Black and White

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

QPex
Is it true that they had to use the black and white on the Crazy 88 fight because it would have been rated NC-17. Anyway this movie rocks and I have heard 2 is even better so I can't wait.

Myth
I've heard that it is. It could also be seen as a homage to old Kung Fu movies but with that amount of blood, it would have been NC-17. Same with the anime scene. Its a homage of the Japanese anime but at the same time those scenes couldn't have been done with a girl that young having sex.

QPex
I wonder if there will be an unrated version with color. I really don't mind the black and white cuz it kinda looks cool. I think they will not cuz if you look at some of the blood it looks more clear like they just used water but maby I didn't see it right.

Myth
I was going to mention the water thing too. I'm pretty sure they won't have an unrated version with that. But I'd love to see that in the special edition where they show those scenes in color. I haven't checked the making of yet, does anybody know if it shows any of the scenes like that?

WindDancer
In the U.S. KB vol.1 scene is in black and white and it does show during the fight (Another reason why I HATE censorship). Anyways if you are in the U.S. try to find a Region-3 copy (Asia). In that version there is no black/white during the fight.

Fire
what's wrong with blakc and white?

WindDancer
Nothing, Is just that the fight of the Bride and the Crazy 88 was shown on black/white here in the States. Whereas in Asia the fight was shown in full color. We just want the color version of the fight.

QPex
Can you find the Region-3 copy anywhere like bestbuy or do you have to get off the internet? Cuz if you can get it anywhere then ill just sell the original I got and get the Region-3. Also I wonder if someone will have a download somewhere that will just have that scene cuz that would be great too.

WindDancer
I'm doing the search myself. I not sure if BB would have region 3. This site has the region 3.

http://www10.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=10734

I'll keep looking, stayed tuned.

MR_TiGGer
I'd heard it was strictly Japan with the Colour sequence due to the fact the wise Japanese understand "IT'S A FILM" but in the God fearing US of A and the rest of the muppet planet with censorship seem to believe "If 'The Bride' can chop up 88 peeps with swords, well we all just might have a go down our local supermarket.

Hmmmmmmm "QT Told me to kill all those school children, and not cos I'm a complete basket case" ..... one day someone will try it *sigh*

gonna lie down now, as everytime I watch it I know it should be in color, and it makes me so cross I want to go down to a local supermarket and chop up lots of people ..... to prove a point laughing

Grrrrrrrrrr mad

Crash Overload
It woun't work with the DVDs, the coduing is different.

Myth
I think its a neat affect. It fits in very well with how the movie is filmed.

Myth
BTW: In the color version wouldn't it look like crap since the blood is so clear? I swear that they just used water so I don't see how a colored version would work.

Samas-adian
I love the B&W scene. Its more stylized then having it in colour and it goes well with the whole movie. The scene that the anime part was used was more because it was shown with real actors, it would take away from the movie cause it was a more realistic situation than the whole movie.

TrAnCeDuO
i admit...it was...unique....but overall i thought it was annoying...if i wanna watch something in black and white ill go watch the three stooges...leave stuff like this ALONE...plus not point out other movies...in freddy got fingered theres so many things in that movie that could be considered X rated but they never censored it...also look at that crap ass movie signs....the kid kills a german shepard with a fork!how violent is that!? so whats the deal!? they can have the above mentioned that would be considered extremely violent and sexual...but they cant have one woman killing 60 or so people(btw the crazy 88 is just a name...they aernt actually 88 people...just a little dialogue i picked up from the second volume)what kinda injustice is that!?

QPex
I watched it again and I really think that they used water in the black and white cuz it is a lot more clear than the regular blood. The normal blood almost looks black and the possible water blood looks totaly transparent.

Samas-adian
Black and White isnt that bad...In Schindler's List it worked amazingly...and you can do alot with it also.

And Signs is a great movie...and your logic about censorship is lacking. You dont see the kid killing the dog, only the aftermath. In Kill Bill, seeing body parts fly, guts falling on floors, scalps and part of brain getting sliced off, rape, people getting shot in the head. So are you saying this is less violent then a dog getting killed??? Just one dog remember, and you dont even see it.

TrAnCeDuO
well to be honest with you i havent ever seen the movie signs but this link right here tells me not to...http://maddox.xmission.com/signs.html
but have you ever seen the movie freddy got fingered? that movie was almost sonsidered to be rated x but it didnt have one spot of censorship in it...

Myth
I completely disagree with the points that you have made Trance. I have not seen Freddy Got Fingered so I will not touch on that (please tell me exactly what is in it). However, like Samas said, Signs doesn't show crap in the sense of the boy killing the dog and you should watch movies that you are going to compare (btw: you should watch Signs). Even if it did show it and it was brutal, then it still is not as bad as showing somebody slaughter humans. Besides, the boy does it in self defense while the Bride is out for revenge which is not as ethical.

BTW: I don't know if the 3 Stooges thing was the best analogy.

Fire
I'll have to rent it but I'm pretty sure I saw it in colour at the movies.

WindDancer
True, Unless you have a multimod:

http://www.multimod.com/uk/shop/510-multimod.html

raging_bull80
Hi everyone... YES Its true... there's an uncut version of Kill Bill on DVD from Asia that shows the Crazy 88 fight sequence in full colour. The fight is much longer and more gory. The Anime sequence is also much longer and violent, as is the end of the film when Uma thurman does actually cut off sofie's other arm in the boot of the car.
The only draw back is that you have to turn the english subtitles on when they're speaking japanese because the film doesnt reqire them on the print coz its asia.

Everyone says its the Japanese version of the DVD that's uncut although I've heard that some people have ordered it from Japan and it was just the same as the US or UK versions.. I'm not too sure. I have seen the uncut version of the film (which is better) and it might have been a korean print....

If anyone would like to know where to obtain a copy please email me on

[email protected]

cheers.

BadKitty
thank you raging bull for the info! I'd contact you but i'm broke right now

Yassin
Hmmm yeah well,i'm gonna download the japanese version and burn it on a dvd..... i'm saving my money till christmas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.