Fyodor Dostoevsky Crime and Punishment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HockeyHorror
i never finsihed this book, but i finally did. i must say this is my favorite novel. After reading books by authors like Jules Verne, Victor Hugo, Alexandre Dumas, Agatha Christie, Michael Crichton, Mark Twain and Jack London...Dostoevsky is my favorite author.

I give it a perfect 5/5.

if u like Poverty Drama mixed with a bit of Romace and Murder, then this is the type of book you would like to read. Its not a Murder Mystery.

badkittykitty
hocky you do enjoy the classics.. smile

punkyhermy
i tried reading this one...it was pretty interesting in the begining and raskolnikoff (spelling?) murdering that old woman was pretty thrilling...the part when he's inside the room and two men are about to enter...wait i only raed till teh part when he's all sick after commiting the murder...haven't opend the book for a while after that...

HockeyHorror
you spelled the name right^ thats hard

...then he faints and the trials begin. they think this artist killed the old lady and the story continues...

lethargic rambler
I loved C&P, it kept me gripped all the way through.

Whats good is he's such an anti-hero, but you (the reader) just want him to get away with the murder!

kohl
hm. i tried to read this once, many years ago. my teenage brain couldn't handle it so i shall have to try again. :>

HockeyHorror
can anyone tell me some good Abstract Nouns that fit with this novel

Clovie
I luved this book!! eek!

but he had other spelling confused (Raskolnikow......)

Line
spelled the same way here.

Line
hmmm ... not right now, no.

was wondering though, wether some of the characters might be seen as part of Raskolnikov himself? such as Rasumikhin, the police man (can't remember the name), Dunja's employer (name gone as well)?

R@ven
I love this book but it got jaded after four years of re-reading it. Fyodor Dostoevsky is a master of capturing the pain of the Russian poverty and spirit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.