silver surfer vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionking
who do you think would win this battle. personly i would go for silver surfer as he could turn superman in to a sandwich.

Jamaican
I honestly dont know too much about the Silver Surfer, but i know that he could re-arrange molecules, and his Strength is probably the same as Supermans (maybe more) and his skin is very invulnerable. Although Superman is my favorite (that will prob. piss off alot of you), I'm guessing Kal-el would have his hands full with the Surfer. But don't get me wrong, i dont think it would be a walk in the park for SS either, as Superman is very smart and is very powerful....thats my 2 cents

Viper
Silver Surfer definitely. This would be a great fight to read.

Jason420
I choose silver surfer his power is endless he has infinite power

SuperNova
This is virtually impossible to decide. Superman and Surfer both have super toughness skn wise. They both have equal super strength, they both can fly at warp speeds, they both are equal in fighting experience, and skills. I personally wouldnt say Silver surfer, or Superman... there is just no evidence to back up these guys fighting each other.
This is a dumb thread, there both equal. Silver Surfer's power isnt endless? Whered the hell u get that? Infininate power? PFFF.
Jason420, back up what uve been saying, then ill support you.

FrothByte
silver surfer would win. basically they have the same physical strength and all, but silver surfer has got cosmic powers. he could even resurrect a planet.

norrin radd

norrin radd
Height: 6'4"
Weight: Unknown
Eyes: White
Hair: None
Other distinguished features: The Silver Surfer's skin is apparently a flexible metallic silvery material.

Powers and Abilities

Intelligence: Gifted
Strength: Vast Superhuman Strength. The Silver Surfer can augment the strength of his cosmic energy-powered body to a degree that rivals the Hulk's formidable rage-enhanced strength. Hence, he can endow himself with Class 100 strength, enabling him to lift (press) well over 100 tons.
Flight Speed: Warp Speed
Stamina: Godlike
Durability: Totally Indestructible
Agility: Enhanced human
Reflexes: Enhanced Human
Fighting skills: Average hand-to-hand combatant, relies wholly on cosmic Energy powers.
The Silver Surfer possesses vast cosmic power granted him by Galactus as a part of the process of physically restructuring the Surfer's former organic body. He has the ability to channel ambient cosmic energy into his body at will, and expel it violently as concussive force or gently as a means to restructure molecules according to his mental design. He can generate beams of energy through his hands with sufficient destructive force to level a large city or generate such subtle amounts of energy to restructure the molecules of the natural dyes within a plant to change its color. The Surfer can rearrange the molecules of matter to create other configurations, but he cannot transmute elements.
The forces binding together the molecules making up the silvery material that comprises the Silver Surfer's "skin" are so great that there are few known forces in the universe great enough to overcome them. The inner portions of his body have also been made highly resistant to injury. Thus the Surfer is invulnerable to most forms of physical harm.
He can withstand great extremes of temperature caused by the build-up of friction within atmospheres or the vacuum of space or (within limits) the intense heat within the near vicinity of stars. He can survive without difficulties in the vacuum of outer space and hyperspace, and his body can withstand the stresses of travel at near-light speeds in this universe and of even greater speeds, in hyperspace.

The Silver Surfer has certain cosmic energy enhanced perceptions which enable him through concentration to become aware of the patterns of energy which surround him. Accordingly, he can sense great concentrations or deployment of energy anywhere in the world. He has a special affinity for the life energies of living beings, and can use his cosmic powers to augment them to a certain degree. While he can use his power to revitalize life energies and heal the wounded, he cannot create life or restore life to the dead.
The Silver Surfer does not need to eat or breathe since he absorbs life-maintaining cosmic energy direct through his skin. Although his body does not require sleep, his mind still does in order to give it an opportunity to dream.
By exceeding 99% of the speed of light (186,000 miles per second), the Surfer can shift himself into hyperspace, a dimension in which velocity is not limited by the speed of light. The Surfer can also compress his own bodily matter so as to shift himself into a so-called microverse. He once used his powers to travel through time, but may be unable to engage in time travel under normal circumstances.
Source of Superhuman Powers:Transformed by Galactus

wolverine8888
ok I thought superman was cheap there no way silfer surfer cna be ebaten that wicked gay

Never
LoL @ Norrin Radd posting here. The irony!

ScarletSpider
What I'd like to see for a vs. battle,

Feed Blackbolt pure garlic for a week, then lock him in a room with Superman, and make him scream. You'd have pure force that can level mountains, a high volume aspect, and some serious STINK.

Wynndar
Black Bolt's powers r out of control...he is pretty interesting and could get superman...he is strong enough to trade punches with the Hulk and probably has the most powerful or at least destructive power on the planet

mordamor22
if ss is that powerful, how powerful r his villains!?!?!?!? blink

Linkalicious
Surfer is my favorite Marvel Character....so naturally i choose him. but i think his skill explains my decision more than my favortism

SuperDarryl
Silver surfer contains to much power for Superman, Let me tell you how I would have Superman defeated. I would have the SilverSurfer fly so far away from a Yellow Sun, Supermans powers would weakin, then I'd have SilverSurfer hit Superman with a mega power beam and kill him. Thats just how I would do it. eek!

lionking
how powerful are his villains!?!?!?!? beings on the level of THANO"S and higher

norrin radd
villains, what about his creator Galactus, pretty powerful to me.

Magee
Yes one of his greatest enemies is Thanos ermm galactus was his creator but at one point when ss gets pissed off at him trying to eat the earth lol galactus makes him stay there and he isnt happy at his wittle baby sad lol. Dr Doom?? ss has teamed up with the fantastic four a few times when Galactus confined him to earth so hes probably fought dr doom a few times. Thats about all i know of his enemies but they r pretty powerful eek!

norrin radd
Mephisto, is considered the silver surfer villain number one.

kal-el
Mephisto wanted Surfer's soul didn't he? Something like that.

norrin radd
yes, mephisto is a name given him by human beings who mistakenly believed him to be the biblical satan (Lucifer). One time he joined forces with thanos, against the surfer, if you want to know more go here: http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/m/mephisto.htm

Evangel94
Surfer could be superman, but DC would never let that happen.

crazyspinz
thats because DC SUCKS

juggernaut74
I read the current Surfer series and it totally sucks @ss. He didnt even really demonstrate his power. I have all of his volumes from 1-4 and this one was bad. Anyways back to topic in my opinion Superman would destroy surfer. Yea i know he has the power cosmic and all that power but for gods sake Rhino gave him a run for his money in vol. 3 #54 and thor beat him in #86. Dont get me wrong I love Silver Surfer but I am a realist and I think it would be a good battle but in the end Superman wins.

crazyspinz
umm surfer manipultes matter, so he picks up anyold rock and turns into kryptonite, or makes wormhole and takes supes to a red sun.

superman is only strong because of the sun, sufer has the power to take that away

juggernaut74
Surfer has no knowledge of Kyptonite or that is would be his weakness. Therefore he cannot do so. And Surfer would not take away any sun from any planet. He wouldnt risk the danger of hurting innocent people.

crazyspinz
then he would move superman away from it, or just beat the crap outta supes

juggernaut74
Your have a good argument but how is Surfer gonna move Superman away from it. Surfer is fast but only on his board. He cannot fly without it. Surfer is strong but not as strong as Superman. He has no fighting skills at all. Supermans arent great but they would be better than Norrin Radds. I read most of the surfer comics and I dont ever remember him removing a sun from a plant or even mentioning he has that power.

crazyspinz
umm, not good fighting skills, they guy traveled around the universe kicking cosmic ass, was created by galactus to be his herald, who probably gave him some kickass fighting skills

meanwhile superman is a farmer

picoico
Actually, surfer has changed gold into sand, therefore he can transmute elements. It seems like the writers had changed their minds.

picoico
In the Silver Surfer/ Superman cross over Silver Surfer it was hinted that SS was more powerful than Superman. SS managed to make superman say "wow" when he reconstructed a city that was shrunk and placed in a bottle.

supermanprime
and they talk about dc being to over the top

Dizzle
Oh god not this again... Theres like 50 pages of one or 2 random people at a time arguing that Superman could win this... And then it was proved that Surfer 1) Can indeed fly without his board, but that requires using Cosmic power, where the board does not. 2) Can move and react well beyone light speed, where Superman is nowhere near that fast. 3) Has planet destroying power, Superman got killed with fists.

This is no contest, search before starting repeat threads.

Avalonofthewind
Supes can take Surfer. He keeps being powered up and Surfers powers are not unlimited...or he would be Galactus, wouldnt he?
He (Supes) beat Cythonna. A Kryptonian Goddess.
Recently he beat Doomsday without breaking a sweat.
Seems like lately his powers are being based on what he believes could hurt him will hurt him.

Sentry
Hey this thread already exist.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29475&highlight=Superman+VS+Silver+Surfer

Paola's gonna close this one.

Sentry
Check out the scans on that thread, above. Scans of Surfer's powers. Juggernaut 74 and Flash are proved wrong every single time.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Sentry
Check out the scans on that thread, above. Scans of Surfer's powers. Juggernaut 74 and Flash are proved wrong every single time. He didnt prove nothing to but that he didnt know jack sh!t. All of the scans he posted were not even close to what he said. Like the one where he said Surfer was fighting at beyond lightspeed. The picture he posted showed Morg on a his surfboard and Surfer mentally call it back to him resulting in Morg falling to the ground. Tell me how is that a example of fighting at lightspeed?

leonheartmm
surfer is more expirienced, has the power cosmic, has beyond light speed agility, reflexes, speed, can do a lot of really badass shit with the power cosmic, has even greater matter control than magneto, can manipulate all form of energies, forces, can manipulate spce and time, doesnt need his board at all but the only thing is that his board stops him from consuming his own powers, surfer can go through the cores of stars, has even destroyed planets accidently in fights{with morg etc}, plus he can absorb all sorts of energies from his enemies{including solar energy}, so unless were talkin about superman prime here, i really dont think superman could take him on.

incidently most people including me know that the current cable could easily beat superman's ass, so what makes u think that surfer cant destroy superman?

juggernaut74
Well I want to talk about the planet thing. Even if it was a planet which it dont really say if it is or not but the point is that it was the combined energy of Morg and Surfer that did it.

savagerampage
Not this again, there was like a giant ass thread before, surfer is way too powerful for superman too handle there isnt even a contest here.

leonheartmm
ok juggernaut 74 so lets say that surfer has enough power to destroy HALF aplanet, does that really make a difference, its just like sayin that an elephant could crush an ant, but a horse couldnt, lol.

juggernaut74
Well that is what I am saying Cosmic Cube posts scans and then doctors them to his liking. The ability to destroy half planet is not enough to do Superman in. Like I said before Surfers only chance is to absorb the solar energy. It may be a low blow but it works I guess.

savagerampage
doomsday pounded superman to death. he doesnt even have no where near enough power to destroy a planet.

Draco69
Originally posted by savagerampage
doomsday pounded superman to death. he doesnt even have no where near enough power to destroy a planet.

Actually he does. He destroyed two. DD that is.

Anyhoo it doesn't change any. SS wins.

juggernaut74
Go look at the Superman/Hulk thread, you have one instance where Supermans durablity didnt hold up as expected but over there you will see like 10 scenarios where it did.

savagerampage
i agree superman is a strong character, but his is no where near the league of the silver surfer. surfer is just way too powerful, i would put him up there with externals, celestials, etc, he isnt as powerful as those,guys but he is just too powerful for a earth hero

juggernaut74
Well I will finally come out of the closet and say I do think Surfer wins but only due to his ability to absorb his energy.

leonheartmm
same goes for surfer juggernaut, looks like what u r every1 is doin is pic the best case scenarios of the character they like n the worst case scenarios of the character that they dont, still doesnt change the fact that surfer is overall more powerful.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by leonheartmm
same goes for surfer juggernaut, looks like what u r every1 is doin is pic the best case scenarios of the character they like n the worst case scenarios of the character that they dont, still doesnt change the fact that surfer is overall more powerful. Funny you say that but I own well over 200 Surfer issues and I can count the Superman issue I own on one hand.

Avalonofthewind

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/ddrx12af.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/ddrx48qp.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/ddrx51qm.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/ddrx60yf.jpg

So much for the Doomsday theory...and they've both been powered up MASSIVELY since that 1st battle....

leonheartmm
take all the best sace snerios of supes and the best case scenarios of surfer and itll be seen that surfer is overall more powerful, same thing happens if u take the worst case scenarios.

savagerampage
those were awesome scans avalon. both of them are tough. My question is how doomsday destroyed a planet?

Draco69
those were awesome scans avalon. both of them are tough. My question is how doomsday destroyed a planet?

It was Caladon. Don't know how. Just that he did.

savagerampage
did he use some type of machine? Its pretty hard for a guy who cant fly, with superstrength to destroy a planet

Draco69
No. He absorbed the power of Caladon's protector. And apparently hit something vital in the planet.

savagerampage
doomsday is able to absorb powers?

Draco69
No. He evolves. He has a semblance of whatever killed him. For example, he couldn't breath in the Argon atmosphere, he died and revived, and could all of a sudden breath Argon breath. Which was a flame breath powerful enough to burn Superman.

leonheartmm
so it wasnt just his own power that he used? plus hitting a vital spot on a planet isnt really the same as just trashing a planet with no weak spot is it? plus many stronger people have lost to weaker people before, i comic page cant change the fact that if dd was as mad as supes is there, he wouldv destroyed superman, plus dd is said to be the strongest living being in dc.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Well that is what I am saying Cosmic Cube posts scans and then doctors them to his liking. The ability to destroy half planet is not enough to do Superman in. Like I said before Surfers only chance is to absorb the solar energy. It may be a low blow but it works I guess.

Juggernaut74 knows that the Silver Surfer is more powerful than Superman. The Silver Surfer is capable of much more than merely destroying a planet. And yes, a planet-destroying blast is more than enough to put Superman under. He claims to have every Silver Surfer comic, but myself and kgkg showed him quit a few things he "didn't know."

Talk about defamation of character. Could you post some of these doctored images Juggernaut74?

Cosmic Cube
Well I will finally come out of the closet....

laughing

juggernaut74
Well I dont want to be reported to the moderators again so lets just leave it at that Happy Dance

Cosmic Cube
No comeback? Aww. sad

juggernaut74
I just dont like dealing with cry babies who turn people into Moderators.

Cosmic Cube
I am a crybaby, aren't I? When did I turn you into a Moderator?

Could you repost one of those doctored images I posted?

Fanboy
Well in a Hand to Hand fight Silver Surfer would go down.

Mider
So if Silver Sufer can reagange melecules but not elements.....how did He turn bullets into flowers?

CorderaMitchell
Ya got me

ZephroCarnelian
lol

Come on - this thread is silly.

If you wanna pit a Supes against Surfer, pit Pre-Crisis against him.

Post-Crisis Supes is a match for him physically, but with the power cosmic and translightspeed flight, in an all out fight, Surfer could beat him.

CorderaMitchell
Thank you, there was one that was so silly Raz got rid of it, it was Carnage and Venom vs. aunt may.

He goes don't post such silly threads.

Mider
I guess He could bring a planet back to life if He uses His powers to bring the dead stuff back to life but how does He have enough power to bring a planet back to life if an Infinite had to sacrifice Himself just to bring one back to life?

norrin radd
Originally posted by Fanboy
Well in a Hand to Hand fight Silver Surfer would go down.

oh yhea i forgot how superman is a great matial artist, hey wait, his not.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by norrin radd
oh yhea i forgot how superman is a great matial artist, hey wait, his not.

He knows Kryptoniaan Martial Arts Norrin eek! Norrin? not Norrin Radd? eek! Not biased? laughing

splatted Happy Dance

juggernaut74
I still think the only way Surfer wins is his abilty to drain Supermans cells.

ZephroCarnelian
Which he wouldn't be able to because Supes doesn't store his energy as radiation he stores it as a chemical.

No - the way that Surfer would win is Cosmic blasts.

PreCrisis Supes would shrug them off, but weakass current Superman wouldn't be able to take much more than one or two full bore blasts from it.

norrin radd

whirlysplat

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Which he wouldn't be able to because Supes doesn't store his energy as radiation he stores it as a chemical.

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10list.htm

whistle

whirlysplat
Yes we all know that list and its an opion big grin

Not fact big grin

Keep the faith rock

Free your mind (big macs and marvel they don't have to own you) laughing

ZephroCarnelian
lol!

It's been explained in numerous issues about meta-atp, Fiery.

Surfer's draining nothing out of Big Blue.

I still think Supes would lose. But he wouldn't lose by that.

juggernaut74
Well I dont truly belive the cosmic blasts are gonna hurt Superman either.

He has taken punishment worse than those.

Alot of Marvel characters have take a cosmic blast.

norrin radd

ZephroCarnelian
Norrin - he can't absorb Supes' solar energy, because Superman doesn't HAVE any solar energy!!! eek!

Once he's absorbed solar energy, he turns it into a chemical to be stored ready for use.

It's exactly the same as we do with food.

If there was a superhero who could suck food straight out of people, he couldn't do anything to me. Because I don't have any bacon, or pancakes, or Snickers floating around inside me - it all gets turned into chemicals and stored for when I need it.

norrin radd
Norrin - he can't absorb Supes' solar energy, because Superman doesn't HAVE any solar energy!!! eek!

Once he's absorbed solar energy, he turns it into a chemical to be stored ready for use.

If there was a superhero who could suck food straight out of people, he couldn't do anything to me. Because I don't have any bacon, or pancakes, or Snickers floating around inside me - it all gets turned into chemicals and stored for when I need it.

good point.

maybe ss couls stop him from absorbing more, of course supes would have energy to fight.

ZephroCarnelian
Yeah - Surfer could stop him absorbing any more.

But the fight would still have to drag on for a while to make Supes run out of energy.

To be honest, I think the main way Surfer would win, is with a combination of his Speed and blasts from the Power Cosmic.

He's faster than Superman and even the Man of Steel cannot currently take as much punishment as Surfer can dish out.

Once upon a time, he'd laugh it off, but nowadays alas...

Avalonofthewind
The Cyborg Supes (Henshaw) has already been hit by a blast of Surfers cosmic energy and laughed it off.

It took Galactus levels to do something to him.

Surfer is nowhere near Galactus levels.

Regular supes is more invulnerable than CS. Cosmic blasts are worthless.

Cosmic Cube
Cosmic Blasts are capable of destroying stars. They are far from worthless. Surfer was obviously holding back when he fought Henshaw. Thing has taken cosmic blasts from Surfer when he's holding back. Norrin isn't a killer. If he wanted to destroy Cyborg, he was very capable. Galactus didn't just "do something to him," he turned him into a non-sentient brick.

Surfer took a blast that would destroy a planet and responded as though it were a gentle breeze. What is Superman going to do to hurt him?

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

Regular supes is more invulnerable than CS. Cosmic blasts are worthless.
please, some respect. Youre talking about blasts that have destroyed planets roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superman gets a bloody nose from Doomsday and he'll be able to take a full power cosmic blast? roll eyes (sarcastic)

FieryBalrog

surfer can manipulate matter at a molecular level. Why would it matter in the slightest that Supes has "stored" the energy in the form of chemical bonds?

Oh, and http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10list.htm says Surfer absorbs Supes energy, perhaps you'd like to direct me to the source that says Surfer cant smokin'

whirlysplat
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
surfer can manipulate matter at a molecular level. Why would it matter in the slightest that Supes has "stored" the energy in the form of chemical bonds?

Oh, and http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10list.htm says Surfer absorbs Supes energy, perhaps you'd like to direct me to the source that says Surfer cant smokin'

Thats just a Wizard list from a journalist

juggernaut74
please, some respect. Youre talking about blasts that have destroyed planets Can you show proof of Surfer destroying a planet with cosmic blasts?

Annual #7 does not count that wasnt a planet and it wasnt totally his power that did so.

juggernaut74
Something I forgot to add.

In every bio that I have read whether its on a website or a Marvel encyclopedia all of them have said his cosmic blasts have enough power to LEVEL A CITY not destroy a planet.

He is gonna have to bring more than that to this dance Happy Dance

norrin radd

Cosmic Cube
Something I forgot to add.

In every bio that I have read whether its on a website or a Marvel encyclopedia all of them have said his cosmic blasts have enough power to LEVEL A CITY not destroy a planet.

He is gonna have to bring more than that to this dance Happy Dance

The Ultimate guide to Superman says that he has the strength to move a mountain. Does that mean that that's his limit? laughing

How about you read the plethora of Silver Surfer comics you supposedly own, instead of quoting a Marvel Encyclopedia. He's capable of much more, and you know it. Well, at least you should. Superman's going down in this fight.

Can you show proof of Surfer destroying a planet with cosmic blasts?

Annual #7 does not count that wasnt a planet and it wasnt totally his power that did so.

You probably could. You own all of his comics, don't you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

You're in denial. He destroyed the planet himself during the annual. Only one guy was standing when the dust settled.

Superman's energy is NOT stored as ATP. When Triumph turned on the JLA, he pulled solar energy from Superman's body. Besides that, food isn't immediately metabolized. It is stored as food, and broken down further into glucose. How can you compare light to any form of matter? Light can't be broken down.

Honestly, people. Respect Silver Surfer. At least read up on the character before you say he's over-hyped.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
The Ultimate guide to Superman says that he has the strength to move a mountain. Does that mean that that's his limit? laughing

How about you read the plethora of Silver Surfer comics you supposedly own, instead of quoting a Marvel Encyclopedia. He's capable of much more, and you know it. Well, at least you should. Superman's going down in this fight.

You're in denial. He destroyed the planet himself during the annual. Only one guy was standing when the dust settled.

Superman's energy is NOT stored as ATP. When Triumph turned on the JLA, he pulled solar energy from Superman's body. Besides that, food isn't immediately metabolized. It is stored as food, and broken down further into glucose. How can you compare light to any form of matter? Light can't be broken down.

Honestly, people. Respect Silver Surfer. At least read up on the character before you say he's over-hyped.

Only some food is stored as Glucose (as Glycogen)most carbohydrate is stored as fat and amino acids (nitrogen containing) are used for growth and repair and if the body is in in a state of anabolism stored as Muscle. A while ago I told you I was a scientist CC, well this is my area big grin

Superherovandal

I agree SS is going to beat Supes but what you said about the ATP thing is wrong. If light cannot be broken down what do plants use for food? Of course it can be broken down.

leonidas
<<Superman gets a bloody nose from Doomsday>>

hmm, perhaps you should check out the scans on pg3 of this thread. it's what have you don't for me lately, that counts . . .

supes has taken 'cosmic' blasts from galactus, imperiex, parallax and darkseid's omega beams - that's just a couple big guys off the top of my head. i could look up a dozen others, but don't see the point. ss going one on one against supes with strictly his blasts won't get it done. i already said ss is more versatile than supes and would likely win this battle - he would do it because he has more abilities, not because he could 'blast' supes to death. he could prevent supes from absorbing energy then avoid him long enough to weaken supes. THEN he could blast him. even then, supes would give him absolute hell before he fell.

and cube, there's no way ss 'cracked' that planet in annual 7 by himself. the destruction was pretty clearly a result of his battle with morg when they BOTH cut loose. AND they were still standing on the planet when the battle was done so where is everyone getting the idea they even 'destroyed' it in the first place!?

ss has more powers than supes and if he used them properly he would win. if he made it a 'tough guy contest', supes could take him, like he's taken a hundred cosmic characters before.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Superherovandal
I agree SS is going to beat Supes but what you said about the ATP thing is wrong. If light cannot be broken down what do plants use for food? Of course it can be broken down.

Light can't be broken down. Plants use solar energy to form chemical bonds during photosynthesis. The light itself isn't broken down. How can you obtain Carbon Hydrogen and Oxygen from a photon? I mean... just ask whirlysplat. wink

Originally posted by whirlysplat
Only some food is stored as Glucose (as Glycogen)most carbohydrate is stored as fat and amino acids (nitrogen containing) are used for growth and repair and if the body is in in a state of anabolism stored as Muscle. A while ago I told you I was a scientist CC, well this is my area big grin

Biology too? :gasp:

Cosmic Cube
If Superman's body doesn't contain solar energy, could anyone explain why Triumph was able to pull it from his body?

Avalonofthewind
Cosmic Blasts are capable of destroying stars. They are far from worthless. Surfer was obviously holding back when he fought Henshaw. Thing has taken cosmic blasts from Surfer when he's holding back. Norrin isn't a killer. If he wanted to destroy Cyborg, he was very capable. Galactus didn't just "do something to him," he turned him into a non-sentient brick.

Surfer took a blast that would destroy a planet and responded as though it were a gentle breeze. What is Superman going to do to hurt him?

Destroy henshaw? The guy who survived black holes? SS blasts are not more powerful than black holes. They also aren't more powerful than omega beams, we both know that.
Supes has taken planet destroying blasts himself.
SS board was broken by Cable. Same material SS is made from. Is cable stronger than SS and Supes?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by whirlysplat

Is any of that really relevant? You and I both know that light isn't broken down into ATP. Plants require more than sunlight alone to sustain themselves. Superman lives on sunlight alone. Obviously, he's storing it.

When did his writers ever suggest that he metabolizes solar energy?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Destroy henshaw? The guy who survived black holes? SS blasts are not more powerful than black holes. They also aren't more powerful than omega beams, we both know that.
Supes has taken planet destroying blasts himself.
SS board was broken by Cable. Same material SS is made from. Is cable stronger than SS and Supes?

Silver Surfer flies through black holes regularly. They don't affect him.

When did Cyborg survive a black hole?

Superman supposedly survived a blast that would destroy a planet. Silver Surfer ignored one, as though it were nothing.

The board isn't as durable as Silver Surfer himself. The board is repairable.

Superherovandal
because no organism can just use light as energy. Thats like saying that an animal can eat food not digest it and use it as energy. Light itself cannot be used to power an organism. It must be metabolized. first.

Avalonofthewind
From what I remember, the board is the same material. Yes, it can be repaired, you are right about that, it would be pretty taxing for ss to kepe having to repair his body however.

juggernaut74

Superman supposedly survived a blast that would destroy a planet. Silver Surfer ignored one, as though it were nothing.
Superman survived alot of different things over the years.

If Surfer was so durable why did he fall to the ground after trying to detain some Nukes in Vol. 4 #10?

Or why was he k.o.'d by some chic. Circumstances not rellavant cause it still happened?

Why did Thor leave him lying on the ground like some b!tch in Vol. 3. #86?

I could go on all day. You say respect Surfer which I do why dont you respect Superman.

juggernaut74

Good one Cosmic.

But I can show you examples of Superman going beyond moving a mountain.

Can you show me examples of Surfer destroying a planet?

I have been waiting for one for quite some time. Happy Dance

whirlysplat
Light can't be broken down. Plants use solar energy to form chemical bonds during photosynthesis. The light itself isn't broken down. How can you obtain Carbon Hydrogen and Oxygen from a photon? I mean... just ask whirlysplat. wink

Biology too? :gasp:

As I told you at the time I am a Molecular Biologist by degree, My dissertation was on Kluveromyces marxianus (a yeast), (the version I was using had been modified) to produce more pectinase (an enzyme that breaks down pectin) and its possible role in Orange Juice production. Just then the GM food scares started (ouch) big grin

Cosmic Cube

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Superherovandal
because no organism can just use light as energy. Thats like saying that an animal can eat food not digest it and use it as energy. Light itself cannot be used to power an organism. It must be metabolized. first.

Light is pure energy, food is not. Energy cannot be "broken down," or metabolized. Take Biol101, and you'll understand everything. Or, you could just ask Whirly. wink

Cosmic Cube
This is how photosynthesis works.

A plant absorbs Carbon Dioxide and Water. Then it takes Sunlight into it's chloroplasts, providing the energy necessary for an endergonic reaction.

So...

CO2 + H2O => C6H12O6
___________^ sunlight___

Get it, Dark?

kgkg
SS wins

1000/1000

kgkg
Good one Cosmic.

But I can show you examples of Superman going beyond moving a mountain.

Can you show me examples of Surfer destroying a planet?

I have been waiting for one for quite some time. Happy Dance
LMAO

Still you are at it

Aren’t you the one that said

SS can't absorb solar energy?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
LMAO

Still you are at it

SS can't absorb solar energy?

Same guy who has ALL of SS's comics, but didn't know he could move think and react faster than light.

kgkg
Same guy who has ALL of SS's comics, but didn't know he could move think and react faster than light.
lol ALL you say?

Cosmic Cube
lol ALL you say?

ALL.

juggernaut74
LMAO

Still you are at it

SS can't absorb solar energy? Show me where I said he cannot drain solar energy. Come on you can do it.

You and Cosmic Cube have the be the most #*$))@ #*$$# I know.

You say that he can destroy a planet with those blasts but you cant prove it. Annual 7 is not proof and I am not the only one who says that. You and you buddy Cosmic say so.

juggernaut74
I still think the only way Surfer wins is his abilty to drain Supermans cells. Here is what I said. Happy Dance

Cosmic Cube
Show me where I said he cannot drain solar energy. Come on you can do it.

You and Cosmic Cube have the be the most #*$))@ #*$$# I know.

You say that he can destroy a planet with those blasts but you cant prove it. Annual 7 is not proof and I am not the only one who says that. You and you buddy Cosmic say so.

lol, I knew you'd respond.

Insults? Glad to see that you care. You should PM your flames to me instead. What exactly is that supposed to say? You could at least give me a consonant or two.

Of course you don't want to believe that its a planet. It's just a planet sized rock in outer space that resembles a planet. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Though he could, Surfer doesn't even need to absorb Superman's sunlight. there are so many more creative ways of wiping the floor with him.

Happy Dance

juggernaut74
Surfer didnt blow that up on his own anyways. Morgs power cosmic had something to do with that too. And you know it.

Show me more proof of this planet destroying power. Cause I have never read such a thing.

Cosmic Cube
Here is what I said. Happy Dance

Ok. But you're still wrong. big grin

Cosmic Cube
Surfer didnt blow that up on his own anyways. Morgs power cosmic had something to do with that too. And you know it.

Show me more proof of this planet destroying power. Cause I have never read such a thing.

Who withstood the blast? confused

I don't think you really understand the definition of the word, 'planet'.

Why would Surfer go around arbitrarily destroying planets, anyway? What the f**k?

juggernaut74
lol, I knew you'd respond.

Insults? Glad to see that you care. .

How do you know I was insulting you?

You dont know that. I could have meant anything. Happy Dance

juggernaut74

I don't think you really understand the definition of the word, 'planet'.

Can you show me where it says a planet was destroyed in the process?

Or did you just make that up to suit your needs?

kgkg

Asteroid planets big deal same shit.

Ok jugs here you go

Silver surfer takes a planet destroying attack

And destroying a planet (much harder than real planets) this was magnetize by Korvac

SS broke it like it was nothing

kgkg
Silver surfer getting attacked by a planet destroying attack

This had no effect.

Cosmic Cube
How do you know I was insulting you?

You dont know that. I could have meant anything. Happy Dance
I'm sorry. You were probably saying, "You and Cosmic Cube have the be the most intellegent debaters I know." Or maybe "...nicest people I know."

Thanks Jugs.

juggernaut74
Those are nice scans there but they dont really prove nothing.

I didnt say anything about him taking a planet destroying blow. I want to see a scan of him blowing up a planet by himself.

Can you pull one of those out of your hat?

Cosmic Cube

You're right. It was probably a planet sized gumball. Or maybe a jawbreaker.

Cosmic Cube

I didnt say anything about him taking a planet destroying blow. I want to see a scan of him blowing up a planet by himself.

Look at the first scan.

kgkg

Read

Silver Surfer is in middle of that planet ( that is magnetize at him)

Cosmic Cube
Read

Silver Surfer is in middle of that planet ( that is magnetize at him)

Happy Dance

juggernaut74
I think there maybe more to the story than meets the eye.

Is that a vol. 1 issue?

Cosmic Cube

Is that a vol. 1 issue?

Yeah. Pull it out of your vast collection.

juggernaut74
I will when I get a issue #.

I dont remember everthing that happens Cosmic being I have over 2000 books right now.

long pig
Hmmm, pretty proof positive right there.

Cosmic Cube
I will when I get a issue #.

I dont remember everthing that happens Cosmic being I have over 2000 books right now.

I do.

Regardless, he blew up a planet, right before your very eyes. Satisfied?

juggernaut74
You remember the issue # in and happened in every book you have read?

Im convinced.

Still waiting for the issue # so I can go look it up.

kgkg

Is that a vol. 1 issue?
No it's wasn’t a SS comic

It was when grandmaster (elder) was holding a tournament

SS blew a planet that was made from Korvac that was magnetized

This is much harder and takes more power than blowing normal planets

Since all the force are attracting to SS.

kgkg

Im convinced.

Still waiting for the issue # so I can go look it up.
here let me look it up

juggernaut74
No it's wasn’t a SS comic

That explains alot.

What is the issue #?

Cosmic Cube

Of course I do.

juggernaut74
here let me look it up You mean you didnt even read the issue?

WTF is that.

Cosmic Cube
That explains alot.

What is the issue #?

That means he didn't really do it, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cosmic Cube
You mean you didnt even read the issue?

WTF is that.

The proof is in the scan. What more evidence is needed?

juggernaut74
Of course I do. Do you read Thor?

Do you read any Black Panther?

Do you read Hulk?

kgkg
Avengers annual 16

Cosmic Cube
Do you read Thor?

Do you read any Black Panther?

Do you read Hulk?
Of course I do.

juggernaut74
The proof is in the scan. What more evidence is needed? Just like those scans you posted of Morg standing on Surfers board and saying he was fighting as superspeed? laughing

I need more proof than just one pic. I need to read the whole story.

Cosmic Cube
Avengers annual 16

Lemme guess.

"Annuals are BS!"

kgkg
You mean you didnt even read the issue?

WTF is that.
no i did read the comic

but i can't remember the names of all the stuff i read.

Cosmic Cube
Just like those scans you posted of Morg standing on Surfers board and saying he was fighting as superspeed? laughing

I need more proof than just one pic. I need to read the whole story.

For what? You see the planet, you see Silver Surfer destroy it. Point proven.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>