Edgar Allan Poe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
I love Poe! Hes one of my favourite writers and poets, I love his style and the darkness of his shotr stories and poems. Berence is such a great short story, one of my fave.

I also read that his works were inspiration to Alferd Hitchock.
Anyone else likes?

§pearhead
I've only read the tell-tale heart, and then the one about the house that deteriorated as its owners died (forgot the name of it) but from what I remember, they were both kick-ass

dragonpisces272
loved tell tale heart yes and theres this one about a black cat

kohl
i enjoy his stories/poems. pure genius.

dragonpisces272
yes and dark

Furious Angel
Edgar Allan Poe is really amazing. I love his stories and poems, really dark, really brilliant! yes

badkittykitty
yes completely,he is truly great!

slashwristbarbi
I think that ones called 'The Fall of the House of Usher'?

I love Poe, he's one of my favourite writers. I love his poems, like 'The Raven' and 'Lenore'

PeRfEcTlY~*~NoT
i absoluetly love him, i read a book w/ all of his works ever in it, it was so great, and i love to read what he writes, he's a pure genius, and a great writer!

Lord Soth
Edgar Allen Poe is my favorite poet. The Raven in my all-time favorite poem, and I also like 'To One in Paradise.'

Of his short stories, I've read The Pit and the Pendulum, The Tell-Tale Heart, and The Cask of amontillado. Brilliant. He is a bloody genius

Elektra_lover
I Figured out what The Raven was all about. The guy took 1 too many hits from the bong

Vampiree
That bastard ROCKS. I loved the tell tale heart, the cask of amontillado, william wilson, the oval portrait, the black cat.. uhm LOADS OF THEM.. luv them all.. Pity he's, like, dead sad

Freddy_vs_Jason
"Sleep, those little slices of death, how I loath them." thats what Edgar Allan Poe said big grin
How do I know that? because it was at the start of "A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors". big grin

Dario Argento
He is my favorite writer.

LimeLight
Yea, I like his stories also. Im doing a report on him and Stephen King right now actually. I'd have to say my 2 favorite stories from him are The Masque of the Red Death and The Cask of Amontillado.

ladygrim
i think POE is really cool..... mAKES BETA READING THAN soppy crap

big gay kirk
The Narrative of A Gordon Pym... excellent... he inspired HP Lovecraft as well...

Edgar Allen Po... half man, half toilet...

Freddy_vs_Jason
I tried seaching up some books written by him at my school libary but didn't find any no

Reborn Again
The guy is creepy! I have to say this before I say anything else. Some of his stories are nightmarish, even sadistic. But he does have a pretty interesting way with imaginary. I've read a few of his novels and novelettes, and they freaked me out! I don't read him very often.

Elanor
i love him very much.

i think his poems are the best but his stories are awesome too.

yerssot
unfortunatly we never "studied" him in highschool here...barely did anything about writers... much

no surprise the only thing I truely know of him is the raven... and actually know the start a bit by heart

Line
Nice seeing you here, Yerss big grin
Same here. Never really got to read that much by him. Got his collected works somewhere in my bookshelf, though, maybe it'd be time to start on that ...

yerssot
I already did my part wink

Line
Does that mean that I'll have to...

JB? messed

yerssot
erm... nevermore? big grin

Line
Nevermore JB!!! big grin

Oh well - guess I promised messed I'll risk my life and dive into your sig ...

yerssot
Nevermore as in quote the raven wink

Line
I know what to think when the raven says that .. but you? blink

yerssot
I have read it, so I should be able to know what to think messed

Line
you usually am, I was refering to myself wink
*yawns* haven't been online for this long for quite a long time ...

yerssot
read The Raven, you won't fall asleep soon than wink

Line
Actually, I should get some sleep. That non-excisting study plan of mine is haunting me pretty badly ...

yerssot
of course, the topic won't run away wink

Line
Topic-guard, you stick out tongue True. I'll be back when I've reread the Raven.

yerssot
that's hopefully soon

Line
a couple of weeks wink

yerssot
it's not that long... still have it somewhere here, can post it if ya want big grin

Line
you're such a nice guy today happy already got it though, but thanks!

yerssot
oh well, the offer still stands later on... and to others of course

Kaleanae
I have read some works by Edgar Allan Poe :
Berenice
The Cask of Amontillado
The City In the Sea
The Tell-Tale Heart
The Raven

yerssot
busy girl wink

Kaleanae
I like Nathaniel hawthorn's stories as well eek!

silver_tears
I love Poe, I was gonna start a thread about him but found this one happy
I have to say I like The Raven alot yes
I think I need to re-exmine his work again big grin

Superfly4000
THe BElls Bells Bells Bells Bells BElls Bells BElls!!!

lucija

Animagus
I always liked him a bit. Tell Tale Heart and Black Cat were just WAYYYYY to similiar. Loved the raven. Even though at parts it would get repetative and boring, still some of the best poety around. Anything written now adays is all sappy crap. Better off listening to Country music lol

themightythor
Poe's awsome! The Raven is his best poem.

Jackie Malfoy
The Raven is the best I never heard of him.He is such a great writter.My twin sister likes him alot more then I do however.JM

s|m
Poe is awesome. His stories are quite creepy, which makes them so unique smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.