Which band is best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tari_Ringeril
Which band do you think is the best?

HockeyHorror
i dont listen to ANY type or rock/metal music but i have feeling someone is gonna say

"Thats a weak list"

but i may be wrong

Tari_Ringeril
I tried to make it in a wide array of music but messed me being a big Godsmack and Puddle of Mudd Fan...yea, I dont listen to much of the others, but the All-American Rejects...(is an awesome band, love then) is something my bf got me into! as for Taproot, I like most of thier music, and Staind, I think their music holds a lot of messages

Df02
Taproot....because theyre the only ones i like on there, sorry - not really my style of music sad

ElectricBugaloo
thats a weak list of trendy "rock" music

Tari_Ringeril
Hey it's okay, we all have certain styles of music, I should of put different ones on there, instead of ones that are close to the same Genre

HockeyHorror
*thinks to himself: Do i dare make a hip hop best group poll*

hmmm

*no* laughing out loud
sad
we need more hip hop heads

Tari_Ringeril
lol I don't listen to that kind of music...I feel that it has to much..I dont know...I can't figure that out yet

Df02
wouldnt call it a weak list.......
just a different subgenre of rock.

If i was to post a list of my favourite bands and ask which was best, ud probably have trouble...because its not what u like, if u dont like ne of the bands. dont vote which is best

Tari_Ringeril
you can also post which band you think is the best, big grin You dont have to go by the poll unless there is actually a band you like up there

Df02
Well off their id say Taproot smile
and my favourite 'band' is either Alec Empire or Deftones

Tari_Ringeril
Dude, I almost forgot about Deftones, they are awesome ....say, do you like Incubus as well?

Df02
lol, actually listening to Incubus - Make Yourself album now embarrasment

psychic....or psycho :/

Tari_Ringeril
lol I dunno, I like Incubus, my favorite song by them is Warning

Df02
Incubus and Deftones are kinda weird for me to like... im usually more of an industrial rock person sad

nah its all about Echo, my favourite Incubus song stick out tongue

Tari_Ringeril
coolies, so what other bands do you like smile

Df02

steely balls
i like none of them....not really high quality music

Tari_Ringeril
Dude, Nine Inch Nails are awesome....<.< >.> my ex boyfriend seemed to always play their song Closer when I was at his house...creeped me out....

Df02
yea closers good smile
Hurt is good aswell ^^

and Trent Reznor is a legend wink

Tari_Ringeril
Steely you dont like anything do you? I need to listen to more of their songs lol

Df02
Steely likes men whistle

Tari_Ringeril
LOL laughinglaughinglaughinglaughinglaughing

Df02
cant beleive u put good charlotte in any sort of "good band" list

Tari_Ringeril
I dont really like them either, but some of my friends listen to them

steely balls
i can show u a list of all the music i like...

steely balls
HEY THAT GAY SEX WE HAD IS BETWEEN ME AND U....KEEP ON SUBJECT...jeese

Tari_Ringeril
O.O

steely balls
yeah ok

steely balls
i'll poop on your chest

Tari_Ringeril
o.k....*goes back to listening to Crazy Town*

steely balls
*giggles*

total metalhead
that list kinda blows erm

Taproot are ok and Staind have made one good album, but apart from that...Linkin Park/Good Charlotte/Evanesence etc are just plain horrible.

Tari_Ringeril
Ill try to make it better next time

Myth
Yay, my 4 favorites so far are the only ones that have been voted for (out of these selections)

1. Puddle
2. Godsmack
3. Staind
4. Taproot (w/ Evanescence close behind)

Tari_Ringeril
My fave band is Godsmack

steely balls
i agree

ElectricBugaloo
Godsmack: I used to like them, but they're just too damned repetitive

All American Rejects: one hit wonder with a mediocre pop rock song

Linkin Park: Where do I begin?

Good Charlotte: the epitome of pop punk

Switchfoot: I like that one song on the radio, haven't heard enough of their stuff to make an accurate judgement

Taproot: Kinda like Godsmack. I got tired of hearing the same thing over and over.

Trapt: HEADSTRONG

Puddle of Mudd: Meh

Evanescense: There is just something wrong...i'm not sure what. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with being fake goth

Staind: One good album, then got pretty damned whiny

Darth Revan
The following are good to ok: (I left out a few that I haven't heard much of)

Godsmack
All-American Rejects
Trapt
Puddle of Mudd
Staind

Tari_Ringeril
*Mine and Lance's song, Paperheart by All-American Rejects*

Jeff_Atello
That's a horrible list. Oh well, though...

I voted Good Charotte because I really liked their self-titled album, and they are the band who really got me into punk. Godsmack used to be great until I realized that everything they do is exactly the same. And I really like Switchfoot, and have for about 3 years, before they got famous.

jE¬KiLL¬HYDe
None of the bands I like are up there... but the bands I like are all Japanese, so XD

From the choices given, I'd say Evanescence-- I sort-of-almost-not-really like "My Immortal...." I think that most of Evanescence's songs sound a bit too suicidal... but My Immortal is... okay. ^_^ I guess....

Tari_Ringeril
I like a japanese artist, Utada Hikaru

rupertsgurl4eva
ya there all really more modern POProck but if i had 2 choose...
i guess it would be Linkin Park

Black Onyx

so hard

**** YA

GC

who do you think i am ******* a pop star nah

DaRk Jester
I guss that Good Charlotte is ok confused

Tari_Ringeril
Godsmack is in the lead with 4 points
Good Charlotee 2nd with 3
Three way tie in third, Linkin Taproot, Puddle of Mudd, and Evanescene with 2 points
and a two way tie in fourth place with Staind and Linkin Park with 1 point

total metalhead
Staind now have 2 points cool

there was no way in hell i was letting them sit down there with Nsyncin Park no

Tari_Ringeril
lol

Tari_Ringeril
Still in first is godsmack with 4
Second Good Charlotte and Evanescene with 3
And in third Taproot, Staind, Linkin Park and Puddle of Mudd with 2

ElectricBugaloo
i think the REAL winner is "that list sucks"

total metalhead
cool i've never heard that band before smile

ElectricBugaloo
well, it's the overwhelming leader right now...

goremaestro_666

total metalhead
firstly, there are no nu metal bands on that poll (unless you count Godsmack as nu metal)

All American Rejects, Good Charlotte, Switchfoot and Evanescence are pop-rock, Taproot, Trapt, Puddle Of Mudd and Staind are grunge and Linkin Park are plain pop.

secondly, there are lots of nu metal bands that dont suck. and it is real metal. all sub-genres of metal are metal, they just contain a different element of it.

ElectricBugaloo
*pseudo Grunge

they aren't grunge.

total metalhead
Of course not.

So how would you classify them?

ElectricBugaloo
I'm not sure, that's why i put Pseudo Grunge. I'd consider Taproot and maybe Staind pseudo grunge, but the other two, i'd just put under 'generic rock'.

total metalhead
Personally I wouldn't give Puddle Of Mudd the honor of being classed as any kind of rock, even if it is generic.

ElectricBugaloo
unfortunately, i think that's the only place to put them. maybe post cock rock if you want to get pretentious

total metalhead
No your right, it just annoys me how easy it is for shitty semi-talentless pop groups to pass themselves off as rock nowadays.

ElectricBugaloo
it's always been like that, really. It's just we don't remember the bands like that from the 60s and 70s (with the exception of Kiss..who i hate)...but back to the point...

crappy rock music is and forever will be a part of music, just as good music is.

total metalhead
Yeah I guess. Well at least we can take some comfort from the fact that like the crappy rock of the 60's and 70's, in 10 years time we won't even remember the majority of the MTV generation.

forumcrew
some of those choices and the word best.. makes me sick

ElectricBugaloo
i wouldn't go that far...we still remember 80s music

total metalhead
Well I try to suppress the memory messed

But still I think there is a large percentage of bands today that are so flatly unremarkable they will be forgotten just as quickly as they rose to fame, and that could take much less than 10 years.

ElectricBugaloo
yeah...did someone say Spin Doctors?

Silverchair?

el_barto
i think they all suck

Tari_Ringeril
I don't really like good Charlotte, my sister listens to it to much...new poll!

Which band do you think is the worst?

Choices...

Look at the poll!

Tari_Ringeril
*bumps to top*

Tari_Ringeril
the polls still alive and kicking at least

Izam
HMM... you're asking me to pick one? If I had to I'd choose GC, ONLY because they're songs have hidden messages. "Hold on" has a really strong meaning, and it's saved at least...four people that I can think of In my school alone.

Izam
that was for good bands... the worst I think is godsmack.

total metalhead
Godsmack are fu'ckin crap, but they're way better than all of the bands there except for Staind and Taproot. The worst band there is either Linkin Park or Good Charlotte. Pop music sucks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.