What Is The Greatest Comic Film Ever Made

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drifter101
Over many decades the film industry has brought in the industry of comics of many brandes.

DC, Marvel, Dark Horse.

now we decide what is the greatest comic book film created.

Kaleanae
X-MEN2

Cinemaddiction
You forgot "The Flash", "The Avengers", "Blade", "Daredevil", "The Rocketteer", "The Phantom", "The Crow", "Men in Black", "Mystery Men", "The Shadow", "Dick Tracy".

Granted, most of them suck.

But with those choices included, my vote goes to the "Blade", with the original "X Men" in a close second.

(BTW, there's an actual comic book movie section for stuff like this.).

ragesRemorse
yeah from the list given id say the original batman or spiderman, every other are just dissapointments. X2 just detroyed everything the franchise could have been, in my opinion atleast. Hellboy was probably the closest adaptation for a comic to film moive, but i just wasnt that entertained. Spiderman and batman did the best jobs with capturing the essence of there characters. even if focusing around one charactrer is easier than a group.

wuTa
batman and spiderman were good but i went with superman....that movie paved the way for the rest of the comic movies

Drifter101
yea i do respect the old superman films they did do alot, im just not for their idea to make a new superman film

VENOMfan
Hellboy was a damn good movie, Blade 2 is hard to top tho.

I didnt care to much for the X-men movies, both of them might as well have been Wolverine spin off's. I mean isnt Cyclops the leader? not some short putz with 5 lines.

still entertaining tho I would just have liked a little more of the rest of the team

Drifter101
yeah in the comics u do see the team more involved the second film was mostly about jean, and the other half bout wolverine,

but for some reason i still think the whole dark presense and mystery of batman in the 1st film had me hooked, i really love it when the authorities and the public hate the hero. gives it a nice touch.

blade had that, batman had it and spiderman had it for a few scenes.

SuperNova
I liked hellboy, because it wasnt too bloody, it was a bit funny, it showed more of his personal life, it gave you more about the super-hero. I will always like spider-man however, so, yup. I liked hellboy though, and the punisher was good.... but too... murderous.

Drifter101
yes i see very bloody comic films to be somewhat fake if it was an independent comic such as Spawn i would understand but DC and Marvel comics w/ extreme blood i see to be wrong

Jason420
spider-man

eleveninches
X2 or superman 3

Spawnie
I voted batman from the list, but if there was "The Crow" that woiuld be my choice. If u would kindly rent the DVD and see the special features u will find the interview with the maker of The Crow, and u will see that The Crow was really greatly adapted for the big screen. Oh, and Blade also falls into this category.

punkyhermy
batman:mask of the phantasm

Drifter101
yea batman mask of the phantasm was pretty good, it was better than batman forever and batman and robin combined its the #3 batman movie.

Viper
X2

forumcrew
this poll only shows that comic fans arnt the people that like the new movies

kal-el
As film witha good story/acting superman is very hard to beat.Its' like watching mythology when you watch it. Spiderman paved the way for the new age of comicbook movies IMO.I know blade and X-men were before it but spidey whooped ass on a huge scale and appealed to critics aswell as fans.Daredevil is prob the most faithful comic film Ive seen but I hear Hellboy is too, but I haven't seen it yet.

Drifter101
like i said earlier superman was a great film the 1st one

kal-el
and you were RIGHT!!

Mr Parker
Superman.Hands down,no contest.

Mr Parker
actually many of those choices were a lot better than the over rated spiderman and batman movies,they should be up there listed.and actually Kal-el,many fans and critics have critisized the spiderman movie as bad as I have.

Drifter101
spiderman is not the worst comic film made the worst ever was the 1980 version of The Punisher, that was total $hit

Drifter101
oh and the 1970 version of Fantastic Four, know that dont really count but it was horrible

Drifter101
but i would count those comic films of those early non special effects era

Red Superfly
Actually if we are counting Men In Black I'd have to say that. I love that film (erase the sequel from history please!).

Even though my fave comics are Spiderman and The X Men, I'd have to say in terms of a movie, Men In Black's my fave.

kal-el
I'm sure they have but what i mean is the nature of the film that appealed to crtitics; it's character based story , it's tasteful score and it's good merge of good action and good content. I know that you hate the specifics of the movie like the 'organics' but critics judge superhero films on the fleshing out of the character, which Tobey Maguire did excellently IMO. agreed he's not that much of a whining pussy in the comics and is alot more funny and laid back, in compariosn to the film. In any case, I wont' try to convince you to like it coz I know you hated it. there were things I think could have been better in all the comicbook films ive seen but I never go to watch them thniking it will be perfect. The only way the films could be kept more closely to comics would be for the companies to employ several writers for each comic to come up with a set of rules. Little things annoy me like the punisher being set in Tampa when he's a hero with a great affinity with NY and small things like that. IMO Marvel should have struck a deal with only ONE film company(like DC did with WB) for all their characters and then kept each film closer to the comics.Too many director's want to show their 'own version ' of these characters(Ang Lee) which is wrong because these characters have life histories longer than most of us and should be kept as they are IMO

Red Superfly
Yeah, it's about how ego-maniacal the director/producer is. If they don't care about the comics too much, they'll "go off on one" and start letting their minds WORK (baaaad idea).

People say you've got to make compromises when making a comic adaptation on the big screen. Yeah, make the compromises worthwhile and in the best interest of the movie, don't go making stuff up for the hell of it (Hulk/Spiderman)

kal-el
Exactly. And the success and bombardment of superhero movies makes something quite clear:that no one can come up with their own original ideas with which to create a film, so they become part of major comic book movie and use it further their career. About Daredevil though, stick wasn't in the original origin so to speak although I would have liked him their too. But DD was made by someone who really wanted to portray DD the way he is.MArk Steven Johnsen loves the character himself and has actually admitted it didn't come out the way he wanted it. It was mainly due to the cutting out of 30mins of footage that couldnt be put in a 15 rated movie.The R/18 rated version apparently has more plot links, DD dealing with street thugs, drugs, child abusers(staple DD stuff).

But on the whole I totally agree with your points man!

Drifter101
i would explain y i agree but im too lazy im just gonna say i agree 2

Drifter101
so yea

G.P
I would go for X-men (the first one), even if it's not that faithful to the Comic. Then "the Shadow"(I don't think it sucks, but that's my opinion) and Spidey...

Linkalicious
Pretty sure they didn't make the list because they aren't beter than the ones on the list.

Well with acception to Blade 1 and of course the best of the all "Dick Trach"

Drifter101
yea i forgot blade the others trust me those other movies kinda sucked especially the Flash movie, he was like a line backer for the Jets wtf was that?

eleveninches
Flash Gordan was just really terrible. The soundtrack was god, but thats about all that was good about it.

Drifter101
thats why those other films didnt even make the list i 4got bout blade though im kickin myself over that one

wuTa
do u know they made a captain america movie in the ealry 90s?....i saw at the video store but i didnt went it coz it looked ****n horrible

Drifter101
early 90's? u sure not early 80's cause lots of comic book movies were made then and just sucked like the punisher from 1980

SuperDarryl
Gotta give props out to Batman for believability first. Second becuase Micheal Keaton did such an awesome job beaten Jack Nicholsons ass. Ba

SuperDarryl
Batmobile is pimp! Untouchable!

Darth Vicious
I voted for Spider-MAn but i also believe that BatMan(1989), Blade and Superman were great also, the reason is that they all follow their origins pretty much exactly as in the comic books!

SuperDarryl
Damn the image didn't post, let me repost that bad azz Batmobile again!

SuperDarryl
ight cool, like my ride?

JuggernautFan
do the alien/predator movies count? i liked the first predator movie also. but i still think blade was the best. just throwing out some ideas.

Drifter101
not really see the comics were based on the films so not really go to the horror area theres a discussion bout alien vs predator

Drifter101
i still think batman was great i like dark movies, where the authorites are out to kill the hero where in batman they were trying to do until the end

VENOMfan
X2 was OK but there wasnt enuf Xmen......just a lot of wolverine..wohoo

Safire
I don't know about you guys.. but when I think of the Hulk movie, I can't help but wonder what could have been..
D*mn you, Ang lee... D*mn you to h*ll...
Seriously he should be deported for that screw up alone...
Along with the film's screen writers....

It was the first REAL failure for the new Marvel flicks...
But something tells me, that Fantastic Four's "new" director will make sure FF joins that short list soon..

eleveninches
I thought the hulk movie was cleverly put together. The way they made the screen split into different segments, like in a comic book.

Drifter101
the only horrible thing about the hulk was the very distracting and annoying camera visions as a comic book would have, it was clever but annoying none the less

Drifter101
but still after all i still love the dark presence the first batman had, he would like just disappear and reappear, he never did that again in the other ones, it just made him mysterious

WWestFlashFan
the hulk movie was sooooooooo boring untill the last 5 min..it reallly sucked

eleveninches
superman films were cool

christopher reeve is the man.

norrin radd
i liked hulk, ang lee did a good work

Drifter101
prob w/ hulk is they tried to stick too much story at once, and the ending was really really really bad, superman was the dawn of all comic book films the mother of all and that is why they rock,

Sunspot
........X2.....obviously

Gravity Kills
The Crow really should have been on the list

Gravity Kills
Since I have to pick one on the list I choose The Punisher.

Drifter101
i usually forget about independent comic books, i really regret it because alot of good comics are independent

Lord Shadow Z
The Shadow is my favourite, and apart from the Superman films and the Batman films(not counting Batman and Robin) I don't really find the others that interesting because they are badly made. Well Blades cool, and both the Men in Black films are reasonably watchable.

Drifter101
MIB II was disappointing Men in Black 1 was good

mpatterson
know 0ne beats blade 1-2? i like batman 1-2 as well and spiderman 2 will
rule when that comes out

sonofasaiyan
Well I think there is a tie between X2 and Spiderman for the Greatest Comic Film in my opinion. Superman and Batman were also good but Captain America with Eric Roberts... (i think) sucked its own ass big time. Plus the Spiderman soundtrack was off da chain I mean just listen to "Hero", Batman and Superman wish they could have got that song for their movies. mad

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_30922_uR.gif

mpatterson
the hulk movie was all wrong the story did not work. where was rick jones, the lab accident was wrong and nick notle as a villan he sucked!
the hulk plot took to long the dog fight was ok but ang lee srewed up
worst hero film ever

mpatterson
superman is a classic and batman. i think a new superman film would be ok if they follow the smallville plot and used more powerfully villans like braineyac and lobo or darkside. the batman begins will be good to.

Drifter101
yea its good to go back to the mystery and dark nature of batman, unlike the last two batman films made him corny such as the television show did

Drifter101
now hopfully the new batman film protrays batman correctly for the first year, batman has to kill criminals like that, he has to be wanted by the authorities, he must be the vigilante he always was.

Arachnoidfreak
Batman doesnt kill anyone. he never has.

Drifter101
excuse me u never has? he use to be a vigilante, kill the criminals who opposed the common good, the old comics he did so, in the graphic novel Batman year one which the new film is based on he killed, he was a vigilante meaning he took the law into his own hands, he stopped killing after the first batman movie, or around the time period when he was taken in by the law and accepted. but he did kill in the past.

Arachnoidfreak
give me an issue where Batman has killed. Year One was a graphic novel out of continuity. writers do all kinds of shit to characters that are out of the character's normal behavior in one-shots. dont tell me youve never noticed that.

Drifter101
In the Batman comic, 'Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, batman is a total vigilante and in the most part in almost every issue he kills a criminal.

Drifter101
still batman is a very dark character, as is blade that is also why i like blade the dark and mystery about him, pretty much any hero whom the law is against i love.

Gregory
Batman: Faith arc: Villians killed: 0
Batman: Prey arc: Villians killed: 0
Batman: Fear arc: Villians killed: 0; villians Batman risks his life to save: 1

Got counter-examples?

Gregory
It's also made clear in Fear that James Gordon completely trusts Batman not to kill anyone, to the point that attempting to frame him would be pointless.

Besides, Legends of the Dark Knight stories aren't in continuity.

Arachnoidfreak
Thank you Gregory, for helping prove my point. I dont exactly have the largest Batman collection ever, so i couldnt really prove it.

badsymbiote
I've said this before and I'll say it again. When they adapt these books to movies, it's a given that people like us will generate the largest chunk of revenue, because we're very likely going to watch anyway, even if we don't like it (except for the Hulk, which I couldn't stomach at all--I tried, I really tried to watch it, but had to bail). As comic readers, we have to accept the fact that each title adapted will contain a certain number of anachronisms--it's a necessary evil: unfortunately, if the creators want to introduce all the characters and subject matter that they want, they have to cram it all in to a comparably tiny time-frame.
I think we could all pretty much nit-pick most of the titles, but what would be the point? I try my best to just enjoy the different spin, and not cling so rigidly to my expectations. Afterall, the adaptations are meant as tributes, truly labors of love by those who make them, for the benefit and enjoyment of the rest of us.

MaZnFLiP
superman is awesome...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.