does it. And I dont wanna believe he's dead ._.

Pipage558
sirus is my favorite hp character! it jst sux that he had to die sad! why not umbridge! she was mean and she needed to die! kill the villian!!! who agrees with me?

PadfootsPyrefly
Oh, I agree! Couldn't have sais it better myself ^^ And, as my name's subtitle sas, I love Sirius!!

Pipage558
YAY!

Kitoky
YESSSS DIE UMBRIDGE DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU UGLY DAMN EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Candy
GO TO DEATH UMBRIDGE!!! laughing

Pipage558
i have a lot of people on my side! i'll go get my mask and hat so i can look scary! zorro

PadfootsPyrefly
lol *grabs tourch and waves it around* DIE UMBRIDGE!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAAAAA! ^^

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>