music in other languages

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
I think listening to foreign music is kinda cool cool

Rammstein is awesome

And I have a CD from this French rap/funk band called "Zebda" that's a little weird but kind of good

HockeyHorror
i listen to Armenian music sometimes.

smittenkitten
Usually I don't listen to music with other languages for the vocals, because it doesn't do much for me not to know the lyrics. However, the Nothing Song, recorded at Edinburgh (there's a different version used in the Vanilla Sky soundtrack) by Sigur Ros is an exception for me. It's so beautiful.

-Smitten Kitten-

burlyman
Ive some german and french music

claidisa_felton
i luv spanish music

DemonicSlayer
I'm a big fan of japanese music

ElectricBugaloo
Kinky is a great band from Mexico

DemonicSlayer
A great band is Malice Mizer..you should hear one of their songs

tabby999
Sigur Ros made their own language to sing in. thats kinda cool

claidisa_felton
i thought sigur ros were icelandic.

dragonpisces272
my next door neighbor listens to loud mexican songs so i guess i listen to that big grin and anime, which is japanese most of the time

Kaleanae
I listen to some French, Arabic, Spanish music (I have listened some songs in latin)

fly_girl130USA
I listen to Josh Groban. He sings Italian, Spanish and French. Oh and he sings in English too! laughing out loud

tabby999
they are, but they still made their own. pretty interesting.

Evy_O
I listen to american music, it's another language stick out tongue
I also like eastren music yes And spanish big grin

Darkseed
Crematory, they are a german gothmetal band and are far superiour to Rammstein in every way, check out the song "FLY" it pummels all of the Rammster`s songs, i`m a fan of Rammstein but Crematory are a better band, well i think so anyway smile.

Piggle Humsy
I love listening to all sorts of music from around the globe. I do like to know the words so I usually look up the translated lyrics,
I listen to some Ukrainian stuff sung by Milla Jovovich (yes the actress from 5th Element) She was a singer before she was an actress and one of the songs sang in Ukrainian is called "The Glade" It's a very beautiful Ukrainian Folk Song and the story that goes with it is lovely.
I listen to some japanese, Gaelic & Spanish aswell as many others, All music is beautiful. smile

Piggle one eye
x x x x

ElectricBugaloo
the name that Sigur Ros gave to the 'language' they sing in is 'hopelandic'

flavinho
well i like Brazilian music a lot big grin

PurityKnight
do u understand em?

...I listen to english music , wink , that's foreign to me.... god, I'm so funny shifty

RebelPhoenix
^Rammestein are good industrial but he sings in monotone and yes, I realise that if I could understand German I might appreciate it more wink but in general I like variation in the vocals as well as the music so I don't know how much more I would like it.

When I was younger I used to enjoy chinese pop music thanks to my wonderful chinese best friend and her family I used to spend time with and it also gave me my initial exposure to their contemporary film & music culture as well - whereas before I only knew about their tradtional themes so that was cool smile

Nowadays I have a taste for Latin Spanish (which does have it's difference for European Spanish) music and actual Latin sung in operatic styles. I've also listened to my fair share of Indian music as well (not Bhangra). Other then that I used to always watch the European Song Contest (before it went down hill a few years back) if that counts for anything stick out tongue

Darth Revan
Nope cool

PurityKnight
sometimes I'd wish I couldn't understand them either, cause some of their lyrics are sooo stupid.
but i guess that's the thing why they are so popular in other countries.
...and (its sad but true) maybe their kinda "nazi"-style, which of course they aren't.

Darth Revan
Yeah it sounds all gothy and scary just 'cause of his voice but I know it's not

Df02
i can understand quite alot of Rammstein, since ive learnt German for aslong as i can remember.....cudnt hold up a conversation still, but i can translate if i spent time over it lol messed

I VOTE ALL COUNTRIES BE MADE TO SPEAK ENGLISH BY FORCE, WHOS WITH ME!??! embarrasment

Darth Revan
Nah English sucks it's one of the hardest languages out there

Like, why do you chop a tree down, and then chop it up?

Df02
you only realise inconsitencies like that because you understand the language.....pretty much every language has things like that

PurityKnight
^^true

VallejoKid707
I listen to Spanish music. Fulanito is a good band yes

Darth Revan
Well that's just one thing though... English spelling is probably the worst... Grammar is pretty bad too...

Df02
English spelling bad? :O

only cos the Americans ****ed with our language :P

nagchampgirl
Subsonica and Articolo 31 are good bands from Italy. Subsonica is rock and Articuolo 31 is rap mixed with ska and rock. I also like Alizee from France, she sing dance like music.

Joni Happy Dance

quiball
I love foreign music. they're all so diverse and so interesting. And there is something about not understanding it that makes it all the better.
My fav is jap music. but maybe that's cos i love anime

Darth Revan
no... think about it... Like there was a guy a long time ago who realized that you could phonetically spell "fish" "ghoch"

HannaBananabal
Indian/Paki Pop is AWESOME. SONU NIGAM ROCKS. Kuch Bhi Na Kaha is AWESOME!

I also love Arabic, such as Cheb Mami (some of you may know him from Sting's song "Desert Rose"wink and Nawal Al Zoughby (woman LOL) And Egyptian singers like Mohamad Fouad and Amr Diab (some of you will know Amr from the Pepsi commercial with Britney and Beyonce...)

After a while of listening to foreign music, you recognize certain words... in Arabic music, you'll hear "Habibi" a lot, which means "my love"... and in Indian and Paki music you'll hear "pyaar" a lot, which is Urdu for "love".

GABRIEL05
I once listened to a song in sign language.

Df02
yea you can......but think about Eskimo's with 10 different words for snow :P

Ellen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.