The REAL Leatherface

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nanfan876
Contrary to popular belief, Leatherface is NOT Ed Geines. He is actually still alive and living in a prison around this area. I am not sure why he is here, but I know for a fact he IS. Please post your comments to this, but please nothing too negative.

SlipknoT
Ed Geine died in 1984. And I've never heard of a real life leatherface. Leatherface is loosely based on Ed Geine. But if there is cool.

HockeyHorror
speaking on this...there are MANY MANY murderers by the name of Leatherface.when my uncles friend was in jail, there was a criminal/murderer by the name of Leatherface. But i do believe the Leatherface from the Texas Chainsaw is Ed Geine

Pirate_Girly
So is there really a place in Travis County? is it demolished? I really dont know what to think, the TCM story was based "loosely" on true events, and there are good explanations for it. But just to name one, Ed Gein didnt use a chainsaw.

Evil Dead
- Leatherface (Bubba Sawyer Jr.) in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was not even based loosely on Ed Gein. He is entirely a fictional character. Nothing about this character was based on any real person. Ed Gein was not over weight.....he did not weild a chainsaw......he did not chase down and kill people......he was not mentally retarded. Ed Gein was just a good ol' boy who suffered from skitzofrenia, robbed graves and killed two people.

There are many elements to the story that are based on Ed Gein. A few of such being:

A character wearing a mask made of human flesh. Robbing graves. Human remains being used as both decorative art and furniture.

- The story of TCM was not "loosely" based on true events. Not one element to the plot actually happened.

Marketing ploy people......marketing ploy.

Omegaman
Thank goodness, evil at least someone on here knows the facts. Yes, Gein they guys that these guys think was leatherface probably only killed 2 people and he didnt run around with a chainsaw. He was a very sick and depraved, sorry excuse for a human. TCM had almost NO facts of the real case.

master_ry_omega
Leather face and the story of Texas Chainsaw Masscre are based on the crimes Ed Gein, Ed was a grave robber and he keep the corpses in his house.... Pyscho was also based on Ed.....

Evil Dead
http://eastcoastjuggalos.com/forum/html/emoticons/icon_wank.gif

BackFire
There is no real leatherface, as others have pointed out. I've also heard rumors of "the real leatherface" being in a prison. It's simply a rumor, or a copycat killer.

leatherface12
No Im the real leatherface. smile

slayer
RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tabby999
no your the 12th one....duh

LeatherLep43
but couldn't there possibly be a fan of leatherface here in texas. and the fan goes around taking the film into life and he kills people in the town with a chainsaw? and the police never finds out who it was? it is possib;e that there is a leatherface impersonator. so watch out. som people are crazy these days.

leatherface12
Sorry but the 12 is the average number of heads I saw off a day. smile

tabby999
12 a day, i'm sorry young man the bag limit in Texas is 7 a day (they had to put that in when George W. Bush was the sentaor, you know, to stop him just excecuting everyone), your gonna have to throw back the smaller ones

Evil Dead
I thought Bush was governor blink

tabby999
sorry, i in australia we have Sentaors as leaders of our states, you guys have Goveners

HockeyFace
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Gein just had mental problems. Show a little sympathy. He was crazy. I don't believe he knew or wanted to do what he did. That of curse doe snot mean I condon what he did.

HatchetMan14
Hmm...okay...WOW. well i do not know much about the real texas chainsaw massacre i do indeed though live in TX i lived in Austin or Travis County if you will. There is such a place. a house and everything still there. unlike the movie though. the house was on a hill. not a big hill just in slighter elevation. So the movie was not shot in the real house. and there are alot of different stories about the LEATHERFACE. i myself do not believe them all. the only reason i am here now is because i haft to do a research paper on this LEATHERFACE for my High School English Class. and My GOOGLE Search prung this site as one of the many. so i choose it. anyways to all who wonder there is a place and there is a story. But i can only tell you that the Place is real. but i do not know about the Story.

MR. PINK
He's right, ya know? When Tobe Hooper was writing TCM, he even said He wanted to create a family full of ED GEINS. Watch TCM '74 version w/ commentary by Hooper, Gunner Hansen, and Daniel Pearle. It is just a rumor about the "real" leatherface. Despite what you might see or hear in either versions, weather the "crime scene photos" or that police film at the end or in the original with the opening, it's just made to appear real to give the film an edge of realism. This dumbass guy I know actually thoght that the crime scene photos and the police film at the end was real.

Every thing you want to know about Ed Gein is there:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/notorious/gein/bill_1.html

eggmayo
Leatherface is based on Ed Gein.
Tobe Hooper said so in a documentary called 'The American Nightmare'
I know Ed Gein never used a chainsaw or wore peoples skin, but he did make ornaments from bones and stuff.
JUST like Leatherface

MR. PINK
Actually, he did wear people's skin. He did make masks from people's faces and a suit from a woman. Remember in Silence of the lambs, buffalo bill's woman suit? Gein actually did that.

MR. PINK
Ed Gein also made a belt out of nipples, kept women's vaginas in shoe boxes, collected ears and noses and other crazy shit like that. He never had sex with the bodies because, and I quote: "They smelled too bad!"

papabeard
I read somewhere that although TCM was inspired by ed geins crimes and the making of objects from human remains, but It was also based on a serial killer called Leonard Lake ( which phonetically sounds a bit like leatherface) , he had an accomplice called Charles Ng, these to men had a cabin out in the woods where they would take, hold and torture and kill girls , among the evidence found was a torture room containing meathooks ( present in tcm) also they found videos the 2 killers had made of the torture and death of the girls, a chainsaw was used and discovred bloody in the cabin. These men are truly sick and evil individuals, who i think are currently on death row

PurityKnight
there is no leatherface
it is and always was totaly fiction..the director himselfe said that once.

LasseB
But in the end of TCM2004 the show a real clip of a policeman that was attacked by "leatherface"... and they say that it was the only picture ever taken by him and that he was not seen after that..

do you mean thats not true?

MichaelMyerscoo
Some people are crazy? Lots of people are crazy.

DeNiro
laughing out loud

Evil Dead
EXACTLY

MegaGukuJunior1
Leatherface is a real person and he did kill people. In the movie theysaid Ed Gein is Leatherface he is not. So they had some of the same characteristics so what. My point is they are two different real people and i am tired of people saying their not. If you read this tell everyone that Leatherface and Ed Gein are two different people!!!!!

BackFire
Leatherface is a fictional character. I repeat: FICTIONAL CHARACTER

Cinemaddiction
I call bullshit, he's been touring with the Rolling Stones pretty much all his life!

http://www.photocube.cz/vystavy/vystavy/0209_corbijn-richards.jpg

BackFire
laughing out loud

PurityKnight
.... wacko and I'm tired of ppl saying leatherface is real. smart cause he's just not.... bunny

DaRk Lotus
my cousin lives four hours away from Leather Faces house...My friend has a picture of the cops sorrounding the house still to this day...

Evil Dead
that was quite possibly the dumbest thing I have read this past week. Good job Dark Lotus.........you excell in the craft of dumbassary.

- makes shit up too -

Yeah......well my next door neighbors are Jason Voorhies and Pennywise the clown. Last weekend they had me over for a barbeque....talk about good times. I got tons of pictures........they are now officially my favorite two fictional characters........even though I did drink them both under the table.

BackFire
Freddy Krueger is my landlord. Kinda sucks though, he won't fix the damn plumbing.

Cinemaddiction
I shat in Michael Myers' shoe one year at summer camp. Funny, he didn't say anything.

Evil Dead
I love shat!

word @ Krueger being a bad landlord.........I've heard things about him. If your furnace ever goes out, be prepared to freeze your ass off for weeks on end.

Aini
I saw TCM yesterday (finally)
and I just wanne know:
You really thought the ending was a real clip? cause that's retarder, dude!! laughing

OrliObsessor1
ANOTHER Edward Gein thread here, this is one of 200 in the board. There isnt any such thing, ed gein was real but no comparison to the movie whatsoever

Masked Outcast
laughing so so very funny. "my dad was in jail with the 'real leatherface", i havent heard anything so stupid since the last time our retarded president opened his mouth. Okay, i didnt bother to read all the posts on here, so i dont know if anyone already clarified this, so i'm going to anyways. Leatherface was almost completely fabricated. Him and Ed Gein (my hero), only had a few traits in common. Their names were different (Ed Gein, Thomas Hewett) and their methods for murder were almost nothing alike. Ed gein never used a chainsaw to kill anybody. He would lure, incapasitate, or kill WOMEN (and only women, not like leatherface) in town and bring them to his house where he would chop off limbs, slice off extrematies, carve out orafices, and filet the skin from thier bodies. He only started out with grave digging. Oh, and did I mention, THE REAL MASSACRE DIDNT HAPPEN IN TEXAS!!! It was in Wisconsin. Ed Gein was never seen wearing his masks either, let alone did he wear them constantly, like Leatherface. Ed Gein was a normal appearing person, try to say that about the supposedly diformed Leatherface, that wears an outfit like a disgruntled meat factory worker. I'm not knocking Leatherface either, because he Is a devastating horror figure, but hes fake, and is only INSPIRED by Ed Gein. Read up on it, you'll learn something.

Masked Outcast
you are a fool, There was no leatherface, that was clip was made to make people think the story was authentic. Ed Gein, who inspired leatherface, was caught and was put in a series of mental hospitals, and was nothing like the fabricated "leatherface". if it was the only picture of leatherface ever taken then how did i get these? (open attachment)

@F1
I saw the Real Texas chainsw Massacre John Kleason, last night, and it had nothing to do with the movie, apart from he shot two people in Texas. But they couldn,t pin it on him, because of a Technicality, you americans and your bloody Technicalities, so they got him done for lesser offences. He did 9 years then he was released, and the you know what, he came to my beloved country United Kingdom, and the USA, didn,t disclose any information to our authortities, because they were under know obligation to do so, WHAT! he's a bloody lunatic. anyway after terrorising an english community for a while and a poor old lady he married, because she thought he was a war hero, and a really nice fellow. He was finally caught out when he threatened to blow some ones head off because he kicked him out of the gun club. And some IT kid found out about his past on the internet. The Texas Authorities found new evidence that he did it, about 20 years later, and he was once again locked up. Hooray. (There wasn't even a chainsaw)

FeceMan
Something tells me that if the "real Leatherface" was in jail, he'd have gotten to meet Ol' Sparky awhile back (or just had a firing squad or, later, lethal injection).

*Politely ignoring the attacks on Bush.*

Cowboyography
I was in Hollywood video a few weeks back and the employees were talking about the new TCM to a customer. The customer asked "Isnt this based on a true story" The clerk answered %100 serious "Yes!, they even show you the only picture ever taken of Leatherface. and they have the real police footage" I almost walked behind the counter and kicked the guys ass, but then I got to thinking, if your that ingnorant the world is going to kick your ass.

Evil Dead
well Cowboy.........you must take into consideration those who work at Hollywood video.

They fall into one of the two categories below:

- they are young.......about the same age as the kids renting the TCM dvd.........and probably know just as much about horror films...

or

- they aren't the smartest cookies in the world to be not so young and still working at a video store.

BackFire
Indeed, people at video stores usually don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Cinemaddiction
Well, when I worked at Movie Gallery, you better believe I was running shit.

BackFire
Well, you're the exception.

Cowboyography
this guy was in his 40's and his 30 some year old co-worker was vouching his story. I had to leave, I didnt even rent anything.

1twisted1
everybody has their own story to tell, and whether you believe it or not, I don't care, so here's my version. I live 140 miles from where the massacre actually happened, there was no family of incestual mutants though, just one guy, and he is locked up in a prison in Tennessee Colony, Texas.

Micheal_Myers
So yeah, Leatherface?My backyard in a tent.Mmhm...Michael Myers, Jason, and even Pinhead come to visit sometimes.Just yesterday Me and good ol Leatherface had a big barbeque Michael stayed the night and we watched some movies and anime.

tabby999
yeah, pinheads my roommate, bastard keeps leaving chains all over the floor and wont pick them up. and have you tried to sleep with somone muttering "destroy your soul" over and over. i'm thinking of ringing pumpkin head or Chucky to come kick him out and take his place, see how that pans out

bushrules
yes it is based on a true story, i went on a website about criminals and typed in Thomas Hewitt and i got all his info try it yourself : his birthday was sept.20,1946, he lived in luker texas,he butchered 33 people throughout 1973 after he was laid off from his job in a slaughterhouse, also another reason he killed people was when he was a kid he had a skin disease and he was overweight and his class mates would tease him. so try to find a crime website and type Thomas Hewitt it was true and i don't need to that bull shit that it was Ed Gien!!!!!

bushrules
oh and you don't have tell me it is ed gien !!!! becuase i'm going with what i think!!

Cinemaddiction
Well, firstly, I'll call you on using the synopsis of TCM 2003 to base what "you think".

Second, Leatherface isn't "Thomas Hewitt". In the original, it's Bubba Sawyer, the only Leatherface fans will recognize, in Gunnar Hansen.

Third, just zipped through Court TV's Crime Library, and there were no such entires as Thomas Hewitt or Bubba Sawyer.

The sooner you start accepting TCM as fiction, and Hooper's inspiration as Gein, the better off you'll be.

BackFire
Hooper has stated numerous times that the only inspiration was Ed Gein (and that was very minuscule, anything else is purely coincidental.

bushrules
listen , fine think what you want! the original tcm wasn't as good as tcm2003, and what do you mean " you'll be better off " listen i don't think texas chainsaw has anything to do anything with the world exept that it was a true crime! why don't all of you gein believers stop being such know it alls and let people think what they want o.k.even though the people who believe in it are right.

tabby999
what are you basing your theory on the new movie being better than the old one on? the old movie was a gritty, grimy movie that was psychological, origonal, provocotive and amazing. the new movie is formulated, un origonal, boring, with concepts borrowed from other movies, and instead of having a psychological scare in it it has crappy "startle the audience and pawn it off as the scare tactic."
prove me wrong

L49_JoaquinLovr
And Im sure if there really were such thing, and he really were released or escpaped you'd invite him right over for tea and strumpus, right?

bushrules
tabby999 learn how to type. I didn't say i didn't like the origanal i just said i liked the newer one better, as i have said before you gien-believers are know it alls, it's my opinion weather or not i like or dislike a movie. you want everyone to think as you do! well, guess what everyone has their own opinion let someone think what they what weather they are right or wrong! O.K. cool

tabby999
i have said not a word about gein in my post, so where are you pulling this "gein-beleivers" crap, and just because i'm a dodgy speller dosn't make me a bad typer, so dont change the topic. and i never said that i want everyone to think like me, i just thought i'd clear up the misconceptions. and the old movie is a far superior film

bushrules
o.k that's what you believe

SlipknoT
And anyone who has good taste.

ragesRemorse
Or any self respecting horror fan.

tabby999
so ner wink

bushrules
TCM2003 was more realistic than 1974.TCM1974 was still pretty good don't get me wrong i just like the 2003 one better o.k. the only part that sucked in the 2003 one was when leatherface got his arm choped off that was just plain stupid!

tabby999
how was the movie made in 2003 more realistic? i really need to you explain this comment, because i cant think of ANY reason that it is.....where the hells backfire when you need him, he'd give you an essay on why the new movie is bollocks when put up against the origonal

bushrules
it was more realistic because of police tapes ( which you think are fake )and they had better sets such as the hewitt house, the gas station,and the slaughterhouse and leatherface's mask looked more like human skin. I've been waching the original for a long time it is a little better than 2003 since it is the original.if i was to rate the original one a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give the original a 10 and the 2003 one a 9.

SlipknoT
The Leather face mask looked like he got it from party city for $29.99. Only an idiot would think the police tapes were real. The original was much more beleivable, he was just an average Joe, he could be out thier, in the remake he was basically another Jason.

tabby999
the remake dosn't give the movie half the gritty "all alone" feel.
and really, please, answer me two question.
if there was ever, EVER a person, who ON FILM, killed TWO POLICEMEN, with a CHAINSAW, would they EVER give up looking, EVER? and if its so freakin real, why is the movie a remake of an origonal. did the people who made the remake simply "find" some real video evidence while thinking of remaking the movie? no, they simply taped it so jackasses would think it was fake.
and i state again, where the hell is backfire?

Wolfie
Wow, people actually thought the tapes at the end of TCM 2003 were real? This kind of gullibility is amazing! It's one thing to believe that the movie is based on a true story (they do mention it on advertisements so I can understand) but it's another thing for people to believe a scene is real due to it being in black and white and poor video quality. Someone find those actors' names who played the cops!

1. How would we have access to such a tape if the two policemen were killed? Don't you think Leatherface would've kept it? Or at least, anyone trying to retrieve it would've been killed too.

2. It seems to me that a movie studio wouldn't have access to such videos.

i like eggs
mr.pink that thing with the "r u ****in with me" thing that was the gayest bullshit i have ever heard in my life. if u c this comment i made about u fell free 2 say something bad about me cuz i love dishin this shit out smokin'

i like eggs
the tcm never happened! there is no lether face. he based on some gay **** who ****ed dead women

SlipknoT
great we cleared that up 4 pages ago

bushrules
you said he was based on a gay who ****ed dead women, get a brain, gays don't **** women laughing

bushrules
and it was based on a true story there are lots of places on the internet that will verify this, go to ask jeeves.com and type "Thomas Brown Hewitt Leatherface"they mention that his mother's maiden name was brown and talk about where his grandparents are buried in the travis county cemetary, their names were something like William and Golda Hewitt.

tabby999
nothing but pure coincidence (or however you spell it, would you beleive i graduated with this spelling ability!?)

Wolfie
Then why was Leatherface's name originally Bubba Sawyer Jr.? It wasn't a true story before but now it is? laughing

By the way, did this guy send any of you insulting PMs? laughing laughing

tabby999
nah i got one a while back from someone else, but when i checked their profile they'd never posted, never been online, had no info, so it might have been them trying to be secretive

bushrules
Bubba sawyer Jr. was not the real life leatherface who actually lived! Bubba sawyer Jr.was the Original movie leatherface if any of your brains can conprehend this there is a joke there, Bubba SAWyer ! yes, bubba was the origanal leatherface but the leatherface who was a living breathing "Human Being" 's name was Thomas Hewitt you non-belivers say it is "It's just a movie" but it's not it's real alright god you people are sickning you have to have the last word check that website i talked about you'll see and by the way BUBBA SAWYER IS THE ORIGINAL LEATHERFACE !!!!!

hh?
laughing

bushrules
Go **** your mom hh? cannibal cox laughing out loud

Wolfie
Question, what's the joke? "Bubba SAWyer" I don't get it. Explain it to me please.

Wolfie
austin.about.com/cs/filmindustry/p/texaschainsaw.htm

Funny how this article, found by this askjeeves.com site, says what we have been saying all along, that Leatherface is based loosely on on Ed Gein (who also inspired some of Silence of the Lambs and Psycho). He did not wield a chainsaw. No TCM really happened!

SlipknoT
your an idiot laughing out loud

Evil Dead
I guarantee you this bushrules guy is like 13 years old, tops...............damn people letting their damn kids play around on the internet, annoying the grown folks. mad

hh?
cox? it says ox...what the **** were you thinking about? laughing out loud

BackFire
This has been answered substantially, there was NO real leatherface. Regaurdless of what you may read on an internet site, Tobe Hooper has said that the story of TCM came from his mind and is loosely LOOSELY based on Ed Gein. I trust him more then a website that has no affiliation with the film..

And Bushrules, do not call people names or send other members insulting/abusive PM's. If I get another report on you you will be banned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.