McGregor snubs Oscar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dim
Ewan McGregor is going to skip the Oscars because Baz Luhrmann wasn't nominated for best director. I think it's great to see some loyalty in this industry..and I think McGregor's right.. I mean come on..which movie do you think was harder to direct? Moulin Rouge or Beautiful Mind???

Ushgarak
Weren't you berating Ewan for his disloyalty not so long ago?

ToMacco
Um, Beautiful Mind.

I had no idea McGregor was a pouter. "Waaa!!!! Waaa!!!!" That doesn't sound like him. Are you sure he isn't going for another reason?

If that is true, it makes him look like a dumbass. What a crybaby.

Dim
I think he's trying to make a point..

and yes Ush, I was berating him for his disloyalty..and that's why I'm now praising him for loyalty..refreshing change.

ToMacco
This has nothing to do with loyalty.

He's being a crybaby. "My director wasn't nominated, so I'm gonna take my ball and go home." What a puss.

Ushgarak
Careful what you say about the Ewanmeister...

How do you KNOW it's not about loyalty, huh? Can you give us any good reason to say he is lying?

Texas
Oh who cares if he skips the Oscars!?!, it's not like he's nominated for anything anyways! He can save some of his eyeliner for the AOTC premiere! Did you see him at the Golden Globes?!? I couldn't tell him and Nicole Kidman apart!

Geesh Ewan, lay off the makeup! roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
Yeah, that was pretty wierd.

Ushgarak
He's done weirder. He IS a bit of a freak.

Texas
He's the freak of the week!!

ToMacco
Look who's talkin, BjorkBoy stick out tongue

Dim
Hehehehe...got a point there.

ToMacco
And while were on the subject, Tex. . . do you wanna change off that vampire Bjork avatar? It's giving me nightmares, dammit!

finti
Oscar is a joke 90% of the time it is the real boring and dull stuff that wins

Texas

ToMacco
Well, I tried.

Texas
Well I for one think you should change your avatar and sig as they are very disturbing and causing me great emotional distress!

First you have that little gang member avatar throwing out dangerous gang signs no less. Then you have that drunk Homer Simpson glamarozing alchocol abuse! MADD would not approve, and I surely dont approve!

What kind of a message are you sending!?! You should be ashamed of yourself, I demand that your sig and avatar be changed immediately! stick out tongue
wink big grin rolling on floor laughing big grin wink

ToMacco
laughing out loud Gang signs. MADD laughing out loud

Dim
Poor Calvin..he gets such a bad wrap..

finti
Calvin should win the Oscars all of them

ToMacco
I pulled out a Calivn and Hobbes book yesterday and started to read it. It's so funny! He's a genious, but he can't do simple math problems laughing out loud

Dim
Yes, I know what that's like... wink laughing out loud

ToMacco
Well, people don't need to learn math anymore. It's all done with calculators and computers. All you really need to know is the concept on how to do things.

finti
like opening doors and stuff big grin

ToMacco
Yes, that is important, too. smile

finti
Well in my opinion the whole Oscar affaire is a joke. The film industry are celebrating themselves with an all glamour show so that people can look up to filthy rich actors even more than they did. And most of the films that wins for best film are really really BORING BORING crap movies. Those films would be a good phsycological asspect towards the problem of Insomnia

ToMacco
Yeah, the Oscars are pretty stupid, when it comes down to it. Does any of it really matter? People are still only going to see the movies they want to see, reguardless of awards.

I think it's fun to see movies I like win awards, though.

finti

Dim
Probably the smartest thing to do.. I'm never moved to go rent or go to something because it's up for an Oscar..

finti
So we all agree then big grin lets get rid of the Oscar show evil face

Dim
Nah..atleast it's something else to hear about instead of the WAr on Terrorism for a couple of days.. Maybe we'll get rid of it next year.

finti
just put me on the news, I`ll entertain you all

Dim
Hmmmmm..so what would you do during this finti-a-thon?

finti
entertain you all, the rest is a surprise. Some songs and then some jokes and Bush bashing evil face throw in the British PM as well

Dim
OOOh Oooh!...Take my money!

*waves a dollar in the air*

King Jedi
Put Yerssot in charge of the oscars. That will make it more interesting. stick out tongue

Sorgo
Originally posted by finti
Calvin should win the Oscars all of them

I agree.

shugie99
Wow, this is an old post...though I just read something about Matt Damon saying he should have won the Oscar for the Talented Mr. Ripley, so I guess a lot of people pout,

EwansRoxMySawks
Bored

EwansRoxMySawks
Ahh still bored

forumcrew
Originally posted by Sorgo
I agree.

you found a 3 year old thread to say i agree?!! confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.