Loved Kill Bill Vol. 1 Just saw Kill Bill Volume 2 and was VERY DISAPPOINTING!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JoshSquash2k4
People will probablly say what was wrong with the second volume well i can tell you EVERYTHING the gayest part is how she kills Bill was very very very DISAPPOINTING. I want a second Opinion

killthesunlight
You my freind, are an idiot

Lord Soth
From what I have read, they are vastly different in terms of style, theme, and execution. You were probably just expecting more of vol. 1

TrAnCeDuO
so tell me...what was the role of pai,budd, elle?

Punker69
WHERES YOUR SPOILER TAGS!!!!!!!

killthesunlight
just let me say one more thing. I BELIEVE that is wrong but everyone is entilted to their own opinion. The film was fantastic to me.

Samas-adian
I loved how he died... it showed that Uma was better in the long run because Pai showed her the special move of his, and she did it in return to Bill. Its a show of respect, he deserved to die like that...not just getting his head chop off.

The role of Pai is that he taught The bride, Bill and Elle how to fight, so its a pretty big role...
Elle part, well she was part of the massacre and of the assassination squad.
Budd, well he was also part of the assassination squad and the massacre.

Punker69
Why doesnt anybody have spoiler tages for BILLS DEATH?

Altar[1stONE]

SpikeSpiegel
Where are the spoiler tags!?

Red Superfly
Way to NOT add spoiler warnings people roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fire
BKK will add them once she is online

Lord Soth
Omigod I have to skip this entire thread for a while.....

<<Solo>>
If you actually saw the first one you'd honestly love the second. Unless you havn't seen both because your Mommy and Daddy didn't let you so your just expressing your anger in this topic.

Samas-adian
The title is Kill Bill. The whole point is too kill bill...and i have feeling he might die.

Punker69
i KNOW but its a tarentino movie it could always have a weird ending.Please NOBODY POST HOW BILL DIES!

<<Solo>>
smokin' Agrees with what ^Punker says.

Stewie is God
i saw volume 1 and loved it....the people i saw volume 2 with never saw 1...so they didnt like it.....at 1st i was a lil disappointed....but happy cuz everythin came together i.e. her name and elle driver's eye. but for a movie called "Kill Bill".....there was not enough killing! mad

JKozzy
...and is that all you have to say? Although extremely unrealistic, the symbolism is strongest at this point of the movie. Was it a disappointment because there wasn't enough killing to satisfy you? IMHO, Volume 2 was definetly better than the first.

Samas-adian
Violence isnt everything. I hate it when people dont like movie because the lack of violence or gore.

killthesunlight
but she killed bill.... THATS THE NAME OF THE MOVIE!

badkittykitty
okay I've added spoiler tags but heres my take on the spoilers. these are kill bill 2 discussions...you should expect to see just that in these threads.

TrAnCeDuO
personally i believe the way she killed bill justifyed the whole series...she didnt do it all mercilessly...she just went up to him,did a technique that he couldnt, and killed him easily...i dont know about you but if someone were to kill me like that i would do all that my soul could to get revenge...that way is like dying without honor...its like saying"ha! im better than you and you suck ass! as for elles part i feel sorry for her...yes she is a wicked ***** but no one deserved that...when beatrix took out her eye she destroyed her life...taking the eyes of a true warrior like her is like amputating the legs off a olmpic runner...plus she shouldve killed her...you never know...she might actually get some eye donations and get payback...beatrix can rest for now but she had better stay on alert just in case...

killthesunlight
Beatrix was getting revenge for Pai Mei thats why Elle got what she got

JKozzy
At the end, there was a "?" at the end... and it said "Introducing so-and-so as B.B.... is it just me or did that allude to more "Kill Bill"? Quentin even stated in an interview he plans on making it, and there's quite strong evidence right there. And I agree that killing Bill that way was justified.

Drifter101
Kill Bill 2 was toned down for the second time around but it needed it, we needed to know the backround of the story, it was a good movie just a hell of a lot less action in this volume.

I guess people expected the same gorefest as the first and got a well acted type film w/ spots of action.

Storm
I' m so not going to read the spoilers.
*restrains hand from highlighting*
Someone stop me please sad

Myth
Highlight it Storm. We know you want to. Just do it. It won't hurt anybody. big grin

Punker69
Yeah storm its calling for you DO IT!Spoiler beyond your wilderst dreams await yousmile

The Unknown
IMO, Volume 2 wasn't as good as Volume 1, but it was still awesome.

whatshisface
why didn't she just chop bill's head off?

my thoughts...

she still loves him. the way she looked at him, the way she smiled at him. true he shot her in the head but love knows no bounderies. besides, i'm not saying she's IN love with him. no doubt that she would kill him though. i think that is why she was laughing and crying at the same time at the end... like mourning and rejoicing at the same time.

JKozzy
whatshisface &gt; Exactly.

TrAnCeDuO
go for it....if your a true fan youll eventually find out eventually and see for yourself...

Storm
I' m weak. I read them sad

Punker69
lol,haha sucka now the movie wont be exciting!

I Love Sirius
I saw Volume 2 yesterday and I've gotta say that even though it wasn't as fast-paced as Volume 1, it still kicked butt. You got to see what actually happened at the Wedding massacre in El Paso. Why she wanted out and so forth. Some people may not have liked it, but oh well. I believe that if you are loyal to Quentin Tarantino (like me) you will find that no matter what anybody says about his movies, they still rock and you still have to go see them. I'm loyal to Tarantino and always will be. I think all you QT fans out there will agree with me. Maybe this wasn't the best movie ever made, but my hat goes off to QT for making it and I hope he makes a lot more! Happy Dance

killthesunlight
i love the progression of the whole thing( genre, and charecter developement)

Cowboyography
IT was OK!! the first movie was ten times better IMO. The script lacked that Tarintino Flair. The colors were bland, the talk was boring, the music was not there at all, it was a mere shadow of part 1. Tarintino himself even said once they returned to shoot in the states it just wasnt the same and it showed. It didnt even feel like Kill Bill. Oh Well cmon Anglorian Bastards!!

Myth
I disagree. It had more of that Tarantino flair. Do you think the dialog was better in part 1? No way, and the dialog is what is best about the other Tarantino movies. The only way anybody could like part 1 more is if they just wanted more violence. Part 2 as a whole is a better movie but part 1 is awesome mostly because of the violence.

badkittykitty
ah ha! stick out tongue

Ice Mario
Volume 2 was much better in terms of dialogue and "tarantino flair". It doesn't hold back on the action and you get much more story, something that Volume 1 lacked.

JKozzy
Amen.

whatshisface
i don't get it... KB v.1 = too much violence, KB v.2 not enough violence... make up your damn minds...

Aerosin
basically, quentin wanted to make one movie....but it was too long, so he split them in half, and he used his artisticness to make each have a different genre, but same plot....vol.1 is samuri, vol.2 is a spagetti western..........u must hate spagetti westerns....whatever those are....

skribblez101
Sorry, I don't know how to use spoiler tags, so umm if you haven't seen the second vol. of kill bill PLEASE DON'T READ!

I can understand why some of you were frustrated that she killed him in the end, I was too. I think it was because after it got sentimental, and they spent time talking together, it didn't seem that Bill was that bad after all. Also, with the introduction of BeBe, it makes you feel like "does she have to kill him, I mean it could work out" after hearing the entire story, he even said he was sorry and we found out that she broke his heart. So ya, I was a bit depressed too at the end. It was sad in that way, but also you have to understand it still makes for a great ending.

Btw, in the end when she's in the bathroom is she crying or laughing, or both?

And in response to the question of which of the two movies is better, I just think it is one awesome movie altogether.

samhain
I think a spaghetti western is a western that is shot in Europe, namely Italy, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, etc.
I do agree though, Tarantino tried to zero in on the similarities between Kung-fu films and Westerns.

Elektra_lover
She was laughing because she got her revangee and crying from happyness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.