Stock Market

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

forumcrew
I know this will prolly be lost under the mcdonalds and whos hotter posts.. being this is a younger crowd.. but anyone on here invest in the market? Be interesting in talking to people about strategies hot stocks and what not.. I imagine theres gotta be someone else beside myself on here that trades

silver_tears
I don't trade, being a younger member myself, however when I grow older I plan on big grin
Always been fascinated by it, and if done right, easy money cool

KidRock
i play on investing lots of money as i get older (only 14) but im not to smart but i think i would be a smart invester

space shuttles and nasa/space travel is the way to go!

silver_tears
If something like the last disaster happens again, I very much doubt it stick out tongue

silvabullet
Are you saying that your going to be the next Martha Stewart?

silver_tears
yes I am cool
I'm gonna be a multi-millionaire for only doing a few hours work a day stick out tongue

silvabullet
And get insiders training???

silver_tears
that was sarcasm stick out tongue

WindDancer
My company offers me a 401k plan. I chose my own stocks, and I create my own portfolio. Every payday they deduct 15% of my earnings in which I can put into any stock I please. So I'm not require to buy company stocks. I like the plan, and if I get another job my 401k rolls over to my other job.

mouth
umm.. i invested in Disney..

Oswald Kenobi
Why? The NASA contracts are spread over many different companies and do not ever reflect on the company's profits. All the stocks move up and down in cycles. You have to move in and out of each sector as they move.

KidRock
ah u beat me to the punch i was just about to say that! wink

silvabullet
I'd invest in Exxon.... doesn't look like they're going anywhere anytime soon.

forumcrew
for the younger people.. read up and learn while you can that way when you have some money to invest you know whats goin on.. You could also setup a what if or a watch portfolio to see what would happen and test yourself to see how you could do.. few simple rules never invest what you cant loose and never be greedy silver teers is right that it can be easy money.. but the market is a ***** and it will kick your ass if you arnt carefull.. it is very exciting though I love it.. Im getting my degree in Finance right now then im trying to work for a brokerage firm

forumcrew
oh and anyone that has a bit of money... try looking at some of these:

QBID, XKEM, GZFX, IBZT

they are some penny stocks with great potential

forumcrew
QBID brok a cent today! huge gains

WindDancer
Blue chips my good man. Go with the blue chips. smile

Darth Revan
Meh... Personally, I think the whole "get rich quick" thing is a bit of a myth. Now, I'm no economist, but if you DON'T do it right, or if the market takes a sudden drop... You're in trouble.

And about the Martha Stewart thing, well, all I have to say about it is, what was she supposed to do? Sure, she shouldn't have been doing the whole insider trading thing, but once she knew about it, do people actually think she should've watched her money go down the crapper? Plus, there are a lot of big time CEO's who do worse things than that and get no punishment.

forumcrew
get rich quick isnt a myth but it isnt easy... bottom line if your greedy and thats your goal your more then likely gonna loose...

As far as blue chips go, no those arnt the way to go it depends what your trying to do and what money you have.. if you have the funds to invest in a meaningfull amount of diversified blue chip stocks then you should have mutual funds in different sectors.. thats the best long term stability.. small cap, micro cap, penny are fairly risky but they can be very lucrative too.. all about how you play it

Fire
I got quite a bit of money invested in the stock market. (I'm glad I did it in 1998, so I still have some profit, lost a lot after 2001 tho)

forumcrew
what kind of stock do you own?

i just got in 45,000 shares of IBZT everyone go buy a virtual keyboard in a couple weeks

Oswald Kenobi
Penny stocks are way too volatile for the average investor. In fact, pretty much anything traded bulletin board is risky. You could lose all of your money very quickly. It's best to diversify among sectors and instruments. In today's market, there is no way to get rich quick. Don't believe me? Take a look at Bill Gates wealth over the last 5 years. That's not all Microsoft stock he owns.

forumcrew
yea i agree with you. There definantly is no way to get rich quick and that kinda greed is what ruins a lot of people.

forumcrew
google is going public.. could be a great investment

Fire
well I'll have to check but mostly communications and big companies

=Tired Hiker=
I finally just went for it and bought some stock about a month and a half ago. I invested while everything was and is still relatively cheap right now since the market crashed. I've heard many people say that it's best to invest if you have at least a thousand dollars to get started, but I only started with $260.00, figuring that it could go a long way since everything is down right now. My portfolio earned a hundred dollars in profit as of last week, and this week it's only at about $15.00 profit, which goes to show how unpredictable the market can be, but at least it's slowly going up. Anyway, if you have a couple hundred bucks to blow, I'd say now is a good time to invest in stock. Any thoughts?

lord xyz
The stock market is how the economy fails.

Don't add to the problem.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by lord xyz
The stock market is how the economy fails.

Don't add to the problem.

Explain.

lord xyz
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Explain. 1929.

=Tired Hiker=

The Great Depression. Right right right. And . . . . confused

MIŠT

Difference is a lot of people sunk a LOT of money and lost it all, I doubt Hiker will jump out of a building from losing $260.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.