A few questions about 28 Day Later

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
in 28 Day Later, the people who get infected, are completely mental and only want to destroy, why wern't they killing one another? and why wern't they just trying to destroy all the buildings and cars and what not?
oh and in the "deleted scenes" it has a scene where the camera pans across to the other side of the freeway and there was cars driving around like normal.... what was the go with that?

Cinemaddiction
My take on it is that "Rage" doesn't effect every part of the brain, and that the zombies are apparently smarter than they appear. They obviously aren't dead, and "Rage", like road rage or anger in general, causes the infected to lash out at other humans that aren't already afflicted.

They don't ravage buildings and what not because that wasn't the premise/message of the movie. It wasn't to exploit the world's problem with looting and stealing, it was to show how senseless violence in general is lending a hand in the downfall of society.

As for the cars evacuating, I'm sure it was cut out since the place was supposed to be as desolate as possible, making Jim and Selena's survival more believable.

Mordecai
I thought the movie's message was to show how defenseless we are to an epidemic.

BackFire
The movie had several messages. Both of the ones listed above are correct. It also has the basic zombie movie message that humans bring about their own destruction and the zombies are in turn a creation of the careless humans.

tabby999
yeah, but in that doco with the people in the movie and they talk about how theres gonna be a pandemic in the forseable future they say the infected want to destroy everything and everyone, but the only chase uninfected people. oh and i didn't meen "why was the cars sceen cut" i ment "whats the deal with it?" was it supposed to represent how that guy at the end was right and their simply being quarantined or what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.