-=- Your Recepies -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crash Overload

Dvae
take some straberrys and cover them in a thick, rich layer of chocolate. Then, take some whipped cream and....

Darth Revan
ooh I got a good recipe

Just trust me you'll think it's weird when you read the end but it's really good

I don't know the exact measurements and I'm too lazy to look them up stick out tongue... But on the other hand I never measure stuff anyways and this always turns out alright so good luck big grin

DR's finger lickin good tomato sauce cool

Ok so first you take about a quarter of a green bell pepper and half a medium onion (white or yellow not red) and chop 'em up nice and fine

Then you mince some garlic, and melt a stick of butter in a saucepan

Throw the vegetables in the saucepan, cook them on medium heat for five to eight minutes, and when they're nice and soft you put some salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, basil, chile flakes, and whatever other seasonings float your boat

Mix it up real good and put a can of whole, peeled tomatoes in the pan with em

Mix THAT up real good, let it simmer for a little bit, and put a can or two of tomato paste in

Simmer for five or so more minutes

Take it off the heat and throw the whole mess in a food processor and grind the hell outta it! evil face Well ok you really don't wanna overdo the puree-ing part, just get it to your desired smooth-ness

Put it on pasta, use it for pizza sauce, or whatever else you might want to use tomato sauce for

WindDancer
Pina Colada Cocktail:

1 1/4 oz. Rum (optional)
A good Splash each of Cream of Coconut & Pineapple juice
Shake with ice & serve in a Hurricane or decorative glass
Or blend with ice cream for frozen variation
Garnish with fresh pineapple wedge &/or a cherry
Top with whipped cream if frozen & then garnish

Darth Revan
And another

DR's English teacher's salsa:

You need:
1/2 Cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped tomatoes or tomatillos (I like to use a little more than that)
1/2 chopped bell pepper
3 jalapenos, finely chopped (or more if you want, or something even hotter)
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
pinch of sea salt
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sugar
fresh chopped cilantro to taste

Mix it all up and put it in a food processor or blender.

Crash Overload
I am actually going to try that first sauce... Sounds good... and I have been looking for different ones... For pasta

big gay kirk
Take a thin steak, dip in flour seasoned with crushed black pepper, a little salt and basil, then dip in egg, then coat with breadcrumbs.... grill or fry for about eight minutes a side, or until golden brown... get a fresshly cooked (preferably warm) ciabatta, slice open, spread with your favourite sauce, then place the steak on, with lettuce and sliced tomatoes.... then eat!

silver_tears
love

Dvae
shame raz editted the rest and said it wasnt suitable for these PG-13 forums sad

Slay
For people who enjoy cooking.
Exchange recipes,and all that crap.

lil bitchiness
I am really good cook, but I do not enjoy doing it at all.

Anyone knows anything original to make with chicken eek!

Valharu
Baste a chicken with mayanaise to get the skin nice and crisp and to stop the meat from drying. Halfway through cooking it throw the chicken on the lawn to get fresh herbs and spices and then simmer on low heat with 1 litre of bleach and 8 litres of milk. When the chicken collapses put it in the dryer overnight to tenderise and dry out. Then reheat for 2 hours. Then repeat the process for 3 days. Serve with 2 minute noodles and 5 cartons of beer.

Slay
Originally posted by Valharu
Baste a chicken with mayanaise to get the skin nice and crisp and to stop the meat from drying. Halfway through cooking it throw the chicken on the lawn to get fresh herbs and spices and then simmer on low heat with 1 litre of bleach and 8 litres of milk. When the chicken collapses put it in the dryer overnight to tenderise and dry out. Then reheat for 2 hours. Then repeat the process for 3 days. Serve with 2 minute noodles and 5 cartons of beer.
I think I'm gonna make that when the In-Laws come for supper. no expression

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Slay
I think I'm gonna make that when the In-Laws come for supper. no expression

I hope I don't have any In-Laws for a very long time.

Storm
Originally posted by Valharu
hysterical

I' ve been under a lot of stress today, so I' m currently easily amused.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Slay
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I hope I don't have any In-Laws for a very long time.
I don't even have In-Laws.I just said that for your bitter amusement.

Pandemoniac
I am really good cook, but I do not enjoy doing it at all.

Anyone knows anything original to make with chicken eek!

You might like this; heat up a large pan with a nice puddle of olive-oil in it (Don't turn it up to high). When the oil is nice and hot, gently toss in lots of large chickenwings/legs, and flip em over sometimes in the first 10 minutes. Then you add some red wine and garlic along with finely sliced red pepper and put the lid on it for a while. Do keep flipping that bird once every 3 minutes.
When the chicken is almost done (after about 30 min. from start); add mushrooms, slices of pineapple and peach and let let the whole cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat.
Very nice with spinach and rice.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
You might like this; heat up a large pan with a nice puddle of olive-oil in it (Don't turn it up to high). When the oil is nice and hot, gently toss in lots of large chickenwings/legs, and flip em over sometimes in the first 10 minutes. Then you add some red wine and garlic along with finely sliced red pepper and put the lid on it for a while. Do keep flipping that bird once every 3 minutes.
When the chicken is almost done (after about 30 min. from start); add mushrooms, slices of pineapple and peach and let let the whole cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat.
Very nice with spinach and rice.

Wow, that sounds really nice. Thanks! I will deffinitivly try it!

Im not really sure about pineapple, does it go with savory things? I never actually ate anything savory with pinapple embarrasment

Slay
Wow, that sounds really nice. Thanks! I will deffinitivly try it!

Im not really sure about pineapple, does it go with savory things? I never actually ate anything savory with pinapple embarrasment
Of course,I do it all the time...

Then again,I am,as they say,a little eccentric...

Storm
Coq au vin
Serves 4.

A large chicken, jointed into 6 or 8 pieces, giblets and carcass saved.
an onion, a carrot and a few peppercorns for the stock.
150g pancetta or unsmoked bacon in the piece
30 g butter
2 medium onions
a large carrot
2 ribs of celery
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsps flour
2 tbsps cognac
a bottle of red wine
4 or 5 small sprigs of thyme
3 bay leaves
40 g butter
12 small onions, peeled
200 g small mushrooms
boiled or steamed potatoes, to serve
Put the chicken carcass, its giblets and any bits and bobs of bone and flesh into a deep pan, cover with water, add an onion and a carrot, half a dozen whole peppercorns and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and let it simmer until you need it.

Cut the pancetta into short strips; they need to be thicker than a match but not quite as thick as your little finger. Put them, together with the butter, into a thick-bottomed casserole - one of enamelled cast iron would be perfect - and let them cook over a moderate heat. Stir the pancetta from time to time - it mustn't burn - then, when it is golden, lift it out into a bowl, leaving behind the fat in the pan.

Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and place them in the hot fat in the casserole, so that they fit snugly yet have room to colour. Turn them when the underside is pale gold. The skin should be honey coloured rather than brown - it is this colouring of the skin, rather than what wine or herbs you might add later, that is crucial to the flavour of the dish. Lift the chicken out and into the bowl with the pancetta. By now you should have a thin film of goo starting to stick to the pan. This is where much of your flavour will come from.

While the chicken is colouring in the pan, peel and roughly chop the onions and carrot, and wash and chop the celery. With the chicken out, add the onions and carrot to the pan and cook slowly, stirring from time to time, until the onion is translucent and it has gone some way to dissolving some of the pan stickings. Add the garlic, peeled and thinly sliced, as you go. Return the chicken and pancetta to the pan, stir in the flour and let everything cook for a minute or two before pouring in the cognac, wine and tucking in the herbs. Spoon in ladles of the simmering chicken stock until the entire chicken is covered. Bring to the boil, then, just as it gets there, turn the heat down so that the sauce bubbles gently. Cover partially with a lid.

Melt the butter in a small pan, add the small peeled onions and then the mushrooms, halving or quartering them if they are too big. Let them cook until they are golden, then add them to the chicken with a seasoning of salt and pepper.

Check the chicken after 40 minutes to see how tender it is. It should be soft but not falling from its bones. It will probably take about an hour, depending on the type of chicken you are using. Lift the chicken out and into a bowl.

Turn the heat up under the sauce and let it bubble enthusiastically until it has reduced a little. As it bubbles down it will become thicker - though not thick - and will become quite glossy.

Return the chicken to the pan and serve with the potatoes.

Pandemoniac
The combination of chicken and the sweet pineapple, along with the garlic and peppers is quite nice! The flavours blend in nicely, and none of them overrule another really, they just add up.

Valharu
That doesn't sound too good.

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by Storm
Coq au vin
Serves 4.

A large chicken, jointed into 6 or 8 pieces, giblets and carcass saved.
an onion, a carrot and a few peppercorns for the stock.
150g pancetta or unsmoked bacon in the piece
30 g butter
2 medium onions
a large carrot
2 ribs of celery
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsps flour
2 tbsps cognac
a bottle of red wine
4 or 5 small sprigs of thyme
3 bay leaves
40 g butter
12 small onions, peeled
200 g small mushrooms
boiled or steamed potatoes, to serve
Put the chicken carcass, its giblets and any bits and bobs of bone and flesh into a deep pan, cover with water, add an onion and a carrot, half a dozen whole peppercorns and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and let it simmer until you need it.

Cut the pancetta into short strips; they need to be thicker than a match but not quite as thick as your little finger. Put them, together with the butter, into a thick-bottomed casserole - one of enamelled cast iron would be perfect - and let them cook over a moderate heat. Stir the pancetta from time to time - it mustn't burn - then, when it is golden, lift it out into a bowl, leaving behind the fat in the pan.

Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and place them in the hot fat in the casserole, so that they fit snugly yet have room to colour. Turn them when the underside is pale gold. The skin should be honey coloured rather than brown - it is this colouring of the skin, rather than what wine or herbs you might add later, that is crucial to the flavour of the dish. Lift the chicken out and into the bowl with the pancetta. By now you should have a thin film of goo starting to stick to the pan. This is where much of your flavour will come from.

While the chicken is colouring in the pan, peel and roughly chop the onions and carrot, and wash and chop the celery. With the chicken out, add the onions and carrot to the pan and cook slowly, stirring from time to time, until the onion is translucent and it has gone some way to dissolving some of the pan stickings. Add the garlic, peeled and thinly sliced, as you go. Return the chicken and pancetta to the pan, stir in the flour and let everything cook for a minute or two before pouring in the cognac, wine and tucking in the herbs. Spoon in ladles of the simmering chicken stock until the entire chicken is covered. Bring to the boil, then, just as it gets there, turn the heat down so that the sauce bubbles gently. Cover partially with a lid.

Melt the butter in a small pan, add the small peeled onions and then the mushrooms, halving or quartering them if they are too big. Let them cook until they are golden, then add them to the chicken with a seasoning of salt and pepper.

Check the chicken after 40 minutes to see how tender it is. It should be soft but not falling from its bones. It will probably take about an hour, depending on the type of chicken you are using. Lift the chicken out and into a bowl.

Turn the heat up under the sauce and let it bubble enthusiastically until it has reduced a little. As it bubbles down it will become thicker - though not thick - and will become quite glossy.

Return the chicken to the pan and serve with the potatoes.

Wow, very interesting! Put that on my 'to cook' list

WrathfulDwarf
I can make an awesome grill cheesy Cheese Sandwich

Bloigen
I can make awesome water.

Here's my secret recipe.

Turn the tap on.
Put a glass under the tap.
Then server with Lobster Thermidor.

WrathfulDwarf
Top this baby!

Bloigen
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Top this baby!

*tops it*
ermm

WrathfulDwarf
damn!

Bloigen
evillaugh

Koala MeatPie
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=291053&highlight=steak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.