Parents of "Weird Al" killed by Carbon Monoxide

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roundisfunny
Here's the story on Yahoo. Tragic.

The "Weird Al" forum is abuzz with sympathy posts, etc. If you're a fan, bop on over there. www.weirdalforum.com

ElectricBugaloo
that sucks

badkittykitty
wow thats really awful news sad

BackFire
That's a shame. Big shame.

total metalhead
oh god thats terrible. Poor Al sad

ElectricBugaloo

§pearhead
S'a shame. really...sad

el_barto
rip sad

StinkFist462
oh well... jus listen to one Weird al song and you will get over it big grin

roundisfunny

StinkFist462
done big grin

Darth Revan
sad

SlipknoT
that sucks Weird Al is so funny

N.Tonks
That sucks sad

Lord Soth
crybaby

roundisfunny
Sorry to clutter this thread with an only slightly-related gripe, but here goes. I went to the Weird Al forum and made a couple of sincere, heartfelt posts about that topic (along the lines of how I, as a fellow fan, shared in their collective grief, etc).

I then wondered how much the NRDC would get in memory of Nick and Mary Yankovic. As they are unlikely to reveal such information, I thought I'd put up a poll asking "Have you contributed, yes or no?" This way, anyone who contributed could say so anonymously.

The thread was closed 12 minutes later by a typically terse and power-tripping moderator's broadsword. The only explanation given was that s/he thought it was an inappropriate question to ask. I disagree vehemently, but I'm not about to go up against a god--I mean mod--in ANY forum, much less in one in which I have only 3 posts.

It's one of the perpetually annoying injustices within our Internet social structure, but at least I can come to this forum and vent about it a little.

ragesRemorse
oh darn, let me go light a candle. what a big damn deal, and i mean that in the most sincere way

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.