McGrady/Kobe to Suns?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Phoenix Suns traded away Marbury earlier this season to get the cap room to possibly sign Kobe Bryant. Now there is news that if McGrady decides not to play with Orlando because of the poor year they had, he would like to play for the Suns. If this comes true, it would require Phoenix to send to Orlando: Marion, a strong role player, and their 1st round pick that will most likely be in the top 7. However, it sounds like Phoenix would not want to "give up the farm to get McGrady and then somehow not get Bryant, leaving McGrady in a similar situation" that he had in Orlando. Phoenix would have the salary to do this which is scary.

I honestly do not see this happening but who knows. Kobe would only do it if he was sure it would be "his" team. I also don't see the Suns being much good with both of these 2 and not much of a supporting cast although others my join to play with them. To me that makes McGrady almost useless because him and Kobe are the same pretty much with Kobe being a little better, just like how Shareef Abdur Raheem became useless to the Blazers behind Zach Randalph.

ElectricBugaloo
i don't think Kobe is going to leave the Lakers.

Myth
If the Lakers win the championship and he earns MVP, then he'd stay. Other than that I think there is a 50-70% chance IMO.

vagaryatwill
I think there's a good chance of Kobe leaving LA. If they win again this year, what more can he really accomplish with the Lakers. If they lose, Shaq will blame it on Kobe and he'll leave anyway. I'd like to see Kobe with another team. Would be sweet to see him play with McGrady.

M® $¥®€Ñ
IF Kobe for some reason does decide to leave LA, then he's going to leave in a sign and trade deal. They'll extend his current contract and trade him for a big name player. I heard rumors that they might do an even trade between Kobe and McGrady because McGrady wants a ring and he wants to play with Shaq. And I heard Kobe might consider it because he wants his own team to build.

Myth
Yeah, I've heard that possibility as well.

Super-Man-Lives
Kobe is a mirror image of Tracy. They both have the shot, the heart, the skill. Nothing will change if that happens. The lakers with Shaq & T-mac would still be favorites to win the RINGS. As for Kobe, he will fill the role of super-super star. The Magic could get a high pick, perhaps the #1 pick, after all they had the worst record, I think. But is that what everone wants? I, personally would like to see a Iverson switch. Or the Knicks, try to land Kobe. all to come after the playoffs.

Linkalicious
After hearing about him sitting himself out a game for not starting...I've lost all respect for Iverson. I wish he'd get kicked out of the league for that crap. No wonder why Philly is such a terrible team. Who could want that little chiwawa as a captain or franchise player.

Myth
I'd prefer to see Kobe on either LA or the Knicks for one reason. I hate those teams and I hate Kobe. I would be mad if Kobe goes to a team I like and makes me have to hate them too.

Jeff_Atello
Kobe cannot survive anywhere other than L.A. and adding him and McGrady to the Suns would never work.

MF D00m
The deal as of today has S.Marion, J.Johnson, and J.Voshkul going to Orlando for T-Mac.I doubt they'll also sign Kobe, but i'm pretty positive Kobe is leaving LA.If the Suns could get them both, that would be amazing.Amare Stoudemire, Kobe Bryant, and T-Mac would be unstoppable.

wuTa
i'd take iverson any day of the week....he plays everygame like its his last....i agree that what he did by sitting out was chicken shit but it not like he's wrong...do u think jordan would come off the bench if he felt he was 100%? or kobe?

Linkalicious
I would NEVER take Iverson on my team. He'll never win a championship in his career. His attitude is complete cancer to any team he would be on. The freaking guy said 9 things about himself in the 3rd freakin person.

Kobe and Jordan would both sit and not start if that's what their coach demanded or requested from them. Because they realize its just a START of a game. Who gives a rats ass about starting? Anyone that's ever played the game knows that who's in when the game is on the line is the most important. Manu Ginobili, Antwan Jameison, Derek Fisher...none of them start, but when the game is on the line....you don't see them on the bench.

Now Gary Payton....he should be pissed for being sat. Since when is he good enough to start and run the show all game only to sit out the majority of a fourth quarter.

wuTa
are kiddin me?...he should be sitting coz he's a shell of what he used to be...yea he played game in game 3 coz they didnt run the triangle offense but u saw what parker did to him in game 1 and 2

Linkalicious
what game were you watching? Toni Parker did the SAME thing to him in game 3 as in game 1 & 2, the only difference is the Lakers played TEAM DEFENSE. They actually collapsed on Parker and played the pick and roll well. He still drove and penetrated, but this time people were there to disrupt the easy dishes to Nesterovic and Duncan for the easy duece.

He's still vital to running that offense. He pushes the ball, has a great height advantage...and he's better than Fisher at firing up his teammates. Look at the 3rd quarter of game 2 when they were down by 16 at the begining of the half. He went straight down to the block and punished Parker for a quick 4 points and started the comeback.

Sometimes team leadership counts for more than the ability to shoot the 3. And with Kobe, Shaq, and Malone on the court at the same time...they don't need more shooters, they need more role players.

wuTa
hey he's suppose to be the glove he's suppose to be the top notch defendor.....yea yea pick n roll...well if he's such role player why didnt he tell ask his players to help him out during the game? no he had to go to the media and throw a fit about the pick n roll

Myth
Before the Lakers started playing team defense, Payton was getting beat. I'd say Payton is still better defensively than Fisher but Fisher has better latteral movement on D which is what was needed against Parker when there was no team D.

Linkalicious
Seemed to work didn't it? Kinda like when Malone has to blow up and get a Technical foul just to start getting some calls going his way.

wuTa
so would of asking his teamates for help

Linkalicious
yeah i agree. The only excuse i could come up with for GP is that...maybe he has too much pride to ask for help.

Probably not a very good or likely excuse....but we are talking about GP here.

wuTa
thats kinda my point he has too much pride to ask for help but yet enought pride to make an ass out of himself with the media....although i did find it funny and entertaining

Myth
What about today? Payton got plenty of time overall but he got benched for most of the 3rd and the first half of the 4th. Plus that was when the Lakers had their stretch to catch up then pull ahead. Payton can't be too happy right now.

Linkalicious
Well they got the W, so I don't imagine you'll hear any complaints from GP. And he played a great game overall. He had pressure applied to him the whole game by Parker while he was bringing it up the court, and he ran the offense like there was no pressure at all. Fisher had a bit of a rough time with the pressure....but not GP.

wuTa
wow wow hold on GP didnt have that great of a game parker had 18 points and 8 assists

Linkalicious
how many turn overs did he have? and what were the Spurs like when Parker wasn't on the court?

Parker also got beat down on the defensive end...all game.

wuTa
whats with all the qusestions...i dont know how many turnovers he had have...and u cant say that about him not bein on the court...payton wasnt on the court in most of the 2nd half and the lakers played better in the 2nd half than the 1st

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.