let sleeping corpses lie aka the living dead at manchester morgue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879
for all the zombie movies i hear mentioned on these forums, i do not once hear a mention for the film let sleeping corpses lie....i think this film is quality and is one of the best zombie films made......it was made in the earlier 70's and was a spanish/italian production...they shot the film in england.......if no one as saw this then i urge you to because it is a classic in my opinion.....

HockeyHorror
ill check it out. haven't seen it. sounds great

The Redeemer
It's excellent. Just picked it up on an extras packed disc -booklet included- for a song. Like I said elsewhere before, it takes a Spaniard to make a GREAT horror film in England. And this one delivers.

A positive eco message...terrific atmosphere...zombies that look like zombies and not painted actors and explicitly gory moments that puts the new DAWN OF THE DEAD ones to shame.

BTW dean, have you seen BURIAL GROUND? If you like zombies this one IS the business! I think it's on the Vipco label as ZOMBIE DEAD and going for a fiver IIRC.

dean7879
yeah ive saw buriel ground but i didnt like it much at all....i thought the zombies were pretty poor looking

The Redeemer
I thought they were pretty rotten looking...like the ones in ZOMBIE FLESHEATERS. The film has a relentless cheesy style that is anything but boring and at least the zombies don't run, unlike NIGHTMARE CITY. wink

dean7879
yeah, nightmare city was a crap zombie film......i think the zombies in let sleeping corpses lie are scary because they are really strong and they work together as a team......soem of the gore in te film is pretty good too

mortician
2 dean7879
As far as I see you know a great deal of horror movies...But I'll try 2 advise one 2 you. Dellamorte Dellamore aka Cemetary Man - It's not a tipical horror movie it's much more...But here are the zombies and a great deal...
By the way I live in Ukraine and it's almost impossible 2 find here let sleeping corpses lie...can you help me somehow ?
thanx in advance

dean7879
ive heard a lot of good things about dellamorte dellmore but havent got round to watching it yet, really want to though

if u want to get sleeping corpses lie then you should try buying it off ebay...thats where i got my copy from

mortician
2 dean7879
and what 'bout exchange? is't to complicated 2 you?
The matter is that the prices at ebay are to high to my country sad

dean7879
email me mortician

[email protected]

dean7879
so as anyone seen this movie yet?

dean7879
BLOODY HELL YES OR NO?!?

dean7879
and i thought you was horror fans
pffffffffft

dean7879
mad

The Redeemer
Relax, Dean my boy! At least I've seen it! smokin'

dean7879
thanx for replying..i was at breaking point lol

thegreatrudini
Im trying to find it u know how crap they r in the uk for deleting films

dean7879
look on ebay..i bought mine for a few quid off there

thegreatrudini
The only 1 ive found on there so far is a limited edition R1 in a tin for abotu 30 squid aint paying that dunno if id even like it yet lol

dean7879

thegreatrudini
cool got 1 on watch now lol

dean7879
dont lose it! smile

thegreatrudini
He he its on its way just got to wait. Got hold of cradle of fear to and storm of the century

dean7879
cradle of fear is pretty good...not heard of the other one though

thegreatrudini
Uve not heard of storm of the centery im shocked! its a stephen king mini series its quite weird

dean7879
cool...i love stephen king films....im tryin to get hold of IT...
i loved the shining mini series which he did

thegreatrudini
me to ive got most the stephen king films. I had to get a R2 dutch import of storm of the centery as it aint out over here sad . Personaly think the mini series of the shining is better than the other. Have u seen the stand? that rocks but is just onder 6 hours long lol

dean7879
nah i aint saw the stand....ive saw tommyknockers which i think is cool........what is storm of the centery about??

thegreatrudini
the storm of the century.... lol

Zilverz
was anyone ever going to post a review of this movie ... im debating buying it

thegreatrudini
A small village off the mainland is about to receive a huge winter storm. It won't be just another storm for them. A strange visitor named Andre Linoge comes to the small village and gives the residents havoc. He knows everything about them, and when he tells the truth about one of them, that person denies it. The town constable, Mike Anderson, tries to keep everyone in check with the huge storm and Linoge. Linoge keeps telling the people, "Give me what I want and I will go away"...

The devil (Colm Feore) has come to the small town of Little Tall Island, Maine during the heaviest snow storm in the last 100 years. He brings with him the darkest secrets of all the townspeople and uses his knowledge to control and drive some of them to suicide and murder. But with every event, he leaves the clear message "Give me what I want and I'll go away." But first, he has to convince everyone that he has the power to destroy the village, if they don't comply.

thegreatrudini
The Stand:

When a government-run lab accidentally lets loose a deadly virus, the population of the world is decimated. Survivors begin having dreams about two figures: a mystical old woman, or a foreboding, scary man. As the story tracks various people, we begin to realize that the two figures exemplify basic forces of good and evil, and the stage is set for a final confrontation between the representatives of each

The human race is wiped out by a government invented super flu. The remaining survivors take sides in the forces of good and evil. A mysterious old woman who is a servant of God and a powerful and deadly man who might be the devil himself. A gas station attendant, a rock star, a mute, a professor, a farmer, a socialite, a mildly retarded man, a judge, a teenager, a mother, and a nerd take forces

thegreatrudini
which movie zilverz

dean7879

The Redeemer
Dean, my boy...you're sure getting great value from this THREAD STARTER of yours...just learnt that HAUTE TENSION got an uncut BBFC blessing...

I'm ordering MY copy NOW!!! smokin'

dean7879
u wont regret it..great film smile
u should order let sleeping corpses lie...my fav zombie flick..behind romero's trilogy obviously

The Redeemer
But, Dean my boy, I HAVE already seen LET SLEEPING... roll eyes (sarcastic) You got short term span memory or something? messed

dean7879
yeah i must have embarrasment eek!

thegreatrudini
lol

dean7879
where do you think it ranks among the other zombie movies?
it is my 4th favourite zombie flick

thegreatrudini
im not sure 2 b honest ill have to think on it. Have u seen a low buget 1 called I zombie?

dean7879
yeah...it was a decent film and a nice idea but i think the film was poorly made

thegreatrudini
lol prob because they had next to no budget and it was like a student 1 i think

dean7879
have u saw zombie creeping flesh?
this one had potential but didnt keep me interested that much

The Redeemer
Dean, my boy...let me invigorate your thread! Things have been getting a bit slack on this one! Have you seen VAMPYRES? Highly recommended, BTW! smokin'

dean7879
nope never saw it...i'll check it out now though smile

thegreatrudini
not seen that either

dean7879
the only vampire films i eva liked were salams lot, the lost boys and the vampire movies with christopher lee

BREN
HI GUYS..the living dead at the machester morgue,was directed by jorge grau and filmed in and around the lake district
was on the dpps official nasty list in the 80s i owned 3 of em on the vfp label,all uncut smile,ive lived in australia for the past 2 years so dont know if theyve actually released it uncut now,but if they havent get the uncut usa anchor bay dvd its well worth the money,btw it was allso called dont open the window,Breakfast at the Manchester Morgue,Let Sleeping Corpses Lie,and in italy Zombi 3 (Da dove vieni?) ,i uwas a collector of all banned,uncut and obscure horror and cult movies back when i was living in the uk, i amassed a totall of 6112 movies from all over the world before i married and came to live in aus,i started collecting at 11 years old,lol,when the goverment started the video nasty craze strange hobby for a kid collecting banned horror movies i know but the 80s were the start of the home vcr and the watching of many a gory horror movie smile

thegreatrudini
lol u sound like me lol

dean7879
my friend has all the rare banned films...he has hundreds

BREN
heya dean and thegreatrudini,
there were at the start of the nasty hysteria a total of 81 movies originally classed as out right banned (had to be removed from shelves of video stores),then as times went on some were prosecuted unsucesfully so were removed from the list but the main hardcore gore element stayed on the list or they were still on it when i left the uk
dean i didnt have 10ss m8 i had over 6000,lol not all nastys cos like i said there were only 81 prosecuted,but i had all 81 multiple times when i was 12 when they were banned i went round the video stores of which my familly were a memeber and for 2 whole years paid 2 stores 5 quid a week untill i paid for the taqpes from both stores i allso bought some multiples of the rarer stuff when i was older so much so that i had 2 originall the best in (the) heat (en bestia en calor,spanish title as the video comes up with the spanish cert) on the jvi label from rochdale,i company jvi,if ur friend is a collector hell know what the beast in the heat is m8 its the rarest of the nastys smile

dean7879
he aint got the beast in heat..he'll be lookin out for it though

BREN
HEYA DEAN,sorry took a couple a days for my reply,your m8 will be hard pressed to find the beast in (the) heat,theres plenty of fake bootlegs out there so beware m8,an original uk tape on the jvi video label (rochdale) will set ur m8 back around 500 quid on vhs (if u can actually find a collector stupid enuff to sell 1) and around 200 on betamax,a cheaper option is the dutch import on the video for pleasure label (now deleted),he may find a copy of that on ebay smile
if u guys are interested?
i run a movie trivia channel on mirc,efnet server,chan name: movietrivia,ur all welcome to hang out play trivia an talk movies (especially horror),so install mirc now!,lol sees yas guys smile

dean7879
500 quid!
i think i would stick to a dvd version
lol

The Redeemer
Video Nasties on VHS are for tombstones baby unless you've got a *hardon* for the old pre-cert cover originals...

Which are all done and dusted in the latest tome from FAB Press. smokin' Everything's now available on DVD or DVD R for a song. Just picked up Argento's mucho obscure FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET for a fiver... eek!

dean7879
yesterday i treated myself to texas chainsaw massacre special edition and the hills have eyes(anchor bay release) both 7 quid each...2nd hand obviously but who cares about that?

The Redeemer
THHE is now showing on Sky Cinema 1...to be honest I've never really liked that film. It seemed to gain it's notoriety over a few cut seconds where a gun is put into someone's mouth. Craven never did very much IMO...even with LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT it was Sean S Cunningham of FRIDAY THE 13th infamy that did the directing...

Craven is for the birds AFAIC! thumb down

dean7879
it ay three bad..the hills have eyes that is

so what are your top zombie flicks then and where does let sleepin corpses lie rank?

1) Dawn of the dead original
2) Night of the living dead original
3) Let Sleeping Corspes lie
4) Day of the dead
5) Return of the living dead part 2
6) Zombie flesh eaters
7) Night of the living dead remake
8) Dead Alive aka braindead
9) Shaun of the dead
10) The beyond

The Redeemer
Fulci's resurrected are GOD!!! smokin'

dean7879
in the best films of the 80's thread, i replyed to your comments redeamer and listed the films from the directors u mentioned smile

Deano
thought id bump it

i love this horror film, in my top 5 zombie flicks fo sho biatch!
http://membres.lycos.fr/psychovisionwall/l-m-n-o/l1/let-sleeping-corpses.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.