The defeat of Sauron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pip-foot
It says in the Fellowship that Gil-Galad and Elendil defeated Sauron in the second age. But, I thought that the only way to defeat sauron was to take the ring...which isildur did. So, how were gil-galad and elendil able to defeat him?

Thorondor
they led the war did they not? so technically it was them stick out tongue

pip-foot
I guess so stick out tongue i was just wondering if there was some other way to defeat him. cuz in the movie, sauron blows up after isildur takes teh ring smile

Exa
Well, in the book, Elendil and Gil-Galad indeed threw Sauron down, but were killed, and only so Isildur could take the ring - no stupid Sauron outstretching his hand to Isildur. They couldnt totally defeat him, but at least make him stumble and fall.

Thorondor
the big sonic blast thing when he blew up was awsome smile knocked everyone down like dominoes smile looked so funny laughing

Exa
lol yey

Well the whole prologue was great stick out tongue

Exa
Stupid prissy elves... messed

Thorondor
hehe that was funny the first pic is awsome shows the whole field is full of soldiers big grin

Kitoky
Woah that one at the far right looks sorta like Haldir... messed

Mr. Bacon
i want to read all the histroy of middle earth stuff but theres so much about nothing i dont know what to read

Kitoky
I need to read HoME.....If I can GET it.

SessomaruLover1
He He I work at Barnes and Nobles so I know quite the bit of The Middle and Dark ages! HA HA! smile

Thorondor
no he doesn't blink

Kitoky
The side of his face he does...blink Or am I just senile blink

Sesslover - do they have History of Middle-Earth?

Thorondor
senile laughing

j/k

Kitoky
Yeah senile, I would've guessed so. blink

Fëanor
it may have been the same actor...but in a diff role...yeah?

Kitoky
Maybe, Craig Parker doesn't seem the type to just play another role.

I didn't think PJ would actually risk Craig playing an anonymous role with having him also be Haldir...

Smodden
blink

don't think its him...but then again what do i know...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.