Doomsday's appearances

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JuggernautFan
could somebody please help me out a for a moment please. i am by no means a dcu character authority. but i do know bits and pieces. i just need any and all information you could provide about doomsday's appearances.

X-Menfan2003
Are you talkin about the creature that killed Superman? If you are, I know all about him. He first appeared in some forest area, where he went of a warpath towards Metropolis. The Justice League were defeated near an Lexcorp refinary. Superman appeared, they battled all the way to Metropolis, where they took each other out. Superman was then resurected and Doomsday appeared againt of Darkseid's planet. He was then teleported to a planet where he ravaged centuries before, where Superman learns that he was created on Krypton. Superman and Waverider put him at the end of time. Then, later on, Braniac took control of his body and battled Superman again. When Imperiex appeared, President Luthor send a host of super criminals to the moon to get Doomsday, where Superman had trapped him. He was killed andh is body put in the Pentagon. Then, the Joker released him and when he remembered that Luthor sent him to die, he went to kill him. Superman appeared, and defeated him. Luthor then handed his body other to Darkseid, and that is the last we've seen of Doomsday...for now!

Viper
Nice summary. Was wondering about some of that myself.

kal-el
I've recently read supermanembarrasmentur worlds at war(the first part) where the US gov. get DD to mash up Imperiex. This final fight must come up in book 2 I spose.

Captain America
hey how did superman beat doomsday those times after they killed each other?

kal-el
pleasure to
have you on board Cap'n!

JuggernautFan
what issues were all these in with the doomsday appearances. i have the hunter prey, and death of superman mini series - es. but i dont have the others.

chilled monkey
Captain America: In Doomsday's second appearance, he was dissolved into atoms by a very powerful being called Imperiax. In his third appearance, he aquired intelligence and the ability to speak. I'm not sure how Superman stopped him then.

JuggernautFan
what issues were they???????

X-Menfan2003
In the issues when Doomsday had intelligence, he suddenly rearlised something. He was actaully afraid of Superman. Superman was also afraid of Doomsday, but he was able to put his fears aside and defeat him. My attached picture shows the final moment of Doosmday (for the moment)

JuggernautFan
what issue is that though????????

X-Menfan2003
His last appearance, with intelligence, was in the Day Of Doom Mini-series. After that, he hasn't appeared since, but I hope he appears in a few years time. What about everyone else? Wouldn't all Superman fans love to see Doomsday again?

kal-el
yes I would love to see another showdown. But they're running out of ways to kill him.PResumably he now can't be beaten to death by superman(but maybe by someone stronger), cant be split up into atoms(meaning those with more cosmic type powers cant hurt him) given that he cant be beaten the same way twice. The guys like a superpowered jason!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.