Bruce Lee or Bruce Wayne - Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jamaican
We all know that Bruce Lee is probably the ultimate Asian Bad-ass, but how do you think he'd do agains't The Dark Knight?

Viper
Batman is physically just as powerful, perhaps a little less. But he has his intelligence and gadgets to help him win.

No match really, Bats win it

Rasta
Even then, hasn't Batman mastered every form of Martial arts, while Bruce Lee has focused on particular forms. Not to take anything away from him though, he was unbelieveably talented.

JuggernautFan
if you locked them in an octagon,i'd have to go with ol bruce. his fighting abilities are matched by none. but if you gave batman prep time, and his gadgets he'd win. did you people know that jackie chan trained with bruce lee?

JuggernautFan
ol bruce = bruce lee.................. what an idiot i am at times.

LeAtHerRFace
Yes.

Anyway, just like Rasta said Batman has mastered all martial arts. Bruce Lee has not even mastered the martial arts he's tooken. Batman wins hands down.

JuggernautFan
well, i think bruce has gathered several forms and combined them into one. his own form. he created it. i dunno, he is hella fast, i think without gadgets batman goes down. but to each his own.

Gregory
Batman has mastered quite a number of schools, and he has far more practicle experience than Lee. I say Lee goes down.

Spawnie
Ok, LeatherFace, Bruce Lee has mastered his art of Jet Kun Do. He was forbidden to open a school, but he did. In his lifetime he was a really wanted man, but noit just for his skillz for movies but for his fighting skillz. He had problems with ppl coming to him and wanting to fight just cuz they wanted to defeat him and prove something. I love Bruce Lee and I know that the guy was beyond any regular human speed. HE was quick and precise in what he did. His response time was really great for that time. In real life I only saw a few ppl that could match that speed in fighting, and those r: Jet Lee, Jackie Chan and that new Thiland guy that has no stuntman and flies arround without ropes.
I'm not saying that Batsie could not do it, but believe me without his gadgets he would have a rough time getting Lee to the ground. Anyway, I don't think we should compare real life with comics.
I know that Lee used to do stunts also, but only to show ppl what a human body can do if trained properly. I don't knopw if this was a legend or just a lie that ppl like to tell, but I read somewhere that B.Lee hit a car 5 times while passing him at 50mph. Jet Lee can brake a pair ofchopsticks by holding them in his hand and performing a great punch.
(u get 2 chopsticks in your hand 50%in 50% out, squeeze hard, and do a ki punch, if the top half brackes u have done it).
B.Lee was a master of hgis martial art and a master of his body, and he always said that u have to be like water, cuz water adapts and evades every surface that it encounter, and thus u have to act like water. It might sound cheesy to u but it worked for him, and at some point it makes sense to me too. I vote for Bruce Lee, cuz he is a true person and a great one for standing up for his beliefs. PPl, if u do a little reserach ki punches and kicks r possible, they just don't manifest as much power as in DBZ lol.

punkyhermy
GO BATSY!
GO BATSY!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing
bats fangirl will be there to cheer him on!!!
anyway bats will win like, DUH!

FrothByte

FrothByte
I remember bruce lee once ki punched a 2 foot block of ice. do you guys know how hard that is? I don't think it is fair to pit a real person with a comic character. but anyways, ever hear of the expression, "jack of all trades master of none?" A single martial art would take at least 40 or so years to master. don't tell me batman was able to master numerous martial arts in his 30 something years (if we apply facts to comic books). bruce lee has spent his entire life concentrating on his own style. if the fight was bruce lee vs. bruce wayne, bruce lee wins hands down. if it was bruce lee vs. batman, what chance does bruce lee have against that arsenal?

Viper
Yea but I've seen world champion Tae Kwon Do competitors lose in seconds to ground wrestlers. Having knowledge and training in several different styles would be more effective than mastering just one.

In fact that was Bruce Lee's philosophy. He hated all forms of "ritual" martial arts, and combined tactics from several to create Jeet Kun Do

FrothByte
well no offense to anyone, but i think taekwondo is one of the most impractical martial arts ever developed.

kal-el
True say dat.True say dat. technique over content/necessity would best descride TKD

eleveninches
well, one of them is dead, and the other one doesn't really exist, so I dont see how any of them would be good in a real fight.

Gregory
Whereas Batman just does wussy, easy things like beat up five armed ninjas with a frying pan and take out a crazed, armored assassin who's armed with a razor gun and a flaming sword. What a sissy roll eyes (sarcastic)

eleveninches
Its not about how much of a sissy they are. Its about how good a fighter they are. Its about who's the best.

Gregory
I know. The point I was trying (apparently unsuccessfully) to make is that if you base this fight on what the two have accomplished, there wouldn't be enough of Bruce Lee to identify his body. And I'm not sure what other basis for judgement you want to use.

Granted, Bruce Lee sort of gets the short end of the stick with that basis, since he never had the chance to accomplish as much as Batman. But Batman recently knocked the greatest martial artist in the DCU on her ass, so I'm not sure that Lee will come off much better if you try to use skill as the exclusive measurement. I'm not even sure how you would go about measuring Batman's skill; it's not like he wears colored belts or participates in tournaments.

BarmyBrummie
Bruces Lees fighting style was about having no form at all as a form. This meant that by having no form, he didn't have to stick to a style and that his way of fighting was varied and so it could adapt and counter every other martial arts form.

Anyway, this is stoopid, Bruce is a legend in his own right and should not be compared to a comic book character no

wuTa
bruce lee said that his only weakness was fighting on the ground... so if batman could get him on the ground he would win....but if is was toe to toe i'd goe with bruce lee

Spawnie
I see that many of u have read something about B.Lee, and I'm really glad that the most of u get the point, and as it is we agree that it was unfair to bring Lee into this thread. U know what, actually u can't make be believe that Lee would lose, I still stand by the fact that he is a legend and that he would kick Batsies arse. Don't mess with the legendary Lee, he is one of the most charismatic types of ppl, and dammit they r not born very frequently. I miss his acting, and I regret that his son is dead also. The only joy that I get is when I play Tekken, and I get to use Law, or StreetFighter Alpha Lee, or any game with Jeet Kun Do characters. So call me dubm but I prefer a legend instead of a comic character. DON'T mess with the DRAGON!

Rasta
Agreed, it's a stupid thread. Comparing real life characters with comic book characters isn't right. However, Batman, with master skills in every form of Martial Arts would put Bruce Lee on his ass. It's not reality, and I doubt anyone could ever master every form, 140 odd of them I believe Batman's learnt. And with his superior intelligence he would be able to tear Lee apart.

This doesn't take anything away from him though, Batmans in this world don't exist, and Bruce Lee was about as close as you get.

BarmyBrummie
clap better than the way i said it big grin

Yeah, Law is so much like B.Lee on the tekken games, he is my favourite character.

LEGENDS ALL THE WAY! clap

kal-el
So ..............Muhammad Ali V Daredevil.No, no , joking!

BarmyBrummie
O.o

Smoke87
Bruce Lee studied the strengths of hundreds of martial arts and techniques, and reached the peak of human physical ability. While Batman may have also STUDIED many martial art styles, there is no way that so mastered any of them. There is no such thing as mastery of a martial art. Basically to sum everything up, if Bruce Wanye was a real man and he and Lee fought in a no holds barred fight, Bruce Lee would win. The greatest fighter to ever live.

Jason Wyngarde
if batman were a real person i would say he would win becuase he is probably faster and hits with more power than lee. if batman could get him on the groung it is over lee did little in terms of ground fighting.if he were real batman would more than likely be 2x as good as any fighter to ever live.

Smoke87
actually bruce lee studied a lot of ground fighting and grappling arts. You just rarly see him do it because it doesn't look good on film. There is no way Wanye is faster than Lee. They actually had to slow down the frame rate when they filmed him so you could see him move. But then again batman is a comic character so...

wuTa
i doubt if batman is faster than bruce lee but i know for sure he isnt quicker...bruce lee could run like 2 miles in 15 minutes or somethin like that i think it was even more impressive than that....i was lookin at his book the other day and it said it but i cant remeber the exact stat...if u think about it bruce lee and bruce wayne are very simialr.....both are named bruce....both are masters of martial arts...both over came back traumas that left them crippled and both peak there physical condition as high as possible.....plus bruce lee put up with alot if shit...he was always challegened to a fight and would never turn one down...and people from japan would send there best martial artists in the world to fight him because they didnt want him teachin americans there fighting techniques...thats one reason why bruce lee made up his own technique...he would aslo pretty much destroy the martial artist they would send over...i'm gonna shutup now coz i could talk all night about these two

ragesRemorse
Bruce Lee would murder batman, no contest. Bruce lee did things with the Martial arts that other martial artists believed were possible and still look up to , to this day.Lee understood the martial arts in a way that batman couldnt begin to fathomm yeah and batman is defaintly not faster than Lee.Bruce lee has infact mastered the martial arts and would spank batman

moshtitan
Lees style was so adaptive, if bats did manage to beat him once(no gadgets obv.) lee would come back and destroy him the sec. time. Bruce Lee was like water.

Arachnoidfreak
I say Bruce Lee takes Batman and tears the little drawing to peices. Wayne doesn't stand a chance. Stupid paper character.

Jason Wyngarde
well how would he do this? he is dead.

Arachnoidfreak
uhhh....uuuhhh....attach strings to his corpse and then use him as a puppet. DUH!

shifty

Adam West
Batman would win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.