Troy's Epic Battle Scene, How Will It Compare To Those Of The Past

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drifter101
viewing numerous previews of the new movie troy it seems it has a couple of big battle scenes. some what big enought to be scaled to those of the past.

first will it be a succesful battle scene?

will it top new peeks?

or will it be like so many other battle scene builds up and be a flop of a battle?

say what u think bout this new battle scene coming our way

Drifter101
To add on that the battle seems a bit too vast in a way.

There have been vaster battles i believe such as the Pelennor Fields but maybe it is the whole thing of the foot soldiers chargeing, as opposted to horses plowing into infantry.

It seems that Troy's battle may not have the edge as Pelennor did. what do u think

whatshisface
i think it will rival pelennor fields. it may not look that way 'cause they don't have big a$$ oliphants running around and butt ugly trolls firing catapults, not to mention the ring wraiths and the winged steeds.

Drifter101
that is true, the elephants played a big role in that battle yet i still believe the horses also brought a bigger presence than their somewhat weak infantry charge

eleveninches
It was almost wonby troy, as the greeks retreated after failing to breach the city walls, but at night they left a wooden horse (as a 'gift') to the trojans. Then the greeks escaped from the horse and opened the gates to let in the remaining horde of greeks to attack troy.

Julie
Tory may or may not have a better battle scene, but I think LOTR will always dominate for fan base so "we" win

movieman
Those are interesting questions, and I'm not sure.

I certainly hope that TROY will top the battle sequences in LOTR: ROTK as those are the best, I think. Generally, as new epics come out, that's what happened. I hope it happens here, althought they are different types of battles.

Drifter101
it will not top the feel and hype that ROTK had like i said the horses really gave it strength, this is an infantry charge, in the most part weak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.