The Terminator Versus Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scifigunslinger
Which Film comes in first place, then second, then third.

alic88
TERMINATOR 2, TERMINATOR 3, THE TERMINATOR

Leobrn12
yup t2, then t3, then the terminator

JRatT12
I think it goes T2 T1 then T3. I think I like T1 more then T3 simple because I have seen it way way way more times so this could change when i get T3 DVD

alic88
i love t3, it really is an awesome movie, especially the action scenes. i loved the story no matter what people say. what is wrong with the story? it is coooooooool. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY THE ENDING SUCKED. i mean the ending was the best part! i mean they weren't just gonna blow skynet up and then again judgement day wouldn't happen. that would've have SUCKED. but now the movie is WIDE OPEN

chica16
the only thing good about T3 is the action... the story was not so good, i didn't like it

1. T2
2. T1
1384747238974893792843253. T3

CoCooN
Terminator 2 is the best in TERMINATOR TRILOGY...on the second place is T1 and the last T3...

dulobast25
typical responses, but hell no the terminator was by a distant stretch the best of the trilogy and had nothing to do with it being the first. I even knew people who 10 year ago disagreed, but as time went on and as they watched both over and over came to the conclusion that t1 was better. Even people who never saw t1 after seeing t3 and then seeing t1 said t1 was wayy better than t3. And too many of you don't rmembet the long lsit of fan who wer freakin' pissed that arnold went good. Too many people don't remeber that and were too young to really view him any other way. Many who liked t2 better were little whrn they saw t2 and never saw t1 until later after they were older and already saw t2. Most who like t1 better saw it in that order and compared it along the way.. how it should be and in it's context. You can't watch a 91 or 2003 movie and then go back to 84 and compare without a little context.. i mean the exorcist is one of the creppiest movies of all time of all history and yet most people who were not around and are desensitized like 12 year old of today can watch the movie and not beat all scared by it. Does that mean that the ring was a better movie that the excorcist, No, it means than the context is wrong and the sonic technology has improved and special efffect technology has improved, but that doesn't make the ring a better movie than the exorcist. sam thing here.

#1 the terminator
#2 terminator 2
#3 the matrix
#4 bean
#5 (i stayed home and watched t1 and t2)
#6 t3

CoCooN
I was born in the same year like John (1985), and the first movie I saw was T2 and at that time I was 6 years old, and 1 month later when I first time T2 a girlfriend bought me Terminator 2 movie (VHS)...I went crazy about that movie, every day i watched it, i know every word T-101 said, everythink!...2 years later I saw T1 and it was quite more scary than T2 - specialy on the end when T-101 lost it's skin... but the first place get T2 it deserve that place... 1 year ago (2002) i bought CD of Terminator 2 - the best sountracks ever. When I play half life i give T2 soundtracks and you get feeling like you're watching the next terminator movie - try that....

1#T2
2#T1
3#Saving private Ryan
19374830242038472#Scooby doo
19374830242038273#T3

masterofmatrix
why does everyone think t3 is rubbish i loved it i think it is the best movie ever it even beats matrix reloaded (to my standerds) so heres my list:

1:T3
2:T2
3:THE TERMINATOR

CALL ME CRAZY ALL YOU WANT I WONT CHANGE MY MIND UNTILL T4 :THE WAR BEGINS, COMES OUT

dulobast25
t3 is far from the best movie ever and the rmatrix reloaded sucked too, there is no way t3 is before t1 or t2. And t1 was way more sinister adn intenses that t2 or t3 and like i said, most people who like t2 better watched t2 first. Pont proven. like watching alien 2 before alien and then saying alien was not as good as alien2 when the movies are 10 or 15 years apart

chica16
1. LOTR
2. T2
3. Star Wars
4. T1
30498324. The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
3940329840328409932. T3

dulobast25
just watched making of t1 and t2. Scenes removed from t1 were the content of t2, Otherwise if they were never removed, there would have been no t2. I'm even more convinced the t1 was better than t2

P-NuT
sounds like some ppl didnt like T3

what about smoken loken though...oh yeh smokin' love

woowoo
T1 was by far the best one, I mean c'mon look at Sara Conner's hair! The 80's had the best hair of all time. T2 was second because the T1000 was so liquidy! He could change into anything he wanted to. Sadly in this one, Sara loses the cool hair, but she buffs up to cock the shotgun, HARDCORE! T3 was ok, but it seemed to be a remake of the second, only with a crappier robot. Granted she could control machines, but her endoskeleton made her vulnerable to physical attack. The T1000 could let bullets pass through him like nothing. Not to mention the bad Arnie jokes... like the part where he knocks her down the elevator and says, "she'll be back" , I mean c'mon where is your dignity? T4 better rock or I'm going to sue!!

JRatT12
I reason I think T2 Is better then T1 is because I grow up on T2 it was the first movie I can remember seeing in the movie theater. I have seen the T1 like a thousand times and I know all the words but I still like T2 better because I grew up with it. If i had been born a few year early it would probably be the other way around

CoCooN
Who thinks T3 is better then T2 and T1, was born yesterday i guess.....

dulobast25
in oall objectivity like i said people who gre up on t2 think it's better than t1 and also true with t3.. But in actuallity especially if watching the making ot t1 on the special edition dvd (other voices) the terminator was the best one.. The frst one had the best plot, the best acting, the most relentless and scary cyborg .. the most evil.. the most menacing. Scene for scene, t1 was better. And it managed to have a love scene, yet, less boring parts and still less dead time.. ti was too the point with action after action they kept it clean and fast paced. T2 and a long dead middle part and t3 had a long boring beginning and a long rv boring scene. and a long boring ending after the arnie died.

vrdict t1

JRatT12
I think you could be Right Dulobast25 i have the original versons of bolth T1 and T2 i do think that the story is slitly strong in T1 and i think if i get the new versions it could surpase T2...or maybe not i got to go get them one of these days

dulobast25
well james cameron took some scenes out because the storyline was already excellent and he didn't want to water down the movie.. after all it was still an action movie. When you play the new version with improved sound it will bring the terminar up to 1991 standards in terms of the feel of the movie. Also, when fans see the "other voices documentary..." they will be blown away by what the terminator team had to do to sell the movie.. all the big companies wouldn't touch it and when a freind of the producer at orian agrred to see it, it blew them away. think about it, the terminator went from a budget movie that nobody would touch to after t1 came out, the next company threw down 100 millloion dollars becuse the first was so excellent and arnie got a leer jet for his role.....from 100 million to 170 is a 70 million jump for t3, but inflation was part of it, increased salaries (arnie got 30 miliion) let you know that the jump in budget between the first two was much steeper.. i think the first cost like 7 million.. I'll have to re check. It was the excellence of t1 that made companie like c2 and warnee brothers step up to the plate for the sequels...If anyone has any doubt how well t1 was made, compare it to all the installments of the later filmed robocop and the 1984 is a higher quality film in everyway over roborcop of any year. People forget that t1 is 20 years old.. How many movies can withstand after so many years and still seem high tech. Look at t2 it's been twe;lve years and look how well it's lasted (not quite the same but still worth mentioning). There is so much to be said about the terminator. I have played it for many people who never saw t1 and where dumbfounded and wanted to see t2. Many had seen t2 and never saw t1 and when the saw it, they wer blwn away.. even after seeing t2 first. Yeah, many reveiwer and seasoned critics.. all who like t2 feel that t1 is the better crafted of the two.

skule
leave mah woman alone man!!!!!! (goes off to dream about her)

alic88
LOL! hey terminator 2 is the best of the three but the terminator 3 is also excellent, not as good but excellent! an excellent part 3, no one was xpectin a story like this, i think v were all pleasantly surprised after watchin t3

dulobast25
LOL! hey terminator 2 is the best of the three(NOW WE ARE TALKIN) but the terminator 3 is also excellent,(WELL?) not as good (TRUE)but excellent! an excellent part 3, no one was xpectin a story like this,(SOME WERE) i think v were all pleasantly surprised (MANY UNPLEASNTLY SURPRISED)after watchin t3

not bad review for someon who thinks others are idiots

The_Atlas
... T1 and T2 are far superior to T3.

1. T1
2. T2
3. Alien
... *3 hours later*
5024121342411. Dr. Jackle and Mr. Hyde 1999 additon... *Takes a deep breath*
5024121342412. Terminator 3...

dulobast25
Finally, some more people that make sense......I agree Atlas. they are superior. but the comparison police arounf the forum dont think we should compare any of the terminator films

alic88
plz dont! v all no that the first 2 are better. but t3 is very good. STOP COMPARING IT WITH THE FIRST2. FOR HEAVENZ SAKE

dulobast25
the comparison police are back... and frankly it is not true that everybody thinks the first 2 are better than 3 that is an assumption..I have seen too many that think t3 is the best of the three
But hey that's 2 things we agree on i think the first 2 were better than the third.. i just hopr the fouth will be better than t2 and t3

alic88
well then dont waste your time changin their opinion. they have the right

dulobast25
I'm not wasting time and i'm not trying to change opinion, I have factual basis for eveything i say, not just' hey don't compare stuff..and t3 was great...and the story followed so well..and uhh we all know t3 was not as good' non true and nothing based either on movie or on fact. We all have the right...as i have the right to compare what i want...at least i back mine up with fact

ragesRemorse
When i walked out of T-3 it was one of those moments when you walk out of a movie and you say to yourself "well im not getting those two hours back" having an in operable tumor on the base of your spine is more exciting and original than this peice of crap, even cameron diddnt want anything to do with it, when he was asked to direct it he said only if he had script rights but when turned down and given the script he refused and said i quote "after reading the script for T-3 i regret co-oping my franchise rights" so for all you fans hopin for a cameron return in T-4 be dissapointed my ass shits out more creativity than was given in T-3 it felt like i was watching a bad remake of T-2
T1 and t2 compliment each other so well its like a band losing a key member they should just live on in memory and be what other people base music upon

alic88
i loved t3. as i said, most people think differently. they like t3. but u have every right 2 say that it is not good.

Lt.Columbo
T3
T2
T1
T3 is now in my top 3!

alic88
i told u it would b good. but t2 was better. t3 was excellent following something like t3

R'John'P
T3 is better than the first two if you take it as an action movie but, as a terminator move, it sucked i mean c'mon. The way we are going t4 will be a PG and T5 a U. We better have a film that lives up to the standards of T1 and T2 otherwise, there will be hell up. Anyways, all arnie will be needed for is VO's in the fourth since it has to be in the future..... oh well, n/m. I enjoyed it.

alic88
i agree. t3 is not better than the first 2. but as an action movie i think it totally rules

ragesRemorse
Aww man i dont know how you guys can say this about T3 being a great action movie, granted the pace keeps up but all the action in this movie has been done bigger and better in T2 in fact this whole movie seemed like a bad remake of T2. i thought the t-1000 was a better villian as well just seemed to have more emotion even though it was emotionless it just seemed un relenting and murderous

alic88
u gotta just accept the fact that cameron didn't direct it. thatz the best way 2 c terminator3.

Lt.Columbo
I know I should, but I don't realy pay attention to who directed a film. I just go and see it. I think that when a film is directed by someone, but the sequal is directed by someone different, people who liked the first director, and wanted him/her to direct the second go to see the mvie in a bad mood and say they don't like on pupose. Or at least in magasine reviews they seem to.

dulobast25
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10845&item=3621349592

alic88
the people who didn't like t3 were the onez who had made up their mind before even seeing the movie that it was going 2 suck since cameron didn't direct it. they will obviously never admit that

ragesRemorse
columbo-........................"people who liked the first director, and wanted him/her to direct the second go to see the mvie in a bad mood and say they don't like on pupose.".............Yeah i did say that on purpose because the movie was garbage, and as far as you alic assuming you know what im thinking about me making up my mind before i saw it.. well NO i actually held high hopes for this movie i could care less who the directors of movies are i mean i may remember them if the have consistantly bad movies or great spectular ones. The directing of the movie is what sucked about this peice of crap it was the script, and the acting and the action and the dialouge but the way the movie was peiced together was the only decent thing about this travesty. im sorry i hold higher standards to movies than useless dribble so find another reason other than im broken hearted about cameron not directing this movie to go on about, i could care less about him not directing im just upset that it wasnt as entertaining as the alst two thats all and seeing how this thread is about T2 VS T3 well i was just giving to the topic at hand but terminator 3 was horrid crap amongst the garbage ranks of battlefeild Earth, and the Postman.. well im sorry those movies were atleast fun to hate

moviebuff
now this is a must read 4 those who think t3 sucks-everyone thinks tht something was lacking in t3,it didnt have the t2 feeling.thats nt because of the movie its because the cast is different .now wat did u expect old sarah running and coughing and edward furlong running on drugs.if t3's would have been in t2 and t2's cast in t3 then people would have said tht there was no nick in t3 and i dint like linda hamilton in t3-IT SUCKED.coz it doesnt have the feeling of t2 having nick and claire.so its like that .the most important thing is to get rid of the habit of comparing things.t3 was awesome!now ragesremorse just admitted tht he enjoys hating movies,tht gives u an idea tht some people r just here 2 pass their never ending free time and waste our time.i dont understand that why do those people who didnt like t3 enter this forum,y dont they just **** OFF?

ragesRemorse
Hmm well moviebuff i came in this forum because its T2-VS-T3 and i liked the fact that they changed the characters i just wish they would have chosen talented ones they were just filled with actng cliches, i diddnt not like T3 because of the new characters or the director change i just diddnt like it because it was garbage, there was nothing new or original in that movie it was the same basic plot of the first two a machine comes back to try and destroy john connor to stop the resistance, in the second one they changed it enough to where it could be accepted like a twist on which machines came back, why and for what reasons, this one was just a regurgitation of the first two and offered nothing new except the fact that there will be another movie so please stop trying to amke up reasons why people dont like this movie, you talk about someone wasting there time, your the one trying to figure out why people hated this movie instead of just voiving an opinion

alic88
NICK STAHL IS THE MOST TALENTED ACTOR IN HOLLYWOOD RIGHT NOW. HE WILL GET AN OSCAR

ragesRemorse
yeah i totaly agree with you, he surley is the most talented actor of crap movies OSCAR?? MORE like a rasberry award smile

alic88
u r so dumb, ur crazy

Lt.Columbo
I wasent even talking about you ragesRemorse. I was just saying something I've seemed to have noticed, because I saw someone mention the word Director and it just made me remember. I don't want to make any enimies, sorry if I offended you. There is one thing, did you actually give the movie a chance, coz you seem to hate it alot.

ragesRemorse
yeah sorry if i came off offensive columbo diddnt mean to i was just so very let down by this film i get upset everytime im reminded about it, yeah i did give it a chance but after a half hour i was making up reasons not to leave right after the first encouter with t-800 and TX, again this is just my opinion like what you want and dont let me deturr you from that as if my words could ever do that, i came in just trying to give a post on T2-vs-T3 and im still rambling on

Ambarturion
I just watched T3 tonight. And while I didnt hate it, and liked parts of it, I left disappointed. I`m gobsmacked that people actually consider the third film the best. Both of the first two are so much better.

This one came across as a averagely done remake of T2. It had some impresive destruction and some lovely explosions but as far as character, suspense, plot and everything else went, it was simply done better in T1 and T2.

I love both of the first two but I think T2 just edges out T1 for best film, with T3 distant third.

ragesRemorse
the only part i liked is when arnold put on the pink sunglasses as if it was making fun of itself for being such a bad movie , again i dont wanna piss anyone off just an opinion of mine

Ambarturion
Some of that stuff was pretty funny, there was a bit too much of it though. And what humor there was started to get a bit flat half way through.

That`s saying nothing about the one liners. Arnie`s last two were especially dodgy.

ragesRemorse
yeah it seemed most of the script and diaogue contained nothing but an overshadow of T-2 and a whole lot of unessicary Zingers, When he said we need a new car i just wanted to bust out with no shit! they did indeed get old and tired

alic88
I LOVE T3

Rhubarb Man
Good for you

moviebuff
u know what? thts good 4 a majority of people in the world.

Lt.Columbo
"Talk to the hand!"---I thought that was very funny!

Ambarturion
It may be good for some people now, who are distracted by the pretty explosions and Arnie walking around looking cool. Whether it`ll be loved to the same extent T1 and T2 are in ten years is another thing entirely.

moviebuff
u r right ambarturion ,T3 wont b loved as much as T1 and T2 but i cant digest people saying that T3 sucked.

Lt.Columbo
You can't just say it wont be loved, until in ten years time it is'nt.

Ambarturion
The thing is that both of the first two are still critically acclaimed and well liked by fans. T3 hasnt won over a lot of the fans or critics, and that`s just within a few weeks/months of release.

It just doesnt bring anything new to the story, just a rehash of T2 for the first half and a pretty sketchy end of the world setup in the last half hour.
I mean, look at Alien: Resurrection. It was a pretty dodgy effort that isnt going onto anyone`s favourite films list, even though it was received reasonably well on release.

ragesRemorse
aliens ressurection just lured fans into the theater and since there are so many thats why it did so well even though none of the fans liked the movie, i think its the same for the most part of T3 seeing how Terminator has a wider fan base itll attract even more people regaurdless if they enjoy it or not itll still bring atleast a few million fans into the theaters and then all the people who enjoyed it which they prolly see it more than ounce

JediAnakin
you must be frigging joking!!

Scooby doo sucked major balls!!
T3 was better than Matrix Reloaded..

alic88
i have 2 agree with moviebuff. u can say all u want bout t1 and t2 being heck lot better than n e movies but i just cant digest the fact that some of u r saying that it sucks. please!

ragesRemorse
damn if you cant even digest well then it doesnt suck as bad as suck might be thought as, ill rephrase my words it doesnt suck just a failed atempt, and you shouldnt be pissed about other people saying T3 sucked cuz were the minority here more people liked it than not

alic88
this is not the only terminator forum, in the other forums everyone is praising it. and it is not A FAILED ATTEMPT. it was very well made. not 3/4 as good as the first 2. coz i never expected it to be. thats ur problem. u'll just BASH IT OUT in whatever way u can

ragesRemorse
yeah because it ruined the terminator franchise its sucks beyond the point that i cant find a word shitty enough to describe the suck ness of the movie, 95% of movie critics hailed this movie as the worst let down in the past decade, and so did most all of the terminator fans, ok maybe i compare it to T2 thats just because thats where they got the basis for this whole damn peice of shit movie, when a movie has nothing original borrows everything it is off of its predessors and then passes itself off as original its not even a movie, its what you call a failed attempt

alic88
it didnt RUIN THE FRANCHISE. it didn't carry on the legacy! something in between. u'll c, when t4 comes ur gonna c. its gonna break box office records. t3 is the second highest grossing movie worldwide in 2003. u call it a failed attempt or whatever it is

moviebuff
oh dear what a pity i dont understand what u r talking bout whih critic said that T3 sucked . everyone has said that this is a good entertainer but a smaller cousin 2 the first 2 movies.the only 2 or 3 critics that are those i have found here mate. i have joined many other web forums but i have never found any other critic and as i said the worldwide collections tell the story.

gregmss
Never give out your password or credit card number in an instant message conversation.

Fred says:
Hello
Jack says:
hi
Fred says:
What are you doing?
Jack says:
iam surfing the net
Fred says:
oh
Jack says:
have u seen the hulk movie
Fred says:
No
Jack says:
have u seen any thing lateley
Fred says:
Pirates Of The Caribean

Waiting for Fred to accept the file "Pirates of the Caribbean.doc" (206 Kb, less than 2 minutes with a 28.8 modem). Please wait for a response or Cancel (Alt+Q) the file transfer.

Jack says:
it is good isnt it
Fred says:
Sure is!
Fred says:
Have YOU seen it?
Jack says:
accept my item

Transfer of file "Pirates of the Caribbean.doc" has been accepted by Fred. Starting transfer...

Jack says:
yay
Fred says:
yay

We could not send this file because the connection is blocked. Please contact your network administrator or Internet service provider; they may be able to enable file transfers.

Fred says:
Do'h
Fred says:
This always happens
Jack says:
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

You have invited Fred to start using worms2. Please wait for a response or Cancel (Alt+Q) the pending invitation.

You have invited Fred to start using Frogger. Please wait for a response or Cancel (Alt+Q) the pending invitation.

You have invited Fred to start using Frogger. Please wait for a response or Cancel (Alt+Q) the pending invitation.

Fred does not have worms2 installed (or it is disabled) and is not able to accept your invitation.

Fred does not have Frogger installed (or it is disabled) and is not able to accept your invitation.

Fred does not have Frogger installed (or it is disabled) and is not able to accept your invitation.

Jack says:
i leaned on thew mouse
Fred says:
WHY??
Jack says:
my arm
Fred says:
Are you going back to ESTA?
Jack says:
yes
Fred says:
Have you paid yet?
Jack says:
no
Fred says:
We are just filling in the forms
Jack says:
whaaaaassssssuupppppp
Fred says:
??
Fred says:
You seem different when you are not at ESTA??
Jack says:
i went to see the rugrats movie
Fred says:
I really want to see that. But in't it an 18?
Jack says:
you silly
Jack says:
#

You have invited Fred to start using Whiteboard. Please wait for a response or Cancel (Alt+Q) the pending invitation.

Fred does not have Whiteboard installed (or it is disabled) and is not able to accept your invitation.

Fred says:
???????
Jack says:
come here
Fred says:
Where?
Fred says:
What?
Fred says:
Who?
Fred says:
When?
Jack says:
nope
Fred says:
Banana?

Your invitation to join this conversation could not be delivered to [email protected].

Fred says:
HELLO?
Fred says:
Are you okay?
Fred says:
JACK??
Jack says:
no
Fred says:
ANYONE??

Jack says:
eh
Fred says:
eh?
Jack says:
wheres that other guy
Fred says:
Who?
Jack says:
matrix fann
Fred says:
Ohhhhh, Neo
Jack says:
yes
Fred says:
I don't know!!
Jack says:
and your monkey
Fred says:

Jack says:

Fred says:
Your right! It's my cousin's Birthday!
Jack says:
yay
Fred says:
+ = + =
Fred says:
Isn't maths fun?
Jack says:
i am queen william hague
Fred says:
Right.
Jack says:
slap
Jack says:
talk to me
Fred says:
Hello
Jack says:
u dont no who ghgfj
Fred says:
What?
Jack says:
yes
Fred says:
No
Jack says:
gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Fred says:
Who are you?
Jack says:
Jack Odlybald archibald masino
Fred says:
I thought so. Hi Jack!
Jack says:
so
Fred says:
Have you got The Sims?
Jack says:
yes
Fred says:
Any extra packs?
Jack says:
yes
Fred says:
What
Jack says:
hot date
Fred says:
Any others?
Jack says:
no
Fred says:
Cool.

ragesRemorse
yeah and home alone was also the highest grossing movie of that year and thats a peice of shit as well, most people go to movies to forget about what ever is going on and loud noises followed by eye candy makes that very simple, simple minded people are swayed very simply. Rolling stones magazine does a report on movies after a month of opening taking all the rivews by critics and fans , and grossings and all that crap any way it said out of all the fans asked about the movie it was given a 7/10 critics it came to 4/10 i dont usually care what most critics think but when its a majority vote then most times there right and in this case they are, T3 was nohting but a clone of T2 without the soul

Lt.Columbo
I like Home alone! I have the fist two on video. The third one was rubbish though! Anyway, it realy depends one opinion of what you think is a good film, coz I thought T-3 was excellent!

alic88
i just checked it. t3 is second highest grossing movie worldwide 2003. u only think nationally. america is not the only place. terminator is a very global type of movie

ragesRemorse
ummm what? pull the dick out of your eye and read, because if your talking to me i never said terminator 3 wasnt the second highest grossing movie of 2003i just said its one of the worst movies of 2003

alic88
thats wht u say! u r crazy man! GET A FUC*** life. u just bash it out like its sh**. u need to stop acting that way. im not kidding

alic88
u can say it wasn't a good movie and wht needs 2 b corrected, but u cant bash it out like that.

ragesRemorse
yes i can and ido, and let me get this straight if i need to get a life for voicing an opinion about how much this movie blows the big nasty one, the voice that you keep fueling. but if i need to get a life for bashing this movie that would mean you need to get a life from praising this movie this horrible useless un entertaining movie. You praise as much as i bash

alic88
i just looked at your profile. u r not even a fan of any of the terminator movies. u just came here 2 talk bullsh** and drive us all nuts. y the hell r u doing this?! go 2 ur kevin smith fanclub and get the hell outta here since u r not even a fan of any of the movies

ragesRemorse
ive been a terminator fan since i first saw the original terminator, since then i been reading the comics and watching the first two movies growing up. just because i diddnt list them as fav movies doesnt mean i dont like them im not gonna go and bullshit people just because i feel like it im not like that . and you dont have to bust a gasket i diddnt i diddnt mean to offend YOU just the movie. Its just my opinion

alic88
i give up, say whatever u want

Ambarturion
You give up what exactly? Trying to convince him to like T3?
He isnt trying to make you hate it. He`s just expressing his opinion, and giving reasons for it. Which is more than you have done I might add.

You gush incessantly about this film, claiming that everybody else loves it and ignoring the many legitimate problems people have with the film.
You claim that since it`s made a fair bit at the box office, like it`s some sort of plus point. That doesnt make it a good film. A lot of the box office take for T3 will be from fans who like the first two films, who can`t exactly take their money back if they aren`t satisfied.

You act outraged when people bash the film and ask why they don`t just leave.
They are fans of the series too you know, they`re opinion is just as valid as yours.

moviebuff
rages just tell us what do u like?we will all just talk about that.

alic88
i dont want him 2 like it. i just want him to bash it out like that. it makes me sad, i know it shouldn't but it does, please show a bit more respect, try 2 give it a chance when the dvd comes. i mean u can say u dont like it and it lacked in a things but no like: THE WORST MOVIE OF 2003. i mean,c'mon man have some peace here

zombieluigi
1. Terminator 1
2. Terminator 2
3. Terminator 3

zombieluigi
Terminator 1 seemed have an atmosphere that the rest didn't have. T2 and T3 had plenty of action mixed with some moments that would make you laugh. Also make-up details were different and computer effects were used. Terminator 1 had something the others didn't. Terminator 1 was a very dark film which seemed to make more sense in certain areas. For example, in Terminator 2 and 3 Arnold always seemed to wear the sunglasses, however he would only wear them sense they were his trademark look for a terminator. Terminator 1 was what ofcourse started it all, but in T1 he didn't wear them because he felt like it or because he looked "cool", but because he was trying to hide his ugly gash which destroyed his Human-eye and revealed his Cyborg-eye and so he used the sunglasses so he wouldn't blow his human appearance. This look seemed to work well for him so they continued to use it in the following movies, but realistically a terminator would care less about how he looks and would simply think about getting it's job done without revealing itself i.e. killing or protecting John Connor. Also, the terminator was mostly silent and said very little dialogue in Terminator 1 which made him more intimidating. He definitely wasn't the social type and didn't show any facial enthusiasm and always managed to keep a straight face. These are simply my opinions about the trilogy.

alic88
terminator 1 is an awesome movie. maybe even the best considering it was 20 yearz ago. arnold was so scary in that 1.arnold still scares me even if i watch it today( not scary but u no more like, cant put it into words) and kyle reese was cool. but didn't like sarah in that film. but in t2, she was the best. she was the coolest! the best female character EVER!

ragesRemorse
yeah T3 had the highest movie budget to date, and i have to stop and ask often, what did they do with the money. half of T2 had better action and effects than all of T3 and had only half the budget T3 had

skule
i think most of it went for arnies pay cheque and the other half was for the crane scene. What ever left was payed to the other actors?

alic88
ya i know. 175 million? when i saw t2 and saw it took them 100 million i was like WOW, and when i saw t3 and 175 million i was like WTF?besides how on earth did mostow get that kind of budget?

T1 all the way baby. Sooooooooooooo much ****ing better than the others. HARDCORE TERMINATOR WOOHOO!
Then a tie between T2 and T3, i liked the ending to T3 much much much better. I thought T2 ending sucked ass, and everytime i watch that movie i end up daydreaming about something else, that's how freakin boring it can get.

Buzz
I personaly like the T-X because she is SUPER HOT and she is a pretty cool terminator as well the T-1000 is cool as well for me this is a hard dession can anyone helpme out

skule
this was discussed many times ina the last few months however i can see that you have just joined us so welcome. I think most of us had agreed the T1000 is far better.

moviebuff
welcome buzz to our killermovies forum. i think that as a machine t-x is better and as an actor T 1000 was better.

bad banana
Is this supposed to be which one is more physically appealing, which is a more efficient killing machine, or what? As for sensuality I would hope you would choose the T-X, but as for efficiency the T1000 advanced prototype would probably win. The T-X had its weakness in that it had a defined metal body. The T1000 was simply liquid metal that could always regenerate, even after being frozen with liquid nitrogen and shattered to pieces. How do you shoot something that takes no damage to its frame unless it's some sort of explosive device?

And I don't think acting was really a part of the question, but I'm not sure.

Buzz
I presonaly think the T-X better

pablo007
Yeah the TX would kick the T-1000's ass because it's more advanced and it's made it has a liquid metal covering an a metal endoskeleton. The T-1000 could only make sharp weapons like knives axes, machetes etc... And the T-X can make flamethrowes and plasma guns as seen in the movie. You guys just say the T-1000 because you like T2 better than T3.

Buzz
thats right if you guys liked T3 you would say that the T-X is better

bad banana
How about we use examples from movies instead of speculating affiliation associated with preference of film:

T-1000: At the end of T2 during the helicopter chase scene, the T-800 suddenly applies the brakes to the truck as the helicopter with T-1000 in it crashed into it, causing it to crumple, crash, and eventually explode.

T-X: At the end of T3, the T-800 makes his own dramatic entrance with a helicopter diving into the fall-out shelter, which consequently crashed into the T-X.

The result: The T-1000 promptly emerged from the scene unscathed and wasted no time to move on and find a new vehicle. The T-X lost her lower half of the body, thanks to her metal chasis. Ultimately its mobility and efficiency were severely hampered and that's basically how it failed. With the T-800 grabbing onto its tail it became useless. Imagine the T-800 grabbing the T-1000 -- what could you grab?? It would just shapeshift and slip away, being that it has no body.

Now, I do agree the T-X is radically advanced in that it is able to form complex machinery and moving parts involving chemicals, something the T-1000 is not capable of. In that regards I believe the T-X would make a more efficient terminator for humans; all it'd have to do is change its primary weapon into some sort of mass terminating projectile.

However, we were talking about head to head here, and I'd believe the T-1000 has the edge.

pablo007
Not the edge man, probably a tie but definetely not the edge.

ragesRemorse
T2 had suspense, it built up to the action which made the action all that more intense

alic88
terminator 2 RULES. i loved the t3 ending though. it was so classy

alic88
o k herez how it goes. everytime u shoot the t1000 it stops a bit, so when the tx will hit her rocket or whatever it is, it will stop the t1000 for sometime, say 15 seconds. during that time the tx will take her finger out and corrupt t1000's systems. its easy as that. but t1000 is far better when it comes 2 spy missions.

pablo007
Well yeah but not when it comes to combat.

skule
definatly the t1000 wins it kicks ass. just to repeat bad banana's explanation i totally agree the tx's solid metal endoskeleton is its weakness compared to the t1000's liquid polymer frame. In T2 when arnie is fighting in the smelting plant arnie tries to punch the t1000 in the face, it immediatly morphs where its face was now its both its hands holding arnie's fist and his body shifts to the side. That is already a more advance mechanism, the tx has the liquid polymer outer covering however it is only for morphing as a disguse on the outside, to pass of for someone else. i will explain it like this, if you take a mamal and break its back the mammal will die right, goes for elephants dogs man etc...i mean if u really break it into 2. Whereas if u take a starfish and break its into 2 ...each grows into 2 diffrent starfish. It adapts and quite advancely compared to to a mammal in that aspect. So the TX how ever cool had the weakness of its solid skeleton. T1000 did not, also i have read that scientist are now working on smart metals that can repair itself in an sense like the t1000/tx, imagine having a ding on ur car and it repairs itself! Cool huh. Oh tx had its on board weapons, which is the only plus point really. But a laser cannon that got damaged...and a flame thrower. T1000 could have stole a flame thrower and used it anyways. So definatly t1000 is better.
however this is just my opinon smile

skule
i hated the ending of t3 in the sense of, remeber when arnie jumps out of the chopper and slides to prevent the wall from closing, arnie is like in so much stress telling them we meet again ..now goo..and he is like out of breath as if he is human, but he is not, why did they not redo that scene, he is a machine, his voice does not have to alter as if he is suffering holding up the wall..know what i mean, u see that in t1 arnie acts perfectly as a cyborg. They keep making arnie more human he is a machine reprogrammed make him act like it accordingly!!! oh and remeber the tx as arnie shoved the cells into her mouth in t3 and her eyes are all scared like, christ i was like wtf is that!! is she a scared lil doggy now!!that was so cartoonish to me.

alic88
no i m talkin bout the ending after that ending. the 1 in which says: WHOZ INCHARGE, I AM

alic88
i was disappointed how tx died. the way she was screaming made it look more like an alien than a machine

skule
her expression was very cartoonish, shes a machine...no need for wide eyed expressions like that.

Ambarturion
T-1000, both as an infiltrator and in combat with the T-X ( which in my eyes isnt more advanced than a T-1000, it is a regular Terminator with some exotic new features borrowed from the T-1000 prototype)

The onboard weapons on the T-X are interesting but not decisive against another Teminator. Apart from the plasma cannon most of them are pretty conventional and would be of no use against a T-1000. (even the plasma cannon is of questionable use. It`d burn a little hole straight through a t-1000.. then what? it heals, thats what)
While I`m on the subject, where would the fuel for a flamethrower like that be kept? there`s no way you could store gallons of fuel in a little frame like that. Its a little too Inspector Gadget for me.

alic88
i agree. but thats not kristannaz fault. stan winston got a bit 2 over

alic88
but hez a genius, lets not forget that

alic88
did u c my explanation. dont u agree that when u shoot the t1000 it stops a bit, therez also a hole.so with the tx shooting its rocket thing it will stop for atleast 10-15 seconds for healing. while that time tx will use her finger and corrupt t1000s systems

bad banana
As usual I agree with Ambarturion. Note that the T-X does have a plasma-rocket thing, but it takes a while to load. The change in weaponry isn't instantaneous.

Have you seen how fast the T-1000 runs? I don't suppose he's just going to stand there and let the T-X load up its artillery. And in reference to a flamethrower, you've seen in T2 what fire does to the T-1000: absolutely nothing. It doesn't really even damage the T-800 if you refer to the first film. All it does is burn off its flesh.

alic88
i m talkin bout the tx rocket thing, the primary weapon. the weapon it used in the begining 2 knock the t-850 off. did u c how far he backed up. as for t1000, it will back 2 some extent. giving tx the chance

Ushgarak
If that plasma gun IS a plasma gun it would very likely kill the T-1000, as it would be hotter than the molten stuff that actually killed it in the second film.

JRatT12

alic88
hey jrat, i agree to everything u have said except u saying that tx is a t900. where did u get that from. t900 is something v will c in the t3game. tx has nothin 2 do with it.

pablo007
Now that I see everyone's point I can tell it would be a savage fight but the T-1000 takes a bit of time to turn into liquid. Remember the scene where him and Arnie are fighting in the mall, Arnold slams the T-1000 into walls and shit. If the T-1000 and TX were to fight like that the TX could corrupt it's system silently. And I doubt that they would ever fight each other since they both are from Skynet.

Buzz
The T-1000 would eventually win but it would take quite a while to kill the Terminatrix. One more thing How the hell dose the T-1000 work?

skule
i dont think u can explain how the t1000 works with current day physics and mechanics, its all fantasy (unlike star trek which uses current therotical examples of physics for its technology in the movie)
i do know or have read on scientist researching smart metals that are able to change its shape etc to its original form once its shape has been altered, how ever that is a far cry from having a cybernatic machine processing complex programs to carry out complicated tasks (such as termination etc) and also being to change its appereance to clone a human physic in 2 seconds! Unless there is some real true scientific explanation out there i could be wrong but i never came across it myself.

skule
hehe for me i can never blanme kristanna eh ....mmmmmmmmmmm

bad banana
Pablo - All the machiens come from Skynet. Whether they engage in combat is only a matter of who programmed it to do what. Remember, one of the themes of the original Terminator films is that machines are malleable, and neutral until programmed otherwise.

The T-1000 actually can change from human appearance to liquid form on cue. No time at all.

Skule- A hundred years ago the brightest scientists thought travel to the moon was a mere fantasy and impossible by any measure. Part of what makes the Terminator movies so intriguing is that there is a hint of possibility to them. The machines they create are radically advanced but not entirely out of reach; albeit it would be many decades or even centuries before anything of that magnitude could be produced.

The T-1000 is an advanced prototype, a mimetic poly-alloy (a fusion of different metals). Perhaps it is so advanced Skynet had only built one.

JRatT12

skule
thats right JRat, its really cool stuff and i know it will be the norm in the future whether it be near of far future remains to be seen. However its a far cry from the t 1000 at the moment but then again its is along the lines of a t 1000 as well and i am sure things will get to that level someday...some how...after all i heard a company is already researching future cellphones which is the speaker in the form of a ring like metal that u place on ur thumb and the mouthpiece u place on ur last finger and u hold ur thumb to ur year and ur last small finger to ur mouth, u know like the expression u make with ur hand saying call me. Never figured using that expression all these year that someday that will "be" my cellphone!!! Anyways going off track here, heh.

alic88
t900 is a completely different machine. u will c it in the t3 video game. get a terminator3 magazine 2 c its picture.it looks quite cool. still dont know what it can do

alic88
lol

moviebuff
alic u r a big time fan of the T franchise

alic88
thanxsmile

carnage713
this is my first time posting so bare with me.....

as far as tx vs. t1000 goes its hard to call but basically the tx is a far more advanced killing machine. 1) it has weapons such as plasma guns and flame throwers. 2) it can also control all machines.
As far as physicall abilities go the tx is smarter, and stronger then t1000. In my opinion there both equilly fast. The tx is a machine all it takes is one look at the t1000 and it can be easily identified. But it is vertually impossibe for the t1000 to identify the tx. in t2 the t1000 went around w/ a picture of john conner in order to find him. And lets face it the tx could have easily killed arnold in t3 but instead in decided to corrupt its system (bad idea). so in the actuall fight the only thing that gives the t1000 an advantage is that its very hard to kill. Now this is just an idea but if the t1000 died in lava which is very hot, couldnt the tx nuetrelize the t1000 with is plasma gun or wut ever and then melt it with the flame thrower? just and idea. but how could the t1000 kill the tx it can only form stabbing weapons, what the hell is that gonna do? the tx can form into people as well without the t1000 even knowing. if the t1000 pulled that it wud be easily identified. in my opinion the tx has the edge for all the reasons i listed. the t1000 is just hard to kill. dont forget the tx is an anti terminator trminator. shes been created to kill terminators.

thats all what do you guys think?

carnage713
ok i dont get how some ppl say that t3 sucked and never shud hav been made i know that james camron only intended for there to be 2 films but the third one had to of been made. the terminator series wud hav just sucked if they stoped at t2. i think johnathon mostow did i brillian job on this film (in my opinion) the special effects were better than before as well as the action. some of you people who say that t3 is the worst film of 2003 and cant even compare to t1 or t2 need to go watch ur terminator 1 and t2 video tapes a couple more hundred times cuz then maybee you'll relize that t3s not so bad. i mean wut did u expect from the movie. mostow did a good job and like i said t3 had to of been made in order to tell the whole story.

alic88
i agree pretty much

alic88
ya never thought bout that 1. what can the t1000 do, stab it, nothingz gonna happen. and as for the plasma gun, umm. i wish they had explained it. may b tx has a special weapon that can kill t1000

carnage713
they shud seriously have a fight betwwen the two weather or not its in t4 or if its in the comic this arguement needs 2 be settled

JRatT12

carnage713
if wut u say is true then in the scene were the t1000 is frozen by the liquid nitrogen and shattered into hundreds of peices how come it just simply regrougs. and yes there are many ways to kill the tx but stabbing weapons wont do much. i doubt that if 1 swing of the t1000s arm( modeled as a blade) can decapitate the tx , its gunna put up a fight it is stronger and smarter. and nobody nows much about this PLASMA CANNON it might be able to kill the t1000 instantly. the tx is a anti terminator terminator it is made for that stuff. the tx is a more effective KILLING MACHINE not model. as the t1000 is just hard to kill, sure stabbing weapons kills people easily but slicing through an endoskeleton (METAL) the t1000 most likely aint strong enuff. we know enfact very little about the t1000 we just know hes made of liquid alloy there could infact be many ways to destroy him but only 1 was displayed ( in t2)

Ambarturion
Whatever would happen, it would take a long time.
It`s irresistable force meets immovable object.

The T-1000 would simply have no choice but to wear down the T-X through attrition, like it did in T2. It couldnt kill the T800 straight out with stabbing weapons so it just pummelled the hell out of it until it couldnt take anymore. It basically just outlasted it (until it fell into the liquid metal anyway).

T-X would have to do pretty much the same thing. It`s main methods for dealing with other conventional Terminators wouldnt work.
The flamethrower would not work on the T-1000, the heat would be nowhere near hot enough. The liquid metal in T2 was hundreds and hundreds of degrees, whereas the flamethrower is basically ignited fuel (which the T-1000 had no problems with in the Truck crash in T2, it was a firestorm which the T-1000 just strolled out of.).
The plasma cannon idea might have been worth considering if it wasnt for the fact that in T3 we see an obselete T-800 series take a blast in the chest and walk away with little more than some partially melted chest plating.

So once the weapons are out of the way, youve got a hand to hand fight (for want of a better term).
The T-1000 was able to pound a T-800 to pieces, while throwing it around like a rag doll. Without it`s weaponry the T-X is just a smaller T800 with some optional extras and exotic camouflage.
Added to the fact that the T-X has no real way of causing permanent damage to the T-1000, I don`t see how the T-X would stand a chance.

Ambarturion
`the terminator series wud hav just sucked if they stoped at t2`

Umm.. No
The Terminator films before T3 are classics. Whatever your opinion of T3 is, the first two are brilliant. Even if a third hadnt been made they would still be great.

carnage713
ok i never said that the first two arent classics indeed they are ( no arguement there ) t3 was made for a reason the fans demanded it. if you look at the terminator series as a WHOLE theres a definate need for t3. t1 left you thinking theres gutta be another one. t2 left you on the edge thinkin the same thing. same goes for t3 lets face facts t4 will be made we will indeed all go and see it thats how the terminator series keeps goin it keeps you wonderin. granted t3 aint no t2 (nor will it ever be a t2) but t3 was made the best it cud hav been made in my opinion it was worth my 6$.

JRatT12

alic88
i just think v need 2 wait for this. may b they will show it in the beckett comics

alic88
definately. watched it 5 times

carnage713
i think the two need to duke it out in the comics

moviebuff
i think the answer is simple- T X is better coz in T3 they say that T X is an anti terminator terminator but still it would be damn cool to see the 2 fight.

carnage713
ya i agree

shes made for that stuff

dulobast25
there is a lot of garbage out there regarding the tx being a better terminator than t-1000. we have to base the capabiliites of each unit based on what we have seen in the movies. Most people make the conncetion that since the tx is an advance model that it is more advance thaan t-1000, there is no proof of that. The t-1000 was also more advance than arnie...destroying eithr was unlikely. Notice the t-100 was not mentioned in t3? There must be a multi pronged approach to which is a superior terminator. The purpose of a terminator is to infiltrate with the purpose to terminate. Tx is a terminator so this is her function as well. T-1000 is the best infiltrator. It can blend into many more situations ans desquise itself in more ways. It appeared to actually "better" duplicate the mannerisms of the being it created, tx apperaed to only copy the apperance, the mannerisms were more bizzare. advantage t-1000. The tx is "supposed to be more intelligent than the other terms, but i don't see where it was more intellgent nor was it said that it was more intelligent that the t-1000. As far as we have seen in the movies, the cyborgs have equal intelligence if we view ther actions..as a matter of fact, the only cyborg to outsmart another cyborg was the t-800 in t2. I have explained this in another post. So far intellgence is about equal. Speed the tx is supposed to be very fast..no proff it is faster than t-1000. t-100 is also fast and also chased a car on foot. This business about cutting through metal is nonsense and t-1000 coul esily from a steel rod and pierce either thee tx's skull or power cell. the t-1000 from his capabilities is a nano machine with no cpu, thus the tx would have to reprogram EVERY portion of the t-1000 and as said earilier, it' didn't work completely with the t-800. the tx was thrown around easier by arnie than the t-1000 was. Strength, they seem to try to convey the tx was strongest, but it was kinda back and forth, arnold certainly threw her around as much as she threw him around. As far as battel quckness, t-1000 was rarely faster than t-800 neither was tx, so strength and speed from the movies seem equal. As far as ability to be destroyed, the outcome of t1 and t2 and t3 would have killed tx, but t-1000 could not have been killed like tx in t3 not like t-800 in t1, t-1000 is simply harder to kill. In addition we would have to assum,e that the battle would be in an emply room. in relity there are wapons to accquire and both holding weapons, the tx and t-1000 would be equally armed. Dvantage t-1000. The disply of the t-1000 has not been shown, so we don't know what his ability to scan is, but i'm sure it doesn't have dna. The idea that the t-1000 coudn't detect tx is nonsense, althiugh it copies clithing, it is metal and thus would be detected, az arnold can be detected by t-1000 even with skin. An if we assume this to be becasue they were downloaded with enemy info, there would be non need to scan, they would be aware of the enemy by apperance. So that argument is nonsense. The tx' advantage from what the movies show it the dna. The weapons...suppossin the flamethrower would last forever, i doubt the t-100 would just stand there. It would likely morpsh out of the way and can dodge and liley from into the floor and escape the tx or more likely form a rod and stab her. If the plasma weapon immobolized arnie, it could immobilize a tx and a t-1000, assuming it is a true plasma weapon. ANd the weapons are not infallable, they could likely be jammed or detroyed by arnie or t-1000 or an accident, so the little advantage it might have is minimized and outweighed by the disadvantages. If tx were in t2, it would have been eliminated sooner.
s

dulobast25
tx isn't really faster, smarter, more agile, is easier to kill, couldn't easliy program the t-1000 and was likey not to be able to do so and would need more than 15 second to reprogram such an advanced machine. It is easier to kill, struggled more with arnie, wade more tactical errors, cannot infiltrate better with the only advantage that with it's weapons it coul kill humans in greater numbers. so far the t-1000 has the advantage and it hasn't been proven to be any stronger. The argument that the tx is superior has yet to be determined. Unitl it is, t-1000 is the better terminator

dulobast25
No, i honestly think 1
mostow, if he'd let go of his pride could have done better
2 did pretty good considering he was taking over
3could have done better considering he's a fan and if i notice something wrong, he should have
3.he could not have done THAT much better because his talent nor his fil sucess are on par with camerons
4. I just think that although i give mostow credit, he could have done better, he was limited by his talent adn also limited by his willfull decisions. Also the scropt sucked and he had limited control on that. it was written befor he was picked. The script sucked.

Everybody here has excellent points, but yes t1 is the freakin best of the three(i'm glad tha people are starting to realized that) and that t2 is only good as it iw the scraps that they removed from t1.

James Cameron DIDNT want to to t2, he wanted to stop at t1. the ending was wrapped up well as was t2, allowing a sequel, but not leaving you scratching your head. the first two left you wanting for more of what you just saw, not"that can't be it.. thwy can'e end it like that the next better continue casue they need to explain this"THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. t1 and t2 left you wanted a sequel becasue f what was in it not what was NOT in it. T3 made me mad for what was NOT in it. I'm a fan and I anticipated this movies and wanted it so long, but was dissappointed. Beyand the cast, the timing and music lacked. The 'feel was missing and it went beyond the cast. Overall i dont' care who does a film as long as it is independent, yet true to the series, not one OR the other. Someone here finally sees my point. T2 did good in box offices becuse they wer fans of t1, t3 did well beacuse they were fans of t1 and t2..the hadn't seen t3 yet!! t1 earned it's stripes as a budget fil that suprise eveybody, with no coattails to ride on.. it's own merits. So the box office alon does not tell a good movie.. ther is more to it that that. And i agree that emotion or strain has no place ina terminator, but that includes"i know now why you cry"buklshit and the t-1000 scraming when getting shot and then more so when falling in the molten steel. or looking surprised when getting shot and when getting frozen. that was stupid.. even in t2 that';s what i mean. t1 was so seamless and t2 was too, but had problems, but the story and special effects technology saved it but t3 need more that better special effects and being differeent only for the sake of being different. The quality just wasn't there. T1 and t2 had the better endings and t2 ended good.

skule
yeah thats what i feel about mostow as well, its not that just cause he took over we dont like him kinda thing, its the attention for details which i felt was the lack thereof, as far as the script i wasnt sure if it came out before a director was chosen or after, but that definatly wasnt a good script. In t3 i remeber one scene, the tx licks johns bandage to get a dna sample, only animals use thier toungue to taste so that the brain may process it etc, why would an advance machine need to lick it, by touching it cant it have processed the same sample etc, what next ...the terminators can pee too?? Arnie told john too based on pupil diliation etc he wouldnt commit suicede...that is how i felt a terminator would process certain things, ..so thats one scene i didnt like.
ok about the i know why u cry thing, when i saw t2 again later i on i also realised the same thing, that was stupid in a sense, but i know it was added to make the t800 more human of a character. But i didnt like it frnakly but it wasnt that bad i let it go. When the t1000 was shot and looked surprised, i understand..a machine should have a human facial expression like that but a partial surprise like unable to compute i think would be ok unlike in t3 remeber when arnie puts the hydrogen cell in the tx;s mouth and its facial expression changes as if its gonna cry!!!???What is this story for 2 year olds???See in T1 arnie as the terminator had only one serious expression from the start, till the end he looked evil there was no surprise expression or happy expression terminator! So yes t1 awesome, t2 falls 2nd, t3 hmmm...not so good. t4...i hope ..is awesome.

dulobast25
i agree, but frankly the terminators are aawar of thier limiteations, as expressed my arnold in t2 and in t3 he's arae of t1000 and tx capability and so they must be aware. T100 looke an the molten steel before he fell in it it it's jsut they put thier own safety second to the mission uless it can compromise the mission. i'm sure t1000 knew it's own limitations as well as arnies but never had to make achoice except when face with completeing the mission v.s self preservation. that is why it will not stop unitl yhe subject is deadl casue self preservation is not first. I i think the surprise look was stiull dumb. I understand looking more human, but that should be when blending in, and pretending, not ACTUAL EMOTION OR SURPRISE. the surprise look was not necessary nor was t2 screaming at th3 end. t-100 had no expression until he was talking to humans that were not targets.

Viw
don't know if it's been said or I am too late but in Terminator 2 special edition we see T-1000 malfunctioning, his mimetic aptitudes get uncontrollable when he reassembles himself in the factory.
A continued attack from T-X would end up destroying him besides T-X regenerates faster.
Is stronger than T-1000, Arnie and Patrick had almost the same strenght (ok T-1000 was A Little stronger) while T-X pushes arnie and sends him to the other side of the room and arnie's attacks seems to have no effect on her.

I liked more Terminator 2 than Terminator 3. And before seeing it I thought it was impossible to do a "better" enemy but I was wrong T-X is much better than T-1000.

carnage713
good point. is the scene were the t1000 malfuctions is that on the most recent dvd the one with the metal case and endoskeletan on the cover?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>