teras kasi vs. jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rudysseus
okay, back when that Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi game came out on the Playstation, they introduced Arden Lyn (?) and the martial art of Teras Kasi. If anyone has played the Star Wars A Galaxy Divided online game, you may or may not know that Teras Kasi is one of the most powerful classes. I've also been told in game, and vaguely remember from the playstation game that Teras Kasi masters can hold their own against Jedi.

Can anyone back this up or refute it? I imagine theyd have a difficult time, seeing as how its largely (from what ive seen) and unarmed style of fighting, and that would seem like a death sentence against a lightsaber. Anyone have information or an opinion on this at all?

Rogue Jedi
teras kasi is a fighting art that a lot of jedi use. darth maul is a teras kasi master, as is master anoon bondora, darsha assants master from "darth maul:shadow hunter".
teras kasi is a martial art, plain and simple. the only thing impervious to a lightsaber is yuzzhaan vong technology.

JediHDM
no, that is not entirely true...there is a natural material that is very hard for lightsabers to cut through...i cannot remember which book it is in, and i don't have my library with me, but i seem to remember it being in the Joruus C'Both(?) series...with Talon Kaarde.

EDIT: i see the Cortosis poll right after i posted this...i guess you mean truly impervious, but still...

Rogue Jedi
yeah, i think i remember something about that. i forgot where i read it, but there is something else tough for sabers to cut through. but i assumed you meant impervious. i dont think it was in the series with joruus c boath. let me know if you find out for certain, and i will do the same.

JediHDM
i seem to remember two places...the second one, if i remember correctly, was with Luke and Mara...it's been so long, i can't remember where it was at...

Jodo kast
IN the jedi council series.

Morridini
That natural material is called cortosis. Luke and Mara encountered a cortosis ore underneath tha Chiss fortress in Tha Hand of Thrwan: Vision of the Future (chapter 15 to be exact). The other time they encountered cortosis was when Luke and Corran met some Force-users who had made clothes with cortosis fibers (I haven't read that book but Luke told Mara this in Vision of the Future).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.