Kingdom of Heaven

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cgtuna21
This plot seems very cool about a blacksmith who leads jerusalem into the fight against the crusades. It stars with Orlando Bloom and others and it seems like its gonna b a very good movie. What do you guys think about it coming up??

ilvorlandobloom
Yay Orlando Bloom!! i cant wait till this movie comes out!!

cgtuna21
it will b very unique and i think jerry bruckheimer is producing it

forumcrew
trailer is out now..
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1320310&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400
it looks pretty good but i love ridley scotts movies and liam and orlando both look like they did a good job with this.. definantly one im lookin forward too

WindDancer
I heard that the character of Saladin will be in the movie. Whoah! despite my disliking of historical characters in movies. I do like this character to be involved. I'm getting more interestest in this flick. Hopefully Scott delivers!

Jeff-Man
this movie looks sweet.

SaTsuJiN
orlando bloom is starting to get on my nerves lol.. they're throwing him in too many roles with mythical heroes :sigh:

forumcrew
blacksmith that plays hero hes done this before in POTC but the movie still looks very good

bilb
I do wanna see this one, but I will be glad when Elizabethtown comes out.....finally a movie where OB does NOT wield a bow, sword, etc....!!!!

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah I watched the trailer for this the other week it does look very good! I want to see Elizabethtown too although I don't really know what it's about lol confused

lau_timmy
This film is going to be bigger than gladiator. Let's hope this movie is better than those of troy, king arthur and alexander.

BlondeBombshell
When is it coming out? It looks great. Saw the trailer in the theatre. It looks awesome. Ridley Rocks!

forumcrew
2005 is all that has been said i believe so my guess would be summer or thanksgiving-christmas time

SnakeEyes
I thought it would be a totally awesome kickass movie when i was watching the preview, and then Orlando Bloom came on and i was like... "oh, nevermind"

Jeff-Man
i like the music on the trailer.

WindDancer
Yeah, the music sound pretty good. That's a plus for me. yes

bilb
Well, it cant help but have better acting than those!!! laughing

BlondeBombshell
Well any Ridley film is worth watching. I'm sure it will be great! I also love Ridley's director's commentaries on his DVD's, some of the most interesting of all the director's commentaries.

dber
I watched the trailer in theatre and it was awesome.

BOPRecruit 16
i am very ashamed of myself for saying that i think orli looks hot in this movie and i can't wait to see it! *omg...can't believe i just said that! gotta go and shoot myself now!* >,< laughing big grin

its_all_good
Does anyone know what this movie is rated? Or anyone have a guess?

Velcro_Boy
probably R. hopefully no sex or nuditycause my parents wouldnt let me see it.erm

its_all_good
Dang! I want it to be rated PG 13

ladygrim
YAWN ....

WindDancer
I been watching the trailers lately and looks pretty exciting. Looks promising, but I really hope Scott and Bloom deliver. I'd had enough of Troy, King Arthur, and Alexander movies in which there is nothing but CGI battles and lame acting. I want a movie that delivers!

Leggy_n_Merry
I reckon it will be a 15 (don't know what the equilivant of that is in america) yay May 6th isn't that far away AND it's before my GCSE's phew! And yeah a Ridley Scott movie is definitely worth a watch...big grin I love historic films, but I haven't seen King Arthur or Alexander yet as most people have just said that they are crap...hmmmm

K Von Doom
I just read the synopsis for the movie and I can't believe they changed it so much from the original historical story. Saladin actually appears which is good and accurate, but Belian being a blacksmith? What the?! That character was historically respected by the Europeans and the Muslims alike. They should have stuck with the original story.

Jackie Malfoy
I saw reviews and even through I do not really get what the plot is supose to be like it does look pretty cool.JM

K Von Doom
Here's a bit of a history on Belian of Ibelin (supposedly Orlando Bloom's character):

Born, raised and educated in the Middle East but whose family was originally from Europe.A good friend of Raymond, Count of Tripoli (they call him Tiberias in this movie but Tiberias is the capital of his county; hence Count of Tripoli). Belian's 15 minutes comes right after the disastrous battle of Hattin where most of the Christian military forces in the middle east were killed or captured by Saladin. He, along with Raymond, were one of the few survivors of that clash between Christians and Muslims. Belian later made his way to Jerusalem where his wife and kids were living at the time. As Saladin was preparing a siege of that city, Belian made his way through the muslim lines to see the Sultan. Because Saladin knew and respected Belian, he was granted an audience and safe passage though the opposing army. Belian asked for permission from Saladin to fetch his wife and kids and take them to the port city of Tyre. Saladin granted the request on the condition that Belian swear an oath not to fight against the muslims during the siege. Belian agreed and made his way to the holy city. Upon entering the city, Belian was welcomed as a hero and saviour, the people and defenders believing he came to lead them into battle. As much as Belian didn't want to break the oath that he made, he was forced into the role of reluctant leader. He went out to meet Saladin to inform him of the situation. Saladin understood and released the knight from his vow. Belian asked the Sultan would safely transport his wife and kids to Tyre, and Saladin, being a nice guy, agreed and Belian's family was safely led away. What followed was the siege and a moving speech by Belian. I won't say who won or lost but Belian and Saladin are now considered two of the more honourable figures of the crusading period.

This historical story has been changed according to the synopsis on the movie site. A pity.

usagiandseiya
this film looks sooooooo good, it would probablys be rated R in US and a 15 in the UK, Orland Bloom, yum, i love him.
xxxxxx

lil bitchiness
Orlando Bloom?! Ack!! Noooooo!

I don't like him...but I'll see the movie for the sake of seeing it i guess.

Murray
This movie is gonna kick ass! No one can capture an audiences attention like Ridley Scott (and Orlando Bloom of course)!!!

I hope this movie is another Gladiator, it terms that it will be amazing and win best Picture next year at the Oscars!

Do you think Orlando could get a Golden Globe, People's Choice, Critic's Choice, SAG, or even Oscar nomination for this role? He's pretty young and is not the greatest actor in the world, but he's supposed to be insane in this movie by standards!

Will Orlando Bloom finally get an Oscar nomination?? wink smile Happy Dance

botankus
I am looking forward to this movie, but ala The Village and 99% of every other movie that comes out that everyone in this forum gets excited about, I will bet that everyone comes back the day after it opens talking about how much they hated it.

K Von Doom
Before Troy was released, people were saying Pitt might get an award nomination.

Discos
ah i can't wait to see this movie, it is released May 6th here and that is the day I am going to see it.

I love epics, they are amazing yes

I dont actually know the plot to the full extend. However I actually hope orlando Bloom lives up to my expectations (I think he is a very good actor, every film i see him in he is good, dont see why he gets much stick.)

botankus
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Before Troy was released, people were saying Pitt might get an award nomination.

After after it was released, they wanted him executed.

Discos
^^ uh why? Pitt was shit hot baby,

botankus
Sorry, I wasn't being serious. I'm just referring to how everyone who was so hyped for Troy reacted after they saw it.

Me, personally, I liked Troy. Alot, in fact. Especially after seeing Alexander!

DarthLazious
I'm looking forward to this movie besides ROTS.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by botankus
Me, personally, I liked Troy. Alot, in fact. Especially after seeing Alexander!

Wait till you see Baz "Moulin Rouge" Luhrmann's musical take on Alexander. stick out tongue

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ilvorlandobloom
Yay Orlando Bloom!! i cant wait till this movie comes out!!

Either can I.That and Batman Begins look like the best movies of the year.

Next Venom_girl
It just seems sickening to me to have a movie glorifying the crusades. Another great leap backwards in religious tolerance.
Oh and lets add Orlando Bloom and explosions too!
Sorry all, it just looks like crap to me. sick

botankus
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
It just seems sickening to me to have a movie glorifying the crusades. Another great leap backwards in religious tolerance.

What exactly do you mean by that?

DarthLazious
This movie looks like it will be a hit.

K Von Doom
It just seems sickening to me to have a movie glorifying the crusades.

As opposed to movies glorifying criminals (Billy the Kid), killers (Jack the Ripper) and thugs (William Wallace).

forumcrew
heading to see this tomorrow at screening

el barto_1
saw it yesterday the only thing i didn't like was the transformation of orlando in the movie. he starts of as a blacksmith and when the movie ends he is a superfighter

dvdcastle
I watch the movie, Kingdom Of Heaven few hours ago in the cinema. I would like to share something and pls correct me if i am wrong. Thanks.

" If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies. "

smile

forumcrew
Originally posted by el barto_1
saw it yesterday the only thing i didn't like was the transformation of orlando in the movie. he starts of as a blacksmith and when the movie ends he is a superfighter

yea it went way to quick which was rediculous.. the movie was ok not great the story just had to much with way to little many things were under developed and there wasnt enough emotion or attachment behind it. It was still pretty cool but lacking a major element.

jango fatt
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Either can I.That and Batman Begins look like the best movies of the year.
Star-Wars 3 revenge of the Sith will be the best movie of the year.

Oh and i'm gonna go see Kingdom of heaven this afternoon cool

jango fatt
You're right man

jango fatt
Well i've seen the movie now and you're not right.
It was a really good movie

WindDancer
I been hearing some rather good reviews of this film. My interest in this film is growing. Now I defenetly have the urge to see it. Will be right back with a review later.

forumcrew

Originally posted by jango fatt
You're right man

it also did not glorify the crusades at all.. niether side is really favored, it makes the crusades look fairly stupid atleast the people who actually wanted war (there were split factions) and the muslims seemed to be more logical. See the movie before you judge it on a basis that you dont know about.

LiL nAstY GirL
I did NOT like this movie at all

BackFire
This movie was alright, simply alright.

The battle scenes were really cool, but the narrative was sloppy and second rate, and the character development was non existant.

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by BackFire
This movie was alright, simply alright.

I've got the choice between this and House of Wax, what would you recommend?

BackFire
Depends what you're in the mood for.

Both are pretty generic, though House of Wax does have the Land of the Dead trailor attached to it, which gives it a huge boost as far as I'm concerned.

Ou Be Low hoo
I guess I'll see The Kingdom Of Heaven, although I feel a bit put-off by the Christian context of it...Damn, I'm still waiting for Sin City to come out over here...

BackFire
Wow, you don't have Sin City over there? Oh man, you're in for a treat when that one comes out, great movie.

Kingdom Of Heavens christian context isn't really very major, in all honesty.

Ou Be Low hoo
Is it better than:

Troy?
Alexander?
Braveheart?

BackFire
It's on par with Troy.

Never seen Alexander, but the people I went to the movies with tonight said Kingdom of Heaven was better.

Braveheart was infinitely better.

Ou Be Low hoo
Uh-oh...I thought Troy was shit...

BackFire
Oh, well some people thought it was better, this is merely my opinion.

forumcrew
Originally posted by BackFire
It's on par with Troy.

Never seen Alexander, but the people I went to the movies with tonight said Kingdom of Heaven was better.

Braveheart was infinitely better.

yea id agree with this, although i think troys a bit more hollywood and some people might like it better cause it maybe moves a bit quicker.

and the alexander and braveheart parts are correct too

lau_timmy
Far superior to last year's Troy, King Arthur and Alexander and up there with Gladiator. Ridley Scott has returned and saved the swords and sandals epics.

Murray
Saw it last night! Thought it was equally great to Gladiator, but I'll agree that it was no where near as good as Braveheart. I doubt it has a chance at Best Picture next year because Cinderella Man is supposed to be great. But it was Orlando Bloom's best performance, by a long shot. Wouldn't you agree?

Lord_Andres
Ya probobly his best I've only seen him in LoTR, Troy, and KoH, and he dose best in KoH, I love this movie, it's much better then Troy, it's almust as good as Gladiator, and thats saying alot, this is acturly one of my fav movies to come out in years! it truly shows that Ridley knows his stuff when it comes to epic film making

forumcrew
this wasnt clost to gladiator the story was too f'd up and the character development was poor

cal31
Just saw it and I thought it was good but not great. The middle part just dragged on for way too long and really didn't go anywhere. The actual siege of Jerusalem was amazing though, one of the best battle scenes I've seen in a movie, and it was quite long at that.

ragesRemorse
orlando bloom was a poor casting choice.. This isnt a biased remark either.

cal31
I don't think he was poorly cast, I just think his character was poorly written.

forumcrew
i agree with cal i think orlando actually did a good job with a poor character

BackFire
Orlando did pretty well, not good, not bad.

It was the narrative and character development, and very bad writing that hurt the movie.

Filmmaker451
I think orlando bloom was changing. Sometimes he did a great job and sometimes not so good. On and off. It took a while to get into. I saw it today. I'd give the first half 6/10 and the second half 8/10.

K Von Doom
Guh! I knew messing with the original story would mess up this movie. It's still better than Troy though. And nowhere near as good as Braveheart.

Murray
I saw it again on Sunday night and now that I've seen it again, I will say it wasn't as great as Gladiator was. However it was a very decent movie. Some parts were a bit of a mess, though, and the audience didn't understand a lot of the ending. One very negative thing about it was the character development. Like Sybila and all those men in the beginning. That was the only bad thing about the movie. But, it is a movie I would see again and probably buy on DVD.

You'll have to admit, the action was pretty damn sweet!!

The part where Balian steps on that one guys neck and snaps it was awesome.

The end battle had some pretty smart moves!

Kiu Dun
It was ok, but definately not in league with Ridley Scott's masterpiece, Gladiator. And Troy sucked along with Alexander.

nimbus006
The only thing about Orlando Bloom is that his facial expressions are always the same, his father is dieing and he doesnt even frown or lose a tear, he needs to go back to acting school and learn to show emotion besides that he did a pretty good job. But lets get serious this movie was not on par wit gladiator, it didnt develop very well mostly because there was to much story to tell and not enough time to tell it in. Personally i think Ridley Scott was overwhelmed for this one, he could of payed more attention to how they defended the city rather than wht they were defending it, it seems like it most epic movies lately their concentrating to much on sending messages to the audience about society today and war instead of maknig a good movie. i give it 2 1/2 stars.

Lydia_J
The storyline of Kingdom of Heaven was a bit pathetic, i dont know what but something just seemed a bit off about it but the battles and killing and stuff were all very cool so i'm glad i went to see it.

Morpheus
raver this is one movie i'll be seeing one more time.
King Baldwin was kindof cool. raver

Morpheus
Originally posted by Morpheus
raver this is one movie i'll be seeing one more time.
King Baldwin was kindof cool. raver

alic88
Originally posted by Lydia_J
The storyline of Kingdom of Heaven was a bit pathetic, i dont know what but something just seemed a bit off about it but the battles and killing and stuff were all very cool so i'm glad i went to see it.

its based on actual facts and i think the movie was done very well. and i am very happy since it showed the true face of sallaudin and didnt miss-interpret(if thats how you spell it) him. Salladin was a generous man and i have to thank ridley scott for that, atleast one movie in which muslims are not being portrayed as terrorists. orlando bloom was poorly cast IMO. edward norton played his role very well, i was still dissapointed with jeremy iron's character. and the ending dragged on for WAY too long.

dber
this is a great movie. cool

K Von Doom
Good movie, based on actual events but changed dramatically...

- Balian was married with kids (not to the queen) during the Jerusalem siege
- Reginald of Kerak wasn't a Templar
- Tiberias didn't flee to Cyprus, it was he who advised against war with Saladin
- Both Balian and Tiberias (actually Raymond of Tripoli) were at the Battle of Hattin where the christian army was destroyed
- The christian army had a reason for marching into Hattin which wasn't explained in the movie
- The Templar and Hospitaller knights didn't bicker that much
- Guy de Lusignan was a weak willed king
- A boy king ruled at that time, the leper king's rule was a bit earlier
- Richard III never met Balian

... just being picky

DarthLazious
I just saw it last night and I loved it....It was better then Troy but not as good as Gladiator

Jimmy Cokes
i loved it too.

have u guys heard about disaster the movie?

it looks totally funny - i wanna know when it comes out.

Pirate_monkey
I LOVED This movie!

hayden's minx
Crap - I just went to see it earlier, got to just after Orlando Bloom sexed up Eva green- then had to go to the hospital in the ambulance with who I went with because they collapsed. A & E on a Saturday night is a *****. I'll have to go see it again - but I liked what I saw. I felt cheated when Liam Neeson died within 50 minutes though. sad

Pirate_monkey
is your friend ok?

alic88
Good movie, based on actual events but changed dramatically...

- Balian was married with kids (not to the queen) during the Jerusalem siege
- Reginald of Kerak wasn't a Templar
- Tiberias didn't flee to Cyprus, it was he who advised against war with Saladin
- Both Balian and Tiberias (actually Raymond of Tripoli) were at the Battle of Hattin where the christian army was destroyed
- The christian army had a reason for marching into Hattin which wasn't explained in the movie
- The Templar and Hospitaller knights didn't bicker that much
- Guy de Lusignan was a weak willed king
- A boy king ruled at that time, the leper king's rule was a bit earlier
- Richard III never met Balian

... just being picky

thanks for that( no sarcasm)

hayden's minx
Originally posted by Pirate_monkey
is your friend ok?
Yes, she's just got to rest - got discharged at 4:30 this morning. Once she's better - i'm taking her to see it again big grin

Lianslo
I saw this movie yesterday, and I liked it. The middle portion got a bit long, but it was worth it. I thought Orlando did a good acting job, plus the battle scenes were pretty amazing. I don't really think its fair to compare it to Braveheart, because, can anything come close? Also - I really liked Troy, I don't know why everybody thought it sucked... Anyways, I'd recommend this movie.

Murray
Saw it again! Who besides me thought that the action was awesome?

rohanspear543
Awsome but the battles dispointed me a bit otherwise i loved the story and acting.

TheAnimal
i saw it 4 times. the story was great. i thought it was gona suck like troy but i was wrong

moviejunkie23
It was really good. That was about the coolest role i have ever seen edward norton in, very unique and he pulled it off very well!!
Good stuff!!!!clapping

ApolloX
I didnt like it. It was boring and yeah...

moviejunkie23
really??? why did you think it was boring???

ApolloX
Because it was so slow and to much talking. Maybe i just wasnt in the right mood for it.

moviejunkie23
oh yea, its all about taste man, i liked the dialouge, i was happy to see they didn't sacrafice a good script for just mindless action. I liked the lines between blooms and nortons characters too about the kings and pawns. The Kings can order the pawns but the pawns always have control over their own soul. I liked it.

xXLauriëXx
it was good, i liked it smile Orlando's acting was much better than i'd expected

Murray
Orlando Bloom was beautiful in that movie, having seen it 5 times. Who agrees?

xXLauriëXx
yeh, he was more good looking than i'd remembered from Troy smile

Leggy_n_Merry
I thought this film was good especially the fighting wow man! The way it kinda went slow and then really fast...i can't explain what i mean but it was cool! It did drag on a bit I agree they talked a lot but it wasn't exactly boring, and what's with the sex scene being cut out i was like WHAAAT haha! All you saw was her kinda grabbing his back it was pathetic roll eyes (sarcastic) hehe. Anyway.. it didn't seem like a lot happened, I know it's based on facts but like all it was was him going to Jerusalem and fighting and that was it really. But I still enjoyed it and I would give it 7/7.5 out of 10 big grin so about 3.5/5 big grin

Pirate_monkey
Originally posted by Murray
Orlando Bloom was beautiful in that movie, having seen it 5 times. Who agrees? he was very hot! and also very brave unlike the sissy he played of Paris in troy! i saw it 3 times already!

xXLauriëXx
i've still only seen it once, but it's one of those films i only need to see once really...
it's on April's front cover of Empire if anyone's interested, and there's an article inside obviously.. bought it today from the market .. 60p!!! eek! big grin

hayden's minx
yes - nice sexy picture of orlando bloom with man scruff on the front. I get it monthly ... or someone buys it every month for me and I read when I'm at home ^_^
Doesn't beat the may copy with darth vader limited edition cover. Simon Pegg, Kevin Smith and the director of spaced/shaun of the dead give a hilarious interview about being star wars geeks in there aswell.

Pirate_monkey

xXLauriëXx
true ... stick out tongue

Pirate_monkey
droolhere is a piccy!eek!http://www.orlandomultimedia.net/kingdom/stills/kohstills_36.jpg

Leggy_n_Merry
Oh....my...god!!! Wow dude thanks haha! How do you put an image on do it comes up big? I've never known how to do that. I have a few Kingdom Of Heaven pics they're cool! Say if you want any...

xXLauriëXx
i know i've already said this, but it's more ontopic here... i LOVE ur sig moggy!! big grinbig grinbig grin

Pirate_monkey
Originally posted by Leggy_n_Merry
Oh....my...god!!! Wow dude thanks haha! How do you put an image on do it comes up big? I've never known how to do that. I have a few Kingdom Of Heaven pics they're cool! Say if you want any... i have heaps of piccys and im making a sig too! um... did you see that image? cause on my computer it didnt turn up....

botankus
Alright, I've been sent away for 2 weeks on business travel in NYC, I will finally get to see this movie, plus whatever else comes up. A few movies, like that Exorcist prequel, have opened up here.

xXLauriëXx
i have heaps of piccys and im making a sig too! um... did you see that image? cause on my computer it didnt turn up....
i couldn't see it yesterday, but i can today confused.. strange

Syren
Went to see this movie about a week ago and although the film itself was pretty moving, I don't think Bloom was right for the role. He played a lead figure over many actors who are practically veterans in the film industry. He's an excellent actor and I adored him in LOTR, but as a 'warrior' type role, I don't think he was appropriate. The film was really enjoyable though and I would definitely recommend it happy

Pirate_monkey

Leggy_n_Merry

xXLauriëXx
it was somewhere on the LotR forum big grin

Pirate_monkey
woah! soo may convos at once! What was your favourite part of the movie? i liked when they were building the well and how he made every able bodied man a knight! eek!

salahaddin
There were a few very obvious mistakes about the Islamic faith in the movie. In fact they could be easily corrected.But I do not understand why they are omitted.
And I still find it rubbish for a blacksmith to be so capable; he was a wonderful engineer,warrior,commander,farmer and a little doctor with his wide infection knowledge.
By the way, the character of Salahaddin was in a very little part of the film. For me, he could be seen more in the movie.

xXLauriëXx
woah! soo may convos at once! What was your favourite part of the movie? i liked when they were building the well and how he made every able bodied man a knight! eek!
yeah the knighting scene was awesome big grin

K Von Doom
I think Saladin was depticted as more of a "force of nature" in this film, neither 'good' nor 'evil', whatever the Christians do he'll be taking back Jerusalem with his 100,000 warriors. And that's probably what the director wanted. In Balian you had the hero you were rooting for. In Guy you had the villain you hated. In Saladin you had a character that you wanted to be rooting against because he was fighting Balian but you ended up liking him because of how honorable he was. It was probably a conscious decision on Ridley's part not to include too much of Salah Al Din because if he did, people would probably start going for him instead of Balian and he couldn't have that.

Pirate_monkey
no expression thats a great explanation! eek! couldnt hav said it better meself!

botankus
It was alright. The beginning was somewhat confusing, but it got on track once it got going.

Pirate_monkey
yes.... i wonder where they put his wives head...

xXLauriëXx
i'd prefer not to think about that no expression

Tandrade
I think they needed to stick to the book more. it was alright it could of been better

Pirate_monkey
There is a book? cool! im gonna read it! big grin

K Von Doom
There was no book

Pirate_monkey
ok then ill watch the movie again!big grin

xXLauriëXx
There was no book
yeah i didn't think there was a book either confused

dima2005
i wached tht movie it's good but troy was much better

jeandylon
hi i would like to suggest you this cool site where you can download movies / games / music online! They reviewed the best download movies sites online, i saved time and money with them and i found most of the movies (including kingdom of heaven!) i was looking for!

the url address is EDITED FOR SPAM

lovebuzz
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
That was about the coolest role i have ever seen edward norton in

erm WTF when was edward norton in it?

btw its silly to compare this movie to troy or gladiator because it wasnt an action film it was a drama piece about the nature of organised religion and religious beliefs... rationality vs extremism...

MC_GG
Edward Norton is the King who has skin cancer. Man you really gotta listen to his voice if you dont know that the King who had the skin cancer is Edward Norton

WrathfulDwarf
Wonderful! I finally saw the Directors cut DVD yesterday and I was quite in love with the film. Ridley Scott did a decent job. The score of the film had both muslim and christian themes. Made the drama more intense and more emotional. Might give it a full review later. A well done work by Scott.

Murray
Originally posted by MC_GG
Edward Norton is the King who has skin cancer. Man you really gotta listen to his voice if you dont know that the King who had the skin cancer is Edward Norton

Not to sound all correcting, but the King Baldwin had leprosy, not skin cancer.

I don't know if I necessarily ENJOYED the movie. It was difficult to get into it, you know. I loved Eva Green, Edward Norton, and the guy that plays Saladin. Orlando did well in his performance, I think. It wasn't AMAZING, but I liked it.

What I really want to see is the extended version of the film. It is supposed to be really great. The original has the POTENTIAL to be a great movie, and I think that will be illustrated in the extended version.

But i heard the sex scene isn't extended. DAMN IT!!!!

-Tired Hiker-
This movie was okay, not bad. I'm just getting tired of all these movies that use Peter Jackson's LOTR hand me downs. erm

dementedde
I didn't like this movie at all. There were two parts that were sad, obviously 'cos the girl I was seeing at the time was crying! I love films like this but it just had loads of scenes and dialogue that doesn't really need to be in it. Also the fighting scenes are rubbish! Only one part had some good original special visual effects but nothing that can make up for the film. Also I just want to point out that they had orchestrated music from the Hannibal movie on this. Talk about originality! They should of made it at least entertaining, maybe it could of then saved it.

Kelly_Bean
Alright someone I know wanted to point out a muscular guy with long blonde hair and I've never seen the movie so I MUST know who this is. Anyone have any idea? Pictures?

exanda kane
Who?

Kelly_Bean
.......that's the whole point of my posting that question, to find out.

exanda kane
And you expect the answer with the vaguest description imaginable?

Kelly_Bean
Well have you even seen this movie? Are there more than one long blonde haired guys that are muscular in KOH? If so, well the only other thing I know is that he had an arrow shot in his neck and he pulled it out and continued to fight until he was decapitated. That's all I know.

exanda kane
It's a historical epic. They're all muscular and wear there hair long.

But I do have the Director's Cut, and I will have a look for you.

Kelly_Bean
Thank you.

coolmovies
This is another great film by sir Riddly scott (Directors cut) but people where dissapointed with the first cut. when it first came out i found it a drag it was long and borring i was expecting something like lotr. Then we got a Directors cut by Riddly which makes the story so much better.

Kingdom of heaven is about one man's struggle to better himself and the world around him.

If you havent seen it its on this sunday C4 9PM

exanda kane
I like it better than Gladiator, even if Orlando Bloom comes up a bit short in the hero role.

But I'm sure there is already a thread on this.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>