Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason420
why does everyone love Venom dont get me wrong I love Venom too hes my fav villian (even though he not always a villian) in comic books
but why does everyone here like him?

kal-el
Coz we're all dark, twisted sick f*cks! Apart from me. I like him too but I'm just not the for-mentioned stuff! I think seriously though it's the way he looks for me. I mean the current comics are just crap IMO but I still collect em.The covers are always pretty impressive and good covers are nice.

wolverine8888
venom comic im my opiun are good just not enoguh fighting

SuperNova
Dude... No one here but me and VenomFan actually like Venom... Jason has some sort of problem, because im supporting him... he goes nuts and thinks something is up...
Jason... you kind of have a problem with thinking you know everything, youve got a problem when someone says something is better than what you think is best, you think everyone likes it. The point is, Spawn is not well known, so people arent going to support him, and since spawn is what you like most, you think people are messed up.
DONT make pointless topics asking why people like Venom, because im prooving you wrong so much doesnt mean everyone likes him...

Jason420
I just want to know why Venom is so popular dummy

tintedoils
probably cause venom is like a version of spiderman let loose, he is what we all wanted during the time parker had the costume.
spiderman devoid of family and constraints that get in the way of battles and vengance(except the innocent).
spidey is a very grownded character whilst venom is much like a ronin

Spawnie
Hey it's not a news flash that the greatest characters r both good and bad. That is why we like them, cuz they sometimes act crazy out of impulse, they have their own agenda, they have their own troubled mind. Conflicts of personality and the need for redemption, doesn't that sound interesting to u? apealing? Well it does to me.

HAve u seen the movie : once upon a time in mexico
who did u like best in that movie? I loved Depp and the sinister character that he played. See my point? Again I have chosen a guy that is completely insane and hungry for money, but towards the end of the movie the guy redeems himself by saving the kid on the street. It's a character that u love to hate. I have the same love for Darkness and what he rappresents, allthough he is not really your average hero. He is a mafia killer since he was a teenager, and then at 21 he gets the power of Darkness. Go figure what he went on doing with that kind of power smile.

kal-el
that was one funny movie too. It had a good sense of humour. eg/Depp, the CIA agent walking around in public with one of those CIA T-shirts. I was cracking up at that!

Jason420
I love venom hes my fav villian or vigilante whatever he is now

Jason420
just wonderin why hes so popular

Jason420
spawn isnt what i like most i like spider-man and spawn could beat venom venom gats weakened by loud noises or whatever and he gets weakened by fire wich spawns cape can do anything IMO i think spawn can beat venom you just support venom cause thats who you like the most i like venom more than spawn but you have to look at the facts you dont like it when people say somethin bad about venom venom isnt the most powerful character ever and comeon spawn is a hellspawn hell and lucifer are the 2nd strongest things in the world so spawn can beat venom sorry Happy Dance

Spawnie
U can't say that Spawn is not well known, but it's obvious that Venom is more popular cuz he's been arround longer. Plus Venom is not that published as Spawn, maybe it's cuz of that. Maybe with making things more limited u still get to preserve a high interest. Maybe it's because Venom was the first symbiote, and that many ppl think that Spawn is just a more refined version of the same. There is a large number of comics out there, meaning Spawn has lots of competition, so it doesn't surprise me is Venom is more popular. Spawn is not so popular with kids as is Venom, and I'll give it all to his connection to the Spiderman comic that has been in circulation for decades. If they made Venom first and then Spiderman, who knows. Plus, it's a symbiote and when he gets his host he gives him great powers, what more could u want. It's a great idea I give them that.

tintedoils
YEAH ITS GOOD TO KEEP A CERTAIN MYSTERY AND SPECIAL APPEARANCE QUALITY TO A CHARACTER, OTHERWISE IF A CHARACTER IS TOO EXPOSED THEY LOOSE THEIR INDIVIDUALITY BECOMING ANOTHER MONTHLY SERIES

Captain America
While Captain America is my fav hero, Venom is my fav villian. If you would call him that, he acts on the side of good alot. Now I'm not saying I know more about him than anyone else, I have just liked him since I got that action figure of him when I was a kid, you know the one that you squeeze the legs together to make the mouth open.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.