Superman vs. Jedi Master Anakin Sky Walker!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperDarryl
Lets do this. Their is no wrong answer guys. The 2 would never meet, never, but still fun to discuss and talk about who is the *****. Anything goes people. The Man of Steal vs. Anakin SkyWalker(young Anakin)!

kal-el
Superman. I can't stand starwars by the way so I'm partial and lacking knowledge. But yeah - Superman

wolverine8888
superman with out a dought the saber brobly wouldent even scrach him

SuperDarryl
So far thats 2 votes for Sueprman, Ilike Sups favored as well although Superman doesn't have the powers of tht force he can't move stuff with his mind like although he is bad ass.

Gregory
Superman. When you can move a good fraction of the speed of light, lift tankers without effert, and cut through steel with your vision, not being able to move things with your mind isn't a huge deal.

SuperDarryl
You think Anakin as a Jedi Master could stop Superman from flying at him with the force?

SuperDarryl
What would happen if Anakin hit Superman with his light sabor. Would he be slashed?

norrin radd
probably not, superman would be the winner. And anakin is much cooler when he is DARTH VADER, even so he would loose anyway

Viper
Lightsaber or no, Superman gets the win.

Red Superfly
You are all obviously biased.

The Force is the living aura that surrounds everything. Even Superman. Jedi and evil Jedi (Sith) can use that against the likes of Superman. Drain him, stop him from flying, do a lot of things to him that Kryptonite would. They also have enhanced speed and vision, and can predict several seconds ahead in the future, even further if they think harder.

A lightsaber would also hurt Superman I think. A lightsaber is made from pure light, the only think it can't cut through is another lightsaber.

Then again, I'm fighting against ignorance here so I guess arguing (even if it is to start a somewhat decent debate and get this thing away from stupid fanboyish-ness) about it won't do much help.

Viper
Enjoy your high horse oh intelligent one roll eyes (sarcastic)

Red Superfly
Sorry, of course, who was I to insult anyone? There's always an answer roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rasta
Enhanced speed? That's nothing compared to near light speed, and looking into the future does what, make them aware of the mind blowing force that is about to fly at them? What can they do, even if they do know its about to happen, they're not fast enough to move away even if they've forseen the events.

It's actually pure energy, and remember that light and heat are both forms of energy, however, a lightsaber has been reported in the books to not generate heat. The only time "heat" comes from a lightsaber is when the energy of the blade passes through an object (such as when they use the blade to try and melt the door in Episode 1). Trying to use the lightsaber as a space heater would not work. But since Superman is heat-resistant, and has been known to enter the sun I see this as not much of a problem, the heat it generates when slicing would not be sufficient.

Red Superfly
OK cool, I was just trying to spark a debate - I was getting fed up of the "Superman would win cos I say so and I ain't gonna explain why" replies.

It makes for very boring reading.

And I never said Superman wouldn't win, I haven't made my mind up about it yet. Jedi aren't really Superheroes are they? In Eps 1 & 2 they certainly are portrayed like superheroes, what with the constant jumping around, floating, somersaults and superior ninja action. In the Original Trilogy they were just druid-type warriors, that did the odd flip, maybe a spin, every now and then, and were much more like fencers in combat.

They are also based on totally different laws of the physical and natural world to the likes of full blown superheroes.

So yeah, Superman would probably win, you are right, but it's a kind of mismatch to begin with and a little unfair to pair them up like this, it kinda cheapens the image of the Jedi when you start comparing them to the likes of Superman.

Rasta
I couldn't have said it any better myself, they're far too different in terms of laws and such.

As for the jumping, back in the first trilogy it wasn't used as much because of the CGI limitations, but it has always been known to be possible for Jedi's to force jump huge heights. I think it is a more accurate portrayl of Jedi's in the more recent trilogy, skilled, fast, quick thinking, and acrobatic.

SuperDarryl
I think that Jedi's and Sith lords and stuff are really cool, but the problem is what happens if you throw a Jedi into the sun, he's incenertated right? Yes ok. What happens when Superman flies into the sun? He can just sit on their right? Yes right. Superman is on a different plain, Jedi's are cool, but Superman is jut to good.

Evangel94
Lucas has more money than superman, therefore he wins,

crazyspinz
superman wins, anakin has no green rock

Evangel94
He'll use Yoda then.

crazyspinz
well, yoda, thats another story. yoda is like frikin god. he owns all

ps when does my battle start eva?

SnakeEyes
man i wish these type of threads would be closed...

FrothByte
well we should also consider jedi knights as strong as anakin has a good deal of telepathy... at least in making beings not strong in will power do their bidding. im not sure if supe's has got enuf will power to counter the jedi's telepathy.

wrathofachilles
Yoda's not a god. He's extremely powerful, but he doesn't have the potential that Anakin has. I hate Star Wars vs. Comics threads because they don't work. We have no idea whether Superman can be affected by a lightsaber or by the Force. If he can, then Vader *Anakin is too much of a hothead to be effective* could very well kill him, but if not, Superman without breaking much of a sweat.

who?-kid
Any Jedi or Sith has 0,5 % chance of defeating Superman. There are really countless ways for Superman to win, but very few ways for the Jedis to beat Superman.

Telepathy ? Maaaaybee, very maybe. IF it works on somebody from the planet Krypton, you still have the very strong personality of Superman. And Superman is one the fastest heroes ever. The moment he senses his opponent is playing with his mind, he throws a mountain at him (well, not really, but that's what I would do wink ).

Lightsaber ? Yeah right, just like Superman is going to sit down and say : be my guest, cut me open (again, IF a lightsaber can get the job done).

The Force ? That slow working, rather vague force that allows some people some powers ? No way.

The speed thing alone would be a very major problem to overcome for the Force-users. And I'm not even speaking of his incredible strength, his intelligence, his strong personality, his durability, his coldbreath... you name it.

star22
Anakin. He can stop Superman from moving, being a jedi and all. He can force Superman to think whatever he wants him to.

who?-kid
No he can't !

star22
And why not? That is what jedi do. Jedi are the most powerful people ever.

FeceMan
Methinks Superman.

Superman's powers--super strength, super speed, flight, heat vision, extreme vocal powers, ice breath, almost complete invulnerability.

Anakin--has a lightsaber, reflexes that are above the level of any human's (I'm reluctant to call them 'super'), average strength, limited telekinesis, limited mind-altering abilities, and "force choke". (Correct me if I'm wrong about the lightning thing.)

To be honest, I HATE describing the use of the force as "force powers" like "force jump" or "force absorb", but this time I don't know how else to do so. Now, "force choke" in the movies seems to either involve crushing the trachea or closing off the trachea via depressing the epiglottis. However, the victims seem to die far too quickly for simple suffocation. Like in KotOR, does "force choke" involve spasms of the organs and/or peritoneum?

If this were the case, I could see how Anakin could stand a fighting chance--assuming, of course, that he could injure Superman in this manner.

However, I believe Supes has this fight easily.

who?-kid
Hey, I didn't know that. Now I'm convinced... wink

Arsenal
Listen to yourselves! Anakin beat Superman? There's nothing Anakin could do to hurt Supes...NOTHING!

norrin radd

FeceMan
Errr...does no one want to respond to my post? I spent time, you know, thinking instead of just saying "OMG SUPERMAN WOULD PWN ANAKING LOLZ @ TEH N00BS WHO TIHNK A JEDI CULD BEAT HIM ROFLMAO!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
11"

Arsenal
I don't know why you spent time on it, it still comes out to the same result.

who?-kid
I feel your pain stick out tongue

pr1983
superman pisses on anakin, literally, the little boy couldnt last ten minutes, even with his little jedi mind tricks (that probably won't work anyway).

FeceMan
Actually, it doesn't turn out the same. I'm still wondering Anakin could hurt Supes or not with "force choke".

Arsenal
Heat vision vs. Force choke, I'm going with heat vision. It wouldn't even take 5 seconds to reduce Anakin to a smouldering heap of ash on the ground while Anakin would probably have to use force choke until he's blue in the face and even by then it probably wouldn't have any effect.

star22
Yes, but Anakin can stop the heat vision before it ever hits him. Jedi can do that. It would be the same as when they stop blaster bolts from hitting them.

Arsenal
Supes' heat vision is stronger then any 'ol blaster bolt(s).

star22
So? Anakin can still stop it. He just has to hold up his hand and use the force. The heat vision will stop.

My comparison was not very good. Actually, I see the heat vision as more like force lightning. That is still stoppable by a jedi, and so is the heat vision.

Arsenal
A Jedi couldn't stop Superman's heat vision it's too powerful. Besides that, Superman has way too many powers for Anakin too handle anyway. He could freeze him, make a hurricane around him, the possibilities are endless (although one punch would be sufficient)

wrathofachilles
Anakin can't do half the things Vader can star. He's not going to stop Supes' heat vision. That's why I said Anakin won't be effective, but Vader may succeed. However, the mind trick will have no effect whatsoever, Superman is far too strong-willed for that to work.

star22
Anakin is Vader. Same person, just using a different side of the force. Anakin is just as powerful as Vader.

who?-kid
Whatever you say, dude. I'm done debating. Superman wins, end of story.

wrathofachilles
I know damn good and well it's the same person smart ass. Fact is Anakin is not as powerful as Vader. Anakin is younger, stupider, and more headstrong. He doesn't have the discipline nor the focus and concentration that Vader has. Jedi/Sith increase in power as they get older because they get more disciplined. It's like martial arts, you get better the more you train. Anakin did things Vader didn't do because he was more flexible *having all his body and whatnot* but doing acrobatic tricks is not a reflection of power. Vader is superior in the Force.

Fanboy
Superman would win.

who?-kid
Indeed.

Creshosk
Who the heck is Jedi "MASTER" Anakin Sky Walker?

(and how do you put emphesis on a space?)

Regardless, Superman wins this one.

Blair Wind
the winner is.......(lookatthesig)

Fanboy
The winer is Superman.

yahman
Who reckons a Light saber to cu thru Superman? cool

shaolin9976
Skywalker dies in an instant. Superspeed + superstrenght = Skywalker dead!

Onikirimaru
I always get a kick out of these topics because all the Vader Haters say stuff like "Jedi cant block heat vision! ROFL!" when there is literally no comparison between the universes to go by, so the only thing you can base that statement on is fandom.

Since everyone else is getting the fanboys out I guess I should too.

Anakin is too much of a wuss to do anything to anyone. VADER, on the other hand, would pull some shiasty shenadagins. Hed pop a peice of Kryptonite into his lightsaber, cut Superman's head off, and force poop down his neck. Then go have a smoke and a pancake and bang Lois the nasty way. ROFL!!!!!!!!!11111111111

whirlysplat
Originally posted by who?-kid
Whatever you say, dude. I'm done debating. Superman wins, end of story.

So truebig grin

Hegemon875
Originally posted by star22
Yes, but Anakin can stop the heat vision before it ever hits him. Jedi can do that. It would be the same as when they stop blaster bolts from hitting them.

wow, those jedi's must have wanted to die in the order 66 scenes.

Dark Thor
Originally posted by Red Superfly
You are all obviously biased.

The Force is the living aura that surrounds everything. Even Superman. Jedi and evil Jedi (Sith) can use that against the likes of Superman. Drain him, stop him from flying, do a lot of things to him that Kryptonite would. They also have enhanced speed and vision, and can predict several seconds ahead in the future, even further if they think harder.

A lightsaber would also hurt Superman I think. A lightsaber is made from pure light, the only think it can't cut through is another lightsaber.

Then again, I'm fighting against ignorance here so I guess arguing (even if it is to start a somewhat decent debate and get this thing away from stupid fanboyish-ness) about it won't do much help.

i agree

Dark Thor
Originally posted by Hegemon875
wow, those jedi's must have wanted to die in the order 66 scenes.

they were studying Niman, a lightsaber combat focused on debating. The Jedi who didnt used Niman were killed by Anakin (Darth Vader at that time).

Savior
Superman sucks. Go Anakin!!!

LGodamus
Super man would own the entire jedi council....at the same time, there is no comparison. Its just not a fair fight...totally different power scales.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Dark Thor
they were studying Niman, a lightsaber combat focused on debating. The Jedi who didnt used Niman were killed by Anakin (Darth Vader at that time).

Is that considered cannon?

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by Dark Thor

I dont think I understand, those Jedi's lightsaber skills were good at debating? So they could reflect the blaster bolts because they were only good at debating things? And the ones that could really stop the bolts were killed by Vader, is that what you mean? So all the Jedis that were good in a fight stayed home to get owned by Vader, and they sent their Jedi Master De-Bators into war?

NoFate007
As someone mentioned before, I don't think these threads work. We don't know what Jedi are capable of or how a lightsaber would fare against Superman. Jedi are extremely powerful, especially one with as much potential as Anakin Skywalker. I think if you take huge powerhouses like Superman vs a highly advanced Jedi, we just have to call it a stalemate until we get some sort of proof. Personally I think Anakin would win unless it was very close quarters. However, when there's some sort of comic that shows us, if it proves that Superman would dominate, then hey, Superman would dominate.

shaolin9976
I think it's just common sense that a jedi has no match against the man of steel...superman has too many weapons to kill a jedi knight...even if it is a master jedi...for example...superman can use his heat vision to melt a jedi...what's a jedi going to do when superman speed blitz him...will he know when to move...i think it's not the same caliber at all...superman wins this one easily!

EsteemedLeader
supes wins. now if it was vader, he would stand a chance

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Onikirimaru
Hed pop a peice of Kryptonite into his lightsaber, cut Superman's head off, and force poop down his neck.
Kryptonite doesn't exsist in the Star Wars universe nor does Vader know it hurts Superman.
Originally posted by Hegemon875
Is that considered cannon?
Not really. It's EU stuff.

NoFate007
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Kryptonite doesn't exsist in the Star Wars universe nor does Vader know it hurts Superman.

Superman doesn't exist in the Star Wars univers big grin

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by NoFate007
Superman doesn't exist in the Star Wars univers big grin
Superman isn't kryptonite. Vader doesn't know what kyptonite is nor does he know it hurts Superman.

NoFate007
Vader doesn't even know that Superman exists!!!

Swanky-Tuna
He will be when he's eating his fists.

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by shaolin9976
I think it's just common sense that a jedi has no match against the man of steel...superman has too many weapons to kill a jedi knight...even if it is a master jedi...for example...superman can use his heat vision to melt a jedi...what's a jedi going to do when superman speed blitz him...will he know when to move...i think it's not the same caliber at all...superman wins this one easily!

Thats the point I was making, YOU dont know that a lightsaber cant reflect heat vision. You dont know that the force can dissipate it. It could be just like a blaster bolt. There is no way that any of us knows that. You dont know what power the force has over Superman. If its in living things, then it could affect superman just like ANY other living thing. Or it may not. We dont know, nobody knows. Lightsaber combat is done not through swordplay, but by the user tapping into the force and reading his opponent. Thats why only jedis can use lightsabers effectivly in combat. Who is to say that when Superman speed blitzs, which he never does anyway, that a jedi cant tap into the force, and read his movements just like any other time he reads the force. Who is to say that in Star Wars, what they call AA batteries, Superman calls Kryptonite! Nobody can say for sure, because there is no basis for comparison! Thats why its pointless. There is no VALID basis for arguement for either side.

yugotank
Supes for the win! Captain Kirk could beat any Jedi with his famous drop kick! laughing

Juntai
Superman breathes at him, and the fight is over.
And no, a lightsaber isn't cutting him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.