A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's revenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
What did you guys think of this sequel? I didn't really like it, it started off good but then it just turned to rubbish, sure its a pure horror movie but it just didn't seem to make me like it.

Gabri_Krueger
it was crap

SlipknoT
It was ok, better then most that came after

slayer
It was good. Not the best though.

HockeyHorror
i really liked it. numbers 1-3 were the only good ones in the entire series...

everything else after 3 or even 2 was literally crap.

Freddy_vs_Jason
NOES 4 the dream master wasn't bad, the deaths were horrible but I liked the plot line.

LeAtHerRFace
Hmm... it was alright...

Gabri_Krueger
hey! 3 was a GREAT movie...unlike 4.

Gabri_Krueger

Gabri_Krueger
it didnt say that last part. big grin

Freddy_vs_Jason
What was wrong with 4?

Gabri_Krueger
TUESDAY KNIGHT IS WHATS RONG WITH IT!

Freddy_vs_Jason
Don't base a movie on one actor, that's pathetic.

Gabri_Krueger
well it was ok... like i like it better than two so... i just think... umm it could have been better not just with the acctress but with like a lot of things...

Freddy_vs_Jason
I agree.

SlipknoT
It was funny when he deflated the nerdy girl

Freddy_vs_Jason
LOL, yeah, that death was pretty stupid, when she deflated you could so tell that it was rubber, and the coackroach death was stupid aswell.

Evil Dead
Freddy's Revenge wasn't a masterpiece by any standards........it lacked a bit in plot and the Lisa character just gets on my nerves. Her voice is like scratching nails on a chalk board.

That said.......

I consider it to be the second best movie in the series. It stayed true to the original. It was a 100% all out, straight up horror flick. It was the last 100% horror movie in the series...........untill New Nightmare came out. Atleast they didn't try to trick the audience. They promoted a horror flick and that's what the audience got. It wasn't like parts 3-6 where they advertised a horror flick to the audience, only for the audience to find out that the movie they were watching was a farse of a comedy.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Dream warriors should have been Freddys dead but Freddy should have died a more climactive way.

TheDreamMaster
after hearing all your thoughts and ideas and theories of the N.O.E.S series, considering myself a huge freddy fan. i agreee that well freddys revenge stayed true to plot and was a horror movie, i think it was just cheesy and to drawn out. though there was one thing that always gets left out that i liked and that was the suspencful boiler room dreams wheer they are getting chased and they think his right behind him because they hear scratching .... but he is actually like three floors away like when freddy chased tina and nancy in nightmare 1. but with all that said , 1 of course has to be my favourite because you cant beat the original , but i liked the dream warriors as a 2nd best, it put a little more depth into kruegers life with the apppearance of his mother. and number 4 wasnt that bad , thoughi agree Patricia should have played the older kristen parker. but tuesday knight didnt do so bad, she had a decent little song in the beginning of the movie. but after four the rest of the series went to junk. until new nightmare which played of as more of a horror movie. did anyone ever see the music videos freddy krueger was involved in, there were three , Dream Warriors, Are you ready for freddy and one more i cant get off teh toip of my head but does anyone agree that dream warriors was teh best song and video???

Freddy_vs_Jason
Yeah, it would have been better if Freddy took Jessie into the boiler room in his nightmares, but I liked the bus nightmare scene at the start.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.