NBA Rookie of the Year SPOILER!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I have the results of the NBA rookie of the year. According to sources, LEBRON JAMES! WOO! is the winner of the award. To cover my reaction: I'M SO FUKING HAPPY! I KNEW IT! It came from Cleveland.com and says:

LeBron James, the super- hyped phenom who went from high school to the pros and kept the Cavaliers in playoff contention until late in the season, has beaten out Carmelo Anthony in voting for the NBA's Rookie of the Year award.

A source with knowledge of the vote tally, speaking on condition of anonymity, said James will be presented with the award Tuesday. James averaged 20.9 points, 5.9 assists and 5.5 rebounds and helped the Cavs improve from 17 wins to 35.

Anthony led the Denver Nuggets into the playoffs, averaging 21.0 points, 6.1 rebounds and 2.8 assists. But James, 19, was only the third rookie in NBA history to average at least 20 points, five rebounds, and five assists, joining Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan.

Alias_Neo
spoiler, huh?

Myth
Unless you were being sarcastic and saying, "Duh, of course he won it" then yes, it is a spoiler because that info isn't suppose to be released until Tuesday.

§pearhead
laughing out loud I never realized spoilers could be applied to sports

Myth
If there's a will, there's a way.

ElectricBugaloo
seeing how it's front page on all the sports websites...

Alias_Neo
laughing out loud thats wut i was saying

Myth
I look at a lot of sports pages and when I first came across it, it was only on that one site. All of the others didn't have it up yet.

ElectricBugaloo
i saw it on CNNSI.com, ESPN.com, yahoo sports, and sportingnews.com...

but it was announced today anyways

Myth
I'm not saying it wasn't seen on those sites, but when I saw it it wasn't on those (well I didn't see CNNSI or sportingnews.com) along with numerous other sports and NBA sites. I'm glad he won it though.

Super-Man-Lives
LeBron won the award, carmelo went to the playoffs, darko has cool hair, dwayne wade can beat the hornets. thank god, now lets move on..

Jeff_Atello
I would have preferred 'Melo win it, and I called him winning it at the geginning of the season, but there's no denying that Lebron is great, and he deserves it.

Myth
Tonight was a perfect example of what I was saying about the Nuggets. The Nuggets are a good enough team that they only lost by 2 to the Wolves despite Melo going 1 for 16 (2 pts).

ElectricBugaloo
Lenard kept the Nuggets in it; Minnesota played HORRIBLY.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.