EpII...your ideas..??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lyn
Alright...there aren't many people who liked the way GL wrote the romance between Anakin & Padme...which is fair enough because I know the lines are a little...odd at times.

Aside from the lines though, I think the locations and situations are pretty romantic; the roll in the meadow, the kiss in the chariot thing etc.
So, I was wondering, what would you have done?? Any ideas about the romance?? Though...this will probably become a EpII-Romance bashing thread... sad

yerssot
well, the problem was... it was badly done...
I mean, she "has no feelings" but she goes rolling over him ending in a rather ... nice pose

she wrings into this corset that gets some guys going already and talks about not wanting to get into a relationship...

all in all... she gives the signs and stops things from happening and for a star wars movie, that's too complicated
In ESB, Leia kissed Han on the cheek ones ("You do have your moments, not many but you do have them"wink
and he on her forhead (dunno the line it's in Cloud City)
and before you know it, Han gets freezes in and before that Leia says he loves him. That worked better, cause she didn't play hard to get and gave the "go-ahead" immediatly sort of speak, not this beating around the bush

Lyn
Yeah, I get what you mean there. That black dress wasn't exactly the best way to turn him off the idea.
Leia/Han did work better and it was more believable...but we can't have that happen with this relationship. I wish they'd left the scenes at Padme's in, at least.

Darth Revan
I agree with you completely.

So what could've been done better... Make it more like ESB... I know it sounds weird but I think it would've been kinda cool if they had sorta mirrored each other if ya know what I mean

yerssot
it's not that hard, I mean, instead of getting her to Naboo where she is safe, let her run around a little bit, getting attacked here and there so that you have a bit of tension like there was in ESB

Ushgarak
Naboo was the error in AOTC, for sure.

finti
agreed

§pearhead
Just to touch upon the romance part of it...it doesn't show too clearly that Padme likes Vader.

As for the rest of the story...it took GL too long to say too little--AOTC could easily have been made an hour or so shorter. He hasn't established enough, so Ep. III will have too much to show, make it rushed, and therefore...not as good.

Lyn
I always just figured Naboo was the location because it made things more romantic. But I do think having more action would've helped.

yerssot
star wars and romance just don't get along, lyn
first kiss they gave in SW was a goodluck kiss to make the swing, remember wink

Lyn
laughing
I know, I know...I wish now, after some reflection that the romance had been better...but regardless I still love it.
And actually...I wouldn't have found so many faults in it if I hadn't started visiting here. stick out tongue wink

yerssot
yes, some mean people here have that influence on others wink

finti
dont think se ever did either.
Anakin yes Vader no

Rogue Jedi
yeah, she doesnt strike me as a member of the vader fan club.

Darth Revan
But see in ESB they didn't have to land on no pretty planet make it more romantic no2

yerssot
Solo just had to be the scoundrel wink

Lyn
Indeed.

True... wink stick out tongue

OB1-adobe
I would'nt have done anything different. I probably would have made it worse. I think the whole thing was suppose to be kind of over dramatic and cheesy. The lines about 'sand' and 'silky smooth' really did not bother me all that much. I just thought the film was hard to get through the first time around because you were expecting things to happen, and had to get through all of the exposition even though you knew were these characters were headed. It was kinda rough, but I like it now.

Lyn
So, you don't mind the romance?? I think you're like me...I didn't LOVE the lines about sand and stuff but I still enjoyed the romance.

yerssot
But it does get into everywhere eek!

Lyn
laughing stick out tongue wink roll eyes (sarcastic)

super shadow GL
thats funny but i likes the romance it was pretty cool cuz we dindt get to see that anywere before in the SW movies

Lyn
Yeah, it was very different. I liked it.

super shadow GL
for a guy its kinda cheesy dontcha think.

Lyn
No it's not...not at all. There's nothing wrong with us chicks enjoying the action side of things so what makes your case any different..??

yerssot
then why aren't there many jedi chicks?

super shadow GL
id not not know but "long live the jedi chicks".

Lyn
Good question yerss...I really don't know. But we are out there...big grin wink stick out tongue

WOOHOO..!! happy Happy Dance Thanx buddie...

super shadow GL
lol your welcome LYN

Lyn
happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.