What do you think of education?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silvabullet
I heard somewhere that people who (throughout High School)

maintained a A average... only less than 73% stayed and graduated in College

maintained a B average... only 47% less than stayed and graduated in College

maintained a C average only less than 22% stayed and graduated in College

So.... what do you think about this? I kind of ask myself, what's the point... and often think that the government screwes kids over today by slamming them with tests, stressing them out and putting us into pressure. I also think that they don't know sh*t about what it's like to be in our position today. Their education was much easier, yet, they push us and push us. What's the point?

Dvae
happybday

silvabullet
What the f**k?

Dvae
on a lighter note, why is this smilie called "holiday"? holiday

iluvpippin
didnt read that but i think education SUX!

steely balls
i just wanna study what i'm intrested in

Myth
Education is the difference between America and 3rd world countries.

i slayed buffy
ok the only good things at school are p.e. and art stick out tongue

Myth
I'm not saying its fun, but would you rather have everybody in society be stupid? Which would lead to the country not prevailing?

Citadel
like pink floyd said "we dont need no education!"

Darth Revan
I think Bush doesn't know jack shit about education or he wouldn't have destroyed our school system

Anyways I wish there was more choice involved in what classes you can take by the time you get to high school... I mean if you're going to be something like an artist or a writer, do you really need advanced math? Actually, I like math, but my point is that not everything we learn in school we are going to use in our adult lives

This "No Child Left Behind" act is a piece of crap... Almost as bad as the Patriot Act. They make kids who don't speak English and Resource (special ed) kids take the same tests as the regular program ones, then include their scores in the school average... Who came up with that?

So I really don't hate school... Well, I do hate it but... I'm glad that I'm literate yes

wuTa
school blows

Clovie
here it's different
w/out education you have no work.
nothing

and everyone wants study...
and there are so many ppl, and so lil places...
i'm not gonna pass entrance exams weep

Ryan10000000000
education is shit

WindDancer
Hmmm... when I was in HS it used to be like this:

A+ = will get you a profesion
A = will get you a well paid job
B = will get you a job
C = will get you a part time job with low pay.
D = will get you a part time job flipping burgers at Mc Donalds.
F = you f**k up BIG TIME!.

Linkalicious
education is long, tedious, and stressful. Just like many things that you'll experience in life. It's very important and as much as it sucks....it's for our own good.

GroundedAgain
well let's c, i'm from norda koda all presidents f*cked us over we didnt get teachers or have money for new ttext books and hear i am a 15 year old drop out werkin at starbucks and takin corresspondence courses. i had a+'s in math and dats it and yea america's educational system is very f
*cked up especially fer rural areas

big gay kirk
iym gladd noone edacattedd mi!!

big gay kirk
Seriously though, over here in England its going from bad to worse... soon a good education will depend on how much money your parents have... and degrees are becoming meaningless... when I was at school, 17% of all students stayed on to do A levels between the ages of 16 and 18, and about 12% went on to university... now nearly 80% go to uni, and lets be honest, if everyone has a degree, whats the point... they become nothing special... I think in this country they ought to bring in admission exams for all unis, and if applicants don't reach a set standard, they don't get in, full stop. If they do pass, then the education is free.... make the test sufficiently hard to weed out those who want to go uni just cos they don't know what else to do, or can't be bothered to get a job, and Bob's your uncle...

Rogue Jedi
without an education, you will get nowhere in this life.

big gay kirk
I also think that the less academically able should be allowed to leave school at 14, on condition they get an apprentice placement (with a job at the end if they do well)

Rogue Jedi
thats what special education classes are for.

silver_tears
Here you are allowed to leave at 16 and do whatever you feel is best yes

Michael Myers 1
me no need edjewkashawn

Rogue Jedi
well, you need it.

Michael Myers 1
edjewkashawn iz 4 wetards

Rogue Jedi
this is what i am saying.

Michael Myers 1
col ten hom-e wite powr!

Rogue Jedi
white power?uh, ok?.......if you say so.

Michael Myers 1
yeea ombre j-unit dag!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.