Will sony use up spiderman till its dull and dry?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drifter101
in the past great films have been followed by decent sequels but after round the second film the films get repetitive and distastful.

this happening to numerous franchises such as the superman movies batman movies and police academy

the question is will sony do spiderman to death, will the sequels to come be a corny view of the web slinger?

Cinemaddiction
Sequels will only get better, as they stray away from the romance, and delve deeper into the comic book.

Gregory
Like the Batman and Supeman franchises got better?

Cinemaddiction
I didn't like Superman to begin with. Batman fell flat after Tim Burton stopped directing them, and if Sam Raimi stays in the chair, I don't see any problems.

Kes
Moving to Spider-man forum.
Moving--moved

ElectricBugaloo
the first one was dull and dry

Mr Parker
You got that right Electric Bugaloo,so was the first batman movie.

Drifter101
1st batman movie was not flat the last two were the worst comic films ever not Tim Burtons the last two were so bad that i saw the animated film of batman were better than the last two

Gregory
As far as I'm concerned, Mask of the Phantasm (the animated film I assume that you're referring to) was better than all of them. But that's getting off topic.

Drifter101
that it is but there were people refering to batman films so i chose to reply them

Zephonim
The sequals will only get better. Look at how much deeper and into the story the second one is getting. The only problem I see is if Sam left. Loosing the other characters will be necessaryt, Tobey and Kirsten are just gonna get too old to play their characters, but if they keep the same director the movies should at least stay on the same great level. Also, it's not like they could run out of villans.

Drifter101
hopefully ur right and hopefully unlike in the batman films they dont show batman being some public attraction and all are happy joyfull hes here, hope he still has some run ins w/ the law and public that would help. i just hope they dont turn into batman forevers and batman and robins where the super hero is the cornyest thing

Super-Man-Lives
jarassic park( i don't know how to spell, no spell check), matrix, pre-quels for S.W., all have a good story, but after the first one, all seemed to fall in on itself..less box-office $, less movies to see. wish for the best for this next spider-movie. the better the movie, better reviews...green light the next one. one at a time.

Drifter101
thats pretty much how hollywood is"oh i guess all movies now suck huh, hey lets make a sequel out of that great super hero movie that made half a billion dollars." and usually the plot is horrible when studios main focus is $$$

Drifter101
thats wha prob will happen to spiderman

Zephonim
I don't know. The sequal looks amazing, and it sounds like Sam Raimi truly loves that character and wants to keep the stories interesting and emotional. I think as long as Sony keeps him at the helm (which they are for at least one more movie) we won't have anything to worry about.

who?-kid
Indeed, the next Spider-Man movie looks promising, just like the first one did. I hope it won't be a disappointment, but I'm pretty confident that Raimi can do the job: he's no overrated director like George Lucas but a talented and sometimes highly original director. And Octopus looks very cool and menacing.

Go Raimi go, and don't let us down. And ignore most of the criticism, because they're wrong or farfetched. But please fire that guy who plays Harry Osborn (don't remember his name and don't want to remember it).

<<Solo>>
Nope. Sam Raimi wouldn't be into that idea. I believe the 4th is supposed to be the last one. I mean atmost 5.

Zephonim
They have a schedule and contracts drawn up for six movies. There will be at least 6.

Drifter101
i dont mean Spiderman 2 is gonna suck i mean spidermans to come im saying its gonna lag when it comes to film 4 or 5 just like the supermans and batman films, i hope they dont, but im sure they will

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.