What the HELL is wrong with Easter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

((The_Anomaly))
ok, think about this...this holiday was built around a giant rabbit, who for some unknown reason distributes chocolate eggs (rabbits dont even lay eggs let alone chocolate eggs...WTF) and hides them on slumbering children to celebrate when Jesus rose from the dead...now im no expert but i would assume that whoever came up with that was somking something really really crazy.....I mean WTF, think about it!!!!!!!!

Just thought i would share that with all u guys....

Royal_Knight
The person must have been smokinglaughing out loud

LeAtHerRFace
Atleast school is off.
And what IS wrong with u? Easter rocks, money, chocolate, etc.

Crash Overload
The Anomaly indeed...

He firgured it out... kill him...

Crash Overload
I personally Chocolate just like that... like the little eggs... URGH... but I do enjoy the catbery cream eggs, and chocolate bars... And Toblerone...

SlipknoT
Easter's up there with Halloween and Christmas for favorite holiday

LeAtHerRFace
yes ... See kids this is how u act when your on too much POT. big grin

Royal_Knight
So you are saying i smoke pot huh...laughing out loud

Clovie
here easter is a religiuos haoliday
and there are no presents
no money
no anything

and we don't have even a week off.... sad

JediHDM
You wanna know what is wrong with Easter?

The origins of Easter are Pagan. "Eastre" was a Saxon goddess of Spring. "Ostra", another mythological goddess, symbolized fertility. Eggs and rabbits were seen as signs of fertility, thus the Easter bunny was created. The Lily symbolizes virtue, beauty and purity, and is derived from Lilith, the Babylonian goddess of creation.

What is wrong with Easter is that Christians feed these lies to their children, thinking it is 'fun' and 'harmless', even though they are celebrating a 'Christian' holiday. However, this holiday celebrates an event, but we as Christians should instead celebrate the process, which is Christ in all his rich abundance. "I am the resurrection and the life" he said, not just 2000 years ago but right now. Celebrate that, not a pagan bunny giving out chocolate.

Clovie
true.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by JediHDM
Celebrate that, not a pagan bunny giving out chocolate. That's a good line. Think I'll use it. smile

Storm
Originally posted by JediHDM
You wanna know what is wrong with Easter?

The origins of Easter are Pagan. "Eastre" was a Saxon goddess of Spring. "Ostra", another mythological goddess, symbolized fertility. Eggs and rabbits were seen as signs of fertility, thus the Easter bunny was created. The Lily symbolizes virtue, beauty and purity, and is derived from Lilith, the Babylonian goddess of creation.

What is wrong with Easter is that Christians feed these lies to their children, thinking it is 'fun' and 'harmless', even though they are celebrating a 'Christian' holiday. However, this holiday celebrates an event, but we as Christians should instead celebrate the process, which is Christ in all his rich abundance. "I am the resurrection and the life" he said, not just 2000 years ago but right now. Celebrate that, not a pagan bunny giving out chocolate.

Eastre' s sacred animal was a hare. A festival was held in her honor every year at the vernal equinox. The eggs were indeed associated with this and other Vernal festivals have been symbols of rebirth and fertility. The egg and the hare together represent the god and the goddess, respectively.
In Germany, where children await the arrival of Oschter Haws, a rabbit who will lay colored eggs in nests to the delight of children who discover them Easter morning. It was this German tradition that popularized the 'Easter bunny' in America, when introduced into the American cultural fabric by German settlers in Pennsylvania.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Neo_Version 7
Storm, you're so smart. smart

JacopeX
June 6, 2006

6/6/6

BE WARNED!!!

hotsauce6548
Easter is wrong because there's no more easter bunny! devil

(Yes, another excuse to use this...)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/hotsauce6548/Santa-vs.jpg

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Easter is wrong because there's no more easter bunny! devil

(Yes, another excuse to use this...)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/hotsauce6548/Santa-vs.jpg Awwwww.... Santa snaps... Well living with a bunha short guys with pointy ears and having an insane amount of pressure on u one night of the year will do that to u. And he's standing on EasterBunnys crotch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.