What's the movie? A picture quiz....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

da man
I was sent an email by one of my brothers-in-law this last week. The email came with an attachment, which contained an Excel file. In the file were 72 photos, each a scene from a different film, where the faces and hands of the people in the scene had been edited out, leaving only their clothes, any hats, gloves or glasses they may have been wearing, and the background. Has anyone seen anything like this? Under each pic is a space to guess the name of the film; when you press enter, you get either a 'true' or 'false' statement.

I'm interested in posting a copy of the file for others to download if they want to take a stab at it; the file supposedly has been scrupulously scanned for viruses, and found to be virus-free. I've figured out 55, wanna see how well others can do.

I assume a moderator will need to look over the file, first, so I'm putting this message here, to see if I get a response.

Myth
Ummm... Memoirs of the Invisible Man!

forumcrew
ive seen that before, its online somewhere you dont need to download it

da man
It is? Where, where? I haven't been able to find it online.

forumcrew
i honestly have no idea where it is.. just know ive done it before

yerssot
The thought of posting this in ...say... the movie sections were too hard to think of?

M®$ L¿ÑK
Yerssot..........

You just broke your sarcasm vow........ no

yerssot
already from sunday

A.D. Skinner
I have seen this file on a few different occasions...there is also a way to break the code and paste in the answers. laughing out loud

da man
Just to be sure we're talking about the same quiz, this is the one where you have to misspell "Jerry Maguire" as "Jerry Macquire", and where you have to drop the apostrophe from "A Knight's Tale", before you get the 'True' to show up?

A.D. Skinner
Yup, that is the one !!!

nicki8959
I can please have an attachment of the file? eek!

undertablefan
I have it, but it's too big to post, even when it's compressed. If you have an email without send/receive limitations I can send it to you.

nicki8959
My email is:

[email protected]

If you could send it to me than that would be great!

methinkalexahot
ha ha found me yet

trv16
hello

methinkalexahot
ok my turn to find you

scope
found u daniel

methinkalexahot
to late trv found me first

Jakeusmc12
I have that Excel worksheet that you are talking about. I got 47 of them. Not too bad I thought until I saw that you got 55. GEEZ!!!! Anyway I tried to send it but it won't recognize the file type. Is there anyway else I can send it?

hawaii
I also got this quiz via email. Where can you find the answers? The worksheet i got is "read only" so i can't tamper with anything.

buddaman769
Ok, i got (with lots of help from friends at work) 52 of the 72. Is there anyone who knows the "code" to unlock the answers? Does anyone know the answers to all of them? We have been working on this for 3 months and the best we could do is 52. We would like to finish it.

movieanswerman
You want the truth....you can't handle the truth :-)

Here are the answers:

Dead Poets Society
The Unforgiven
Big fat Liar
Almost Famous
My Girl
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Dark City
Sleepless in Seattle
Full Metal Jacket
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Lawrence of Arabia
Gremlins
Waiting for Guffman
Do the right thing
Saturday Night Fever
Field of Dreams
Insomnia
Pulp Fiction
Buffalo '66
I am Sam
Ransom
Bowfinger
Lost in America
The Fugitive
Mr Deeds
Misery
A Knights Tale
The Blair Witch Project
Eyes Wide Shut
Hellraiser
A Christmas Story
Good Will Hunting
Forrest Gump
Office Space
Caddyshack
Crossroads
The Fisher King
Shrek
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Swingers
Broadcast News
The Cable Guy
Porky's
Panic Room
Reservoir Dogs
Trading Places
The Matrix
Innerspace
Scream
"Planes, Trains and Automobiles"
Grease
Top Secret
Naked Gun
Changing Lanes
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Bachelor Party
Boogie Nights
American Beauty
The Fast and Furious
One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
Schindler's List
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Jerry Macquire
Very Bad Things
Deliverance
The Waterboy
The Full Monty
The Breakfast Club
"Wet, Hot American Summer"
White Men Can't Jump
Sleepy Hollow
Godzilla

MildPossession
I got this thing ages ago from one of my relatives work places, I got all of them except three, so thanks for the list there, been annoying me for ages the three I didn't get.

kp944
If anyone is looking for the website for the Invisibles quizzes (yes, there are more than one) go to the world wide web. I am new here so this post won't let me put the exact website so I will try to do it in pieces

filmwise with a dot
com with a /
invisibles with a /
and index with a dot
shtml

Also if anyone needs to break "the code" on the Excel sheet going around, just look at the top of the page. You will notice that some of the alphabetic headings are missing. Unhide those columns first. You still won't be able to read the answers at that point but you can copy the columns and put them on a new spreadsheet (change the background color or font color if needed) and there you have them!

Have fun!

edith
that sounds interesting!!!

KatPat
I got as excited as you can in an office, when I found that list of answers; I was feeling rather smug that I would be the heroine that saved people fronm this eternal misery...

unfortunately we seem to have a different quiz! Its now even more of a torment.

There don't seem to be any coloums missing so that cheat has been fixed - darn; and the quiz we have doesn't appear on the the filmwise website.

The quiz we have has 60 films, it begins 'trading places' 'willy wonka's...' 'Dick Tracey'...

Where can we find the answers? PLEASE anyone with a heart, have mercy and help us so we can get on with some work...

mmmmoley
Originally posted by Syren
Yerssot..........

You just broke your sarcasm vow........ no

That's a well hot pic of Angelina Jolie! Happy Dance

trw1978
What are the answers to the 60 picture quiz? I'm missing a few. Thanks.

Vathu
Originally posted by mmmmoley
That's a well hot pic of Angelina Jolie! Happy Dance
yea i know :d

LESLEEMICHELLE
I HAVE ALL BUT #12 TO THE 60 QUESTION QUIZ...MAN SOME OF THOSE WERE HARD....LOVED THE CHALLENGE, BUT THAT #12 IS DRIVING ME BATTY!!!!

LESLEEMICHELLE
I GOT THE EMAIL THAT HAD THE 60 QUESTIONS! I JUST FINISHED IT 60/60! WOO HOO! I CAN STOP BEATING MY HEAD ON MY DESK NOW!
1 TRADING PLACES 2 WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
3 DICK TRACY 4WAYNE'S WORLD 5 TOP SECRET 6 BATMAN FOREVER
7 GOLDMEMBER 8 OFFICER & A GENTLEMAN 9 FOOTLOOSE 10 STAND BY ME 11 NOTTINGHILL 12 ABOUT A BOY 13 FEAR & LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS 14 STAR WARS II ATTACK OF THE CLONES 15 USUAL SUSPECTS 16 SIGNS 17 X-MEN 18 SIXTH SENSE 19 DIRTY DANCING 20 TITANIC 21 SINGING IN THE RAIN 22 BACK TO THE FUTURE 23 THE BIG LEBOWSKI 24 FIFTH ELEMENT 25 SPEED 26 BIG 27 JUMANJI 28 COLOR OF MONEY 29 PUSHING TIN 30 FLINTSTONES 31 PULP FICTION 32 RANSOM 33 FULL METAL JACKET 34 JAY & SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK 35 HELLRAISER 36 INDEPENDENCE DAY
37E. T. 38 MEN IN BLACK 39 SWINGERS 40 PORKY'S 41 SHREK 42 MATRIX 43 GREASE 44 FIRST BLOOD 45 FAST & THE FURIOUS 46 WEDDING SINGER 47 BLUES BROTHERS 48 PURPLE RAIN 49 WATERBOY 50 WHITE MEN CAN'T JUMP 51 THE FULL MONTY 52 JACKIE BROWN 53 ZOOLANDER 54 FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING 55 SLEEPY HOLLOW 56 GODZILLA 57 BRIDGET JONES DIARY 58 CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON 59 KINGPIN 60 EVOLUTION

WHEW! wink

LESLEEMICHELLE
I WOULD LOVE FOR SOMEONE TO EMAIL ME THE 72 QUIZ!

lala_chic15
can someone pleeeeeeeease send me the excel movie trivia quiz thing to [email protected]!
please i really wanna try it and i can't find it anywhere on the net!
plz everyone just send it to me smile

Soth
I remember this quiz thing from online....I'll try to find it for you all

Found it! It's at filmwise.com/invisibles/index.html

dharma
#12 is about a boy (hugh grant movie)

seatraxlady
Can someone please send me the link for the 72 invisbles quiz..we just mastered the 60 one...
[email protected]

MoviePocha
I appreciate the answers to the 60 picture quiz...can someone send me the 72 picture quiz?....Thanks a lot

AprilWhine
Add me to the "want it" list please? If anyone can send me the 72 question Excel file, send me a PM please?

I found this board via Google while searching for the Excel file. big grin

bigdan_561
Is anyone online today????????????

Cinemaddiction
Same as Guess the Moogle, you guys don't need to use the forum to play this though.

TheFunkyApe
I have made some more of these types of quizzes. If you visit my blog there is a link to download them and try them out. if you do try them please send me some feedback. whether it is good or bad, I appreciate all input I get. thanks in advance.

cheena71
I don't know who old this is but can someone send me the quiz of the excel movie trivia quiz....the one with 60 (?) questions or so.

[email protected]

Thanks!

Impediment
We already have the Guess the Moogle... game. Use that instead.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.