Punisher Movie!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tkitna
Hate to say it, but it doesnt look that great from the previews i've seen. This one might be a flopper. Oh well, Marvel had a nice run and you never know, it could do well, but I doubt it.

Viper
I've heard mixed reviews. Some say that the previews don't do it justice, while others have said it's just another mindless action flick. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

SuperDarryl
Let me begin by saying that this looks like an all around better Punisher film then the one Dolph Lungerun played in. This one looks like they took a little more time and got all the bugs out. Should be pretty cool, I'am gonna see it!

SuperNova
Its going to be a great movie. Mindless killing my ass, he only kills select few.

mpatterson
when is it out in the uk punisher out over here.

eleveninches
It's released in the UK tommorrow (I think).

Arachnoidfreak
the Punisher was already released and it is great. ****ing great. all i have to say is: Arrow through the neck.

mpatterson
i think its not going to be release over here. i really want to watch the punisher man

wolverine8888
man the movie kicked ass they did I realy good job on it

mpatterson
you are so lucky england blows for anything coming out !USA! rules

mpatterson
u.s is good for movies i wish to go to watch the punisher.

miked9999
I am SOOOO DISAPPOINTED. This film is simply rubbish! I cannot beleive after all the action films Hollywood churns out, how they could they possibly stuff this one up with all the comics to draw from!!!??

The Punisher is supposed to be a gun toting, brooding vigilante. Instead we get about half an hour devoted to his getting invited over to dinner at his neighbors!!!!!! The film was half over before he actually got to shoot somebody - a hopelessly inadequate scene where Frank did a ridiculous high noon with two ageing hitmen who looked old enough for retirement!

Read any comic and Frank will have a body count equal to malaria by the last page. I was actually afraid that if Hollywood did this as a movie it would be overly violent and detract from Franks not-uncomplex character and cutting dialogue. Well no fear of THAT lemmee tell ya!!!

I mean the Punisher SOOO deserved someone like John Woo as a director with guns guns and lot of bullet time. After all of Charles Bronson's Death Wish films you'd think Hollywood would know how to do a vigilante revenge movie for gods sake!!!!! Instead we get dialogue that sounds like it was written for TV by a bored house wife!

And what a stupid way to get revenge on Saint - Frank wouldn't waste time playing mind games getting Saint to turn on his best freind ! He just drive a tank into their hq and lob a cople of incendiaries at them - -end of story!!!!!

Pluses
- Thomas Jane was perfectly cast
- The actress that played Howard Saint's wife (I forget her name) is 1000% hot!!!

Minuses
- Just about everything else!

VENOMfan
Luara Harring, indeed she is hot

Arachnoidfreak
hmm, where to start.

Your opinion. everyone is entitled to them.

talk about an exaggeration. that dinner scene was maybe 10 minutes long. the scene where first shoots someone was quite the contrary. he shot a propane tank and blew the guy to bits. c'mon, that was awesome. He WAS a gun toting brooding vigilante, you obviously ran out of the movie theater a half hour before it was over, the final scene was classic Punisher.

more exaggeration. wow. you're kinda going overboard. The dialogue was great, and there was just enough violence for an origin movie. read Punisher's first comic, and you will see that the body count is not "equal to malaria"

John Woo?! No. Punisher is not a kung fu star. Bullet time would have made this movie overly cheesy, and just another Matrix rip-off. again, with the exaggeration(the dialogue comment)...getting kinda tiresome.

Quite the contrary. Punisher loves to let the enemy take itself out with mind games. it makes his job so much easier. you obviously dont read very many Punisher comics. i reccomend picking up the Circle of Blood TPB, great storyarc with Jigsaw(and some other villains, including a company called 'Trust') who is the projected villain for Punisher 2.

The Punisher movie was only supposed to lay down an origin and show his motivation and style. Punisher 2 will satisfy your violence needs, trust me. The story will most basic, the whole purpose of the movie will basically be to see Thomas Jane flex his muscles and kill loads of bad guys. Maybe show some new and interesting weapons, The Punisher certainly has an extensive supply(pick up The Punisher: Armory Volumes 1-4)

VENOMfan
I enjoyed the Punsiher. I think it was very well done for Marvels first rated R venture.

plenty of humor. I loved when that guy pulled a butterfly knife of Frank and he almost immediatley kicked his ass

Arachnoidfreak
haha, yea, that part was great. The part when that guy got all his piercings ripped out was...gruesome, but gun.

eleveninches
No no it's still not out here yet sad

:*( mad mad mad

Reborn Again
I was wondering about this movie, it just came and went like the wind. Did it do well?

Spawnie
For being the first serious attempt to screen the Punisher, I say it was nicely done. I saw the movie rip ( I had to, I couldn't wait for the damn thing to come overseas). Allthough I watched a really badly done rip (sound really suxored), I saw all that I needed to see. The dinner with the neighboiurs was real funny and I like his neighbours, all schizzos big grin. The movie has a dose of everytrhing they needed to present the Punisher. The bad guys deaths were also nicely done, I like it.

So don't be so hasty about this movie, be more openminded and accept it for what it is.

Austinzilla
i thought the Punisher was great...provided the fact that the first movies are never that great...they usually dont get good until the first sequel...but they did a great job on this one...it was very bloody...like on the level of Gladiator, not on the level of The Passion though...but i definitely enjoyed it...Thomas Jane played a perfect Frank Castle...i saw it on the first day and was completely pleased

Cinemaddiction
I was doing some sig pics for PunisherFan33 this afternoon, and cooked up a generic sig pic for any other Punisher fans that may want a related sig pic.

Enjoy!

Joker1237
I wonder is Jigsaw dead?? dont read much Punisher comics, just about one.

The reason I know of Jigsaw was becuase he team up with Mister J in that cross over. So I wonder if he killed Jigsaw down the road or what??

Alpha Centauri
I am still yet to see this movie and I want it to feel like a Marvel movie. That's what matters the most to me.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
This is the very first movie ever that I have bought the DVD the day after it came out. All others I wait for a while, but this one is my favorite comic book movie so far, so I made an exception.

FrothByte
i hate to be negative, but the punisher movie didn't feel anything like marvel. i don't know, it kinda just felt like an action movie, no 'comic' feeling. it was a good movie, but not up to standard with other marvel movies... my opinion though.

thomas jane was ok, but i was kinda looking for a bigger, more distinguished and meaner looking guy.

and damn that girl wass soooo hot.

Mane
who? Rebecca Romijn? or the woman who played Howard Saint's wife, Laura Harring? because Laura Harring is a total fox.

Beacon of Grace
I love this movie! It's on my gift list, for my Birthday...in a couple of weeks.

Magee
What r all u english ladies crying for? The Punisher came out on Friday, but im just gonna get it on dvd from the U.S, it is out on dvd there isnt it?

Mane
yeah it came out last Tuesday

Eidolon
The Punisher was by far, in my opinion, much better than all previous comic to films movies, save the Blade movies. I guess this is mainly cause I'm a huge fan of the Punisher, and it's the first R rated comics to film movie since Blade 1 and 2, which allowed for the Punisher to act like the Punisher (unlike Wolvi in X1 and X2, both good movies but made too much for kids, again my opinion).

I especially like how Frank just walked up the the Former boy-friend, punched him, disarmed him, and through him out. No freaking Kung-Fu, stupid quip remark fisrt, or overly flashy movies. Simple, efficient, and effective.

For those of you disapointed with the carnage, don't worry Punisher 2 promies to be a lot more bloody (as Frank gets into his new role as the punisher). Really, what did you expect in the first movie? The first movie had to explain Frank's life before things went to hell and his transistion to the punisher, so of course it ain't going to be as bloody or violent.

Arachnoidfreak
Here here! The Punisher was my favorite also.

mpatterson
who was the russian was it kevin nash, because my friends said it won't him, please can you tell them.

Paola
^ blink tell your friends?

TheFilmProphet
Yeah same thoughts here,

Anyway all I can tell you is that it was indeed Kevin Nash, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0330793/fullcredits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.