Deftones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Diablitio442
mad hey if you like deftones say something dont care what but anything.

total metalhead
How about...they're easily one of the best bands around today, they've never made a bad album and Chino has the best voice in nu metal bar none. Is that ok?

Df02
most consistent and easily one of the best bands around, i cant name a single song by then that i dont love.

Chino has a quality voice which sounds almost CD-perfect even when live and jumping around. and also they provide a great atmosphere live.

not much i can say more other than - *droolz*

steely balls
oh they rock...better band

Polly
love em

§pearhead
I like them, but uh, pretend I was neutral about them. What option am I gonna pick, eh?

Df02
u dont, simple eh?

StinkFist462
luv em

trixygurl
yeah, I luv them too. My roomate absolutely hates them so I always krank it up to piss her off devil

total metalhead
Anyone who doesn't own Around The Fur should be shot yes

§pearhead
sad damn

total metalhead
no then as much as it pains me, I now have to destroy you

ElectricBugaloo
mediocre

total metalhead
how bout no

ElectricBugaloo
they're not bad.

kinda boring

total metalhead
I couldn't disagree more. They're first two albums were heavy and wild as hell, they're third one was weird and trippy, and they're latest one is totally epic, romantic and exhilirating.

They are frickin awesome.

ElectricBugaloo
to some.

but to me, they are boring

especially when they opened for Godsmack.

§pearhead
laughing out loud

Deftones boring, huh? They've just got a different style than most bands (a better one, might I add)

Darth Revan
I haven't heard as much of them as I probably should have... But they rock from what I've heard.

total metalhead
It was probably Godsmack's influence. They are boring.

I've seen Deftones a couple of times, and they totally blew me away. They have a colossal stage presence and Chino sounds almost CD perfect. Ask anyone who's seen a (proper) Deftones show, and they'll agree.

VENOMfanFAN
Adreniline -> Loved it
Around the Fur -> Loved it
White Pony -> My favourite (Passenger!!! BEST TRACK!)
White Pony with Back to School -> Still my favourite
Self Titled -> DIS-A-POINTING!!!

Trinity_Matrix
I love the Deftones. They definitely are awesome. And I love to see them in concert...

VENOMfanFAN
I saw them just after White Pony came out. Right around the time Chino got fat.

Deathblow
Yeah all that beer sucking really took its toll on the guy, not that I care. If he was a 600 pound Afghan terrorist who eats new-born babies I'd still worship him.

In my view...

Adrenaline = Amazing 9/10
Around The Fur = Even better 10/10
White Pony = An evolution 9/10
Self-titled = Epic 9/10

tabby999
i think their annoying and repetative. i've seen them live and would rather chew my own leg off than see them play again. if you've ever seen me and totalmetalhead argue about this you'll know my points to why i think they're shite

Deathblow
I am total metalhead stick out tongue

Yeah I remeber what you said, and I completely disagree with it, but its really pointless starting another argument.

VENOMfanFAN
What the f**k?

You liked their last CD, Deathblow?

Deathblow
Yeah. Why shouldn't I?

VENOMfanFAN
Feel free to listen to whatever you wanted. I have just never met another Deftones fan that liked their self-titled album.

tabby999
hey total metalhead, why change your name....i thought the arguments that came out of deathblow seemed a bit of your calliber

Deathblow
I changed it cos I thought total metalhead sounded a bit pretentious, seeing as I've spent the last few weeks listening to emo and hip-hop erm

You can't have met many proper fans then. 80% of my friends are into Deftones, and pretty much all of them like s/t. Whats not to like about it? Granted its not exactly a huge step forward from what they've done in the past, but neither was Around The Fur, and that was their best album.

Df02
i like s/t
not their best, infact could be their worst...but its still a damn good album.

Deathblow
Its definitely their worst, but like you said, a damn good album all the same.

Df02
lol, its great how deftones "worst" album, is better than every other nu metal bands best albums...imo neway wink

VENOMfanFAN
I would much rather listen to the deftones self-titled album then "St. Anger," but that still doesnt say much.

Perhaps saying it is bad is a not giving it enough credit, but it was a huge letdown.

Deathblow
no2 no way.
Theres tons of better nu metal albums than s/t. Prophecy, Wisconsin Death Trip, Toxicity, War Of Art and L.D 50 to name but a few.

VENOMfanFAN
Toxicity was terrible! S.O.A.D.'s self-titled was better, and so was 'Steal this Album.'

But, that is for the S.O.A.D. thread.

Deathblow
jawdrop

I cant believe you just said that...I'm bumping the SOAD thread now stick out tongue

Df02
i wouldnt exactly call Soulfly nu-metal, not heard wisconsin death trip so cant comment, i HATE SOAD with a passion, dont agree with you on War of Art its good but not as good as s/t imo, and yea ok i agree with you on LD 50....

VENOMfanFAN
You want good "Nu Metal," find some 'From Autumn to Ashes." They are good

Deathblow
I'm pretty sure Soulfly are nu metal, but I could be wrong. Its a confusing genre. Whats wrong with SOAD? blink

Deathblow
Best nu metal bands IMO are

Deftones
American Head Charge
SOAD
Mudvayne
(old) Korn
Static X
Mushroomhead
Soulfly
Sevendust

VENOMfanFAN
Sevendust are fantastic! yes rock

Can we stay on-topic here please?

Deathblow
Yeah my bad.

Back to the old argument: s/t may not be as consistently good as previous work, it does however have three tracks on it that I would definitely include in a top 10 Deftones tracklist

-Hexagram
-When Girls Telephone Boys
-Bloody Cape

Df02
i just really despise SOAD, im not too keen on the whole political-metal thing neway, but i dont particularly like their music either.
I think Soulfly are too heavy and tribally influenced to be considered nu-metal, they definately arent that "nu" anyway, since Max came from Sepultura and that heavily influenced the music, imo nu-metal is quite a generic genre, and soulfly are nething but generic...they certainly dont borrow from the same influences as most other nu-metal bands...id just stick soulfly under metal tbh

VENOMfanFAN
So you dont like RATM (Rage Against the Machine) I suppose.

Df02
not my favourite band, no
i sense an underlying dig at me there, as if every1 is sposed to love RATM, i appreciate how great they are, but im not a particularly big fan

VENOMfanFAN
I never was huge fan. Never owned one of their albums. I put a couple of their songs on burnt CD's, but that is the extent of it. I, much like yourself, was never 'keen' on the whole "Political Rock" thing.

Df02
well i read ur post wrong then, just sounded to me like u thought every1 should love RATM....
im all for having messages in ur music, but the political rock scene is completely saturated now, time to move on and sing about other things....seems like nowadays Political extremism has to tie in hand in hand with the rock scene, and it shouldnt.... thats punks territory, and plz plz plz leave it to them

Deathblow
Yeah, and thats why its good RATM split when they did.

---Hip-hop as well as punk.

loserib
totally agree with you there man

tabby999
i think punk puts the political message out better than hip hop, from what i've heard. dunno, its probably because i like punk more

Morgoths_Wrath
I think it'd be awesome if Radiohead covered Change (In The House of Flies).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.