???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aniron
hi, today my mum and I bought some books, I bout all three lotr, and my mum bought simillarion -cant remember the name. But can sum 1 tell me about silmalorion or whatever its called hee hee.

oh ye this creepy guy also came up to us and sed that when aragorn got thie ghosts it was "like yey" it's annoying when freaks like cool stuff.

Arwene
i know that book looks on net for help

The forerunner to The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion fills in the background which lies behind the more popular work, and gives the earlier history of Middle-earth, introducing some of the key characters. The Silmarillion is an account of the Elder Days, of the First Age of Tolkien's World. It is the ancient drama to which the characters in The Lord of the Rings look back, and in whose events some of them, such as Elrond and Galadriel, took part. The tales of The Silmarillion are set in an age when Morgoth, the first Dark Lord, dwelt in Middle-Earth, and the High Elves made war upon him for the recovery of the Silmarils, the jewels containing the pure light of Valinor.

aniron
Valinor being the elvin jewl or summit?
Has morgoth got anything to do with the Balrog?

sauron
silmarillion is about from the very beggining until well....the MAIN part the end of the first age...but it also tells of numenor falling...and the third age (briefly)

but well......iluvatar made the ainur sing..and they sang and he made there song a reaity...creating earth big grin some of the ainur went down and some stayed...the ones that stayed are unimportant in the story

these ainur were VALAR and MAIAR the valar being the major ainur....and of them melkor was the mightiest...he desired (and envyes iluvata) to be called lord...so he fought the other vakar for kingship of earth- or arda...he was winning until tulkas came along and ruined it...so he ran back to M:E and there he stayed being evil..with his lietenant (yours truly) sauron, then he was a bit more evil when the elves appeared and the valar came and saved the day and imprisoned him in valinor....but he was like 'im sorry for being evil for countless ages of the world...' so they were 'ok you were vil for thousands of milleniums but we will let you out after just three ages for being nice' and he got out and stole the silmarils which were created by feanor.....feanor was like 'thieving git' and said ' i will get them back..!!!' so he set off but manwes herald said 'you cannot go' so feanor says to him 'heuy..eat my elvish strawberry scented shit vala boy' and set off....but then got killed because he was an idiot and tried to fight several balrogs, which you dont do,,,, so then all feanors sons were like AHHH DADDY and they waent to war aswell....and theres lotsd of wars, important people dont live for more than three pages, then theres beren who falls in love with luthien and he says to thingol luthiens dad ' can i marry your daughter ' and thingol was like 'yeah if you come here with a silmaril in your hand' (because evryone wanted a silmaril...just like everyone wanted a buzz lightyear or a woody a few year ago...) so he set off about to die, but then luthien went along...and beren tried to get away so she wouldnt die with him....but she kept cathcing him, and then they met huan ho was a dog, but could talk...only three times though, and then luthien sang everyone in angband (melkors then fortress) to sleep with a lullaby yes aw how sweet then melkor tried to get off with her but she made him sleep, and then beren took a silmaril, and tried to take another but the dagger conviniently snapped and scrathched morgoths poor face...so then he woke up and sent his BIG DADDY WOLF after them...and it bit of berens hand with the silmaril in it and beren said to thingol 'haha i hav a silmaril in my hand....but my hand is in some big wolfs body' so thingol got a hunting party and huan killed the wolf..but died doig it, and beren died too i think, but he came back because luthien was a good singer.....and thingol had the silmaril and he made some dwarves make a necklace with it, but they killed him and took it...then the dwarves got killed,,,,,,,then hurin got cursed by morgoth and all his children were cursed too...and turin jkilled his friend and was unlucky and married his sister who he hadnt seen since she was little so he didnt know, and she didnt either because she was hypntized by a dragon......but she killed herself and so did turin (he killed the dragin too) and then everyone basically died and then the valar FINALLY came and fought morgoth and cast him into the void.....

then sauron went to numenor and was sly and it got destroyed and then he made some rings eith the elves of eregion or somewhere like that...and the rest you know as lotr

i ruined the entire story didnt i?

no theres LOADS of other interwined stories that kickass

sauron
Valinor is the undying lands....which is where elves go on ships,,,where frodo went at the end of lotr.....and elves go when they die too

Arwene
see sauron is wise aint yah sauron

sauron
*beams*

thats not even a quarter of what happens

Arwene
aww is sauron blushing or smiling lol

sauron
both embarrasment smile

aniron
I'll read it when I have timee hee hee, bye

Fëanor
So eloquently put...methinks? stick out tongue

laughing

sauron
hey its whatr happened big grin

take the eths of thou and the and thats the story big grin

shadowy_blue
LOL...Lordy, your post cracked me up..laughing

The scenes are accurate but the dialogues are hilarious. laughing

Kitoky
Basically the Silmarillion is the collective stories of the adventures of the Elves, for they are the wisest and fairest of all beings. wink

sauron
its not about the elves!!!!

elves do not wholly take up the book!!!!!

NO! there are talking dogs!!!!

TALKING DOGS I SAY

and the only people who said elves were wisest and fairest were elves themselves.... stick out tongue

the most beautiful creature ever on earth was varda...the light of iluvatar still in her face

shadowy_blue
Manwe!!! You bastard!

Kitoky
I SAY TOM!!!!!

Chelse_gladrin9
i need a hug...........again......... like always......... no expression bunny

LegolasLover411
*hugs Chelse gladrin9* there ya go!!!

Chelse_gladrin9
thank you happy bunny

Chelse_gladrin9
I ALMOST HAVE NICK, I ALMOST HAVE NICK! rock rock bunny

LegolasLover411
o.0 who?

Chelse_gladrin9
kid at school rolling on floor laughing

Kitoky
Ahhhh don't mind Chelse, she's obsessive with someone who doesn't go by the name of Orlando Bloom, please let her be. big grin

anaritearbina
silmarillion is definatly all about Eol now isn't it? He is the most awsome. I love him.

Chelse_gladrin9
LEMME ALONE IM BRAGGIN!! miffed

Chelse_gladrin9
I HAVE A LIFE.... i think..... huh

Chelse_gladrin9
i like the bunny...... bunny bunny bunny bunny bunny : bunny:

Chelse_gladrin9
Kyle, call a shrink.....pleez....

LegolasLover411
Me too. His name is LEGOLAS!!!!!!!!

LegolasLover411
shrink?

Chelse_gladrin9
LEGGIE IS THE GRATEST!!!!!!!!!!!

Chelse_gladrin9
im gonna edit my profile, brb

LegolasLover411
GO LEGOLAS!!!!! AND HALDIR, AND WILL TURNNER, AND TROY....*COUNTS ON FINGERS* AND CARTIN JACK SPARROW, AND KIT, AND JAMIE YEA A BOY) AND MIKE, AND ADAM, AND DAVID, AND i COULD GO OO0O0O0O0O0N AND O0O0O0O0O0O0ONNNNNNN

Chelse_gladrin9
i gtg....
no i dont wanna but i gotta no bunny bunny

shadowy_blue
You love Eol too? eek! I love him too!! big grin Dark Elf...love

Chelse_gladrin9
I HAVE SEEN NO PREVIEWS FOR TROY EXCEPT AT HE SUPER BOWL!!!

LegolasLover411
o0o0o0o0 is he bad? shifty shifty shifty I like bad boys.....could you show a pic?

LegolasLover411
Maybe if you typed in "TROY" in a search engine, something would come up......*grumbles* superbowl.......halftime.......*****..............

LegolasLover411
uh....i mean bad elfs............ embarrasment

shadowy_blue
LegolasLover: LOL..I'm confused..are you talkin' about Eol, the Dark Elf? yeah, he's kinda bad..kinda..but I love him. big grin And I have a vision that he doesn't look bad too. big grin I don't have any pic, just paintings and conceptual arts coz he's a character in the Silmarillion. smile

LegolasLover411
0.o.....uh.....ok.........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.