Starcraft Ghost

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§pearhead
Please don't tell me I'm the only one looking forward to this game. This is looking good!

http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/images/screens/ss57.jpg

http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/images/screens/ss45-thumb.jpg

http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/images/screens/ss52.jpg

leatherface12
Damn that game looks cool! Ive never heard of it but it looks cool.

§pearhead
The first starcraft came out in 98.

laughing out loud I still play it on a regular basis, its got such longevity.

HockeyHorror
i hate starcraft. its nothing compared to Warcraft. but im waiting for the Starcraft 2.

i might get STarcraft ghost.

TrAnCeDuO
ive been looking forward to this game for some time now...i was wondering when it would come out...my friend said he heard a review about the demo and he said it sucked...but my friend is an arrogant fool...so what have you heard about it?

§pearhead
Simply that it's been delayed to some time this year...and I think the graphics speak for themselves--it's a good lookin game.

LeAtHerRFace
SC Ghost! Looks awesome

HockeyHorror
its good graphics but NOTHING compared to graphics for Doom 3. and you cant disagree.

§pearhead
It's still in the development process, so there's bound to be a few minor improvements. And really, I just want to see this out cuz for as long as I've been playing SC, I've always wanted some anonymous soldier's point of view. This will give players access to it. big grin

Zephonim
Ghost should be wicked sweet. The last release date I saw was towards the end of the year, September 2nd. It should be pretty nice, and I am happy with whenever it comes out, regardless of how far off it might be. Blizzard does things right, and they make things perfect, so as long as it takes is fine with me, as long as it's perfect.
The graphics aren't gonna be as good as Doom 3 because it's just a console game, I haven't seen anything on a PC version. PC's have limitless graphic capabilities (as long as you have the money) while console games can only go so far right now.
Star Craft 2 is gonna be a wicked, wicked, wicked long time off. I don't think anyone has started anything on it yet. Blizzard is focused on finishing Ghost and Worlds of Warcraft. Starcraft 2 should be a long time in the making.

BardaBlobO.o
ive been waiting for it for some time. i do play original sc but i cant because the new patch came out and my comp wont dl it

dark1365
New Toss unit: The Vindicator.

MC Mike
Starcraft is a relic. People need to move on. THIS, however, looks good. Not as good as say, Half-Life 2, but good nonetheless.

dark1365
Nova's hot.

SaTsuJiN
Yeah Im gonna get SC Ghost.. looks too good to pass up.. soon we'll be having a Nova vs Solid Snake discussion.. happy

Smasandian
Who cares if the game is old. People can still play it if they still enjoy it.
Its not like its breaking up with a gf or a bf.

SaTsuJiN
I still play d2 and q3.. if I wasnt so lazy i'd install sc too -,-

Londonboy7
Funny story bought this game.. its been in the works (movie at e3) for like 4 years

Robo-Chocobo
From what I've heard, the blizzard switched designers for the game.
I also hear that starcraft ghost is going to come out on a next gen console.

now be honest, if you compared the game to Snake eater, or The next Splinter cell game, on graphics alone you would not buy Ghost. it seriously needs a revamp

also blizzard completly shifted any and all focus users had for ghost to world of warcraft, and they haven't updated the site in a year, or given ANY new images so the fans lost interest.

Smasandian
Alot of companies do that.
Blizzard I say has never produced a bad game and I dont think they will let a 3rd party developer screw thier track record and also mess up a very successful franchise. Changing developers is proof they dont want this screwed up.
I hate admit but alot of people actually buy games just for the graphics and not gameplay.
And this is Starcraft, fans wont lose interest when it comes to release dates. Just think, if it has the marketing like RE4 with all the gaming journalists touting it as the amazing game, I can see this game becoming huge.

IcePunk
Newsflash: it went down the toilet, damn you Blizzard mad

SaTsuJiN
yeah I kinda figured that a few months ago when it was no longer on their web page

Blaxican Hydra
Hey...a buddy of mine found this trailer on Youtube. It's already been shown of IGN, but this ones better to me because you can hear all the voices. The video is kinda choppy though.

Click?

Swe_Bum
OMFG!!!!!

Thats SWEET!!!!

i must get that game!!!

IceJaw
OMFG!

Blanka
i so exicted

Lana
Merged threads.

Blaxican Hydra
Hells yeah, I wonder when its gonan coem out though...

Lana
I don't think it's ever going to.

Swe_Bum
yeah... probably in a distance future...

Blaxican Hydra
Meh... I dont udnerstand why it wouldn't. I mean, that would be a HUGE money maker. Rivaling perhaps even WoW... well, maybe not WoW, but mroe than its RTS's.

Swe_Bum
I hate WoW.... Bad graph! no expression

Lyna303
Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra
Hey...a buddy of mine found this trailer on Youtube. It's already been shown of IGN, but this ones better to me because you can hear all the voices. The video is kinda choppy though.

Click?
Holy Shit!
That was flippin' sweet!!

Swe_Bum
yeah it was!!! eek!

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I still play d2 and q3.. if I wasnt so lazy i'd install sc too -,- exact same games i play nonstop now...

what realm you play d2 on? wat server for q3??

Swe_Bum
I play/ed D2 LoD smile

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Coleman Trebor
Meh... I dont udnerstand why it wouldn't. I mean, that would be a HUGE money maker. Rivaling perhaps even WoW... well, maybe not WoW, but mroe than its RTS's.

Won't even slightly rival WoW- console market isn't very big in mainland Asia, which is where some two thirds of WoW's market comes from. Same deal for the RTS games. Ghost was never going to make as mucn as Starcraft, not even close. No market in Korea.

But Blizzard have effectively axed this due to quality control. There is a slim chance it will ressurect for newgen consoles, but it doesn't look good.

And it is fair enough, because it wasn't THAT exciting a project anyway.

BackFire
A friend of mine works for Blizzard. He said Ghost has all but been canceled. Apparantly they're waiting and seeing about the next gen consoles. But it doesn't look like the game will ever come out.

My friend said the game was actually pretty good, too.

SaTsuJiN
lol I bet they got a copy of it running on an xbox in the basement.. bastards..

Lumanix
Originally posted by BackFire
A friend of mine works for Blizzard. He said Ghost has all but been canceled. Apparantly they're waiting and seeing about the next gen consoles. But it doesn't look like the game will ever come out.

My friend said the game was actually pretty good, too. No offense BackFire, but I've seen a thousand posts like these and it doesn't matter how big your avatar is and what is in bold underneath it, they're all the same credibility.

<Insert further attention whoring by me here>.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.