Count Dooku VS Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lau_timmy
Who do you think would win if they had a lightsaber dual?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COUNT DOOKU (to Mace Windu)
Brave, but stupid, my old Jedi friend. You're impossibly outnumbered.

MACE WINDU
I don't think so. The Geonosians aren't warriors. One Jedi has to be worth a hundred Geonosians.

COUNT DOOKU
It wasn't the Geonosians I was thinking about. How well do you think one Jedi will hold up against a thousand battle droids?

http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/images/cut_scenes/ep2/dooku_vs_yoda_top.jpg

Ushgarak
Depends on circumstance, like all duels, but Dooku probably has the edge in sheer skill.

Rogue Jedi
shouldnt this be moved to the EU section? when a similar thread was started last year it was moved because it was not related to the movies. and dooku would slap maul around like a rag doll.

lau_timmy
I think dooku would beat maul, because he is a much older and experiened jedi. Think about it. He learned the dark force lightning. Only a powerful sith lord could use it. He could fry him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COUNT DOOKU (continuing)
That's brave of you, boy - but foolish.I would have thought you'd have
learned your lesson.

ANAKIN
I'm a slow learner.

http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/images/cut_scenes/ep2/dooku_vs_anakin_01.jpg

yerssot
so? older makes you less maneuvrable no?

and Maul was just a brilliant gymnast and damn leathal with his lightsabre, he did not NEED to know lightning!

lau_timmy
Well, since Count Dooku defeated Obi-Wan Kenobi, what chances does Darth Maul have. Beside Obi-Wan was the one who killed Maul anyway.
If Darth Maul can't beat Obi-Wan than I don't think he could handle Dooku.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COUNT DOOKU
You have unusual powers, young Padawan. But not enough to save you this time.

ANAKIN
Don't bet on it!

Ushgarak
Obi-Wan didn't defeat Maul in a swordfight though, did he? He LOST the swordfight- Maul just got cocky afterwards.

But Dooku is still the more skilled fighter- he also would not make a mistake like that... one hopes...

lau_timmy
He underestimated the power of the young padawan. This shows how good Obi Wan is, and how cocky Maul was. When Obi-Wan used the force and such to jump out and bisect him, he was clearly off guard.

I totally agree that he wasn't as strong in the force as Dooku, and that he was simply more accomplished as a sword fighter.

By the way, you are right about Dooku being the more skilled fighter. I can see that Dooku was more confident in the lightsaber battle with Obi-Wan

COUNT DOOKU (continuing)
I have spent the last ten years learningto use the power of the Dark Side. It gives me infinitely greater power.

OBI-WAN
You will have to prove it.

yerssot
djee, LT... watch it again, OB1 in EPI is good, but when it comes to a lightsabre battle he obviously LOST. Compare OB1 and Maul and every one will agree that Maul is better.

Rogue Jedi
but obi wan, upon bisecting mauls saber, was on the verge of beating him. he had maul backed into the laser gate when maul force pushed him away. if the battle had continued, i think obi wan would have won.

Ushgarak
Err, the battle did continue, and Obi-Wan lost. One moment where he had the upper hand does not victory make.

mephistodesigns
well in that case, maul failed because his one moment of upper handedness wasn't enough to win because its his body thats now rotting in two separate pieces, not Obi-wan's. It ain't over till somebody hits the floor for good. Dooku held his own against Yoda. YODA! If he can last that long against him, he'd swat Maul like a b***h. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a good brawl, but let's be real.

Rogue Jedi
the battle did continue, but not saber to saber. once maul had only one blade, obi was all up in his face. sure, maul managed to launch as many attacks as obi, bit the fact remains that had maul not used the force push, he would have been forced into the laser gate. moments before he force pushed obi away, all he is doing is blocking and backing away, into the laser gate. obi had the upper hand at the time, and i am sure he would have kept it, as he was more accustomed to fighting with one blade, whereas maul, while capable of fighting with only one, was much more comfortable with two.

VengeanceGOD
Maul would kick his ass, on these grounds:

Ray Park is one of the most accomplished martial artists in the world. Christopher Lee is 80 years old. End.

Rogue Jedi
i am 33....my dad is 60...he would wipe the floor with me.

VengeanceGOD
There is a large difference between 60 and 80. smile

Rogue Jedi
well, lee is 80. that doesnt mean dooku is. he looks like he is about 65 in attack of the clones.

yerssot
age is always a tricky thing in movies

lau_timmy
Well Yoda is like over 800 years old. He can still flip around and use a lightsaber just how Dooku did when they were battling. Age does't really matter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Count Dooku: Join me, and together we can destroy the Sith.
Obi-Wan: I will never join you.

Rogue Jedi
good point, timmy. he was also a midget "size matters not."

VengeanceGOD
Yoda's a different species, doesn't count.

And I would argue that a character's battle prowess is intrinsicly linked to the person playing them.

Rogue Jedi
uh, i was kidding about yoda, relax.

Ushgarak
I have no idea what makes you think Maul was less good with one- looked damn fine to me.

The fact is, Obi-Wan DID get pushes and that was because he let himself get lured into being off-balance. In fact, Maul was doing just fine mere seconds after having the sabre bisected. Obi-Wan was too angry and lost focus.

Rogue Jedi
so you are saying that maul, backing and backing towards the laser barrier, was in fact luring obi wan there so he could force push him off the platform? hmmm....never thought of it like that. its possible, but i still watch the duel and see obi wan with the upper hand. and i agree, maul was fine with one blade, but not nearly as effective. sure, after having his saber bisected, maul sprang up and went toe to toe with obi wan, but obi wan was able to launch much more of an offensive flurry then. remember right before obi wan cut mauls saber in half? obi wan was launching strike after strike. maul was backing away, blocking easily, almost relaxed in his stance. i got the impression that maul was pretty much like "gimmee your best shot, jedi. i can counter anything you throw at me." then BOOM!!! bisected saber. watch the scene again and tell me if you see this.

Ahnold
Dooku would win cos he's cooler....

Sith Master X
Without a doubt Dooku would defeat Maul. Yes, Maul was lethal with his saber, but compared to Dooku's style, Count would prevail. Look at the skill that comes out of Dooku when he duels with Yoda. Count's saber skills definetely exceed that of Maul's. Maul uses more of a martial arts style while Dooku uses the force. Plus, Dooku appears to be more experienced and just because he's old doesn't have anything to do with it. It's the will of the force and the force is much stronger with Dooku than with Maul.

Rogue Jedi
exactly.

lau_timmy
Yes, I don't even think that Darth Maul can defeat Yoda.
Dooku is probably one of the most powerful jedi.
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0121765/th-EP2_IA_69836_R.jpg

Ushgarak
It is a bit fuzzy saying it is the 'will of the Force'. Dooku is HIGHLY skilled, that is the thing, and yes, the Force helps there, but it is important to focus on the skill and style he has developed.

Rogue Jedi
and the fact that he was a master jedi before he fell to the dark side.

The Ones
Dooku would Slice him just the way obi wan did

sauron
now how about

dooku vs maul vs vader

The Ones
3 way how about tag team, maul and Vaider, Vs Dooku and palpatine

Rogue Jedi
dooku and palpy would waste them.

Sith Master X
Yes, that is also true as well.

SMX
cool

deathbysterio
rock count dooku duh!! darth maul is not half as powerful!!! it would b an awesum fight BUT count dooku would kick sum ass!!
rock

Jedi Priestess
ok now I dont get this.........just where was Dooku's style? Seems to me all he did was hack and slash?

Sith Master X
Dunno, the way he whirled his saber before his showdown with Yoda, and he pulled off some good moves against Yoda and Anakin as well. The Obi-Wan fight was dull I admit, but I thought Dooku was good for some reason.

SMX
cool

Beyond_Batman
Wait you forgot one thing! It took two jedi too kill maul even one died! If Qui Gon wouldnt tire out Maul and make him loose one lightsaber then Obiwan would be dead meat! But still! Look Count DOoku and Yoda were like the same level when they were fighting in Episdoe two! Sooo Qui Gon jin and obiwon were just jedi knights and Obi Wan was just a padawan! SO one jedi master and a padawan could defeat maul but if count dooku is like Yoda he should be the top of the jedi council so theres no telling of what Yoda could do to Maul! He would kill him for sure! But dookus on the same level so he will do the same.

Jedi Priestess
could be, but I still say Dooku is a hack

Sith Master X
The sig says it all Mamma. stick out tongue

SMX
cool

TheRealistKilla
maul; will slaughter dooku.

dont get me wrong dooku is a bad mofo.

but maul has the advantage with martial arts.

vvvrulz
We would all prefer to see maul destroy dooku, but in reality, dooku would probably win. Obi-wan couldnt take dooku, yet he took maul several years back.

sugarhiguy555
The only reason Obi-1 defeated Maul is because he was having 1 of those Luke Skywalker tantrums because his Master died. Plus, when Obi-1 did do the force jump, Maul totally was offguard. If he wasnt right when Obi-1 landed, he would have been sliced into 500 pieces.
Anywhoo, I think the battle would tie cuz Dooku isnt as quick and agile as Maul, but Maul isnt as powerful. Still, it would be a kick ass battle!
BUT DARTH WOULD KILL BOTH OF THEM!

Happy Dance "Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!"

Darth Nizzle
This Is dumb. Why are alot of u saying that maul would win firstlyif Maul startes using his martial arts tequnique Dooku would just push his down or blast him with lightning. secondly Dooku would kick his A** in a sword fight Dooku has been practicing his lightsaber tequnique for 65 years or more(if he is eighty years old!!).Same with the force would push him all over the place.And think, did Maul start a war no Dooku did, all Maul did was battle the jedi. Who led the Confederecy DOOKU!.In Maul's battle with Obi-Wan, And Qui-Gon it was a back and forth battle, Qui-Gon would have lived though, if Obi-Wan never fell down.And think Maul battled two people died,Dooku fights three people Anakin,Obi-Wan,Yoda.Dooku doesnt even break a sweat,or u hear him breeth heavy,And him and Yoda were basically tied for the Force(im sure yoda would have won in that)And in the duel they were almost tied.And did Dooku die nope he escaped. Dooku would have killed Obi if not Anakin interfierd, and for wounds,Dooku slashed Obi-wan on his leg and arm,and chopped off his arm,What did maul do stab Qui Gon.But it is the trutth the reason Obi Wan won against Maul is he used his anger.It is the same with Luke in episode 6 against Vader, if luke would not have used his anger Vader would have won. So in The end Dooku would go Angient on Maul.

Krissy Von Doom
Maul was trained by Sidious. Dooku was trained by Yoda. Comes down to who had the better teacher?

darthfisto09
maul also had to fight a jedi and his padawan at the same time, dooku didnt have to do this, he took them one one at a time. And maul beat qui-gon, who was close to being on the jedi counsel, and the only reason he lost to obi wan is that he was cocky. I think maul would beat dooku

yerssot
nope

your own ability and potential and the facilities etc are important too

DARTH RYAN
evil face WHO DO YOU THINK WILL WIN IN A 4 WAY LIGHTSABER FIGHT BETWEEN DARTH VADER, DARTH SIDEUS, LORD TYRANUS (COUNT DOOKOO) AND DARTH MAUL?

DARTH RYAN
IS HALO 2 ONLY FOR X-BOX OR IS IT X-BOX AND P.C?

WarSpawn
SPAM...

and you spelled Dooku way wrong.

and if you want to know the answer to that make a different thread.

i think Maul would kick Dooku's ass. Dont get me wrong, Dooku is powerful as hell and a master of Form II of lightsaber combat, but Maul is just deadly as can be. In a Force battle Dooku would probably win, but with lightsaber's Maul would win due to the fact that he trained his entire life to master the double bladed lightsaber.

Sith Master X
Here's how I'd look at it:

If Obi-Wan Kenobi beat Darth Maul, but Count Dooku beat Obi-Wan Kenobi, then probably Dooku would have beaten Maul.

Darth_Nefarus
Dooku's style is designed to destroy other lightsabre combatants, but Maul's staff would throw him off guard. Maul's training was rougher, and he was younger. Dooku, although older, was a master of the sabre and he was able to stale mate Yoda. I'm not sure how Maul would handle Yoda, lots of flipping I'm sure. Both of them did dispense with a jedi master and an apprentice, only difference is Maul fought both of them at the same time, and that's why I think he would win in the end.
And you can't say Obi-Wan beat Maul, Maul only lost because Sidious told him he was invincible.

Darth_Nefarus
Darth Ryan, I would have to say Vader. I mean, he's the chosen one, and none of the other sith you mentioned went through as much sh*t as he did.

Mace Skywalker
Wrong. Obi-wan did not lose the sword fight. He actually won it. Or saber duel should I say. In a jedi sabder duel your not allowed to use your force powers. Maul used a foce push on Obi-wan after obiwan cut mauls double saber in half. Maul cheated, and afterwards, he still got dealt with for being cocky.

logungrey
hi well for one obi won beat maul plus douku beat obi won PLUS anakin at the same time then managed to hold of YODA so i think maul is gunna get his ass handed to him on a platter with conderments

Darth_Nefarus
I have to agree. Dooku has had much more training in the force, and is a more powerful Sith Lord. IMHO
As previously mentioned, Maul took on Obi-Wan and Qui-Gonn and still kicked ass. However, Dooku faced a more powerful Obi-Wan and the chosen one, and still won.
Dooku owns Maul.

K3VIL
Dooku would win, not easy but he would win.He's a fallen Jedi Master.
Maul is an apprentice, skilled, strong, powerful, but an apprentice.
Count Dooku will have problems against a double light saber, but with his lightnings and force push on a higher level he would handle Maul.
Maul wasn't able to shoot lightnings, he uses force push and telekinesis.
This are the proofs he's still learning from his master, but yes, he's still powerful.He defeat Qui-Gonn after all, that was a master.
Obi Wan's victory is forced.He's a key character, they let him win the battle, cause they can simply let Maul force pushing him when Obi Wan was near to fall in the tunnel.Yes he destroy the double light saber, but onestly he was fighting with more rage that with more skill.Looks at his eyes, at his moves, Maul also provoke him to attack, and then get the edge blasting him with the force push.When Obi Wan was enraged for his master's death, he wasn't able to avoid Maul's force push attack.

jedimaster2000
Hmm....This would be an awesome fight, but I'm pretty sure Dooku would wind up being on top.

Revan Darkstar
you all seem to underestimate Maul, if you read Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, you see that Maul did know how to use the force, he was choking people all over the place. He also defeated a padawan in Obi-Wan's class, and Obi said in the book that the padawan the Maul defeated was at the top of the class and that he was at the bottom, so really Maul should have beaten Obi-Wan. Also the padawan he defeated was doing her knight trials so she was pratically a Jedi Knight. Maul also defeated a Jedi Master in the book, and the master he defeated is described as one of the greatest duellers in the entire jedi order. Sure Dooku did defeat Obi-Wan and Anakin, but he did it one at a time, and he did hold off Yoda for a time. But I think that Maul could have held him off to, he would have lost yes, but so would have Dooku, thats why he knocked over the pole thing and ran. It would be a great battle, but if it were just lightsaber combat, I would say Maul. Oh and about the force lightning, I think Maul would have seen that before, may not know how to use it, but he did train with Sidious for around 20 years. So he would block it like Obi-Wan did, use his saber blade. And yes, Dooku did have the edge in training he had been training for 80+ years, but Maul was in his prime and had been training for 20+ years, and all of that was sith training, so combat. Dooku had just been in sith (combat) training for 10 years. Also if you read Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, it describes Maul's training a bit, he faced off against 4 droids at once, each droid had all the knowledge of the galaxys 100 best duellers, and Maul wasted all 4 at once and didn't even brake a sweat. I think Maul would win the duel, though it would be close.

Darth_Janus
You know, this book about Maul seems to have fans up in arms about his badassedness.

But he's still dead.

And I don't care how badass a book says he is, this thread isn't EU, and thus, the book is not admissible as proof. Now, that being said, Maul would die horribly. Dooku was an excellent fencer and quite able to keep his own regardless of conditions in battle. He was also calm, collected, and wiser. Even without resorting to Force powers, he would be able to win a duel with the Zabrak. Keep in mind that Dooku held his own against master Yoda, and has defeated Mace Windu in saber combat in the past. Of all the Jedi he was the most martial minded in hsi training, and thus became a duelling master. Maul was a hotheaded magrick ningra style fighter with limited experience and a perchant for bisection.

If you were to take this battle to EU, I'd still vote Dooku, for many of the reasons above.

Revan Darkstar
good point Darth Janus, I forget about Dooku defeating Windu. I think I will turn neutral for the moment

Darth_Janus
You could, if you have both movies (Which I don't... they still want twenty bucks for TPM, those bastards...) just compare both fight scenes... mebbe make a decision from that.

Thanos the Lord
Count Dooku is a ranked as near Master but Maul is ranked near Apprentice. Dooku lasted two movies. He wins

Ogami Itto
I dunno maybe, but take into consideration Maul would have been 10 years older and 10 yrs more powerfu! and he was a hardcore straight from birth sith!l

((The_Anomaly))
ummm, Dooku would completely destroy maul, all those who say that mauls duel-ended saber are an advantage are completely wrong. with Dookus mastery (and hes one of the only ones to master it in the PT era) of the second form of lightsaber combat, that relies on persison strikes and fluid motion, maul would not have his saber staff for very long, in prolly less then 10 swings it would be cut in two a la obi-wan style. not to mention dooku is considered to be one of the most powerful force users, previously, in the order and in becoming a sith it has multiplied his force abilities even more so. as well he defeated (as was said before) Master Windu in saber combat (who i might add uses form 7 of lightsaber combat, the same as maul uses) AND he held his own against Yoda, maul would last prolly 30 seconds against Yoda in a saber duel. in general id give maul a min or 2 against Dooku at best in a duel...and thats pushing it. i could go on but i dont think its necessary.

Ogami Itto
EU Based points! roll eyes (sarcastic)

zuppy
Maul would squash dooku! Maul is brilliant with his lightsaber. Remember Anakin squashed Dooku easy

xyz jedi
Darth Tyranus is stronger than Darth Maul he would win

xyz jedi
Dooku (Tyranus) is sith level 4
Maul is sith level 3

OB1-KeNinja
Dooku would definitely win. Maul may have been talented but he still could have become much more powerful. Dooku is calmer, more experienced, has more training, and IMO is a better swordsman. Maul will give Dooku a run for his money but in the end Dooku will be the one standing.

matreid
Dooku.

Thornbane
Dooku has everything going for him except for his name! "Count Dooku" (*Shivers*)

PloKoon Forever
Its just like real life right? the old guy is faster. i was racing with my grandpa and damn, old people can run, im too young to keep up with him... lol..... dooku is like a mix of vader and maul average with a light saber... average with the force... while maul is all blade and no force .... did anyone see yoda block that lighning in atoc? or mace block sidioses'... the answer is clear ppl... maul would destroy dooku like a toilet after u ate mexican...

Darth hi
hey u f*ckin retard u stole dis from me (**** u dickhead)

PloKoon Forever
WTF?

Reborn
whahahahah count dooku vs darth maul you really think that dooku would win...

I don't think so...darth maul died cause his didn't pay attention, obi wan was lucky that the lightsaber of qui-gon was still there, maul didn't thought of that.........count dooku with force lightning or without....maul would strike him down cause he is faster and is an incredilble fighter

don't underastimate his power with the force maby maul didn't got the chance to reveal his full power ! ! !

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by Reborn
whahahahah count dooku vs darth maul you really think that dooku would win...

I don't think so...darth maul died cause his didn't pay attention, obi wan was lucky that the lightsaber of qui-gon was still there, maul didn't thought of that.........count dooku with force lightning or without....maul would strike him down cause he is faster and is an incredilble fighter

don't underastimate his power with the force maby maul didn't got the chance to reveal his full power ! ! !

OR mabye your overestimating his power? Dooku was a Jedi Master, he defeated Obi twice, Maul never got to even knock him out, Anakin with amputation, and was locked in a stalemate with Yoda.

Dooku is more experienced than Maul, and is calmer, Maul didn't really think about the fight before hand, he was just thinking 'Oh, I'll kill the Jedi somehow'. And Maul was sent to his doom on Naboo to make way for Count Dooku.

Council#13
Well Darth Maul will definately lose so badly because Count Dooku was one of the best swordsmen ever. Darth Maul might stand a chance, that is if Dooku gets a hearthattack. Dooku's lightning wont do anything because Maul can deflect with lightsaber.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Err, the battle did continue, and Obi-Wan lost. One moment where he had the upper hand does not victory make.

It kinda does considering Maul died.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
ok now I dont get this.........just where was Dooku's style? Seems to me all he did was hack and slash?

Derived from various styles of Spanish swordfighting, or so I heard... *shrug*

I'd put my money on Dooku.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Captain REX
Derived from various styles of Spanish swordfighting, or so I heard... *shrug*

I'd put my money on Dooku.

just where was Dooku's style? Seems to me all he did was hack and slash?

Yeah, i agree. Not alot of people hack and slash while sword fighting.

Captain REX
...nice tags. no expression

Swordfighting isn't all hack-and-slash; he could just jab a lot instead. stick out tongue

LordSorgo
...nice tags. no expression

Swordfighting isn't all hack-and-slash; he could just jab a lot instead. stick out tongue

Yeah, true enough. But think about it, most of the time people don't use stabs in their sword fighting. It does consist of alot of hacking and slashing.

Captain REX
It's fun, what can I say...

LordSorgo
It's fun, what can I say...

You can say what you want.

Damn, i love that song!

Darth_Janus
This whole thread is ridiculous. Since my last post, ROTS proved that Dooku can dominate Obi-Wan as a master. The guy is 80 some years old, with between 10 to 13 years of Sith training, and a lifetime before that of being a jedi master. His skill with an archaic lightsaber fighting style beats Maul's "I'm a bloody flippin' devil-ninja" style any day and twice on Fridays. I mean, come on... Padawan Obi-Wan in a rage pretty much lead that fight until the Force push, I don't care what anyone says. Not saying that he was better, but if Maul has that much trouble with padawan Obi a real Jedi like Dooku (One renowned in the Order for his attunement with the Force and fighting ability) would simply own his ass. Especially if Sidious was like "Dooku, you're my new apprentice. Kill this fool."

Ushgarak
Yup, I think this has gone as far as it can. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.