What if Superheros were real, with real time physics involved!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperDarryl
This post is intended to reveal the loser super heros and villans, who is the strongest, who is the fastest, who is the most durable. Wasup? laughing

norrin radd

kal-el
Teenage Peter Parker being clever enough to create a multi-peptide chain polymer(spider silk - something that scientists in the real world have been trying to recreate for years and haven't yet) that solidifies on contact with air! Ain't never gonna happen!
-Being bitten by a radio-active spider/splashed in the face by radioactive isotope/being exposed to Gamma rays, doing anything to you except give you Leaukaemia and kill you!

WE COULD BE AT THIS FOR AGES!

Gregory
Remember in the first Batman movie, at the very end, where Batman falls for what looked like hundreds of feet before using his grapple to bring himself to a dead stop? I winced when I saw that scene. It also seemed to me that the Joker's body was in remarkably good shape, considering the length of the fall he took.

Magee
Superman - ermm an alien space ship crash landing into the earth. I think the government would try their hardest to cover it up and contain watever was inside it.

Viper
Superman actually makes a little bit of sense when real physics are applied. If Krypton's gravity was a lot stronger than ours, he would be able to jump extremely high and have his super strength. It would also make sense for why it exploded, since a planet that dense would be unstable.

Daredevil makes sense in concept, but not nearly as powerful as he is. It is true that blind people have been able to use a sonar type technique to judge how far away objects are.

Characters like Storm, Colossus, The Thing, Green Lantern, and The Flash are too unrealistic to fit anywhere in real world physics.

kal-el
Well the bit in Daredevil with him perceiving his environment better with rain was actually not in any DD comic but is true of Blind people.Obviously, they're not as ultra-sensitive as him but the world around them becomes clearer with the sound of raindrops.There's this guy who's 'the best blind person in the world' who trained Affleck to be blind for the movie who told the creators this fact.

kal-el
Superman doesn't make sense as such but the fact that he's of another planet makes him slightly more valid because we know little or nothing of Aliens or other solar systems etc.

Viper
If you base it on known physics, he's definitely possible. At least as far as the strength, speed, and high jumping goes, of course nowhere near the level it is in the comics.

kal-el
well given how little we no about aliens, all bets are off! For the grayvity on Krypton to be sufficiently strong enough to give him lets say 1000 tonnes strength on Earth(for example-its actually more than that), it would have to actually be 10,000 times larger than Earth(superman weighs about 100kg,1 tonne=1000kg,1000 tonnes=1000,000kg=10,000 times his weight-assuming he can lift his body weight back on Krypton), which is quite unlikely but again we prob don't know.
But these days, all his powers are apparently due to our yellow sun radiation, and none of his abilities are a result of gravitational differences between Earth and Krypton(that was long time ago)

norrin radd

SuperDarryl
Spiderman makes sense. Getting bit by a genetically altered spider then having super strength, and super powers.

Viper
The only problem for Spiderman is for his powers to be as strong as they are (which in itself is close to impossible) is his metabolism would have to be excellerated to the point where he would be eating 20 times as much food as a normal human every day.

norrin radd
Now this is a good opinion.

kal-el
but spiders can gom ages, and I mean ages without eating, and they still produce a seemingly endless amount of webbing.

SuperDarryl
You have to remeber that he was bittin by a genetically altered SUPER spider. The key word is SUPER. Maybe a regular spider may have different effects, but the spider he was bit from had some genetic engineering behind it, so maybe, maybe not. He may need more food or may not need more food. Like suttle things like his vision was instantly clear after being bit, and his reflex's were dramatically improved. Little things like that are different then just strength and metabolic rate. I think Spidey makes the most sense out of any Superhero, except none powered Batman, that could be real. heh

wuTa
i would say batman is prolby the most realistic superhero....he'd be more realistic than daredevil

norrin radd

VENOMfan
Real time physics? I like to see the flash run full speed and turn quick enuf to avoid flying threw a starbucks

Magee
Spiderman makes sense? I think if u were bitten by a radioactive genetcily engineered spider thing the only thing u would get is cancer yes

Gregory
After being bitten by a radioactive spider, I am ... Cancerman!

Any superhero origin that involved radiation is bound to not make any sense.

JuggernautFan
i say punisher makes sense. he just has alot of weapons at his disposal, and he know's how to use them. hell aren't there plenty of "punishers" out there anyway?? just thought i'd let you all know.

Viper
Most spiders eat their webbing daily, and then digest it so they can produce a new web the next day.

And saying that the spider was "super" kind of defeats the point of this threat doesn't it? Besides, for the human body to become more efficient in digestion it would require a massive overhaul of organs, something which would never take place naturally.

SuperDarryl
Yeah I think the realest heros would have to be either Batman or Punisher. Spiderman could happen though. Any else anyone thinks that could be real?

eleveninches
But would you really like spiderman if he tuned fully into a spider??

I HATE spiders. They are so sick and ugly and disgusting. There is something just not quite right about them

Viper
Well to a very, very limited extent the Hulk could be realistic. If there was a mutation to the body where testosterone and adrenaline levels were increased, one would have more strength and be able to take more pain. Nothing at all like Hulk's power, but the premise of increased stength when angry is workable (in fact it happens naturally to us, just on a small scale).

Gregory
No. Radiation simply does not work like that. And chances are that being bitten by a radioactive spider wouldn't even effect you. If the amount of radiation involved wasn't even enough to kill a spider, it was probably a very low dossage, maybe less than workers in nuclear power plants are allowed to be exposed to.

FrothByte
if physics were applied, superman and flash would both be banned from the US. Imagine the sonic booms they'd cause when they go ultra speed. no window in the world would be safe.

FrothByte
colossus's d*ck should go hard when he becomes metal

FrothByte
oops sorry, that's biology not physics.

FrothByte
juggernaut should way thousands of pounds to be able to keep his balance when he gets hit with the amount of force he usually gets hit with.

where does wolverine keep his claws when they move back in? If his bones were metal, wouldn't his muscles freeze over his bones during the winter?

the way dd's senses are perked up, doesn't he go crazy with all the noise around the world. could he even watch a rock band concert?

FrothByte
when bruce banner turns into hulk, he rips all of his clothing except for the part around his waist and groin. when bruce literally bursts to the size of a small elephant, don't tell me he still manages to keep a 30 inch waistline or somthing.

SuperDarryl
You can't have a Butt naked Hulk running around it's just uncivilized!

Magee
I think wolverines claws just fit into the bottom half of his arms. And since we r warm blooded it would stop his metal from freezing.

Red Superfly
Iron Man (to a limited degree), Punisher and Batman are probably the only "main event" superheroes who I could say were "realistic" - guys in high tech suits - could happen with all this nano technology these days.

Everything else is supposed to be not-so-rediculous science fiction.

Silver Surfer, Galactus, Beyonder, Superman, Martain Manhunter, that belongs in the "would-never-happen-in-a-million-years" category.

Magee
Superman is possible. In real life if an alien baby was sent to earth he probably wouldnt have super strength,super speed and be able to fly etc. And im guessing he wouldnt look like someone from earth lmao laughing

Red Superfly
Superman? Possible? One word: ALIEN! Come on.........

SuperDarryl
Well 30 or 40 percent of heros and villans are possible if we bring Aliens into the mix.

Maelstrom
What if superheros existed and the laws of physcis were no longer the limit. Beyond the laws of physcis, everything has it's own realization. I'm not saying its heaven, but to get there you have to have been good. If your even a little good here, it will not be used, even to counter act your bad, cause that would justify enableing the bad, instead it will not count. However, if you live right and really desire to be a superhuman, mutant, or immortal, these things should be available...so get as good as you can at it, anyway.

VENOMfan
Venom symbiote....now there would be a close encounter......

SuperDarryl
Ok, what about a genetically engineered Spider from the laboratory? What if scientist mapped out the entire genome sequencing in a Spider and genetically altered it to have Superhuman strength and added a virus that couldn't kill a human into the Spiders, then the Spider bit Peter Parker and infected Parker with the virus and DNA from the venom and that transformed Parker into Spiderman. If your wondering the virus helps to survive the purpose of transferring the DNA into parkers body changing him into superhuman Parker.

Gregory
We eat genetically engeneered food without gaining carrot powers; I do not see why a genetically engeneered spider's DNA should be any different.

kal-el
yes but have you ever been bitten by one of these GM carrots eh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.