Superman vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
In your opinion, who would win? the man of steel or the Odin's son? For me , its a very closer battle, they are so equal in power, but if i have to choose one , ill say thor. And your opinions?

norrin radd
it already happened in comics, superman was the winner.

Rasta
I think they already did battle? I'm not entirely sure, but I think Superman came out the victor. I'm not a massive Thor fan, can anyone give me a small synopsis on his abilities/powers?

norrin radd
yes, superman won. if you want to know more about thor:

http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/thor.htm

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/thor.htm

Magee
Yea also in the recent JLA/Avengers comic issue 36 i think. Superman knocked Thor out.

SuperDarryl
Superman all the way. Superman is just to much for Thor. Thor is a tough God but The Hulk breaks his foot off in his *** everytime they meet. Think about it, The Incredible Hulk kicks the stuffing out of Thor. And Superman is a bigger bad @ss then The hulk so how in the world is Thor gonna take Supes? this is my point. Debate it discuss it, think about it, and come to the conclusion that Superman will win! evil face

Magee
yes superman will probably win i wouldnt say definatley. Hes got that tendancy to hold back on any good guy. wink

SuperDarryl
If Superman was enraged enough he could no doubt beat Thor to a bloody pulp and probably end his life. But only if he was pissed like if Thor screwed Lois Lane or something. The we would have a nasty problem.

Darth Vicious
But you guys forget about Thor's enchanted hammer and everyone knows Supes got no defense against magic and in the comic they both kncked each other out, first Thor knocked Supes with the hammer and then Supes beat Thor but in a 3rd round im going with Thor!

eleveninches
Probably Superman.
Superman does have a weakness from kryptonite, but thor is not actually a god, he is just a shapeshifting alien who was manipulated (by the human who took on the persona of Odin) into thinking that he is a god.
Superman may be invunrable, but adamantium is meant to be unbreakable, and thor's hammer smashed a piece of adamantium into pieces

Never
Thor would win. Most everyone that I have encountered on any NEUTRAL messageboard have agreed that the Superman vs. Thor battle was HORRIBLY written and did not come close to accurately portraying Thor's abilities.

Jesus, Mjolnir could siphon off ALL of Superman's solar reserves. Easily.

And LoL, if you thought SHAZAM'S lightning made Superman look frail...we forget that Superman is vulnerable to magic?

Um, Thor is the Norse God of Thunder. ODIN transformed Thor into Donald Blake as a means of punishing him. I know no humans that have lived for thousands of years, nor do I know of any Asgardian humans. Do you read Thor?

When?

VENOMfan
Well from what I know he dented a piece of "true" adamantium. it was still a feat but he didnt shatter it or anything

Rasta
Didn't Superman catch the Mjolnir, as stupid as it sounds?

Rasta
Why? I've no idea about the hammer, and what it can do, so please elaborate.

Jamaican
Well they've already done the Thor vs. Superman fight before, and all i can say is that Thor fans are pissed off. They do have the right to be as Mjolnir is magical, and anyone that knows Superman knows that his second weakness is Magic. I do think though, despite the magic powers, that Thor would lose. I don't read Thor/Avengers that much, but the ones that i have, he seldom uses Magic. What i've seen is that he goes and tries to beat the hell out of his opponenet, and if that fails, then call on Mjolnir. And besides, how would he know that Superman is affected by magic? If he does, well good luck Kal-el. If not, Superman can definetely destroy Thor. He may be a God, but he doesn't have the abilities Superman does. And one thing Thor does not have is as smart a brain as Superman. Once he finds out that Mjolnir is his biggest threat, Supes will work on taking Mjolnir away from Thor. Now, if he does that, and he is able to pick up the hammer (which he and Wonder Woman have done in the past), then Thor will no longer look like a God, he will look like an ant...

Info on Mjolnir...
http://users.ev1.net/~peanut/item-mjolnir.html

eleveninches
The origin of the asgardian pantheon is detailed in Universe X, and other publications. Originally (thousands of years ago), a group of powerful shapeshifting aliens landed in an area where people were worshiping the norse gods. The thoughts, beliefs and superstisions of those humans caused the aliens to assume the role of the norse gods in almost every way. The leader of the humans was transformed into Odin, and convinced the aliens to believe that they were actually the norse gods, and they have believed it ever since.

tkitna

Rasta
What the **** is up with everyone and their poor quoting skills?

Rasta
You're not Thor. Do not even put yourself in the equation.

Speed? That's a huge factor. I thought Thor possessed incredible speeds such as Superman. That's a massive advantage.

Glad you agree noodle.

Lol?! I think you're mistaken, what on earth is thunder going to do?

Negative, that was magic.

As does Superman. He has a hell of a lot of Battle experience.

tkitna
Here's a quote for you Rasta, "Blow Me"! Was that ok?

Rasta
No.

Negative noodle-thunder, this was about your quoting skills. Not my own. Mine are perfect, your's, on the other hand, are abysmal.

tkitna

norrin radd

Rasta

norrin radd

Rasta
I said nothing about fighting skill, only battle experience. Just because you have a lot of battle experience, it doesn't necessarily make you a great fighter. Chances are you will be, but it is not guranteed.

I believe he recieved training from Mongul in fighting, and how to use his powers in unison, aswell as to hold back less.

JuggernautFan
well, in narration amongst the thor comics, it was often stated that thor "was as fast as the lightning he commands". thor has the speed to compete with superman. this is a non factor. superman is much faster and much stronger than wonderwoman. but she often holds her own with him. even if superman is holding back (can you say scapegoat). who say's he wouldn't hold back with thor? atleast until he started loosing. thor has been fighting for thousands of years. i'd have to say he does have more fighting experience, and his abilities are greater. but i don't read dc comics on an incredible scale. so i could easily be wrong about superman. no doubt he is powerful. but i think thor would be one of the characters that would make him utilize all of his powers to the best of his abilities if he's going to win. not to mention that mjolnir can absorb any kind of energy that is directed at it. that alone could disable some of superman's abilities. but it's hard to tell who would win. i'd say superman just because they seem to operate on a much higher scale than marvel characters anywa.

Never
Universe X does not supersede the current Asgardian motif as conceptualized by Journey Into Mystery writers.

So glad you asked!

Nullifying vortex (Mjolnir) <------

Thor is able to use Mjolnir to create a vortex around himself and others, if desired. This vortex has been shown take on many properties. It has acted as an anti-magic shield against the Juggernaut, disconnecting his link to the Gem of Cyttorak. It has been used to absorb the Power Cosmic against the Firelord. The vortex can be used as a virtually unbreachable wall, which was useful against an enraged Hulk while Thor wanted to consult with Odin. A vortex has also been created to stop the passage of time within the vortex relative to the world outside. This allowed Thor to finish a battle against the Cobra and Mr. Hyde while delaying death in the mortally wounded Jane Foster.

Detect energy sources (Mjolnir)

Thor can use Mjolnir to find sources of energy or magic. This has been used to find track down, among others, Magneto and the magic Norn Stones.

Absorb and redirect energy (Mjolnir) <---------

Mjolnir is able to absorb and redirect tremendous amounts of various forms of energy. When redirecting energy, Thor has shown the ability to exert some control over it. Some noteworthy examples of absorption include absorbing Magneto's force field, rendering his vulnerable to physical attacks. Mjolnir has also shown the ability to attract and absorb Power Cosmic blasts from the Silver Surfer, removing a significant attack from his arsenal. Another example involved drawing the magnetic energy from a planet and redirecting it into a attack against a Celestial. Only the last example took any additional time or concentration to perform.

Godly essence blast (Mjolnir)

For those really tough villains, Thor is able to channel his godly essence through Mjolnir for a truly monumental attack. This has been used very rarely, as it can weaken Thor considerably. He has used this to kill Jormungand, the Midgard Serpent, to actually drive back the "unstoppable" Juggernaut, and to actually pierce the armor of a Celestial.

Interdimensional travel (Mjolnir)

Traveling to different dimensions (including Asgard) is possible through the use of Mjolnir. This can take three forms: Thor can transport himself and those near him to a desired destination, Thor can throw Mjolnir around a target and warp it to the desired location, or Thor can open a dimensional portal through which anyone can travel through (usually a surprised, onrushing enemy).

Mystic energy blast (Mjolnir)

Thor is able to project powerful mystic energy blasts from his hammer. This tactic is typically only used against opponents that also use energy-based attacks. Similarly, Thor can fire lightning bolts directly from Mjolnir. When this is done, the power of the lightning is magnified greatly.

Flight (Mjolnir)

Thor can fly using Mjolnir. This is typically accomplished by throwing Mjolnir and holding onto its strap. Once airborne, however, Thor is able to maneuver and change direction. This travel can be done at an incredible velocity; Thor has been shown overtaking spaceships that were travelling at near light-speed. After throwing Mjolnir, Thor can remain airborne until the hammer returns to his hand. There is obviously a lot more control here than Thor just hanging on for the ride, but it has never really been explored beyond this.

Control over weather (Mjolnir)

Thor is the god of thunder and storms and has complete control over all forms of weather. He can create raging electrical storms complete with thunder, lightning, hurricane-force winds, tornadoes and torrential rains. He can also create any of these phenomena individually. Another aspect of this power allows him to stop any of these weather conditions as well. The powers are shown as being channeled through Mjolnir. Also, Thor cannot be injured by lightning or any other weather-related effects.

To illustrate the extent of this control, Thor's power of weather can be compared to Storm's, a mutant imbued with weather controlling powers. Although very powerful, Storm can only manipulate existing weather conditions to achieve the desired effect. Creating a thunderstorm in a desert would take much longer than normal. Thor, on the other hand, creates weather conditions as a result of his godhood. Creating a thunderstorm in a desert requires no more effort than normal. While Storm can manipulate weather, Thor can just as easily undo her manipulations with little effort. In Marvel vs. DC, Thor defeated Captain Marvel by simply withholding the lightning that allowed him to transform from Billy Batson into the superhero.

Mjolnir as weapon

As a battle weapon alone, Mjolnir is a formidable force. Forged from the indestructible element uru, the hammer has two enchantments that are particularly useful. The first causes Mjolnir to always return to Thor's hand after being thrown. Or corollary to this is that Thor can "call" the hammer to him. The second is the famous "worthiness" enchantment, which prevents anyone but Thor from wielding the hammer. Of course, the vague wording of this enchantment has allowed a few others to lift the hammer is specific situations. The hammer has other powers which will be listed separately.

Debated someone on a Superman messageboard regarding Shazam's bolts. Researched quite a bit. Am almost 100% certain that it is magical lightning.

Agree with Juggernaut as regards to Thor being "as fast as the lightning he commands."

Thor has SO many ways he can defeat Superman, not to mention he is by far the better fighter, and more experienced...by far.

Rasta
Lol. Very in-depth. I'm quite frankly stunned by the power the Hammer holds, definitely puts the fight in a different light.

That's what I was refering to aswell, that it was magical lightning. While Thor's lightning might have magical properties, as already stated, it's not exactly comparable to Shazam's magic bolts.

Baddd idea! I've been to a few messageboards regarding certain characters, and their so baised it's untrue.

I believe Superman also has ways in which he could Defeat Thor, otherwise he wouldn't have in the comic. Has the Hulk not beaten Thor?

Never
I think that JLA vs. Avengers battle was horribly written either way. Here is another's opinion which I think summed it up pretty well:

"Absolutely. When Superman struck out with his Heat Vision, all Thor needed to do was lift Mjolnir (y'know, the enchanted hammer that absorbs and redirects any and all energy directed at it?) a few inches and block it, like he has done countless times against eyebeams from countless foes (Gladiator, Hyperion, Count Nefaria, Thanos, etc.). Its what you'd expect from someone supposed to be the mightiest warrior in his universe. What happened? Thor opted to walk through the blast, which weakened him so severely that he could barely string a sentence together and practically handed Mjolnir to Superman ( who looked and acted more like the pre-crisis Superman we saw in the 70's than the modern guy). Thor fought like a brainless, unskilled version of the Hulk and deserved to get put down.

But yeah, it was garbage. The fight itself was one of the worst I have ever read; no dynamic poses, nothing more than a few ugly panels (Check the panel where Thor 'skips' through Superman's HV; truly awful). Its not so much that Superman won, its that the fight was rubbish. Both characters are capable of taking far more punishment than they did, considering they were fighting for their universe and all. It should have been an amazing battle, but it was absolute crap. The only thing memorable about the fight is the amount of flak that Marvel got (and are still getting) afterwards for letting Thor be portrayed as such a weakling."

Simonson's is the most accurate portrayal of Thor as warrior in my opinion. Waid? Ehhhh.

Re: Hulk, as with Juggernaut, they are more than a match for Thor in a straight out fistfight. When Thor actually USES Mjolnir, it turns the tide of the battle in his favor. I recall one issue wherein Hulk goaded Thor to fling Mjolnir...and Thor did...and Hulk beat his ass BEFORE the hammer returned...LoL

Mjolnir can negate/absorb anything Superman flings his way if it is energy based. Heat Ray vision? Nullify. Solar reserves? Absorb. Not that he fight would be penned in such a manner - and Thor's intransigence would in all likelihood sully his judgement and he would engage Superman in hand to hand - but Mjolnir's magic based attacks are more than a match for Superman.

Rasta
Lmfao. Where did you get that? That was hilarious, he makes the comic sound like a ****ing disaster, as I'm sure it was. That's just the kind of humour I love, small or big, exaggeration.

Anyway, so discounting that fight, even that opinion stated it should be an amazing fight. Without the Hammer Superman has a much better chance, compared to with. But with, it tilts in Thors favour. That's not to say Superman couldn't win though, it's just one of them fights again. No clear-cut winner, just likely, and less likely.

I never seem to find these battles in which the biggest heros fight, do they more often that not live up to the hype, or are they all like the Thor/Superman clash?

tkitna
Your use of the phrase "noodle" ,,,, are you speaking about a persons actual brain, or is it some strange fascination you have with the male genetailia?

JuggernautFan
i have often wondered if mjolnir in thors hand could absorb superman's solar reserves. i have pondered this myself many times. it's hard to say if he's capable of it or not. as for those saying that the lightning itself is magic i'd have to disagree. superman, like juggernaut is susceptable to mystic attacks of sufficient degree. juggernaut wasn't fazed even the slightest by thors lightning. i think pretty much the same thing would happen if he were to strike superman with it. hard to say if the godforce could down superman. he's tough. he's been blasted from the earth to the moon with no damage.

kal-el
Agree with every single word of this! Even the only bit I liked about the comic:superman with cap's shield and Mjolnir, particualrly where he uses it to smash through the final wall of Krona's defence could have been drawn so much better.All of the art sucked and the dialogue was weak as f*ck!

Never
Solar is a form energy.

Absorb and redirect energy (Mjolnir) <---------

Mjolnir is able to absorb and redirect tremendous amounts of various forms of energy.

Yes he could, as could Quasar, Captain Marvel, and so many others...

The Godforce is magical. Shazam put him on his ass by just saying "Shazam."

kal-el
read this guys.its a good account of afight between these twohttp://www.electricferret.com/fights/hardrain.htm

norrin radd

kal-el
you don't like it?.I think it's pretty funny.They only adapt it to match the votes and I think they do pretty well, they comment on all their abilities and shit. Check out the cap v bats one. Its the result I'd have gone with.

wolverine8888
ok if thor can't take hulk and hulk can't take sueprman what would ever confince u that thor could possbly beat superman

norrin radd

FrothByte
physical powers: superman wins... barely
every trick included: thor wins. i mean, he could just teleport superman to a deserted planet without a sun, leave him for a couple of weeks, teleport himself to the planet and lay the smack down on superman even without his hammer.

Wynndar
good point

Rasta
Kind of defeats the point of fighting now doesn't it. Like to know how he catches him to do so, also.

Never
Wrong, Superman does not win on strength alone. LoL, AGAIN - Thor has lifted Jormungand, the Midgard Serpent. ANYTHING Superman throws at Thor - heat rays, anything energy related - Mjolnir can absorb.

The. Entire. Earth. GROANED. Under. The. Weight. Of. Jormungand.

They are in the SAME strength class, and Hulk is above BOTH of them. Someone needs to do a little more homework on Thor.

wolverine8888
superman fast stronger and better at every thing eles then thor and trust me I hate superman. thor can't beat hulk and hulk about hundred tiems slower then superman

Wynndar
thanks never....these kids dont know what their talking about smile

supremthor
I read a comic were DC version of thor sumoned wonder woman and superman. He sumoned them to help him defeat an army of demons from hell. Thor dies in the battle and superman weilds Thors hammer.After a THOUSAND YEARS of battle superman with a strick of Thors hammer sends the demon king back to hell.And also he never killed not even a demon.

lifeisaglich
superman wins because he out weights thor in every thing except magic or course. and didn't superman put thor down with one punch.

Swanky-Tuna
Can Thor or his hammer sense when there's energy to absorb? And is it a constant thing or does he have to "flip the switch" for it to start pulling it in?

And lifeisaglich, was that the fan voted crossover? Are all the vs crossovers fanvotes? No matter, they don't hold much water most of the time.

Abaddon
I agree, the comic character of Thor possess all of the aspects of the Norse god. Thor is the strongest god in the Norse pantheon. I'll go ahead and assume people know enough about Superman. But obviously, hardly anyone knows the true power of the god Thor. Superman is faster but not stronger. Thor has been known to possess limitless strength and is only destined to die at Ragnarok. In other words, only the end of the world can defeat Thor. Also, Superman has a vulnerabilty to magic, which is what Thor draws his strength from. This battle has been debated a lot since even before the JLA/Avengers crossover and most people admitted that Thor could beat Supes. The reason that Supes defeat at the hands of Thor never came to fruition was because of an arguement by DC. DC's arguement was: Why should our top hero be defeated by second rate character (second rate in popularity that is). In other words, it was politics that led to Thor's defeat in the recent crossover. Even the people at Wizard Magazine did a "what if" battle and they gave it to Thor. As strong as Supes is, he cannot beat a god. Especially one brimming with magical power.

joesha28
True... very true. Superman is no match for Thor. Thor beat Gladiator who got speed and strength like supes. Well for the Thor vs Hulk. Thor could dispose the Hulk but Thor wanted to test his strength against Hulk's.
godly pride u can say.

wrathofachilles
The bottom line is that Old Superman very well may be capable of taking down Thor, but the Post-Crisis Superman is greatly inferior to Thor.

Evangel94
Lol, thor can fly without the mjolnir. For the past 5 years of thor that's how its been. Where have you been?

Evangel94
Agreed. People need to realize that superman is just an alien that draws his powers from the sun. He's not a super powerful cosmic entity.

You can debate powersets all you like, but DC would never in their right minds allow their top hero superman to lose in a crossover battle. It's their top product and they will protect it.

MERCILOUS
Well yeah, recent Thor. Characters have changed there powers so much, people should specify what version of the character it is that they want to discuss.

emraldguardian
The way i see it is the it took Hulk 3 days of fighting to even get on Supermans level of stregth and then even after that Banner had a heart attack,so i doubt that Thor is as strong as Supes seeing as how DC characters are more off the wall then marvel, not to mention Superman has moved a Planet before so that is a pretty good show of stregth, second Supermans speed would be to much for Thor(even though Supes never uses is). Im going with Supes on this one he is to much for Thor.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v39/bmovie_buff/?action=view&current=thorsupes_4.jpg

wrathofachilles
As has been said, Superman doesn't lose crossovers. Yet there are supposedly numerous characters in DC that could take him down. Thor is more powerful than plenty of those, especially now. Half the time Superman exhibits powers he had Pre-Crisis when he's fighting a crossover opponent. Like I said, pre-Crisis Superman takes him apart, but current Supes vs. current Thor, Thor is way too much for him. And what happened after the Avengers attacked Supes in your picture gallery?

lifeisaglich
I do not know how the hammer works to absorb energy but I can tell you that in order for the hammer to absorb energy thor has to turn the hammer around. As if he is going to attack somebody. That is its on and off switch if you ask me.

Fanvotes I do not know but if you look at the fight scenes between superman and thor despite what most people say I think this one was done quite well.

And superman did not defeat thor with one blow.
And can some please tell me why people like to exaggerate about things like this?

crazyspinz
it was a fan based thing, but

thor=god
god=lost o magic
lots o magic>superman

Havoc470
in current marvel versus current dc, thor wins imo

crazyspinz
thats cuz currently thor is king thor isnt he

lifeisaglich
But isn't the current superman energy supes.

On a different not is king thor evil becasue they say that he killed the thing and savage hulk.

crazyspinz
he did, he thought it was the right thing to do for some reason.

but no the current superman is not energy supes. i heard that they where making superman some how get transfered to krypton with no superpowers, no memory of superpowers and hes planet isnt blown up and he is just like a normal cop, with an S on his chest. i have a pic, one sec

crazyspinz
there she blows, hes got a motor cycle

lifeisaglich
So it is an else world?
And is King thor evil?
and one more thing cool pic.

crazyspinz
im not sure if king thor is evil or not, i think he is just like power hungry or something

lifeisaglich
If he is power hungry then that cannot be good becasue people who for power always turn evil. Isn't that right?

wrathofachilles
Thor's not King Thor anymore. He is not as powerful as King Thor now, but he is much more powerful than Classic Thor because now he has complete mastery over the ancient Asgardian Runes and he basically thinks of incantations to get things done. He's on Strange's level magically.

FrothByte
ei guys, check out this sight. it describes how thor is gonna defeat superman...
http://www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm

eleveninches
And if he is hungry for power, that means that he has not got enough power and is insecure about his power.

emraldguardian
http://photobucket.com/albums/v39/bmovie_buff/?action=view&current=thorsupes_5.jpg
Man that was an awsome comic. Im still going to say that Supes Speed will give him the edge on this one.

wrathofachilles
Yeah I know the Avengers attacked him, but the next pic is just back to the Thor fight. I wondered how Supes handled Iron Man and Hercules and others jumping him.

emraldguardian
he didnt they were beating him down and the jla ahd to help him, i mean he did just get done beating Thor.

wrathofachilles
That's a cool list, but I don't agree at all. No way does Spawn belong there, I don't see Firestorm being a match for Hulk, and I still don't consider Surfer above Thor. Number 2 maybe, but not 1.

Havoc470
that list is complete bull, did you read the part of flash versus spawn, doc strange, and xavier? it's hilarious

i think spawn deserves to be on that list though, i mean fighting Angela, Cy-Gor, Violator, Malebolgia (AKA satan) and "saving" all the superheroes with Bone (lol) pretty much gives him the right to be up there

supremthor
tells u every singles ones power history and etc http://classicmarvel.com/cast.htm

juggernaut74
If Thor cant beat Juggernaut he stands little chance against Superman.

juggernaut74
I shouldnt say little chance. It would be a good fight but I think Superman will win.

eleveninches
but it doesnt have their former incarnations. For example, no parallax

wrathofachilles
Thor did beat Juggernaut. Twice. And he wasn't superior to Dr. Strange in magicks back then either.

K3VIL
Guys, you are underrating Thor level of strenght even in the JLA VS AVENGERS crossover and before he got the Odin's Power.
He has show several feats of great strenght, and resistance too, he has substained the entire Brooklin bridge, lift the Midgard Serpent, if Thor keeps the hammer in his belt and starts to fight fist to fist, he can defeat the Hulk before Hulk reach is level of strenght, remember that Hulk is class 70strenght when he's quiet, reach 100 with the starting rage, and when he goes mad he surpass class 100 strenght, which Thor is in, he can lift excess of 100tons, it's not calculable is exactly strenght but it's great, without the hammer he will be weakened but he wouldn't go under excess of class 100strenght.The fight in JLA VS AVENGERS was not good, of course nice to see, but two powerhouses like Supes and the Odin's son need about 10pages to show their real power level, but they close the fight after a few punches, 1shot of heat vision, and Thor didn't use his god-force blast.About Thor's speed, don't you remember that he has superhuman reflexes and reaction time, as a level of superspeed that is not clear but probably not too much under that of supes, at max the half of that of supes.About Thor flying without Mjolnir, i've see that only when he was the owner of the Odin's Power, but without i've never see it.

Clarifications about King Thor:

He starts to rule the Earth after mortals attack the copy of Asgard that stands in the sky over NY City, and he starts to register all the born childrens with superpowers, to prevent terrorist attacks to him or New Asgard, a city born from the Ashes of NY and Asgard.In one issue is show the battle between Thor and the last heroes:
Captain America, Wolverine, Doctor Strange, Hulk, The Thing, there were also Warbird and Quicksilver captured by Loki, who were in possess the Doctor Strange's cape and the Eye of Agamotto, so he was a strong opponent, anyway Doctor Strange reach the nursery where Thor was with the Encantress and their son Magni, Wolverine crush through the door, cutting away Thor's left arm and eye, then he were destroyed by an eyeblast of Odin's Power, during that Doc Strange put a medallion on Thor's neck, drammatically reducing his powers, Thor says that no mortal can do something like that, and Strange answer that the Council of Earth Pantheons can.The Thing and Hulk arrives in the nursery, and Benji says: Houdini have done the job(i've translate it from my italian comics so excuse me if the spelling isn't exactly), prepare guys, IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME.Benji and Hulk charges Thor and leap from the royal palace down into the streets, after a fight that durate hours(sayed from Thor), we can see Thor with a foot on The Thing's chest, and Hulk stabbed with a piece of rock into the chest, they're both dead.Thor had lose is left arm and eye totally during the fight.At this point, arrives the shield of Cap that hit golden hair head, Cap starts a combo of his better hits, and when is goind to cut off thor's head, saying that he will pay every price for a free world, Loki remove the medallion from Thor after killing Balder who was going to murder Magni if Thor doesn't stop to resist.Withtout the medallion, Thor catch Cap's neck, lift him and destroy the shield and Cap with another Odin's Power eyeblast.A little tear comes from my eyes when i read this Thor issue, it was great.

supermanprime
wow all that for king thor, but if dc decided to make superman totally immune to magic instead of being slightly vunerable to it then all those who hate supes will say that is unfair. i am glad to see that marvel doesnot overpower their characters huh!!(being sarcastic)

jinzin
superman vs. a guy who can physically comete with superman plus has magic.....wow and this lasted 5 pages?

mdbull73
If you guys want to see the FASERIP stats for both Superman and Thor,

http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/superman.htm

Superman has the upperhand 415 to 330 in terms of OVerall Health

jinzin
magic>health

jinzin
whoops i meant physically compete...

the Darkone
Originally posted by eleveninches
The origin of the asgardian pantheon is detailed in Universe X, and other publications. Originally (thousands of years ago), a group of powerful shapeshifting aliens landed in an area where people were worshiping the norse gods. The thoughts, beliefs and superstisions of those humans caused the aliens to assume the role of the norse gods in almost every way. The leader of the humans was transformed into Odin, and convinced the aliens to believe that they were actually the norse gods, and they have believed it ever since.

The earthx, paradise x, universe x stories are what if storys they are not in the main stream comics.

the Darkone
Originally posted by mdbull73
If you guys want to see the FASERIP stats for both Superman and Thor,

http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/superman.htm

Superman has the upperhand 415 to 330 in terms of OVerall Health

you are quoting a role playing game. wink

Thor is more powerful than superman. Superman only has super human strength, speed, invulnerability, heat vision. Where Thor controls storms, lighting, thunder his hammer projects more powerful energy projection and the hammer can open deminsions. He also has god-like strength, godlike reflexs, speed, immortality, and thor can unleashed the godforce in a blast our by throwing it killing anything on impact even immortals. Plus he's been fighting since he was born thor is over 2,000 years old been trained in every weapon and art form from asgard.

And that jla/avengers crossover that fight was bull sh** in a full battle thor will tear superman apart, like superman thor holds back when he fights on earth becasue he can unleashed his godly magical/cosmic engeries that can devastate a city. If anything it's 50/50 depending on the story but if it's king thor superman will get f**ked up big time.

SarKastic_OJ
Superman will and "already did" win..

Who cares how crappy and badly written the crossover was??

Popularity is "always" going to play a role in a Superman vs Any Marvel franchise and there is really no way to avoid it..

Superman (as much as I hate to say) is not going to lose to Thor...EVER..Yeah he may be vulnerable to magic but he beat foes who's primary power "was" indeed magic, to Thor magic is a sort of "secondary" power and not really his central form of offense.

Thor is stuck on the Hulk(whom beat him down on many occasions, literally), Superman stood "unphased" from a direct-timed hulk blow, now you TELL ME who would win..Superman "already" proved himself against Thor and just because the results upset alot of anti-superman fans doesn't mean the fight completely sucked...

Superman wins this battle "all-the-way", with sugar on top....

yugotank
"Oh Oh Oh it's magic, I know"....Supes get beat 6 out of 10

Juntai
Supes.

panthergod
LOL, look at the Thorbags, so desperate to ignore Sueprman's powerelevel.

Superman and Thor are peers in powerlevel. Sueprman CLEARLY physically superior, by a substantial amount. likewise, Thor has superior energy-based powers.

The real diference is, that Superman is smarter than Thor is in combat, thor has always been a more brutish warrior who likes to slug it out in physical combat rather than break out his energy manipulaing abilties from jump, especially against Bricks.

Superman has super-intelligence, and mroe consistently uses his powerset in tactical ways.

This'll be a great wight, but Superman wins 6/10.

And anyone who thinks that Sueorman is 'just an alien who can fly punch and blast' as rationale for him using knows nothing about the character.

quanchi112
superman has a slight edge over thor. supes should win slight majority in this affair.

endrict
Thor wins,but with the use of magic. If he doesn't use magic Sups wins more.

quanchi112
Originally posted by endrict
Thor wins,but with the use of magic. If he doesn't use magic Sups wins more. thor can win around 45 percent of the time. but supes wins the majority. supes knocked him out cold in jla/avengers. but i know dc would not let supes lose to a marvel character like that. dc loves superman long time.

Priest
Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.