Green Goblin vs Hobgoblin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason420
I have an amazing Spider-Man issue where those 2 get into it who do you think would win?

Jason420
the only reason I say GG is because he has more experiece with the glider and all those gadgets

DemonicGambit-2
Greengoblin would kick a$$, I mean he is the original goblin...besides he just looks way better...color wise

muffin man
green goblin he more experienced and the hob goblins just a thug

jinzin
hmm do you even know about hobgoblin, (okay i guess it depends on which incarnation but...) osborn vs. macendale. Osborn is crazy and kills at a wim but macendale is a proffesional killer/fighter, and rather intelligent (more crafty than anything i guess) but this guy was fully capible of taking down demons before he got his powers, I think he'd mop the floor with GG.

radioboy121
Yes, which version of Hobogoblin? There was a human and demon enhanced (hellfire powers) version.

ScarletSpider
Norman is also clinically insane, whereas Macendale is just a very mean, heartles SOB. IMO, the guy that has full control of his faculties, and likes being a cruel bastard will win.

Tron
Macendale? I thought Roderick Kingsley was the Hobgoblin. I mean the ORIGINAL Hobgoblin.

ScarletSpider
The original was Kingsly as you said. Then there was Ned Leeds. Leeds was the first one introduced, but storywise Kingsley is the first, who brainwashed Leeds into taking up the mantle. Thank you for bringing up Roddy, I had forgotten about the distinction, I had described Roddy while using Macendale's name. Roddy would beat him, IMO. Not sure about Macendale.

Krissy Von Doom
Demogoblin's a different character rolling on floor laughing Though his costume looks similar to hobgoblin's

jinzin
ummm yeah he is a different character but we're not talking about him Hobgoblin was possessed by the demon that became demogoblin for a short time but it WAS still Hobgob. One of the coolest short stroyarchs ever was when Ghostrider threw down with demonic hobgoblin in spiderman 7, the art in those two books is worth the money alone, not to mention that awseome fight. (goblin rears up on his glider to attack GR head on and all GR does is stand there and take it saying "come!" and then obliterates the glider into a heap of nothing. one of my favorite comics to be quite honest, funny it doesn't even have wolverine or venom and it's still a fav)
IMO macendale is just as ruthless as kingsley but he also had sufficient training (martial arts, expert marksman etc) and was my favorite incarnation....but for anyone that tries to vote in favor of GG, I really don't think you understand the concept of hobby, he's supposed to be everything GG is,,,,,,but better, right down to the muscle enhancement serom. Hobgoblin takes this, not easily of coarse, but he takes this.

Cosmo Kramer
Green Goblin wins

jinzin
how? confused

K3VIL
The Hobgoblin incarnation played by Jason Macendale was totally the best, a great killer with hand to hand combat training, he was smart and cruel, very cruel, and possess strenght over that of Spider-Man, cause the Kraven serum he get in his body was a powerful version of that used by the hunter.Also after he was cybernetically enhanced, gain more strenght and resistance to injuries than when he had the serum in his body, and mixed with his goblin gadget and glider that rend him a deadly foe for Spidey, and the best goblin i think, but he was defeat by Ben Reilly.Anyway norman is too much take by his "superiority complex", so Macendale takes the victory.

uQifg2WV
Now we're talking about Norman not Harry Green Goblin, right?

jinzin
yeah we are, harry's a punk.

Hulkbuster1
Hobgoblin is way stronger than green goblin according to spiderman encyclopedic at amazon.

StiltmanFTW
Depends on the incarnation and perks...

Bouboumaster
Norman Osborn is a genius in his own right, and no version of Hobgoblin come close to his intellect.

I mean, he's not in the top 8, but very might be in the top 20.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.