Gimli

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mormegil
Gimli is cool! Gimli is awsome! Gimli rocks! Post what you think of him here.

undomiel
I think he is funny

Smllfry247
He is the coolest! I love him! Gimli rox my world!!!

billyboyd4ever
dwarves are the best! i mean come on they were created by the Ainur Aule (he was always one of my favorites). plus gimli is comical both in the books and movies, and john rhys-davies is a fantastical actor!!! GIMLI ROCKS!!! big grin

undomiel
haha
he cracks me up

pinksuezo
_^_
(-_-) <(And they call it a mine! A mine!! )
llllllll
(::i ) <
(___)::l
o o

Mormegil
Well, if you people all love him so much, then why haven't I seen any other threads about him?

P-NuT
he is a cool character

Mormegil
Say, does anyone here know the name of Gimli's Axe? I've just been wondering...

chica16
gimli's hilarious

pinksuezo
dunno ab the axes names, cept that the large two bladed one on his back is a moria blade.
the other 2 are, im guessing, from the lonely mountain.

Mormegil
Whatever. You know one of the best sequences with Gimli? I think that it was when he was fighting the cave troll. He kept doing all these cool rolls and dodges and stuff... it was sweet!

Mormegil
Go Gimli!

Mormegil
Gimli is cool! Gimli is awesome! Gimli rocks!

Mormegil
And so does Gil-galad, even though he has nothing to do with Gimli whatsoever!

Mormegil
He is cool though, isn't he?

Mormegil
Isn't he?!

Mormegil
So is Elrond....

Mormegil
And Isildur...

Mormegil
Try this again--- AND ISILDUR...

Mormegil
And let's throw in a Balrog for kicks!

undomiel
where do you get all these pictures?

billyboyd4ever
i dont find isidur half as cool...even though he wa sone of the mos tcourages men, he also was one of eh most power hungry and foul, i didnt like him in the silmarillion very muhc at all

Mormegil
Okay, now, don't go saying lies like that. Isildur was not any more power-hungry than the average guy. In Unfinished Tales, it is writen that Isiildur, after the first wave of the Orc attack by the Gladden Fields, knew that his end was near. He therefore resolved to bring the Ring to Elrond in Imladris, where it could be brought in strength to Oroduin and destroyed. While trying to do this, however, the Ring slipped off his finger in the Anduin and made him visible. At that point he was shot by an Orc scout, and he died. The Ring slipped from his finger because it knew that Isildur was trying to destroy it, and thus it was protecting itself. Isildur was at heart a good man, as good as ever there was. But, after the apparent death of Sauron, Isildur saw no reason why the ring must also be destroyed, since it held great power. Therefore, in that state of mind, the Ring easily lulled him under its influence. This happened thus so quickly and easily only because, at that time, the will of Isildur and of the Ring were the same, even without the effect of the Ring. Isildur was depicted in the movies as far worse a person than he was, and the preconceptions provided by the movie can be difficult to get passed. Therefore, even if you then read or already had read the Silmarilion, seeing Isildur in the movie can skew your perception of Isildur. Isildur is good, a great Man and warrior, and a Great King. None greater than him have been taken by the Ring, but only because his will and the Ring's will were the same for a time, and it was thus a simple job for thr Ring to bend the will of Isildur to a greater wanting to keep the ring.

Mormegil
Oh, and as for the images, I just searched on Google. Simple, but effective.

Mormegil
Also, I got some images from www.shipofdreams.net

Check it out, if you'd like.

undomiel
thanks smile

Nefertite
This thread is about Gimli? I think he's funny in TTT wink

Nefertite
I like this picture smile

muse5
I have realized that there isn't a Gimli thread on here, or at least i've overlooked it, so i think i need to start one
Gimli is a character that is so overlooked that i think that he deserves a thread!!! He's so cool, he's the DWARF!!!! and gave me one of my favorite quotes: NOT THE BEARD

(sorry, i'm just a bit hyper) rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

kalantiaw
yeah, funny dude... whatever... i just wanted to say that your 24 hours sig is hilarious... it's like a plan to take down michael jordan laughing out loud

ps. i know its Hades laughing

Pirate_Girly
Gimli Rules!! He had the funniest lines in the movies, "That still only counts as one". But John Rhys-Davies did an excellent job as Gimli.

muse5
'There are plenty for the both of us, may the best dwarf win' is another one of my favorites

Smodden
Gimli deserves some credit.

He is a dwarf

He is a dwarf

He is a dwa
rf

BloomBabyGirl
gimli n legolas brought humor to this movie. it wouldda dulled a bit w/o it. he rox. i loved when he was explainng dwarf women

All_For_Orlando
Gimli rox! "That Still only counts as one!"

ladygrim
lol gimli rocks .. my sista a non lotr fan thinks so to tho so that must be saying sumthing bout him

Smodden
I laughed so hard when he asked frodo to braid his beard!(itBook)
laughing

Bar-en-Danwedh
yeah, gimli has some funny moments, but he kicks ass!!!

AND DON"T NO ONE FORGET IT!!!

GIMLI

RaventheOnly
They kinda underplayed his role in the movies erm in the book at helms deep he fought half the army in the caverns protecting the women

All_For_Orlando
I loved it when he walked in the house of healing at the end of rotk and paused, and his little eyes were so funny stick out tongue

Melkórë
Gimli is cool.

FeceMan
I think that people don't appreciate Dwarves enough. Sure, they aren't as agile or lithe as Elves, but he still kept up with Legolas in their "competition".

Mormegil
Gimli is the MAN, by all accounts. True, he was somewhat underplayed in the movie, but that was the director's decision. John Rhys-Davies is the man, too, and he played Gimli so unbelievably well.

But one thing that I just realized is that, in the movie, after the Council of Elrond, they never really showed much distrust between Legolas and Gimli. I would have liked to watch their characters develop a little more, but hey, you don't get everything in a movie that you get in a book.

One other thing that I wished I could have seen was Gimli taking 10 orcs at once on his own, or something like that. It would have been nasty to see him plowing down tons of orcs at a time. Unfortunately, in the Two Towers, when such a moment was possible, he falls in a puddle. A very disappointing moment for me.

It's just that they gave Legolas and Aragorn their moments of glory, but Gimli went very unappreciated throughout the trilogy, when it is likely that he is the most steadfast of the three of them. And Boromir, too, got his moment of glory, which surpassed awesome. But they left Gimli out. I don't think it's very fair, but hey... What'ya gonna do?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.