shaun of the dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879
i saw this film the other day and i thought it was great.....i think it is being over hyped and over rated slightly by some people but it doesnt matter too much.
this film gives a great amount of comedy and gore along with some sad and serious moments which make u take the film more serious.
overall a great film and one to watch for everyone.
probably wont be out in the states till october.

anyone else have any comments about this movie

HockeyHorror
haven't seen it. but it sounds familiar. ill check it out.

dean7879
The film is english and obviously has a very british sense of humour but u never know...it could be a hit over is the US.

the trailer - http://www.uip.co.uk/films/shaun_of_the_dead/video/trailer_05.html

samhain
The film is very funny and the zombies are very Romero-like.

HockeyFace
Brit horror rulez!

dean7879
there is going to be a sequel called from dusk till shaun

Darkseed
Is there ? cool smile i loved this one, i`d give it 9/10, it`s funny first time around but it`s when you watch it more than once that you start to notice more of the one liners and little pieces of humour.

When shaun dropped his named plaque in the sink before leaving the house with his pal Ed,

the name on the plaque read FOREE ELECTRONICS, Ken Foree from dawn of the dead i think yes smile.

"We`re coming to get you barbara" shaun`s pal Ed shouts down the phone to shauns mum, (night of the living dead).

Near the end on tv there`s a show called FUN DEAD, well the music in the background on that show is the music from the mall in Dawn Of The Dead (1978), you can only hear it for a few seconds but it is the music from dawn.

Shaun`s flat mate Peter, named after Ken Foree`s characters name in dawn of the dead (1978) ? could be.

"join us" shaun said to his flat mate pete in the bathroom, evil dead tribute there ?.

dean7879
did u notice they take the piss out of 28 days later as well....at the end of shaun of the dead the reporter on tv says:
Reports that the virus was being spread by rage-infected monkeys have been dismissed as a load of boll.......(shaun switches channel over)

Darkseed
Yes i forgot about that one, it was on tv as he walked towards the couch to sit down, yes i forgot about that one sad.

slayer
lol! Sounds like a GREAt spoof!

dean7879
its not really a spoof in my opinion...some scenes may suggest that it it but it isnt....for most parts the film is serious

@F1
I have only seen the clips and it looks really funny, like the part when there throwing the records... This film is serious from the clips i wouldn't of thought so.

slayer
i'm definately gonna see it though.

sauron
it rocks

i was loving the film

but now its up in my all time rocking films because in the winchester what song should come on

but DONT STOP ME NOW by the one and only queen!

dean7879
yeah that was hilarious, shaun of the dead is definetly on my top zombie films list

funniest moment has to be when Ed drives up to the curb just as shaun is comin out of the house with his girlfriend and friends, then Ed gets out the car and says Whats up niggas(in a high pitched voice) LOL
(Ed said it to his WHITE friends, thats why it was so funny)

Zilverz
I just seen this film. It was excellent. Amusing and had scenes of gore. For those of you that have not seen it. The characters are dealing with the seriousness of the situations, but most of them have a laid back nature. It is Great!

dean7879
yeah they are really laid back which makes it more hilarious cos they aint got a clue whats goin on...they would rather just sit and wait in the pub and get lashed untill its all over

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.