Is it true that Spiderman has some sort of healing powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
OK i would say i have been reading Spiderman comics for 6 years. But i always wondered if he has some sort of Healing factor, I mean the guy gets punched around alot and he seems to come out okay.

Spider-Dan
Yes, Spider-Man does heal faster than the average human being. I don't know exactly how fast, I don't have the exact numbers. I would guess that it's somewhere between 5 to 10 times faster than the average human. For example, he can heal from cuts and scratches in about 2 or 3 days. Broken bone(s) in about a week. If someone has the exact numbers, please chime in.

The Ones
exact numbers are uncertain but stan lee might have the answer

Viper
His healing comes from his advanced matabolism, same as his strength and speed. 5-10 faster healing is typically the norm.

ash007
wow a broken bone in a week thats not bad.

Does it also mean he can heal faster if he has the cold or the flu smile

Zephonim
If you read the Maximum Carnage series he gets his ribs broken, and then after they get splinted in the hospital he says that a good n ights sleep is all he needs and they should be healed.

ash007
yeah but does that mean he can also recover quicker form colds and flus

kal-el
He's probably less vulnerable to Colds and Flus I would say than a normal human but I think he still get's sick.Radioactive blood like his is probably not a very good breeding ground for any viruses or germs.

Zephonim
I know he has gotten colds. That was a problem he had back in the beginning having to be out in the rain with a costume that wasn't waterproof.

Zephonim
In fact now that I remember it, he always did kind of dislike that fact about his costume. He always had lots of trouble with his mask because whenever he had a cold or anything like that it was really tough on him because his face was so covered up. It was always something about how hard it could be to breath through the mask normally, and then adding a blocked up nose to it made it even worse.

Red Superfly
Seeing as his anti-bodies are mutated and everything - why doesn't he try and help invent a cure for the common cold using his own blood?

That way he could afford a proper Spider suit like that silver armour costume.

Stupid Spiderman.

Zephonim
He isn't immune to the common cold.

ash007
he just gets better quicker

Red Superfly
Yeah I know - I do read the posts you guys put up you know.

I meant he could use his super great "getting better" ability to help treat or cure diseases. It was just a suggestion - time to drop it now.

WWestFlashFan
ya not like wolverine but fast

doctorstrongbad
If he is 15x stronger and agile, would it be safe to say he heals 15x a normal human?

SpiderSESSH
I remember in a comic, when he had traversed into one of the X-Men comic series, he is compared to Wolverine's healing capabilities by Xavier as half of what Wolverine's healing factor. But that's just what I remember.

As for his getting sick, he's often had the flu, or a cold, and complained about it. And it has affected his fighting abilities.

Poor Peter always has some sort of problem goin on, and thats why we always gravitate to him, on some sort of level, despite his powers, he still has problems like us, and he still has to deal with the same issues. If it were me, I'd probably get sick more often with the amount of stress he goes through!!

Anyone else agree?

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by SpiderSESSH
I remember in a comic, when he had traversed into one of the X-Men comic series, he is compared to Wolverine's healing capabilities by Xavier as half of what Wolverine's healing factor. But that's just what I remember.

As for his getting sick, he's often had the flu, or a cold, and complained about it. And it has affected his fighting abilities.

Poor Peter always has some sort of problem goin on, and thats why we always gravitate to him, on some sort of level, despite his powers, he still has problems like us, and he still has to deal with the same issues. If it were me, I'd probably get sick more often with the amount of stress he goes through!!

Anyone else agree?

I think half of wolverine's healing sounds more than fair to me.

Yes I totallt agree with the secong part as well. He is the average man's hero. I feel it makes him more human.

Arahan
Spiderman recovered from a broken arm in 1 day .
He had to rest. His healing works best when he sleeps.

Dinalfos
Yes, Spiderman's healing was proportionally amped, along with his strength and durability. He ain't no Wolverine though.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Yes, Spiderman's healing was proportionally amped, along with his strength and durability. He ain't no Wolverine though.

He went from 10 times to 15 times on strength, agility and endurance. Are you saying his healing went up 50% as well? I don't have the proof but it sounds good to me. wink

H. S. 6
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say 50% of Wolverine. Hell, Wolverine took a nuke before and survived. No way in hell Spidey's surviving anything close to that.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say 50% of Wolverine. Hell, Wolverine took a nuke before and survived. No way in hell Spidey's surviving anything close to that.

Spider-man's healing increased by 50%. Wolverine can regenerate which is a whole different ball game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.