Sinister

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
Did Sinister start off with the mutant gene, or did he just get powers from his genetic experiments?

What actually are sinister's powers?
I know that he has super healing abilities (possibly better than logan's), and he has been known to fire blasts of energy, but I am not sure about other powers that he has.

I know that Essex was once married to jean grays ancestor, and he was chased around the world by xaviers ancestor a few hundred years ago.

Does anybody have any more info on him, as he is a really cool evil villain, and is one of my favourate villains (next to Magneto and Thanos).

DemonicGambit-2
He didn't naturally have an X-gene, he was a scientist who used to conduct experiments, he wanted to become the perfect genetic specimen, or at least creat one.

I think you pretty much got his powers covered, he has no others that I know of

Smodden
blink

BarmyBrummie
Sinister

Aliases: Dr. Windsor, Mr. Sinister, Dr. Nathan Milbury, Mike Milbury, Lefty
Relatives: Rebecca (wife, deceased), son (deceased)
Powers: Sinister was a human doctor living in Victorian England who was augmented by Apocalypse. He does not age, and he appears to have total control over his body's molecules, allowing him to pass energy blasts through himself and change his appearance. It was recently revealed that this ability was derived from the cells of the mutant Courier in the late 19th Century, and not from any of Apocalypse's manipulations. Sinister may also have some telepathic abilities, like making people pass out. A geneticist of unparalleled genius, Sinister foresaw the coming mutations that would befall mankind when he was still human. However, his unorthodox experiments caused him to be rejected by the Royal Society, and by his own wife in 1857, leading him to Apocalypse, who gave him a silvery skin and stripped him of his humanity. Sinister plotted the course of certain genepools for over a century, and found that the combination of Scott Summers' and Jean Grey's genes would generate a mutant of incredible power. The young Scott was brought to Sinister's orphanage in Nebraska, and Sinister collected a blood sample from Jean Grey to confirm his findings. When Phoenix died, Sinister used that sample to create the clone who was known as Madelyne Pryor. Madelyne was set up to meet Scott, and naturally, the two fell in love and married. Madelyne gave birth to Nathan Christopher, a child with telekinetic powers, but before Sinister could get a hold of him, Madelyne allied herself with N'astrih and became the Goblin Queen. After that, Nathan was cared for by his father and the "resurrected" Jean Grey. Before Sinster could make another attempt to get Nathan, Apocalypse, sensing that this child could be a weapon for Sinister to use against him, infected Nathan with a techno-organic virus, which forced Cyclops to send him into the future, where he grew up to be the man we know as Cable.
In his pursuit of genetic perfection Sinister had Gambit assemble a group of assassins known as the Marauders. The Marauders entered the Morlock tunnels under Manhattan and commenced a slaughter, because Sinister considered the Morlocks genetically useless. Sinister sometimes aids the X-Men, for reasons all his own. He helped Gambit save Sabretooth's life after his adamantium was removed, he took in Threnody and helped her control her power before she escaped, and in the 19th Century, he helped Gambit stop the current Thieves' Guild from revealing Apocalypse's secrets to Candra, as well as returning Courier to a more human state. In each case, though, Sinister exacts a price, and it is usually very costly, not to the pocket, but to the soul.

BarmyBrummie
Sinister has conducted numerous other experiments in his time. He ran an obstetrics clinic in New York in the late 19th century and performed genetic research on society's deviants on the side. During WWII, he joined the Nazi scientists and managed to get a blood sample of the Sub-Mariner from which he created a clone, N2. N2 had the ability to absorb and project water, and defeated Namor and the original Human Torch quite easily, but fell to the unexpected skill of Captain America. In his guise as Dr. Essex, he influenced the research of Herbert Wyndham, the man who became the High Evolutionary. Years later, Wyndham activated a satellite that reverted all mutant DNA to human DNA, stripping all Earth's mutants of their mutations. Dr. Essex, who had come to support his student's work, then revealed himself and locked down Wyndham's armor, and modified the satellite's beam to mutate every human being on Earth, providing Sinister with an entire planet of lab subjects. Soon after, nearly 20 of Sinister's facilities were attacked by Domina, and she appeared to have killed him at each one. Exactly what happened to Sinister is unclear.

What is known is that Sinister survived, and after Colossus sacrificed himself to cure the Legacy Virus, he offered Nightcrawler the opportunity to resurrect Piotr as a clone. He was flatly refused.

Later, Sinister insinuated himself into the reborn Weapon X Program as "Dr. Windsor." He appeared to be saving mutants from the Neverland concentration camp, but in reality was bringing them to his secret lab and experimenting on them. As Windsor, Sinister was privy to the secrets of the Program's members, such as the fact that Mesmero had lost his powers and Sabretooth was again free of mind control, but he seems not to have acted on this knowledge, except to ensure that his identity was not uncovered.

BarmyBrummie
Need anything else? big grin i am the researcher big grin

kohl
more research--

sinister has exhibited a wide range of abilities and levels of power, and it remains unclear which abilities have been induced by apocalypse or have been developed by sinister himself.

he has increased intellect, strenght, stamina and reflexes. he is apparently able to travel the astral plane and fire bolts and create shields of unknown (maybe psionic) energy. he seemed vulnerable to cyclops' eye-beams, but am not sure if this is really the case or he just faked it. sinister relies on his hi-tech bases with futuristic weaponry. theses also house many mutant detecting, monitoring and recording devices.

BarmyBrummie
wink
If people still need more after this, you have got to be kidding me k?

eleveninches
Thanks smile

Paola
any pics? big grin

kohl
aight.

kohl
---

kohl

kohl
----

kohl

kohl
--

kohl

kohl

kohl
last. hope no-one has nightmares. :>

Ivo
cooooooooooooollll!!!!

Maelstrom
I think sinister has the power knowledge. He was introduced as someone who not just knows things and can do things but someone who is some sort of evil knowldedge

BarmyBrummie
Sinister sux

eleveninches
I've just seen the preview for ultimate x-men 46, with the ultimate version of sinister. smile
http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/ultxmen/

RoguePw25
thanks 11! I just checked it out and it looks really good.

Paola
wow!!! clapping

LeAtHerRFace
Sinister Rocks

jamond1
can apocalypse get him??

DemonicGambit-2
What do you mean? Like beat him in a fight? Probably considering he's been trying create a specimen to defeat Apocalypse

eleveninches
Yeah, he placed madelyne pryor as a jean replacement to create cable to use as a weapon with whuch he could defeat apoc. However, Apocolypse got hold of cable before sinister could get to him, and gave him his T-O virus.

RoguePw25
Sinister has had a lot of evil plans. But did anyone notice that most of them have to do with his obsession with the Summers brothers and Jean?? Why was this?? How did he know that a powerful mutant would be the offspring of Jean and Cyclops??

eleveninches
He would have been watching the Grey family for years, as he was once married to one of Jean's ancestors. I could see why the offspring of jean would be super powerful, but there is nothing really special about cyclops (except for the fact that his eye beam power is based on some kind of cosmic power source)

kohl
perhaps cyclops on his own doesn't seem to be that striking, but sinister knew what would happen when his dna was combined with jean's. when jean 'died' sinister had to resort to using a clone, but we know how that turned out.

eleveninches
Didnt sinister have a position in the orphanage that scott was first sent to? If so, he would have had an intrest i him, and would have got a dna sample to mess around with.

kohl
he did. that's when he obtained the sample and experimented with him.

Paptimus
More Sinister for all. One can never have enough Sinister.

Paptimus
Anyone have any idea who the man behind Sinister in this one is? I sure don't.

Paptimus
Why did they create the Nasty Boys? The Marauders actually had a use at least, and since Sinister cloned them he didn't need ANOTHER team of losers...

Vampy
http://billyzanemuseum.com/Forum/Sinister.jpeg v. weird

http://www.hillcity-comics.com/toys/mr_sinister.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/vondread/fan-sinister.jpg fanart

eleveninches
How many people (or mutants) has he killed so far in xmen:the end?

Nataku8188
Enough.

In X-factor 39 he uses his shield to hold off; Iceman, Dazzler, Storm and Jean Grey... after breaking out of being frozen by Iceman.

Psylocke tries to blast him with some TP, but he resists and fries her. Then rogue flies at him. When Rogue tries to drain him, he switches bodies with her for a little bit.

He's ignored Havok's attacks completely and not been hurt.

In a nutshell... Sinister is like a weaker Apoc.

Paptimus
To my knowledge (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), the only mutant Mister Sinister has killed with his own hands is Malice, the former leader of the Marauders, who he disposed of in X-Factor 105. Human casualities include Toby Rails & the Bogarts (Classic X-Men #41 & #42 BU, respectively), both parties involved in the life of Scott Summers.

However, Sinister was the mastermind behind the infamous Morlock Massacre, and if that wasn't bad enough, he can be indirectly blamed for the release of the Legacy Virus, which has taken countless mutant lifes, sometimes even important ones. His Age of Apocalypse counterpart was just as willing to spill blood, killing Nate Grey's friends Brute and later Forge (X-Man #2 and #3, respectively), the latter death driving Nate to kill Sinister himself.

So, in summary, Sinister's killed quite a few people. Remember, those are just the ones we KNOW about.

And for Nataku: while Sinister and Apocalypse may seem similar, in truth they have very different powers. Apocalypse is a born-mutant with the power to alter the atomic structure of his body at will in order to change his form, increase his size, and / or give himself virtually any superhuman physical power. Sinister on the other is a human modified by the technology at Apocalypse's disposal, and he does not possess any of the powers of 'Poccy save his immortality and ability to shapeshift. From what we have seen, Sinister's regenerative capabilties are superior to those of 'Poccy, and Sinister also possesses the ability to 'shut down' a mutant's powers, as seen in X-Man 18-19. It should be noted that both Sinister and Apocalypse's "costumes" are in truth extensions of their bodies, which they can alter at will.

Paptimus
And now an excellent pic of Mister Sinister's true 'first' appearance, but only for those who bothered to read my Sinister dissertation. wink

Shadow_King
apocalypse keeps sinister even though apocalypse knows sinister is going behind his back. and that's whats cool aboot apocalypse. sinister is too hooked on playing god.

Nataku8188
That sig gave me a boner.

Much like Sinister, what with his evilness and asswhopery.

Paptimus
Apocalypse could probably strip Sinister of the powers he's given him at any time and Sinister knows it, hence why he's constantly churning out new ways to kill him. The funny thing is though, Apocalypse would never do it, because Sinister's constant scheming gives him a challenge. Keeps him on his toes. And that seems to be Apocalypse's primary goal.

Or at least was. Now Apocalypse is dead, Sinister's free to run wild playing god, so to speak. In that vein, does anyone know if Sinister has appeared in any stories since Apocalypse's death? I've heard rumors about him having ties to the Weapon X project under the alias of Dr. Windsor (which would be strange and actually rather lame), but other than that have heard little. Considering the only real threat to him is gone, one would think Sinister would be a bit more eager to exploit his new freedom than he apparently has. Any thoughts on the matter?

Shadow_King
when did apocalypse die???

Sage Tessa
During "The Twelve" saga...
Although, He has reappeared in X-Men: The End...

Paptimus
Taken from Racmx and modified by yours truly:

During the aftermath of The Twelve storyline (where Apocalypse gathered twelve mutants in a bid to become a god and failed), Cyclops was thought dead, although Apocalypse had merely disappeared as a merged with him into a "Cyclopalypse"- style being, with his soul in Cyke's body. Eventually, Phoenix and Cable decided that Cyclops might be alive, and they went looking for him.

During the Search for Cyclops mini-series, Phoenix and Cable found Cyclops. Phoenix professed her love for Scott, and was able to rip Poccy's astral self out of Scott's body. Cable then impaled the astral form with his psimitar. This apparently killed Apocalypse; he has not been seen since to my knowledge.

Paptimus
He's reappeared then? Details, man, details! surprise

Sage Tessa
UXN's description and synopsis of X-Men - the End: Dreamers and Demons #4:
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/issues/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=2221

Alpha Centauri
Possibly the most apt name other than The Hulk. Mr.Sinister.

Truly is a sinister character. England's own mutant version of Jack The Ripper. Makes me....*Sniffle*....makes me proud.

-AC

kohl
*smirks* evil face

Paptimus
In celebration of Sinister's status as one of the most intriguing and scary villains, I hereby submit yet another Sinister picture. Three more and I'll hit the triple digit mark. big grin

lakes311
do a Yahoo search on sinister/x-men (they wont let me post an address here) 3rd option should be X-MEN Character Bios: Sinister. it lists all you want to know Mr. Sinister evil face

fruits
dude, Mr. Sinister is so hardcore. he's also in x-men apocalypse as an underling to apocalypse. he's always been one of my favorite x-villains

vaya_the_elf
Sinister is a great villian

holy_dude
on marvels directory they also state that some of his known abilities is that he IS immortal apocalypse gave him this or sum10 but neway i dont know bout the energy beams or nething cuz i havent seen x- men in 4 ever but yes HE is immortal this is how he came to have such a great knowledge of genetics.

Nathaniel Grey
According to Cable & Deadpool #9, Cable stated that Apocalypse isn't dead. So what does this mean for Sinister? Will he again have to submit to the endless and undying gaunt of En Sabah Nur or will he yet again attempt to contruct a biological weapon to attempt to defeat the eternal despot? I can't wait to see how that possibility plays out.

Sage Tessa
Could very well be explained in the upcoming AoA mini... wink

Nathaniel Grey
Upcoming AoA mini-series? What'chu talkin' 'bout Willis? huh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.