Official Inter-House Challenge Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tassie
Firstly, you must belong to a Hogwarts House to post in this thread.
Okay, you must all already know Rogue's and my idea about this Inter-House Challange, but if not, i'll refresh you on it here.

You chat and discuss and plan Challenges in your Common rooms. This thread is NOT a chat or discussion thread, like your Common rooms. The sole purpose of this thread is for houses to post and answer Challenges.
An Official thread is created so that many individual Challenge threads won't appear, cluttering the forum.

Phoe is too busy to take time to judge our Challenges, so the Heads of Houses will be in charge of rewarding points. Please Be Fair!!!

Every house should participate in each Challenge, including the House that started the Challenge. It's not compulsary for your house to be a part of every Challenge, but if you're not, it's your house's loss.

I think we can agree on ten points as the reward for the winning house.

Each Challenge should have a deadline, i say about 3 or 4 days should do it?

And also, we should not have more than 1 entry per house. Every entry becomes permanent on entering; you cannot take it back.

Let me just explain a Theory Challenge. Every house ((that's willing to participate of course)) will come up with their own theory, and, easily, the House with the best and most likely theory will be awarded the 10 pts. There are no consolation points stick out tongue However, houses may tie.

I have a Theory Challenge from my own House, Gryffindor, but i'll wait until my fellow members return before the Challenge is posted.

^^ Now, tell me, did you understand everything i just said? big grin Let me know if you have any problems, questions, or anything to add!

tassie
Edit: I'm so sorry, i meant every house should not have more than 2 entries

RebelPhoenix
Woohoo! This thread is up and running! big grin

okily then, here as some quotes from the Gryffindor House, don't worry nothing too sauce I wouldn't want to spread gossip stick out tongue - lol but they are challenge ideas. This was everybody can see them and say what they think smile

Firstly our esteemed Tassie came up with the idea that we should do a theory challenge and my idea for that was:

Then Unicor777 had a good game idea:

Personally I really like Unicor777's idea - see I was thinking of something like a game challenge to begin with so that it would be exciting and fun without too much brain work like the theory one lol *AhemIamnotreallylazyIswear* wink or maybe we could do both! smile I don't know - what does everybody else think and what other ideas do you have? smile

RoguePw25
yes yes and yes. Okay, we have the rules down and everythign so let's begin. If everyone understand what's going on, i suppose we can get started.

I like both the above ideas, buf right now, I think we should start off with a little game. Nothing too complicated, but kinda simple, just to get things running. Agreed???

But of course, Houses are still getting together there Heads, so when you are done, post your ideas here.

Joy2dWorld
OK, how about this... HBO (in the US) is offering a first look behind the scenes of PoA... and I've got the schedules here:

ALL SHOWINGS, HBO/MAX East

Tue 5/25 08:45 PM HBO - EAST
Tue 5/25 11:45 PM HBO - WEST

Fri 5/28 12:15 PM HBO - EAST
Fri 5/28 03:15 PM HBO - WEST

Sat 5/29 11:00 AM HBO2 - EAST
Sat 5/29 02:00 PM HBO2 - WEST

Mon 5/31 07:45 AM HBO - EAST
Mon 5/31 10:45 AM HBO - WEST
Mon 5/31 06:45 PM HBO - EAST
Mon 5/31 09:45 PM HBO - WEST

Do I get Slytherin points for posting this first??

Joy2dWorld
oh, and how about being the first to report that Rita Skeeter has just been cast and its gonna be Rosamund Pike!

she's that annoying woman in the James Bond movie "Die Another Day"... here's a link to her photos

Unicor777
:!!!! Joy2dWorld: this is the place to post those things ... if there is such competitions like freshers news on HP/POA you might get some points .. in this situation I would take points from your house... but of course I'm autorised to do that ! Don;t do it again !

Elondra
Well unfortunately Ravemclaw still hasn't got a Headsad

tassie
Okay, please... Save all comments and questions for Common Rooms and the Sorting Thread. I think the Sorting thread should be the Official questions and comments thread.

As for Joy2dWorld, you brought up a fair point.
Points awarding should therefore stand thus:
10 pts for winning a Challenge
5 pts for bringing us the latest info

And yes, Joy2dWorld, you CAN use this thread to post your info, etc...
So fairly, Slytherin should be awarded 5 pts wink

To start things off smoothly, before we get into the theories, i was thinking a simpler, more straight-forward Challenge.

A Signature-making Challenge.... the house to design the best hp Signature, including the symbol of their House, will get the 10 pts, just to start things off. wink

We begin the Signature-making Challenge today. I say by Thursday, this Challenge shall be ended, so the deadline is Thursday.

Any problems, comments or questions, as is said, post them in your common rooms or in the Sorting thread, where i will certainly reply to them, or feel free to pm me wink

LET THE FIRST CHALLENGE BEGIN!!!!! big grin big grin big grin devil

tassie

Kitoky
Book mistake for the 5th book

When the DA meet in Hogsmeade we see Dennis Creevey there, he's only a second year yet he's at Hogsmeade which only are third years and up.

tassie
*grumbles* five points to Gryffindor......

oh sorry, i meant Hufflepuff...

Kitoky
Now now Tassie, play fair now. wink

RebelPhoenix
I don't think we should be awarded points for the latest news - I mean we do that anyway and it's part of the other threads in the forum. It's like giving us points for what we already do and not stuff that is set as a competative challenge or game. Like this morning I posted 4 bits of news - that Cho, Padma& Pavarti, Krum had all been cast and part of a new theory from Rowling but I don't expected to be awarded points for it - that's way too easy.

Plus I'm sorry Tassie, but I don't like the earning points for mistakes things either because I mean - where and when had that challenge been set? It just came out of nowhere and we're awarding points for it - if it goes like this then anyone will be able to post anything without the knowledge and general consensus of the whole group and get points for it. There's no way people can keep up either because unless it's officially chosen by a vote or something as the actual task to do then people are always going to miss things and not get the opportunity to earn points. If the finding of mistakes had been set as a task then I'd be fine with it and each house would have to submit two entries max each like your rules say but the end of a certain deadline and then points would be awarded.

I just don't think it's fair or organised like this, I'm sorry - I may just be a suckekr for the rules or somethign and if I'm way off base please explain it to me better.

tassie
yeah, i know what you mean... but just to start off i suppose. It's only 5 points. By the time the first Challenge is over, all houses should have at least 5 pts in their name, by then.
After that, only Challenges and REAL info gets awarded.

RebelPhoenix
ok gotcha smile

Oh and I'm confused about the whole challenge thing because first you said that you wanted to do a theory and now all a sudden I've been reading round and it seems you want a graphic instead, which is by fine all means. But I think we need to sort out just what is going on to prevent general group confusion - are you going to be the one who makes challenges or are the ideas going to come from all of us and we vote because if you just set them then there's no point in us posting our ideas like we have been?

Oh and btw whomever makes the challenge - can it be written in bold please (the whole post) cos even though I looked over the post you made it totally didn't register and I kinda missed it and I don't want that to happen to everybody messed

tassie
ok lol

I thought, to start things off easy first, the first Challenge could be a graphics Challenge. If ppl respond to it fairly enough, we can move on to tougher Challenges like the Theory Challenges

tassie
Btws, you can submit your entries for the Challenge whenever you're finished and ready smile

It'll quicken things up

Elondra
I've made one already but I have to check it with my house as we are only allowed 2 entriessad

tassie
Oh! *bangs head* I forgot...

We need a voting technique. Once entries are submitted, the houses gather in their common rooms and are given one day to compromise their votes. The final vote the house makes, will depend on the Heads' decision. Then, the Head will post the houses' final vote in THIS thread. If the Head's not here, someone else from the house can post the vote here

Comprende? smile

Unicor777
RebelPhoenix and Tassie .. lets discuss this in our house common room

tassie
Unicor777, we will join you in the common room, but please, i'm begging, can you not post these kind of things in this thread? sad It'll clutter the thread.

oh, if only i was a mod, i could delete some posts

myredmirage95
Maybe it was meant that he hadnt been to the school in 5 years.. like not visited. Makes sense. oh yeah.. lmbo IT DOES SAY PERRY!!! Nice catch!

Maikahyandowen
poor ravenclaw

eezy45
gryff not as well

RoguePw25
the Sig challenge ends Thursday

pip-foot
I found some news... i dont know what you would determine good news, but here it is smile Its the relise date for GoF

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint

Director: Mike Newell
Release Date: November 18th, 2005
Studio: Warner Bros.
Message Boards: Post your comments

Synopsis: Harry Potter, now 14, has only two more weeks with his Muggle relatives before returning to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Yet one night a vision harrowing enough to make his lightning-bolt-shaped scar burn has Harry on edge and contacting his godfather-in-hiding, Sirius Black. Happily, the prospect of attending the season's premier sporting event, the Quidditch World Cup, is enough to make Harry momentarily forget that Lord Voldemort and his sinister familiars--the Death Eaters--are out for murder.

tassie
Challenge is almost ending....

Elondra
No way we haven't chosen ours yet

tassie
well tom's the deadline

Exa
But - tomorrow in the evening, I hope?

tassie
yeah, no worries.... i suppose we'll start judging by Friday? yes
And by tom you guys will have your prefects, right?

Kitoky
Since no one seems to be on the Hufflepuff thread - I'll just post this one just in case.

Hufflepuff house's first sig entry -

Elondra
Well ok then this is Ravenclaw's first entry:

We couldn't decide on the second one though due to lack of members.

RebelPhoenix
OK nice, I love it when people are ahead of schedule smile

Firstly, Kitoky - I take it you're one of the prefects for Hufflepuff? If you are or even if you're not, seeing as you posted your first entry I believe that there was a consensus to use Behemoth's sig as well. Please post it smile

Secondly, Elondra - Lack of members to vote? Hmm, well I've noticed that you have a selection of equally stunning sigs to choose from so if you are a prefect why don't you choose another one youself and post it. That way you have an equal chance with everybody else - if you are not a prefect but your prefect does not turn up by an appropriate time today I think it's reasonable for you and whomever is there to decide which one you want. smile

Sidenote I think the judging should take place tomorrow in order to give everyone maximum time to post their entries and the judging will be carried out by all prefects and if necessary ultimately decided by the Heads. Remember people Fairness Above Favouritism always smile

RoguePw25
very well said. ..

Kitoky
I posted it just in case, that's all, I didn't mean any harm, I don't know what's going on, the Hufflepuffs are never on when I am sad

RebelPhoenix
Hey, it's alright smile - I wasn't having a go at you, I'm sorry if it sounded that way. What I meant was since you posted the first entry maybe you'd like to post the second one too if your house prefects aren't here. Btw I think it was very thoughtful of you to post something for your house if you were worried, just as long as they are the ones the majority of you wanted smile

tassie
yeah, good job Hufflepuff, for being the first smile

nicely said, RPhoe

i hope we get all the entries today..

i think from the next challenge, we should set a new standard....
points should be awarded to the first house to submit an entry, just to get everyone posting ontime ?

RebelPhoenix
Hmm, I dunno about that - I mean a deadline's a deadline and as long as it's met that's all that matters right? But I like your angle......... howabout, if you're late you get points deducted unless you officially state that your house will not be competing the challenge?

RoguePw25
I think that would do it. .. then even if u didn't win the challenge, u would at least have automatic points for being the first to submit your entry.

Behemoth
Here is the other Hufflepuff entry for the contest.

myredmirage95

Orli'sElf7
muahahaha....slytherin all the way!!! myredmirage95!!!! awsome banner!!!! how do you make banners? stick out tongue sorry im way behind...but i dont have paint shop...or mayb i do....

tassie
i have but one question for the Slytherins..... why'd you make a Gryffindor sig??
i mean, it's a great sig though yesyes just wondering why the Slytherins have a Gryffindor sig confused

Kitoky
May I substitute this sig for Hufflepuff's first entry?

The one with the Hufflepuff students with this..?

tassie
aye, have i ever told you how stupid i am, lol?? big grin it took me a while to realise it was Gryffinsor AND Slytherin big grin i'm such an idiot with a slow computer

tassie
ok, but only cuz this is our first challenge that we can let the rules ((that once you've entered, you can't withdraw your entry)) bend a little, but only this once big grin

Kitoky
Thank you Tassie big grin

RebelPhoenix
Gryffindor's first entry:

RebelPhoenix
Gryffindor's second entry:

RebelPhoenix
Where are the second Slytherin and Ravenclaw entries?

pip-foot
Since my house is still lacking an entry, i'm going to go ahead and enter this one...

pip-foot
RAvenclaw's second Entry smile

eezy45
i resend Gryffindors 2nd entry....
the one from RPhoe is too light

Exa
Thanks, pip smile

So, I was just wondering - I still havent really understood how the voting should actually work and how long it's possible to vote?

Barbossas Child
How long until we have to choose HB & HG???

RoguePw25
Okay, the majority of people have elected myself and Tassie for Headboy and Headgirl. But I'm guessing that you mean the 2 prefects for each house. I suggest that ALL houses come to some kind of end to thier voting and submit their Prefects names.

myredmirage95
lmbo@tass... yeah it takes awhile to load on my comp too.. big grin

Orli'sElf7
oy rebel!! whats tha banner for in ur siggy??? cheaters??? us???? nah : D. MM btw brill banner!

tassie
^^can you please not post unnecessary comments in the challenge thread? please

Orli'sElf7
^_^ sorry tassie!

Thorondor
ok i done the marking thing but it was screwed up so i will have it dont tomorrow smile

angelsflame265
hey could we make this a note so it sticks? cause sometimes nobody talks on here for a while and dowwwwwwwwwn it goes

tassie
we'll need to ask Phoe

but i don't think making it a sticky's really necessary... i don't know..

Kitoky
Do we score now?

RebelPhoenix
GRYFFINDOR'S RATINGS:

In order by which entries were posted:

HUFFLEPUFF

Entry 1

Originality and Creativity

Ok, being original and creative is about thinking outside of the box, thinking past what you are supposed to do and giving something extra. As far as I can see, this Hufflepuff sig is the only one with a background that is actually somewhat related to theme, even if it's not Hufflepuff specifically putting Hogwarts there is something unusual in comparison to the other entries. Also, I like the font, it's cute, frinedly and bright just like the character of Hufflepuff itseself. Other then that the name, crest and mascots are all present a long with a couple of fleur de lis.

Resolution and Clarity

This sig is not crystal clear like some of the others, it is perhaps because the background is a drawing rather then a digitally made photograph and the badgers also look hand drawn whether they are or not, the same with the fleur de lis and even the crest. That's not negative in the slightest for it gives an overall effect of the mist/dusk of the night and it is evening in the picture which give sit ambience but in this category it's not as sharp as it could be.

Following Instructions

According to Tassie's original post the only real pre-requisite was to have the house symbol in the sig. Hence this sig meets that requirement.

RebelPhoenix
Good Use of Colours

I like this sig's of colours, it's serene but then lifted with the vibrant yellows and that pattern is uniform throughout with no clashes or monotony - Yellow is a great colour for Hufflepuff signifiying their personality and in keeping with the black and yellow of the crest the entire sig follows suit. Even the fleur de lis and the background match in perfectly especially as the lights of Hogwarts enhance the overall glow.

Entry 2

This is a beautifully charming sig, it's very original and elegent especially in contrast to the other House entry. As that one was dark this one is light, with sunshine cascading onto the desceased and he is sitting on teh grass which represents a sense of peace and contemplation, even the single flower adds to the moment. This is definitely the most creative out of the sigs imo because it's based on an important moment of the history of the house, something that affected everybody rather then the typical formula of House colours, crest and mascot. The change in font is good, the only issue I have with it is that this moment might not be relevent always and it does not define the House, rather it commemorates then represents hence it will not always be immediately relevent.

Resolution and Clarity

The background and font are clear, the image of Cedric could stand to be a little clearer I think and the crest doesn't look as if it was resized clearly enough.

Following Instructions

The crest is there.

RebelPhoenix
Good Use of Colours

The black and yellow is follow through on his blazer, it was very fitting to find a picture of him in his Quidditch apparel which is what he was mainly known for in his so called defeat against Harry that one time - the yellow is also followed through in the font and matches well with the sunshine in the background.

Overall SCORE
Originality and Creativity: 6.5/8
Resolution and Clarity: 2/3
Following Instructions: 1/1
Good Use of Colours: 3/3

TOTAL MARK: 13/15

Kitoky
*sniffs*

Thank you so much man....

RebelPhoenix
GRYFFINDOR'S RATINGS: Part 2

SLYTHERIN

I like this sig, it's a parody much like my own personal sig and it's very in tune with the whole Slytherin attitude of tension between themselves and Gryffindor. I also like the way that it's animated, which was an idea I also came up with for my own House but it never came to fruition hence in comparison to all the sigs it is original because of the format used. Also the touch of the wand in between the two slogans acts as a transitional phase alongside with the effect rather just blanly changing from pic to the other and don't worry - I did notice the animated blood dripping from the serpents tongue wink

Resolution and Clarity

THis is a very clear sig, the only things that aren't as sharp as the rest are the crests - again that hand drawn effect rather then digital creation, I'm not saying that they weren't originally made on computer just that they appear alittle blurry and could of stood to be made sharper with the re-sizing.

Following Instructions

Check.

Good Use of Colours

Hard to go wrong with this one really, all I can say in addition is that the green energy from the wand is very appropriate.

RebelPhoenix
Overall SCORE
Originality and Creativity: 6/8

TOTAL MARK: 12/15

RebelPhoenix
GRYFFINDOR'S RATINGS: Part3

RAVENCLAW(sorry, I realised that you poseted before Slytherin but by then I'd already posted their results.)

Entry 1

The background is stunning, very bold and eye ctaching from the first moment. However, it's not directly relevent to the House or school but I will take into consideration the fact that it follows House colours. Other then that, every thing is spaced out nicely avoiding clutter, the eagle is prominent, the font is legible and the crest is present. In terms of originality and creativity though, imo it seems that it sitcks to the typical formula without any variation and a suggestion that I would of made is that perhaps trying something different and using an actual raven instead or in addition to the eagle would have made it more innovative.

Resolution and Clarity

It's crystal clear, the only thing I would say is that the crest could have been either abit bigger or sharper.

Following Instructions

Check.

Good Use of Colours

The blue and white of the background fits in perfectly with the blue of the House colour and the white of the eagle, the white shadow on the font is also appreciated.

RebelPhoenix
Entry 2

Originality

Stunning, simply stunning. It has so much in it without clashing, the mascot, the verse, the motif and the crest. I like the way the eagle isn't as bright as the other sig, like in the hufflepuff contrast Ravenclaw also has one bright and one dark. That motif is awesome, I love the way it have the names and actual bird talons - very original and creative.

Resolution and Clarity

Ok, alot of things with this one - the resolution is as sharp as can be so no problems with that and I don't know if you added a transparent effect to the central part of the eagle's face on a photo editor or something but it certainly looks that way and adds to the visial appeal of it especially against the subdued back drop. My issues with this one however is with the clarity - I had a little trouble reading the verse, it's legible but difficult to see clearly, I realise that you were trying to fit in in properly with the other objects but the size and font sacrificed the clarity. The crest is sharp but maybe too sharp due to the resizing that made the name actually less clear then the other sig's one but then again it blends in with the overall clarity of the sig. The motif - again due to the sizing I didn't realise what it was until I really looked at it for a while and then remembered seeing the full sized one in your thread before - if it had been bigger it would have been beyond cool, because it actually spells Ravenclaw.

Following Instructions

Check.

RebelPhoenix
Good Use of Colours

Black was definitly a good choice to use because of the sheer amount going on in this sig, however, I think it could have stood to be dark blue as well which would have worked in the House colours. But other then that black is always chic and works in well with all of the white.

Overall SCORE
Resolution and Clarity: 1.5/3

TOTAL MARKS: 12/15

RebelPhoenix
GRYFFINDOR'S RATINGS:

GRYFFINDOR

Entry 1

This sig, similarly to Ravenclaws second sig had alot going on with many icons symbolising different things and avoids clutter. Firstly, the crest unlike the other sigs is the centre piece and it is held up by the mascot of the House but also by an actual Gryphon which is something original and creative in that it goes with the actual House name rather then just the mascot. The overall effect of this now seemingly double crest is that it looks like royal crest or one from a house of nobility - which gives it a kind of medieval authenticity. Moving on, the name is present in an equally flourishing font and Godric Gryffindor's sword is present in both corners heightening the representational feel of Gryffindor in total. Again, it all adds to make it look regal and important - the background is not necessarily directly related to the House but the House colours in a fiery feel and works with the other pictures in the sig.

Resolution and Clarity

The crest and background are clear but the swords could definitely stand to be made sharper and preferably with a more metallic sheen to make them more noticeable to blend in with the knight's helmet. Overall I think the whole sig could be made alittle clearer/sharper to give it a more polished feel.

Following Instructions

Check.

RebelPhoenix
Good Use of Colour

The fiery background works very well with the crest, the lion and the Gryphon - the reds, oranges and yellows - the only issue I have is with the colour of the font - like the swords I think it would have stood to be more metallic looking.

Entry 2

This sig is much like the first Ravenclaw entry to me, in that is sticks to the typical formula without variation. It does has a stunning background that is eyecatching but unlike the Ravenclaw one it doesn't use House colours and takes up too much space distracting from the directly related elements which are too small in comparison. However, even though the background stands out it still has a calm feeling to it which matches the lions expression but the crest doesn't really stand out too much from it due to the similarity in shade (dark purple and dark red). The font however is gorgeous and the colour is just right - I think it could have been bigger though in order to fill the space better.

Resolution and Clarity

It is very clear, everything is legible and the crest is clearer then many of the other sigs.

Following Insructions

Check.

RebelPhoenix
Good Use of Colours

The dark colours all work together with the light font which gives it balance and like two of the other houses Gryffindor also went with the light and dark contrasts. The dark purple even works well with the dark part of the lion's mane.

Overall SCORE
Resolution and Clarity: 2.5/3
Good Use of Colours: 2/3

TOTAL MARKS: 12/15

RebelPhoenix
GRYFFINDOR TOTAL MARKS LIST

1 extra point for the first entry, 1 point per entry per house and 1 point deducted for every late entry.

Hufflepuff
Originality and Creativity: 7/8 (not 6.5, it was too late to edit before)
TOTAL MARK & Extra Marks: 13/15 + 1 + 2

Slytherin
Originality and Creativity: 6/8
TOTAL MARK & Extra marks: 12/15 + 1

Ravenclaw
Resolution and Clarity: 1.5/3
TOTAL MARKS & Extra Marks: 12/15 + 2

Gryffindor
Resolution and Clarity: 2.5/3
Good Use of Colours: 2/3
TOTAL MARKS & Extra Marks: 12/15 + 2

RoguePw25

RoguePw25
Ravenclaw Entry #1
originality and creativity= 7/8

resolution and clarity= 2/3
The font and size of Ravenclaw is good.

following instructions= 1/1
good use of colors= 2.5/3
The fading of blue and white is good. Raveclaw could have been in a different color, just to bring it out more.

Ravenclaw Entry #2
originality and creativity = 6/8

resolution and clarity 1.5/3
Too dark. The cresant is too small.

following instructions = 1
good use of colours= 1.5/3
Too much black. The only other color is blue from the crest.

Ravenclaw #1: 12.5/15
Ravenclaw #2: 10/15 +1= 11/15
Total: 23.5/30

myredmirage95
yeah thats not blood.. thats his tongue

RebelPhoenix
Hey Rogue - can I just ask why you are scoring the double entries seperately, Tassie told me to score them as one and hey - aren't we only supposed to use yous/Tassie's scores only if the prefects have a dispute?

And MM - sorry about that, either way I still noticed it wink

RoguePw25
Very good point. I'll have to check to see if all of the other Prefects have submitted there votes first.

Plus, I just realized that I just broke my own rule. sad I told Tassie to tell the other Prefects to submit there Scores in a Private Message and here I am, not doing that.

HOUSES ATTENTION:
Judging for the First Inter-House Challenge is still be judged, so please be patient while we add up the scores to determine the winner.

PREFECTS:
If you haven't PM'ed your scores to Tassie and I, please do so.

NOTE:
Please note, that only Prefects and the Headboy and Headgirl can write in other people's houses common room. We don't want to clutter the boards with our messages. Please note.

RebelPhoenix
I was never told to do it by private message - no wonder I've been thinking where the hell everybody else's votes are and what was meant when I read the Houses have voted already!

RoguePw25
RPhoe, I am SOOO sorry we didn't get word to you. Communication in the future will be much better, I promise. But don't feel bad about it. It's no biggie and plus, we'll know for next time.

Oh, I meant that I think Slytherin and Huffelpuff Prefects have already submitted there scores. I'll have to check on that.

RebelPhoenix
That's cool, next time I will know smile

eezy45
mh i just noticed any prefect has to vote...
i had to work yesterday sorry... so i will submit them soon.
im working on it.

RebelPhoenix
Nope Eezy, it's not any prefect, it's one prefect from each house - I asked if you minded in our common room but you never replied.

eezy45
oh. ok
i dont mind smile

RebelPhoenix
You can judge the next one smile

Kitoky
You judged the wrong one.... sad

Thorondor
i dont want to judge again i done it totally wrong lol

tassie
To RPhoe, and Rogue....
umm, some of the houses spoke to me last night concerning this challenge, and they brought up a good point; there shouldn't be extra marks for number of entries submitted... the no. of entries were to increase a house's chances, but it wasn't compulsary for 2 entries...

RebelPhoenix
But then it's not fair - from both angles, see if there are no extra points then the House with one entry has less chance of getting better marks in comparison because one entry is unlikely to be better then the quality of two from another house and from the other point of view - the houses with two entries have done more work and will have their work averaged out to be fair to the House(s) that only have one entry which is bad for them if they have one great entry and one average or bad entry.

I think basically all the Houses should submit the same amount to make things completely fair and easier to judge otherwise there are too many complications - which is why if you don't -unless there are exceptional circumstances - you get points for what you submit rather then what you don't. For example, in this case Ravenclaw has the leat amount of members (or is one of the houses with the least) but still managed to make lots of sigs in their House thread and submit two entries on time so if they can do it and did do it why would there be complaints for getting a point per entry?

Thorondor
btw just out of curiosity what is the next challenge?

RebelPhoenix
Whichever House won the challenge gets to choose right?

tassie
It was the Slytherins, btws

you have a fairly good point, but i'm not feeling to write long posts right now like i used to lol

it would be fair to give them an extra point, but the rules were clear that it wasn't absolutley necessary to submit two entries... after this challenge, we can start awarding points for no. of entries, but it would first have to be stated in the rules..

RebelPhoenix
Yes I thought that might be the case - well fie take the extra points off, but what I'm saying is that the Slytherins need to be fair above what is convenient for them. For example, from what I'm saying it's better for them really in future because quite frankly they are lucky that their sig was unique from all the others in that it was an animation which made it creative. Now think about it, if it had just been the second screen which simply has the crest and SLytherin Pride written on it for example then in no way would it have been able to compete with the other House entries in terms of quality. So if their entry had been average at least they would have an extra point but seeing as it was good it was also helpful because the other Houses were forced to have averaged out scores to allow for their one entry - plus they had a good entry which meant that it competed really well with the other Houses and got the extra point - now if they had been first to post they may have even won the competition.

See what i'm saying - what I did when I awarded points was to allow for proportional representation - they had a better chance then they would have done without it on just one sig when all the other Houses had two sigs and if they had been judged seperately rather then averaged Slytherin would have had no chance. Also, like I said, they have the second largest number of members I think and the same time as the rest of us - if Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw could manage it so could they - plus I read today that they wanted to enter a second entry now but the judging is practically over and to allow for time zones? Please, we did that - upto 8 hours past Greenwich meantime London is more then enough to be either at or past 12pm midnight American and Canadian time - and time zones actually has nothing to do with it because it's Sunday now and that's three whole days not a few hours where time zones get in the way.

RebelPhoenix
BTW - I guess it seems obvious that the rules need to be crystal clear in writing and posted - the ones Unicor started would be great to begin with and can be edited over time. You don't have to do that if you are tired or unwell, Rogue can post them later if he wants to.

Kitoky
Well I say, if they read the rules it was up to two sigs, and if they only entered 1 then that's their problem - they should've entered another sig.

tassie
RPhoe, i've PMed the rules to Rogue, so now i dont feel completely useless smile

Orli'sElf7
idk if joy2dworld has pmed you tassie, but we wanted to submit barbossa'schild 's siggy as another entry for slytherin. she hasnt been on for awhile but if theres still time we'll get it to you asap

RoguePw25
I thought that we all decided to submit 2 entry's, but perhaps I am wrong about this. Also, I think that I wasn't suppose to vote, seeing as the Headboy/girl were supposed to intervene, only when the Prefects have a dispute, ignore those scores for Huffelpuff, Ravenclaw and (did I do Gryffindor)??
Anyway, just ignore them.

We are still currently tallying up the scores so please be patient.

Tonita
ok lol*bes patient* lol sry im kinda bored.... lol stick out tongue

Orli'sElf7
haha calm urself toni lol.

tassie
Orli'sElf, i've told BarbossasChild that it's way too late to submit anything now wink

tassie
And Toni, and OrlisElf, you both are in Slytherin?? If i gotta talk to you both again, Slytherin loses points... i'm fed up of saying "No unnecessary posts in this thread, save them for your common rooms".

Kitoky
Roguepw did you see this?

confused

RoguePw25
Yes I did. I re-did it! Thanks for spotting that Kit!

myredmirage95
hey.. just peeked in to see if anyone knew when the results of the competition should be in... i think we're all getting a little antsy waiting lol... maybe the results could be posted in each common room... there's only 4

RoguePw25
~THE RESULTS ARE IN~
Thanks to you are who were patient, but now the results for the First Inter-House Challenge are finally in!

Okay, for each house, I tallied up the scores that were sent to be from each houses Prefects. I added the 2 entry's scores together and divided it by 15. The winner is:GRYFFINDOR!

Below are the scores:
FINAL SCORES
Huffelpuff #1 10.5+15+12+11+= 48.5
Huffelpuff #2- 5+13.5+12+13.3=43.8
92.3/15=6.15%

Slytherin #1-13+13+12+14.5= 52.5
52.5/15=3.5%

Ravenclaw #1-12.5+14+12+6=44.5
Ravenclaw #2-10+10+12+14=46
90.5/15=6.03%

Griffindor #1- 11.5+15+13+9=48.5=3.23
Gryffindor #2-10+14+13+12= 49=3.26
97.5/15=6.5%

RoguePw25-Headboy

Thorondor
*ahem* dissagrees with the final judging....my oppinion hufflepuff's sigs were better

RebelPhoenix
I don't get how the scoring was done confused to me those figures appear as if the judges gave seperate total marks (out of 15) for each of the two sigs (totalling 30) each House (except Slytherin) submitted and that you added them together and then divided them by 15 - am I right or wrong?

EDIT - just read it again and yes you did indeed say you added up the seperate scores and then divide by 15 but my question now is how could you possibly have done that when I, the Gryffindor judge for that particular challenge, didn't submit two seperate total marks for each House set of entries? I was told to submit them already averaged and so I did which is why I don't see my marks there. That's alright I guess if one of the Heads intervened to save time and put in their own marks but I would have appreciated it if someone just asked me for the seperate marks then if that was what was needed especially after I asked if you wanted them in the PM I sent you Rogue. Oh well, whatever *shrug*.

RoguePw25
RebelPhoe, your scoring is up there. I took yours, the ones from Slytherin and the rest of the houses and added them together. Tassie PM'ed the scores updated and I took over from there.
You didn't have to submit 2 seperate scores for each sig. I believe u posted one for each so I just took that score and added it to the other sig.

I was tryng to work it all out, but people were telling me to get the scoring done .. so I did. Also, Slytherin only submitted 1 sig, but I still had to divide there total score by 15, which is why it is so low compared to those who submitted 2 entry's.

Our next challenge WILL BE much more organized and clear, but this was our first. I will check my Private Messages to see that I got the right scores from the housed Prefects who submitted the scores.

Joy2DaWorld, from Slytherin submitted votes.
RebelPhoe from Gryffindor submitted votes.
I'm trying to think who from Ravenclaw submitted votes??
And Huffelpuff, (i think) told us that they hadn't elected there Prefects yet, so Tasie and I submitted our votes.

Exa
big grin

@RPhoe seems so...

... but whence the %? blink Percent of what? What would be the full 100?

So... wait a moment... the actual result... in relation to the single results... is blink blink what exactly? Wouldnt it be more logical to divide the sum by 8? To get absolute average voting out of 15 by both sigs? I mean of course it doesnt change anything bout the result... but Im just wondering what the 6.5 or whatever in the end actually signifies compared to the votings... its... the sum of the averages out of each point of the votings confused like, 0.75/1+0.80/1+... ---- or something like that? confused

RebelPhoenix
I understand what you are saying Rogue and I appreciate that you were under pressure to get it done - but it's no clearer to me, you say my makrs are up there because if you had used the same score I posted up twice in each House then there would be at least one set of double figures in each double but there isn't.

I really don't want to make this into such a big issue but I'm just confused - because in my brain if you really did just use the total scores for every House why would there be the need to add up all the seperate scores for the individual sigs? Why not just use the one total score for both sigs given by each judge already averaged and add those up and leave it with no need to divide by 15. For example I gave Hufflepuff 13/15 total marks already averaged for both sigs, now if the other Houses gave already averaged marks as well all that was needed was to add those four figures up and voila that's the Final Mark for Hufflepuff out of 60 and continue the same with all the others. That way even though Slytherin had only one entry it would still have comparable marks out of 60 along with the rest rather then half of what the others got in percentage.

IF however, the other Houses unlike myself submitted seperate marks for each sig then all that was needed was to add up those seperate marks like you did and divide by 2 to average it (the mark out of 30 divided by 2 to give an average mark out of 15) out making it look like one total mark for both sigs as one final entry like the marks I gave. Then those total marks would be added (making it out of 60)- still leaving you with only four total marks to be added up instead of eight and no need to divide by 15.

Ack - we're just going to confuse eachother now messed

RebelPhoenix
I seem so what? Pedantic and crazy? messed Lol I'm sorry, I just hate being confused embarrasment

Exa
No lol it should be "@(at stick out tongue)RPhoe: yes, seems so" laughing out loud I just agreed with what you said... forgot the ":" sry lol ^^

*Georgina_A*
I thought Kitoky was voting for Hufflepuff confused erm

RebelPhoenix
Lol ok big grin

myredmirage95

Thorondor
not supporting the outcome of the scores because i totally dissagree with them....but i came into the slytherin common room and mentioned that you only had one sig sad

tassie
Georgina, you're right, Kit gave me his votes, and we used those already, lol i think Rogue forgot

And dont worry guys, this is just the first challenge, things wont continue like this..

I spoke to Rogue already, and we'll fix 'em

And i should take this time to say it to who i havent told already- i cant be on much now, so prefects will have to take some charge, concerning the upcoming Challenges..

RebelPhoenix
Ah well people, what's done is done, Rogue and Tassie were caught in a bind and did the best they could, I totally respect that. What say you to just moving onto the next challenge and making it as flawless and smooth as possible so we can maximise the fun? (Plus Gruff lost 10 points anyway so we're not exacly in the lead or anything embarrasment )

RoguePw25
ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, regarding the first Inter-House Challenge scores. First, let me explain the problem:

1.)The Slytherin's only submitted 1 sig, while the other houses submitted 2. The other houses scores would be averaged (between there 2 sigs) and it would turn out that Gryffindor wins.
Slytherin's would only have one solid score, with nothing averaged.

2.) But at the same time, if we didn't average any scores and just got the highest scorer, Slytherin's would win.

Either way, someone gets jipped.
I didn't think that it was fair that Slytherin's win becuz the rest of the houses would be averaged scores and they wouldn't be. Or at least the 2 sigs would be added together??

But at the same time, I do not think that it is fair that someone else win and Slytherin's get cut out becuase they only submitted 1 sig.

So for this first challenge, we are calling it a tie between Gryffindor and Slytherin. big grin

tassie
With Hufflepuff in 3rd place, and Ravenclaw in 4th smile smile

RebelPhoenix
Ahhh.... now that is an interesting concept wink - can the two Houses get along and come up wih sometimes without killing each other! lol we'll just have to wait and see wink

Oh btw - the explanation is much appreciated Rogue!

tassie
And for updates on points and points deducted, you need to check in with the Sorting Hat

I mean, c'mon, do you only live in your common rooms?? Get around the forum and click on some other threads, man, instead of asking me!!

lol, heh

RebelPhoenix
Um, I did a while ago and already posted what you said in the Slytherin House so I'm not the one who has to get around wink lol if you were talking to me that is in the first place messed

Oh but one thing (and you don't have to answer cos it's rhetorical) - who on the bloody earth gave the second hufflepuff sis 5 as a total mark!!! *Sets the dogs on them* evil face

RoguePw25
Let the next challenge begins.
Now the winners have to come up with the next challenge-(U can use the Sorting Hat if you'd like, or you can get your Prefects to communicate betwwen houses)
And like RebelPhoe said, Gryffindor and Slytherin--behave! lol laughing

Kitoky
So like since we have this whole thing with Gryff's and Slyth's biting at each other can Huff's and Raven's bite at each other?

angel

RebelPhoenix
I don't see why not wink but maybe Gryff and Slyths are bad examples, we shouldn't be promoting inter house biting lol angel

Kitoky
But biting is fun...sad

RebelPhoenix
Note:

Next time I think all the votes/explanatory notes/scores should be submitted in this thread rather then PM'ed - that way it's open, everyone can see what everyone gave each other and that's that, no arguing or confusion. That way at least everything can be added up and seen that it's done properly by the whole 'school' hence the Heads wont have to take responsibility when people disagree with things because the way we just did things now - no one really knows who gave who what scores except for mine which I accidentally posted in here, only the Heads know and that creates suspicion.

Unicor777
Rule proposal: The judging prefects should not award points for their own house; they can rate the other houses but not their own!

What you say tassie?

*Georgina_A*
I personally think that's a good rule.

Joy2dWorld
me too!

RoguePw25
I for one agree. The Prefects should defanitly not judge there own houses.

And currently, are the Slytherins and Gryffindor's thinking of the next challenge??? Rember to get your Prefects to communicate in the others common rooms.
Um .. . so, try to have the next challenge by Friday? Is that good??

Orli'sElf7
so are we agreed that house prefects cannot judge their own entries?? well then we have to make sure the prefects of each houses are unbiased...slytherin and gryff lol ^_^. well do we have another challenge idea??? joy2daworld had one!

Unicor777
and perhaps to make it more interesting the judging committe this time can be composed by:

1. One Hufflepuff prefect
2. One Ravenclaw prefect

In case that both of them decide for one of the compiting house, then:

3. One of the Head boy or Girl (heads will decide among them selves. them

The judging head will have to exercise extreme objective approach!

-----------
If you agree with this, then Tassie (not Tossie) add another rule, under chapter games:

xxx. When two houses compete, in the final match, if it comes to that, then the judging committee will be composed of non-competing houses prefects and one of the heads!

Accio Rule!

Unicor777
I deserve a drink after this!

A.D. Skinner
Well well well...what do we have here ??? evil face

A Slytherin Prefect ! Yes folks...tis I, your lovely Slytherin Prefect with the new challenge. And as the 1st challenge was a bit easier than this...I suggest that we are given a bit more time to complete this task. Should we set the completion date for 04/30/2004 ? That gives each house a little over a week to complete this task.

"A New HP Song Challenge"

1. Only 1 Song Entry Per House

2. Only 1 Prefect per house will judge

3. Each Judging Prefect will judge only the entries of the 3 other houses, meaning he/she will NOT be allowed to judge the entry from his/her own house.

4. Each entry must use the names of each of the houses ( Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Griffindor, Slytherin )

eezy45
what kind of song? with musical notation?

TiffanyRae
I had the same question...

A.D. Skinner
5. Songs should be in a standard musical format. At least 4 verses, and 2 Chorus.

RoguePw25
That sound good. big grin
I do agree that this challenge should be due 4-30, just so that everyone has enough time to be informed on the challenge and get working on it. But because of this, I think that if your house do not make the deadline, that you are deducted 5 points for a late entry.

I would suggest that all Prefects contact the members of there house, telling them about this challenge and inviting them to join you. That way, everyone's working on the challenge.

PLEASE NOTE: Everyone, please remind the people in your house that only Prefects can post in others common's room. This rule has been in affect for awhile and if caught doing so, will cost your house points. Just in case you didn't know, now you do

tassie
great, our next challenge! But quite next friday due?
oh well

So, this is like the sorting hat song, you mean?

Kitoky
Songs!?!?

SONGS?!!??!

SONGS?!?!

tassie
oh, i only just saw this..

yeah, please messed ^^ it's getting really chatty in this thread

Only your common room and the sorting thread is open to everyone, unless you're submitting an entry for a challenge here, of course..

Or you're a prefect... with a cause for posting in other common rooms, and not just posting in every thread you can, for posting's sake cool

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>