What are the greatest trillogies ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drifter101
now a days there are tons of trillogies going around new ones and there still are the those classic trillogies.

choose the one in the poll and say what trillogy u think was best ever, but trillogies have to be like just 3 movies unlike batman and superman movies where 4 where done, not really trillogy, but ill count alien

Cinemaddiction
Whhhat? There are 4 "Alien" movies, why wouldn't you count one? There's also a 4th Die Hard on it's way, and you forgot the "Evil Dead" trilogy, "Godfather" trilogy, "El Mariachi" trilogy, as well as Romero's "Dead" trilogy.

Chosing from the ones listed, the original Star Wars Trilogy.

Drifter101
dont matter if a 4th die hard is on its way long as right now theres 3 kinda do regret putting alien

Punker69
we need more trilogies like ST ,LOTR and Matrix.I count The die hard series as just sequels I also count the JP and Indiana Jones series as just sequels.

Drifter101
i know what u mean by that, but there were 3 made of the whole series so i had to put it in there cause it was technically a trillogy

boxofdeath2.0
hellooooo? mcfly? back to the future is the end all be all of trilogy greatness!

alic88
id say the terminator. terminator3 was a let down, but t2 is just bout the best sequel ever

Drifter101
yea t-3 was a let down in many ways i was expecting what i got but still disappointed

Drifter101
+it was a 12 year wait 4 it, probably not worth the wait

ilvorlandobloom
yay, Lord of the Rings is winning! big grin

<<Solo>>
Yeah, I sure do love that El Mariachi Trilogy. I knew something on the poll was missing.

cgtuna21
Lord of the Rings is the greatest of all!!!!!! Then next would be Star Wars I loved the first Matrix but the other 2 were very dissapointing, should of just kept it 2 one

JKozzy
The Star Wars trilogy. The most acclaimed trilogy, most publicized, most wide-spread, most known. Sure it may be old, but it's top on my list. You've gotta hand it to the originals for making movies what they are today yes

Drifter101
starwars was a great trillogy

Mr Parker
I was about to vote star wars since A NEW HOPE AND EMPIRE STRIKES BACK are my two favorite movies of all time.But since I hate Return of the jedi so much- even worse then the newer films,I had to vote Lord Of the rings.

Drifter101
yea return of the jedi was pretty bad due to the ewalks, but episode I's Jar Jar Binks was the biggest sin in starwars history

silver_tears
Matrix, and Lotr big grin
Back to the Future yes
and Indy cool

Darth Revan
SW, LOTR, and... The first Matrix. I didn't enjoy the trilogy so much as a whole, so... I vote for SW. Like Kozzy said, it was just generally more remarkable than LOTR. LOTR is great, but I think overall, in terms of everything non-cinematic that came from SW, it scores higher.

Drifter101
i agree w/ the star wars thing but really the last one episode VI was not what i expected it was somewhat disapointing. thats why i put LOTR cause i was never disapointed

kiwibloom
what about the SCREAM trilogy? the scream movies rock!!!!!! it's like the best trilogy eva~!luv scream luv it!!!!

SCREAM QUOTES

one more SCREAM quote cuz i'm bord!!!!!!!!!

Happy Dance smokin' evil face

kiwibloom
SORRY BOUT THAT QUOTE UP THERE SPELLED LOTS WRONG!! SUPPOST TO BE THIS.......

K, SOORRRYYYY sad rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

Ben'sAngel
Technically, Star wars really isn't a Trilogy anymore, right? Unless you want to seperate them into the "new" and "old" star wars trilogies.

Cinemaddiction
Us SW nerds have been, since 1999. PT and OT.

ragesRemorse
for trilogies you can't get better than Star wars. each film creates atmosphere and emotion of it's own, which revolves around the main story. Conistancy, writing and vision is what made star wars so great. Most trilogies or sequals just feed off of the original and try and create it's own style from that. As pointed out above, those movies arent trilogies, there just sequals.

Most trilogies have a movie that drags the series down, or just makes you ask " why was that even made?" Let's face it 90% of all trilogies should not or don't need to be trilogies.

Korri
I still say the matrix

Drifter101
the first matrix was the only totally great one the second was okay in a few parts the third was just disapointing.

xeous
All three Matrix movies served a completly different purpose. You can't rate them against each other.

With that said, Star Wars is the best trilogy of all time...And yes, it shoud and will be seperated into the OT and the NT for all time...

Drifter101
star wars is my second choice it was barley beaten by LOTR the last film really put LOTR over Star Wars 4 me if ROTK was even a fraction less of how good it was my vote would have been 4 the Star Wars trillogy

Drifter101
+ i kinda feel sorry 4 the other great trillogies but they werent close to those 2 like back to the future and die hard and indiana jones

Mr Parker
its funny how most Star Wars fans seem to hate Jedi mainly because of the ewoks,for me the ewoks was never an issue,what ruined it most for me was coming up with this crazy idea that Leia was Lukes sister. WTF? did Lucas not remember that Leia Kissed Luke on the mouth with passion in Empire Strikes Back? roll eyes (sarcastic) eewwww incense. For Me,I was also just as much bothered by Darth Maul as I was Jar jar Binks.I could not take Darth Maul serious as a villian unlike Darth Vader because Maul looks like something out of WWF or one of those singers for the rock group Kiss.I would think he would have been able to come up with some kind of villian better looking than that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Yeah I wasnt dissapointed either with The Lord Of The Rings movies so that was another factor why I voted for it.

Drifter101
yea thats y i voted 4 them 2

Drifter101
thats y i believe LOTR is the best closely followed by Star Wars

Drifter101
matrix movies the last 2 especially the last one killed it 4 me

amity75
Not a huge fan but the Evil Dead trilogy must be a favourite of many.

eleveninches
In Order:

1.Star Wars 4-6
2.Lord of the Rings
3.Alien trillogy
4.Back to the future
5.Indiana Jones
6.Matrix
7.Lethal Weapon 1-3
8.Hannibal Lector Trilogy (silence of the lambs/hannabal/red dragon)
9.X-men (to be completed)
10.Spiderman (to be completed)
11.Die Hard Trilogy
14.Godfather Trilogy
13. Highlander Trilogy (first one was good. The rest sucked, but never mind)
14.Terminator Trilogy.

Hypernova
LOTRSWMatrix smokin'

Drifter101
matrix just isnt a good trillogy the 1st movie was great but the last two eh soso,

Drifter101
o crap how could i have forgotten, damn i cant believe i forgot the Godfather trillogy!

eleveninches
lol.

I think the godfather trillogy was a god series of movies, but I still think that they are still overrated.

Drifter101
Part III was kind of a real let down

Drifter101
but in many cases ends of trillogies are let downs w/ exceptions of LOTR Die Hard Indiana Jones, and im gonna say star wars for now,

Drifter101
i doubt the new SW trillogy will come near these trillogies

Drifter101
o yea and the scream trillogy was kinda, not a good trillogy the 1st one was good, second okay, third eh...... to be the best its gotta be 100% great funny how ends of trillogies are ofter disapointments

VenomVA
MATRIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drifter101
nope sorry last two sucked

eleveninches
scream and scary movie trilogies were okay, but not really in the same league as the other trilogies in the poll

lil bitchiness
Where the hell is 'Godfather triology' on that list?!?!!?

Drifter101
i know i totally forgot it i said it in a early reply
but for some reason part III also was somewhat not to what many expected, as i have said ends of trillogies just tend to disappoint, i dont know y that is

lil bitchiness
Ok, I also thought Jurassic part sucked...well the other two did erm

Drifter101
yea only the 1st was a good one last two just wanted to suck more $$$ from our pockets

Drifter101
thats wha happens to many sequels good trillogies are really hard to do now a days

Drifter101
and thats how the films industry is they get a good movie and suck out what ever greatness there is left in sequels

Drifter101
so yea

Drifter101
the last good trillogy that has come is LOTR and i think it will be the last good trillogy that we will see in a while, next good one might come in within 10 years

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.