Honey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VallejoKid707
I love this movie! Espically cuz Jessica Alba is in it. I know the acting sucks and the plot is pointless but I liked the dancing too.

boxofdeath2.0
so bad acting + pointless plot = good movie??

umm...i think ur math is a little off...

chilled monkey
I'm looking forwards to seeing this movie. I agree completely about Jessica Alba.

Any idea when it's out in the UK?

VallejoKid707
Umm it came out March 12th in the UK

chilled monkey
Did it? Great! Thanks very much.

babe182
i really liked the movie..cuz there was danceing in it and i dance andit was good..

Cinemaddiction
Didn't anyone learn anything from "Glitter"?

chilled monkey
Mariah Carey is no Jessica Alba. That's for sure. In terms of looks, acting ability, talent etc, Jessica runs rings around Mariah.

johnnys#1
I heard that Jessica Alba......Who ROX like anythin' on dark angel............Had to learn how to dance juss 4 that movie but half of it was a stunt!!!!

botankus
She's also no Eliza Dushku, that's for damn sure. wink

chilled monkey
If you're saying that Jessica is 'better' than Eliza, then I agree.

<<Solo>>
If you actually liked Honey then you should definately love "You Got Served"....

Cinemaddiction
Yep, gotta love "Urban" comedies and dramas.

Jessica Alba is definately an advocate for worldwide.

botankus
Well put, my friend

RebelPhoenix
Yes, I think we all agree that Jessica was the main reason for seeing the movie because the plot was boring and predictable, the characters were just as predictable, there was more then one moral in that story that should have been highlighted but at least the Missy cameo's were kinda funny - not that she actually acted because that's her normal attitude.

It was definitely no Fame, Stayin Alive, or even Save The Last Dance - I wont say Flashdance because I think that was a poor quality movie too but at least had more soul in it and it had great dancing obviously. Alba compared this Flashdance to Honey in an interview but the only real similarity to it that I can see is between her and the main character. Other then that Honey did have some good moves in it though but nothing groundbreaking or with real impact like the classic dance movies had and the impact they had at the time which still makes them relevent and contemporary today - things like Fame, Footloose and Dirty Dancing will always be remembered but Honey wont.

Alba also said in an interview that the training for Honey was harder then for Dark Angel which I kinda find hard to believe but I guess it's individual and different people find different things harder or easier then others. I really would have liked to see more Max in her Honey character though stick out tongue I also would have preferred it if they had incorporated different dance styles in it other then just hip hop/urban oh and Wade Robson would have been good also lol wink

Valle
Thanks for editing yes

Cinemaddiction
Since when is the worlds most widely used slang term label for white kids acting black offensive? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alright, I'll put it this way. Jessica Alba is an advocate for those who wish there were such a thing as race reassignment.

VallejoKid707
You are so rude.

chilled monkey
Cinemaddiction: Something you should know. Jessica Alba openly criticised the "square, conventional executives" who wanted the guy who plays her boyfriend in 'Honey' to be Puerto Rican (he's black). "We're meant to be progressing" she said. That should tell you something about her.

Cinemaddiction
Don't care for Jessica Alba, urban comedies, dramas, "Save the Last Dance", "You Got Served", or any of those other movies that promote white kids tryin' to be something they're not.

VallejoKid707
Why dont you just stop posting in the thread because your are so rude!

Kes
Cinemaddiction you've stated your opinion.Enough, ok?!

m!$hA
i just saw it 3 hrs ago eek! i no im a bit late stick out tongue but its only come out on dvd a little while ago smile

m!$hA
actually, if you think about it....the point of the story is to help kids get off the street, so no the plot is acctually quite a good one yes

V@LL3jOk!D707
i was dumb back then stick out tongue

m!$hA
stick out tongue

09rumss
i just wanted to talk about a movie that i liked and one of them is Honey along with Hot Chick, White Chick's, etc... so if somebody would, start us off. Oh! and u gotta buy the soundtrack tot hat movie. It's awesome!

botankus
Did Chris Rock interview you outside a theater on the segment they showed on the Academy Awards broadcast this year?

Stokely
Horrible. Jessica Alba cannot dance.

IceWithin
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Don't care for Jessica Alba, urban comedies, dramas, "Save the Last Dance", "You Got Served", or any of those other movies that promote white kids tryin' to be something they're not.

um... for the record jessica alba's mexican... in fact her dad is a VERY dark mexican, she's not exactly "white"
and what's wrong with white ppl liking rap dressing in the "ghetto style"
what ure saying its just racist...

jessica alba dances amazing... her acting's not so good though... the movie wasnt very good but voting I luv it since there wasd no "it was OK"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.