Alexander

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BOPRecruit 16
hey everyone!

upon request, i thought it was about time to make a thread for this movie. been discussing the idea of angelina jolie's character playing a mom to alexander, colin farrell's character in the 2004 movies thread. it's about time this movie got a thread. the idea of those actors playing mother and son, just seems weird. how is that to work out? let's hear y'all's opinions of this movie! post away!

later,

sodapop allerdyce

Kes
They are going to age her. Since the story will have a young (7 year old) Alexender I think its cool that they have her playing the part and obviously changing actress for the older Alexender scenes would be lame.
I really want to see this one!

buffymitch
They chose her because alexander and his mother had a sex relationship. I think Alexander was i bit oversexed so he had sex with everyone including his best male-friend

Kes
LOL...still they could have picked an older actress.

buffymitch
did you see the pics she lokks really old and depressed

BOPRecruit 16
well, that's good to hear. you should tell them that! laughing j/k

Kes
The one I saw she looked normal. confused Maybe I saw wrong LOL
Can you post 1?

BOPRecruit 16
i've seen the new pix that kmc posted from this movie, colin farrell's hair looks really out of place with it bleached blond and havin' his brown roots showing.

Kes
Wow Angie looks really cool! very well done, at least in this pic! none of that wrinkle thing, just heavy make-up!

BOPRecruit 16
if anyone finds a link to the offical movie's site, please post it and let me know!

BOPRecruit 16
http://romanticmovies.about.com/library/graphics/alexanderpube.jpg

http://romanticmovies.about.com/library/graphics/alexanderpubb.jpg

http://romanticmovies.about.com/library/graphics/alexanderpuba.jpg

http://romanticmovies.about.com/library/graphics/alexanderpubc.jpg

http://romanticmovies.about.com/library/graphics/alexanderpubd.jpg

http://romanticmovies.about.com/library/graphics/alexanderpubf.jpg

Link: What You Need To Know About > Drama/Romantic Movies > Alexander > Production Stills

BOPRecruit 16
scratch that post before the one with pix, here's the link to the offical site: http://alexanderthemovie.warnerbros.com/

movieman
Things were so weird back then.

I mean, who nowadays ****s their mom, as well as has homosexual relationships with their best friends?

Kinda gives me the shivers.

Anyway, I can't wait for a teaser at least. I'm hoping we'll get one with Troy, because they're the same type of film, both sounds amazing, both are Warner Brothers. Yeah.

forumcrew
angelina shouldnt be in the movie at all really.. she was not very important philip had many wives and many sons, alexander lead the calvary in the battle that crushed thebes and athens when he was 18 took over as king after his dads assassination at age 20.. he then secured control of greece and proceeded to take over the persian empire.. his mom was just another ho bag philip banged... thought to be a little crazy as well

BOPRecruit 16
kes: from looking at these pictures, do you think the setting and the characters' costumes look authentic? i doubt it...needs work here and there... *shrugs*

Kes
Well its a movie. They tend to exaggerate.

forumcrew
and this one looks like they are exagerating a good bit.. troy seems more historicaly accurate.. but should be cool still.. oh the other alexander project with leo decaprio seems like it has the more true story line

yerssot
troy more historicaly accurate???? are you awake?

if one is going to be more historical, it will be Alexander, cause they're not even sure if the Trojan War ever HAPPENED

forumcrew
ok well let me rephrase troy looks more like the legend is known.. the mere fact of major importance on jolies character and not on king philip shows the errors in alexander

yerssot
that's better wink

just, if people think it will be anywhere NEAR historical accurate, troy OR alexander, those people are just plain wrong

Kes
You are assuming that Jolie plays a big character. And remember this movie is about Alexander and not about Phillip so the many wives or sons he had isnt relevant.

yerssot
her having any role is already stupid

Kes
Why's that?

yerssot
cause the only thing I see is that they screw up the historical story even more by including a girl they only wrote in to show off her body

Kes
roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
you could have at least included some random letters instead of a smiley only

Kes
Sometimes I hate it when they change stuff, other times I dont care. I do not go see a movie to learn history you know?!

yerssot
yeah, what was I thinking... learning history through a movie roll eyes (sarcastic)

did you hate Ben-Hur? Gladiator perhaps? The Ten Commandments? I, Claudius? Titanic? (oh...wait... nevermind that last one)

Corlindel
Silly casting. And whats the importance of Alexander's mother in History? O.Stone could save some millions in Jolie cast to spend it in elephants to the battle of Hidaspes. I want to see how many battles will happen...And how many battles will be forgotten no expression

Kes
Why are you asking if I hate those movies or not?!What does that have to do with this?

What makes you think she is important? Just because Jolie is doing it doesnt make her the focus of the movie! We'll just have to wait and see. Plus we do see Alexander from an early age and he did **** her.
Didnt she pushed her son to succeed?

yerssot
you apperently dislike "learning" when seeing a movie, I just gave a quick rundown of movies you should hate than too, since you "learn" in those two roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kes
I dont like dislearning, I just dont take them to seriously.
This conversation is pointless.

yerssot
pointless cause you dislike being questioned about which movies you like or dislike
or is this cause I said Jolie doesn't have to be in the movie?

Kes
Pointless because you picked bad examples, because it has nothing to do with this movie and because we really do not know how big her part is!
Plus your sarcasm is starting to annoy me and I dont want to take this to far!

yerssot
my apolegies your high exaltedness, I do hope her role is so great that she will earn worldwide positive critic blink

Corlindel
It will focus more than necessary for sure.
And Alex did **** everyone he wants in Macedonia. stick out tongue It was common in helenic societies. It was not necessary to cast Jolie as Alex mother. But we all know that she will call a lot of people - Jolie fans - to see it whistle

@F1
I was really looking forward to this movie, until i heard Colin Farrell is playing alex. He looks so out of place, and another bad hair day by the looks of those pics on here.

Kes
I dont understand why you guys are keep getting back to this. You make it sound like this is the 1st movie with a star cast.

forumcrew
people talking about her and showing pictures makes her too important.. a short cameo could have been enough.. and you said its about him not philip.. the synopsis i read said it talks about his child hood some.. what philp did with the army and greece made alexanders conquest possible.. his father made him the leader of the calvary at age 18.. philip plays into his child hood.. his mom was pretty much another ho philip banged along the way.. im not saying philip should be important.. but hes more important then the mother

yerssot
well, it would be nice if they showed how Phillip "united" greece

forumcrew
haha yea united.. thats the one.. even alexander spent 2 years really pulling greece together before his persian conquest

Kes
This thread started because in the 2004 movies we were discussion how Angie could be old enough to play Colins mother. Thats why there are pics of her posted here. And I guess having promotional pics with Angie helps a lot.

Myth
The trailers out now. Doesn't show much so I really haven't decided if its worth getting excited over. Colin looks funny with long hair. :/

Kes
Can you post a link to the teaser?

Myth
It was on apple trailers but here you go:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/alexander/

Kes
Thanks mate.

BOPRecruit 16
just like what i've been saying about troy and i'll say it for this movie too, i'm waiting to be impressed.

nach01
i think the movie looks good big grin

nach01
i found some pics from the set... sorry if they've already been posted anywhere

nach01
another

nach01
and another

nach01
wink

nach01
last one

BOPRecruit 16
jolie looks very pretty in the movie, but not the right age to be mother of alexander/colin's character. colin's hair looks funny. i'll need to learn more of the plot to be impressed other than the images.

Myth
It looks even more funny when its long in that trailer.

Kes
Yeh, they could have worked on his hair. looks really fake.

silver_tears
I think Colin and Angie look great, so does the trailer big grin

vaya_the_elf
I dont know how I feel about this movie, but I do know I love the history part of Alexander. If they stay true to that than I will probably like it.

BOPRecruit 16
true that! eek! they could've made it look less like a wig and so big...laughing i mean, when you see pix of colin off set of the movie with his locks bleached, it looks fine and natural. now why couldn't have his hair looked like that?! mad

Stormy Day
Again an actor has ruined a good movie erm

Kes
What do you mean?

nach01
I think he's talking about colin or colin's hair ruining the movie?

Stormy Day
Kes,you would wish that what I was talking about.You know what I mean shifty

Kes
If you mean Angie I'm at a lost cos the story doesnt revolve around her. Plus an actor doesnt ruin the movie, casting directors do. Cos if an actor doesnt fit the part it's not his/her fault. He/she didnt cast them selfs. Only Tom Cruise does that.

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud Nah, only in Mission Impossible no expression what was all that about i dont know.

I cant wait to see this movie, im hoping it will be better than Troy (although very different, bust still an epic)

Kes
I'd say every movie since he started the whole I'm a producer and star thing. It probably started with M:I.

lil bitchiness
blink Hes a producer?? You're joking right? Ugh, i dont like him anyway.

I doubt Colin or Angie would ruin this film...I mean seriously. They are both amazing actors...its gonna be great.thumb up

Stormy Day
Um I hope you guys are dissing MI1 or MI2 they where both good movies and offered something new and entertaining.I think Tom Cruise is good.

I think the actor should be smart enough to turn down the position but for Angie Ill make an exception.

Stormy Day
Tom Cruise is one of my favorite actors.His work in The Last Samuri really proved himself to me.How I easily excepted him as a samuri still amazes me.

Kes
Those movies were both a pathetic excuses for movies. And they totally destroy the series.
Tom Cruise is the same in every bloody movie he has made. The man can not change his facial features!
Oh and The last samurai is a copy of Dances with wolfs, Kevin Costner should have sued for plagiarism. (sp)

You obviously dont know what you are talking about so I'll tell you. Oliver Stone and Angie Jolie had been preparing Beyond Borders for like 5 years. then the chance to do Alexander came up and Oliver left the project. Alexander was an old dream. So since they wanted to work together he got her into this one. He wanted her there.

Stormy Day
I would have left Beyond Borders for The Land Before Time 11 if the chance came up.He thought it would give her a chance to improve her career and he wasnt gonna have any part in ruining her career in BB.

Nice Guy smile

Kes
She doesnt need anything to improve her career mate. Her paycheck has been growing with the films. And she is considered an A-list actress.
Beyond Borders has the heart in the right place and maybe with him it would have been better. Dont know, havent seen it. But she did learn a lot from that movie, actually she became a U.N. ambassador because of it. Well not the movie but the impact the whole refuge thing had on her.

Ok back to Alexander. Hey I think its Colins birthday today blink 28 years old.

nach01
reviews said "beyond borders was beyond bad", but they also said it was just the movie that was bad and that angie's acting in it was exceptional... they said it's amazing how she can cry on cue and stuff. anyway, back to alexander.. i KNOW she wont ruin the movie and I dont even think it's possible for her to.

Stormy Day
To be honest I dont think shell ruin it either she just wont make it or improve it.

CONLINS B-DAY!!! Hes alright in my book!

Kes
She probably wont be on screen to long.

lil bitchiness
OMG, Why is Val Kilmer playing Phillip? no expression

Yeah, that will go down well as Collin's father....Angelina Jolie and Val Kilmer....hmmm! no expression

KharmaDog
I think Baz Luhrmann's movie is going to be more historically accurate, better acted, and more visually stunning than oliver stone's effort. But I guess we'll have to waite and see.

Kes
Kilmer is my biggest problem with this movie. I really do not like the man messed

Stormy Day
THANK GOD! Happy Dance

lil bitchiness
Ok, uuum..What the hell??

It says in 2005 Alexander The Great is coming out and Alexander is played by Leonardo DiCaprio (ok, he'll do marvelous job, hes a great actor) and Olympias is played by Nichole Kidman...What the f**k?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327405/

What the...?

Stormy Day
THERE IS A GOD!

KharmaDog

Kes
Yes, there are 2 Alexander movies coming out.
Think Leo had to workout for the role? Cos he was a bit on the chubby side last time I "saw" him messed

Stormy Day
Why two?

commercial prediction:
NO SHOWING AT A THEATER NEAR YOU!

ALEXANDER & ALEXANDER
messed

Kes
Well 2 studios had the same idea LOL
Its kinda like Armageddon and Deep impact. Both disaster movies about asteroids that came out pretty much at the same time.

Stormy Day
yeah but they didnt have the same name and the same characters and almost not the same plot.

Kes
They werent historical.

lil bitchiness
Yeah, I see what you mean, however the other is called Alexander The Great stick out tongue

I dont think they will be at the same time, but there will be a lot of comparison going on.

Im actually quite looking foward to the Leo DiCaprio and Nichole Kidman one now.

Stormy Day
Oh my apologies,

correction:

NOW SHOWING

ALEXANDER& ALEXANDER THE GREAT
messed

Stormy Day
smile

Stormy Day
sick

Stormy Day
herez another

Stormy Day
heres another

Stormy Day
smile

Stormy Day
last one

BOPRecruit 16
funny...i like to see legs on a guy. at times shaved, but i don't find it attractive on colin. he needs pants in that one pic! lol

Stormy Day
yeah smile

forumcrew
the leo one is going to come out much much later.. and from the plot synopsis of both the leo one sounds far more historicaly correct

Kes
Shaved???

Stormy Day
are you a guy recruit?

BOPRecruit 16
troy. brad pitt and orlando bloom...you know. big grin laughing

there is...still? blink i thought it was stated that there was never going to be a version featuring leo. once the colin one was decided to be made, i thought the other verison got eliminated. interesting....

BOPRecruit 16
if i mentioned drooling over guys and their legs, than obviously i'm a girl. laughing

Stormy Day
oh i didnt know confused

BOPRecruit 16
don't worry. it's a common misconception. big grin laughing did i sound like a gay guy earlier or something? stick out tongue laughing lmao j/k

Stormy Day
yes

BOPRecruit 16
HEY! that's so mean! laughing

Stormy Day
yes

Kes
They're shaved?! How do you know?

lil bitchiness
Let me demonstrate Kes

lil bitchiness
Oh, but i do agree, Colling looks wrong with shaved legs and all the rest blink

Kes
blink They are mostly covered and he's blond. Its harder to see the hair on blonds.

lil bitchiness
blink You're right. Eric Bana was shaved...he had to be confused

Anyway, Colin Farell is hairy as it is...so....confused i guess they had to shave him.

Im really interested in what DiCaprio is gonna look. I think you're right Kes, I think he would have had to train for Alexnander, i'veseen some piccys at imdb and he did look chubby.

blink Are they gonna release both movies i wonder...

Kes
His chest hair probably but legs?! Doubt it, I mean what for?blink

Of course, this movies are way to expensive not too.

lil bitchiness
I think....this is gonna cause too much comparing when it comes out, and rankly its kinda risky blink

Angelina will be compared to Nicole and Colin to Leonardo.

Actually, im just browising imdb and its still an untitled project for the Nicole and Leonardo one...well they cant call it Alexander thats for sure...

Kes
Well the DiCaprio one was suppose to be Alexander The Great and this one was untitled until it was decided to just stay Alexander.
Yes, there will be comparing but they arent coming out at the same time.Plus comparing really doesnt effect the box office.

lil bitchiness
No, not the box office, that has nothing to do with it, but the actors will be affected, and so will producers/directors...whatever.

They may not come out at the same time, but 2 films about the same exact topic will come out in space of 2 years....i dont recall that happening before.

Kes
*shrugs*
Technically Armageddon and Deep Impact were the same topic. Just not the same characters.
Ppl are always being compared so I dont think it will be a problem.

lil bitchiness
Maybe...erm

But as much as I dont like Nicole Kidman (and i really dont), Angelina Jolie will have a hard time being compared to her acting wise, from critics to general public, and especially critics, i think they are all going to be in favour of Nicole.

Kes
Its a lobby thing. And Nic is the girl next door.

Stormy Day
Deep Impact and Armeggedon are not the same.Quit saying that.There both about meteors hitting earth but there completly different storylines.And Alexanders storylines are probaly more the same that those movies.

Anybody who thinks that people are gonna choose Colin Farrel over DiCaprio and Angelina over Kidman is nuts.

lil bitchiness
People are gonna be more for Kidman, that is true. Hollywood is bowing to Kidman at the moment, but you got to hand it to her, last 2 years were her years.

There is going to be a performance comparison between the Kidman and Joile like never before....similar texts, same story line, same characters...
You can just see it ''Who is better Olympia'' all over magazines.

And me personaly, i love DiCaprio, so i am gonna perfer him over Farrell...

Stormy Day
Thats exactly what everybody else is gonna think.Thats not Colins part h doesnt even look real.

lil bitchiness
I dont know how its gonna turn out, DiCaprio may suck , although i can't really see that happening messed

Stormy Day
Yeah his movies are always popular

TITANIC
Gangs of New York
the Aviator looks like a Hit.

Kes
That is what I mean about being the same. The story (meteors) is the same. Different characters of course, different approach but both are meteor disaster movies that came out at the same time. Now of course Alexander is more the same because it is the same freaking character and a person that really existed.

You picked the worst, I'm surprised you didnt say The beach. DiCaprio is a very good actor thou. To bad he's turning into to much of a star messed

BOPRecruit 16
allow me to say this, i believe that leonardo dicaprio is a better actor that acceeds compared to colin farrell. i'm imagined him in the role before colin, so leo seems to fit in better. look and talent wise.

Kes
I'm not sure. I think Leo is good but lately. Its like he doesnt care you know?! Well regardless, if Leo doesnt get some muscles I wont being him has a great warrior/leader/conquer.

lil bitchiness
I think he took a break, as far as i remember reading. And good for him, if that is what he wants to do.

I agree, BOPRecruit, Leo is talented and i think he will pull this off very well. He pulled off a retarded person which is pretty hard to do and be so convincing, im sure he can pull off Alexander The Great.

We'll see how Nicole Kidman does. If that movie turns out to be better than Oliver Stone one, then Leo and Nicole might be up for an oscar.

Stormy Day
I picked the worst?!? Titanic and GONY where both good movie im suprised you say that Kes.

I forgot the boxoffice of the beach so I didnt post it as a hit
smile

Like lil bitchness said they may be up for an oscar if they pull this off.

Kes
Titanic was a box office hit but that doesnt change how crappy and lame that movie is.
Has for GONY I havent seen it, it was so inaccurate (from what my cousin told me) that I couldnt bare to watch it. Plus I really do not like Cameron Diaz nor Martin Scorsese.

lil bitchiness
Yeah, its exactly the same deal with Troy about the innacuracy..and most other movies for that matter.

I doubt Alexander is gonna be much accurate either, as wont the King Arthur...ive given up dweling on accuracy now...unless its really rediculous, then i'll still complain. stick out tongue

Kes
Well in Troy they have the excuse tha nobody really knows what happen if it happen. In GONY its "recent" history and making a ppl seem all Innocent and victims when they werent is kinda offensive. But in my case it was mostly because I dont like Scorsese and the movie just seemed why to long and I never really felt like seeing it. i might one day.

Drifter101
god why is there gonna be 2 alexander movies just have the one w/ colin ferrell, the one w/ leonardo will suck.

Stormy Day
Because when one studio found out colin/angie where playing the parts they snickered and said it would BOMB so they decided to make one people will like so the Alexander story could be told the right way.

Titanic was cheesy but still visually stunning and accurate(except for the love story)but think about it do you really think TITANIC could have been better another way?

Kes
Yes, without the lame ass teen love story.

Stormy Day
I dont think it would have had the same inpact on people tho.I mean really really think about it.Alot of people went to see it for the love story and the drama.Thats one of the things that made the movie so popular.

BOPRecruit 16
whose the director of alexander, what other movies has he made in the past, and is his work any good and worth seeing?

lil bitchiness
I think both Alexander's will be good...as films, but one will deffinitivly be bether than the other.

The Jolie and Farrel one is directed by Oliver Stone

And the DiCaprio and Kidman is directed by Baz Luhrmann

I guess Baz Luhrmann's big success if you want was Mulin Rouge( although i loved Strictly Balroom also embarrasment)...but Oliver Stone has more films...

I think I will be seeing both of the films....to be honest, Kidman hasnt had a bad script in the past 2 years...i dont think she would agree to do a movie if the script sucks. blink Especially now at the hight of her career.....but you never know.

BOPRecruit 16
ack! eek! moulin rouge! run! laughing

lil bitchiness
Ive never seen it embarrasment I think im the only person on this planet that hasnt embarrasment

BOPRecruit 16
don't worry. spare yourself the torture! eek! laughing lmao

lil bitchiness
cry Poor Leo, he picked the script by a director...that made a sucky movie in the past blink

BOPRecruit 16
hopefully there'll be people to make sure that doesn't happen! big grin or we the fans could go and beat the crap out of him! laughing j/k

lil bitchiness
hah!! laughing out loud

Im all for that....well Nicole Kidman is in Leo one...but theres Angie and Farrell in the other one!! *droolio*

Plot Summary for
Untitled Alexander the Great Project (2005)

This biographical epic follows the life of Alexander the Great who conquered the whole then known world and spread Greek civilization to the most far off places. Alexander became king of Macedonia (and Greece at general) at a very young age, after the assassination of his father Philip who had previously united for the first time all of Greece under his belt. Alexander was educated by the great philosopher Aristotle who was brought from Athens for this particular reason. The new king was also very ambitious; he couldn't stop thinking about the Persian invasion on Greece almost 150 years before and his desire to get revenge was constantly growing. To that end, he started gathering an army to invade Asia; his first goal was to liberate the greek cities of Minor Asia's coast and his second to bring down the vast Persian Empire, against all odds.

Plot Summary for
Alexander (2004)

Conquering 90% of the known world by the age of 25, Alexander the Great (Farrell) led his armies through 22,000 miles of sieges and conquests in just eight years. Coming out of tiny Macedonia, Alexander led his armies against the mighty Persian Empire, drove west to Egypt, and finally made his way east to India. This film will concentrate on those eight years of battles, as well as his relationship with his boyhood friend and battle mate, Hephaestion. Alexander's conquests paved the way for the spread of Greek culture (facilitating the spread of Christianity centuries later), and removed many of the obstacles that might have prevented the expansion of the Roman Empire. In other words, the world we know today might never have been if not for Alexander's bloody, yet unifying, conquest.

BOPRecruit 16
i like the summary for the one with leo in it better, well said and sounds better with details and all.

who plays alex's friend in the one with farrell and jolie?

lil bitchiness
Jared Leto plays Hephaestion, Alexander's friend.

Val Kilmer is Phillip....ugh, i dont like Val Kilmer blink

The other cast, apart from Leo DiCaprio and Nicole Kidman hasnt been announced yet.

By the way the first summary is Leo and Nicole's move and the second one is Collin and Angelina's.

lil bitchiness
For those of you who havent seen the trailer here it is

Alexander (2004)

I tried going on Killer Movies, but those links dont work for me sad

Personaly, I believe Luhrmann's film is gonna be better, he is better than Stone IMO. I love Angelina Jolie, and i think shes absolutely fantastic and gorgeous, but Nicole is a better acctress with more experience, and DiCaprio is WAY better than Farrell. erm

Then again, Stone's movie may prove way better as could the acting in his film, you never know.

BOPRecruit 16
val is just gettin' too old for action roles in general. sorry val. big grin lol

no trailer or news about the leo one yet?

Stormy Day
I agree Val has lost his touch

BOPRecruit 16
i find prefer seeing him in roles with meaning. like movies with drama in it. not action. does not suit him.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>